Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cult of Personality

Therax Milbon

Just a man with a Lightsaber and a few questions
"Well, they got a head start," Therax whispered in Darlynn's ear. "They have the biggest farm in the neighborhood."

"Ah wonderful!" Sal chuckled. "As they say, the only person who can control a stubborn man is a kind woman."

"If you hang out with Darlynn for more than five minutes," Therax chuckled. "She can be a handful but we're a team and I'm glad to have her as my wife." Hopefully Tess understands that the best things in life are the simple things. "Let's go visit Tess after this is done." he whispered.

Darlynn Arard-Milbon Darlynn Arard-Milbon

Darlynn gave a giggle at the Duro's praise. Their marriage was on in that neither needed to keep the other in line. They loved and respected each other and found the correct way to get through challenges together. They argued here and there. Neither one was submissive to the other, but in then end it all worked out. "He is right I can be a handful. But if I wasn't a challenge he wouldn't love me as much as he does. And the same goes the other way. If you truly think I've got him tamed or something you're a crazy guy Sal." She gave a laugh.

"You're so interested in me keeping Tess on the right track," Darlynn responded looking her husband dead in the eyes. "I hope you're making sure that Lad is on the track to being a good and proper husband. A marriage isn't all about having a good wife. I know Lad works hard on the farm, but there is more to it than just that."

Therax Milbon Therax Milbon

Therax Milbon

"I'll be sure to talk to the boy," Therax said. The two haven't talked much with Therax preferring to keep to himself. Darlynn was the more sociable one and she constantly tries drag Therax to many events that she's involved namely that damned book club that she and Jysell Harbowe Jysell Harbowe formed a few months ago. It had mostly Darlynn's friends but a few other men as well.

"I can teach him how to treat a lady right," Therax leaned against the wall while the Duros workers motioned the 4 Loader Droids to begin unloading the hay. "Also teach him a thing or two on how to do proper crop rotation and how to make the land last for years."

"Well then Therax," Sal took out his Holopad and began calculating. "With this hay you'll be making a lot to last you a winter forget that, maybe three winters."

"Good," Therax chuckled. "Gonna need as much as I can, the lady and I plan on taking a long break after this year's harvest."

“I know you would rather stay to yourself,” Darlynn responded thankfully but if you want me to have good wives for friends they need to have good husbands and you are the best example of that.”

She hugged to Therax’ side as he concluded business with the Duros brothers. The credits for the bay was a good start to the harvest payout. It helped to be ahead of the crowd. She hoped that the harvest wasn’t too good for the whole planet too much product in the market can be as bad as too little product to sell for a farmer.

“That’s right,” Darlynn added to Therax’ comment. “The big lug is gonna take me out to see some of the galaxy.”

Therax Milbon

"Big lug?!" Therax chuckled kissing Darlynn's head. She was a sweet and gentle woman but she does have bite. "Darlynn has never ventured far in the Galaxy, I told her that it's full of bad people and bad places but she keeps pestering me."

Sal chuckled while the Droids finished unloading the supplies from Bell. "Just one more year and you guys are leaving huh?"

"That is correct," Therax said holding Darlynn close. "Come to think of it maybe I do need a vacation, I've been working nonstop on the farm for about a year now."

Darlynn always knew best well except for the Force but she was right that Therax needed a break. "Come on Darlynn," he whispered. "Let's go meet the newly wed couple."

Darlynn giggled at Therax' reaction to her calling him big lug. She did it lovingly, but she couldn't let his head get too big around his friends, or the guys they sold their crops to at least. She smiled at the kiss, but sighed when Therax insisted on pounding the negative of the galaxy. Darlynn wasn't sure if it was his time at war that made him so grizzled or it was just the way he was. She loved him, not in spite of this quality. It had its good points as well. Their farm was always safe. They were always prepared for the bad harvest that was inevitable to show its head from now and then. But Darlynn did wish that he would see the bright side of the galaxy now and then too.

Darlynn couldn't believe the words that came out of her husbands mouth. The only time he ever said vacation was to say "No we can't take a vacation." Now he was seeing the value of one? He had been working hard. And he deserved a vacation, but Darlynn never thought she would see the day he would admit he needed one. She always assumed he would blame whatever trip they took on her.

Darlynn waved to the Duros brothers as Therax led her off. She leaned into him, just because she enjoyed being so close. "You want to go visit Tess and Lad? Ok. We can do that. I wonder how their crops are getting along. They didn't get seeds in the ground as early as we did. Then again no one in town did. You're Force skills are at least good for picking the right time to plant," she gave him a wink and nudge. It was actually that he was a good farmer as much as it was the Force that gave them the best luck in town. They needed it since they didn't have the biggest farm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom