Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CSP “Sidekick” Charric Sidearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
b78___sci_fi_handgun_by_peterku-damux7t.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To sub a reliable and potent service sidearm for the CIS military and paramilitary forces.
Image Source: [X]
Canon Link: Charric Weapons
Primary Source:
57s

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems / Visanj T’shkali
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
Model: CSP “Sidekick”
Modularity: Yes; uses specially-designed high capacity power cells (2 included with each pistol)
Production: Minor
Material(s): Duraplast, Durasteel Barrel, Charric Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Charric Sidearm
Size: Handheld
Weight: Light (809g)
Ammunition Type: Power cell and gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: 400 rounds
Reload Speed: Average
Effective Range: Personal
Rate of Fire: Average; semi-automatic
Stopping Power: High
Recoil: High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Standard charric weapon, it fires a blue-colored beam of maser-guided charged particles which deliver both kinetic and thermal energy to their target.
  • Like most charric weapons, they render most commonly-found ceramic and polymer-based armors ineffective, are unable to be reflected by lightsaber blades, and use enough a hitting power to effectively wear down a lightsaber-wielding opponent, knocking the weapon from their grasp.
  • Unusually high ammunition capacity, rare for most charric weapons, gives users an edge.
  • Made to handle adverse conditions and situations, these weapons are hardened against shock, resistant to damage, and proofed against heat, cold, and moisture - even able to be fired from underwater!
STRENGTHS:
  • Powerful weapons, able to offer serious stopping power, accuracy, and effectiveness at close-range.
  • High-capacity ammunition, light weight, and small size combine to make it the perfect choice for downed pilots, vehicle operators, or as a back-up or ‘fall-back’ weapon for ground troops.
  • Tough weapons can hold up to a lot of abuse, even able to fire when submerged.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Poor accuracy and effectiveness beyond personal range, making it a poor choice as a primary sidearm for ground troops.
  • Unable to be silenced or used stealthily.
  • Heavy recoil is often too much for smaller or weaker beings to control and operate these weapons effectively, even at close ranges.
  • Specialized power cells make reloading without these same type available impossible.
  • Firing while submerged cuts the effective range and accuracy by half.
DESCRIPTION
Derived from the famed charric weaponry of the Chiss, these compact sidearms were developed with several particular design points in mind. Namely, 1. That they offer high ammunition capacity and powerful close-range accuracy and effective stopping power, 2. That they be lightweight and resilient against rough use and adverse conditions, and 3. That they be easy to use, requiring only basic familiarity with weapons and marksmanship. With this in mind, the geniuses at CIS R & D went to work, and emerged from their efforts with the CSP “Sidekick”, the perfect weapon for CIS operatives traveling light, downed pilots or disabled vehicle operators needing reliable personal weapons to ensure their survival and prevent them from being captured, and a terrific choice for a ‘fall-back’ weapon for ground forces, where it could help from being overrun or forced to resort to hand-to-hand fighting.

Able to operate in the swamps of Dagobah, the deserts of Tatooine, or the narrow, close alleys of the Coruscant Underworld, these tough handguns can even fire when submerged (although effective range is cut by half when doing so). They have the magazine capacity to give users a lot of use before running low on ammunition without needing them to carry multiple extra power cells. Finally, they have the close-range accuracy, simplicity of operation, and sheer potency to ensure effective and well-placed shots, easily knocking through ceramic and polymer-based armor, and hitting hard enough to kill or damage your target seriously with the very first shot. No need to be a sharpshooter or experienced marksman, just a basic level of skill and training will do. These are finely-tuned instruments, they’re bulldozers, meant to knock down and take out threats when they come close.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

The only thing I see wrong here is under 'Effective Range' you put '25 meters'. I ask that you refer to the template and use one of the ranges provided there. Personally I'd use Personal because 25 meters is about half the range of a average modern pistol. Tag me when you've made the change.

[member="Noah Corek"] thank you for reviewing this submission. Corrections have been made, which I don't mind making at all, but I do have a one suggestion however:

1. In reference to ranges, without a definition of ranges - similar to the hangar situation with starship creation - it is difficult to interpret which range is most suitable, as the subjectivity of say 'personal' versus 'average' is so apparent. May I suggest that the Factory staff consider making a chart which would better clarify these for future submissions? Something like "Personal = 25-40m" or whatever is decided would be my suggestion for this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom