Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crystal Clear

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Purify the crystal
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble
Outfit: Clothes

div1.png

For some time, there was something that Silas had been keeping safe. It wasn't a regular Jedi item, but instead a dark crystal that was layered deep with the darkside. Silas had been keeping a promise to his former master to keep an eye on it as Vera grew up and wait for the right moment to ask him a question he had been waiting to ask at the right time. Now that he was a knight, he felt like the time was right to finally ask what he truly desired to do with the crystal. Knowing Kahlil, he had probably forgotten the crystal entirely due to everything else that had happened.

Even if that was the case, it was still a very personal item of his.

Clad in casual clothing, he readjusted the backpack and walked up to the Noble apartment. Silas had let them know of his visit beforehand as he didn't want to surprise them if they were doing something important. They were after all quite a busy family considering they had three new kids on the way, he'd have to congratulate them on their new editions when it came down to it.

Valery mentioned that she had left the door unlocked only a few minutes before, so after a few brief knocks he opened the door and looked around to see where everyone was "Hello? Valery? Sir? Vera?" the knight called out as he turned around to close the door respectfully. This place was like a second home to him, the Nobles always seemed to make him feel welcome no matter how he felt. Hopefully bringing up the crystal wasn't going to be a problem, the last thing he wanted was to cause a hassle with the three people he was closest to.

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"Silas!"

Vera came running down the hallway and wrapped herself around his legs for a big hug. It had been a little while since she last saw him, and Silas was like a big brother to her. She would always be happy to see him. Valery entered the room soon after, and she seemed a little bit tired. The triplets were fed, which was always a bit of a thing, and finally sleeping as well. Her motherly duties were on hold, for now.

"Hey Silas, I saw your message. You just felt like visiting your old Master, hm?" she smirked and looked back over her shoulder, and down the hallway. "Babe? Silas is here!" she called out, before turning back to her former Padawan. He always announced his visits, but usually, he was more clear about what they'd be for.

Nothing seemed to be wrong, judging by the way he felt in the Force, so Valery was quite curious to find out what sparked this little visit.

"Why don't you come sit down while we talk?" Valery then asked. She no longer really needed the rest, and her body was already getting back in shape, so this was purely to make him feel welcome. "And uh, can I get you anything to drink?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil half stumbled out of the bedroom, yawning and rubbing his one good eye. He was very, very tired. The triplets were exhausting, to say the least. And it was his turn to take a little nap before he ended up on his turn to watch the four children. He glanced to Valery, then to Vera, then to Silas. Gave a brief smile before wandering to the kitchen. "I'm gonna put on some caf."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
Silas instantly shot a smile to a running Vera and leaned over to give her the best hug he could muster "Come here you" he said in a funny voice, his hand gently ruffling her hair as he leaned back up "Hey, don't tell your mom but I've got you some supplies" the knight whispered before taking out some sweets from his pocket and secretly handing it over "Just promise me to not eat them before bed alright?" Silas gave her a wink and soon heard another pair of footsteps coming.

"I had a feeling you had missed me so I decided to drop by and check to see if my old master has invested in a walking stick yet"

In all honesty, Silas had missed having his tease wars with Valery. That was something he'd never admit though, if he did it was allowing Valery to win. Not only did they have a deep friendship but a friendly rivalry that only helped to develop their skills further "You look tired... everything been okay with the new editions?" Silas asked caringly as he walked through, noticing that Valery must have been put through the wringer by the triplets crying all night.

Sitting down on the sofa he saw Kahlil appear with a yawn. Both of them must have had a long night from the looks of it "Uh, I'll have what he's having" He replied, taking the opportunity to place the bag on his lap "Time seems to be flying lately, Vera is growing up fast and now she has three new siblings. I'm just excited to see what they'll become in the future" Silas smiled at Valery and waited for Kahlil to return before he showed them the crystal again.

It was important that they both saw this.

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Vera, of course, took the snackies and stuffed them into her pockets with a big grin. "Mkay!" she said, not sure why she couldn't eat them before bed, but it didn't matter. She had some new candy, and Silas always had the best stuff! Now she just needed to hide it from her parents, and her mom was already walking into the room.

"Careful, or I'll hit you with it," Valery said with narrowed eyes, while Vera just giggled. "But it's good to see you again and... yeah, I'm a bit tired. The kids keep us busy, but you know me... I love it." She chuckled and turned her gaze to Kahlil as he entered the room. Immediately, her grin widened.

He looked even worse than she did.

"Hope I didn't wake you up, love?" she smirked and turned to Silas again.

"The kids grow up with a lot of really good people around them, so I feel confident that they'll all find something they care about." Most of the kids will likely end up as Jedi, as it'll feel natural within the family. But Aurra wasn't Force-sensitive, so she was going to find something else. But no matter what it was, Valery and Kahlil would both be there to support her just as much as they supported their other kids.

"What about you, though? Has everything been going alright?"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"The kids grow up with a lot of really good people around them, so I feel confident that they'll all find something they care about."
"I'm certain that will be the case too. When they've grown a bit more I'll have to teach them the importance of fishing" Silas said with a light smile. An activity like that would be good for developing their patience and the fact good things come in the long run. It certainly helped him when he was a child, surely it will do the same for them.

"So far I've been alright. I was struggling with the changes of being a knight at first but now I'm starting to get used to the new challenges" Silas said before taking the caf off Kahlil and giving him a nod. Taking a quick sip he put it down on the table and smiled at the pair "It's nothing I can't handle though, I've faced far worse than a group of troublesome kids" laughing slightly he saw that Kahlil had sat down and seemed to show a more serious side than before.

"Anyhow, I'd better say why I'm here. A long time ago when I was fifteen Master Kahlil tasked me with looking after his crystal, the one that was plagued with the dark side" the knight explained, now and then looking between the two "Since that time I did as you asked, and kept it contained in a safe place until the time was right to return it. Although, over time I thought about what you said and came to a conclusion. You didn't want me to simply look after it, you wanted to see if I had the strength to do something you couldn't do..."

Silas didn't dare to take it out with Vera in the room, it was still unsure how it would affect her and the other triplets. It wasn't like the pair of them hadn't seen it before anyway. With that in mind, he looked Kahlil in the eyes "Sir, I feel I'm strong enough to finally carry out this final task. With your permission, I wish to cure the crystal and use it as my own" he said straight to the point.

One way or another, everything had led up to this moment.

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I'm sure they'd love to learn that from you." If the triplets were going to be anything like Vera, they'd all love to explore and learn things from the people around them. Valery planned to keep encouraging that behavior, knowing Kahlil would do the same. The more they learned from others, and the more they learned how to work with and respectfully interact with others, the better. She wanted them to be able to make a good life for themselves.

Of course, with never-ending parental support.

Valery then sat down on the couch beside Kahlil and gently patted him on the leg. He looked too tired for much more of a morning greeting, so she let him enjoy his coffee for now. But as Silas began to explain his reason for visiting, she'd turn to the new Knight and listen intently.

She knew of the Crystal, but after it had not been mentioned for some time, she had almost forgotten.

"Is this something you need or want help with?" Valery asked, choosing not to give permission on Kahlil's behalf. She just wanted to know why he asked for permission, and if there was something more they could do for him. Sometimes true strength was being able to recognize that asking for help was the best course of action.

Even if it was possible to complete the task alone as well.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded slowly, glancing from Silas to Valery. He listened in silence. He knew the cyrstal very well. The heart of his first Lightsaber, the blade he made as a Jedi when as a Sith he had never. The same crystal he tormented and twisted to the Dark with the intent of it keeping him dark. And in turn, when they both could, they would return to the Light.

But he made it too effective. Too tied to him.

"It is your crystal, Silas. You may do with it as you wish."

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Valery Noble Valery Noble

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"Is this something you need or want help with?"
Silas nodded intently to the question "I know I can do it myself, but I feel with you two at my side it will bring an end to the path that I had been walking on ever since becoming a padawan and receiving the crystal," Silas said with a thoughtful smile, his gaze looking over to Kahlil "Not only that, it will bring a conclusion to something of your past sir." the knight ended, indicating as to why he was so keen on asking permission off him. That crystal item belonged to him during his dark days, after all, it must have been quite personal for him.

The fact that Kahlil gave him permission made things even more reassuring though. Silas was certain his former master wanted better use of the crystal as much as he did "Thank you, sir. I won't disappoint you." he said with a bow of his head, showing how much he respected the man who first taught him the way of a Jedi. He was very much still like a father figure to the young man, one that reminded him very much of his own. Vera was fortunate to have a man like him...

"I will not do it here though, a place close to my heart I have received news about has shown something promising that will help us in this task," Silas said proudly, his hand unzipping a side pocket that was on the bag "There has been a discovery of a long lost temple on my homeworld of Azbrian, hidden within a large cave system close to an active homestead" turning on the datapad he first handed it to Valery to check out the image of the front entrance. The large gateway was still in good condition, and two large statues of ancient Jedi were still able to be identified.

"According to local folk stories I heard as a child, there was word of a secret temple that contained secrets long forgotten through time. I sense this is no coincidence, the force wills me to cure it within its forgotten walls."

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery snickered when Silas called her husband sir again, but while she thought it was amusing, it was something she always liked about Silas as well. In a Galaxy with very unorthodox Jedi, he was always the respectful one. Almost like the Jedi of old. But Valery's focus quickly shifted back to the topic at hand.

The Crystal that needed to be healed.

With Kahlil's assurance that it was his choice to make, Silas seemed to be determined and even had a plan about where to take the crystal. So Valery could only smile. "Well, you're making it easy for us, Silas. If that's where you feel the Force is calling you, then that's where we'll go." She looked at Kahlil and squeezed his leg a bit to help wake him up.

"We'll help you as much as you'd like, but it is your crystal, so it's yours to heal in the end." Of course, they'd be there to support him, always.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded slowly before glancing to Valery. Listened too her first, her response to everything Silas had said. Gone was the tired expression from his face. He knew what the crystal was. What it meant to him. What he'd done. He let out a sigh, rubbed at the back of his neck with a slight frown on his face.

"That crystal was meant to keep me in the Dark. I'm not sure I'll be of any help, given it's purpose."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"We'll help you as much as you'd like, but it is your crystal, so it's yours to heal in the end."
"I understand that Valery, the crystal is mine alone to heal," he said with an understanding nod. They'd be by his side every step of the way, but when the time came he'd have to show how far he had come with the force. In ways, it was a fitting end to what the two of them had done for him over the years.

Silas understood what it meant to Kahlil, a shard of his past that was made for him to be a person he dared not to be. A part of his reason was to bring a close to something he frowned upon and make it into something that will be passed down for generations to come "Sir, trust me your presence alone will be a great help" he smiled to the man, meaning every word he said to the master he respected "You won't need to even touch the crystal, but I trust you and Valery can encourage me to finally rid you of a piece of your past"

To Silas, without Kahlil being there it wouldn't make sense.

Keeping his smile, he looked at the silent Vera and nodded to her "Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to come Vera. I'll make up for it and take you fishing one of the days"

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery looked between Silas and Kahlil, and nodded in agreement with her former student. While they couldn't help him heal the crystal, they could still offer their support by being there. But there was something else to consider as well.

"We should also not focus just on healing the crystal and assume the path there is easy. It's possible we have some challenges along the way, and it's easier to tackle those together." She smirked but looked at her little star when she was addressed.

"No fair..." She pouted and looked at her father, hoping he'd somehow let her join. "I wanna come toooo."

Valery just chuckled and looked at Silas, "Do you already have a ship prepares? Or should we take the Bastion?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom