Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Cryptamec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
jungle-deep.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~ OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a home world and backstory for my characters, as in their bios. Also to possibly use for threads for character development and stories.
Image Credit: https://www.deviantart.com/sarichev/art/Jungle-Deep-659581125
Canon: N/A
Links: Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot , Subject 82 Snow , Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

GENERAL INFORMATION
Planet Name: Cryptamec
Demonym: Cryntanarcs(For the non-Experiments and the Experiments)/Experiments(For the Genetic Experiments)
Region: Unknown Regions (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Unknown_Regions/Legends)
System Name: Crypta System
System Features: The system holds only a single, yellow sun. There are three other planets in the system. Cryptamec is the second-closest to the sun. Cryptamec is the only one that can support life. The closest to the sun is a rocky barren wasteland, but rich in minerals and ores, it's name is Larmeorn. The planet third-closest to the sun could support a colony, but pressure suits are required to survive on the planet, it's name is Bontmatar. The planet furthest from the sun is a large gas-planet, it's name is Afmontac. Afmontac has six moons, Bontmatar has two, Cryptamec has zero, and Larmeorn has zero. Cryptamec's length of day is a 27 hour period. Cryptamec's orbital period is 369 days in a year. An asteroid belt sits in between Bontmatar and Afmontac.
Major Imports: Foodstuff (because of the recent introduction to the galaxy, there are not a lot of farmers, as before the introduction the only population was the experiments, so food imports are currently necessary for survival until more farmers arrive and the problem stabilizes itself), livestock (again, for food items), building material (Duracrete: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Duracrete/Legends), ores and other materials (Durasteel: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Durasteel, Lommite: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lommite/Legends, Carbon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Carbon/Legends), technology, transportation (such as ships), weapons and ammunition
Major Exports: Weapons, foodstuff, livestock.
Unexploited Resources: Specialized and exotic fruits, animals, and plants found in the rainforests.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
Gravity: Standard
Climate: Temperate.
Primary Terrain: Rain forests, forests, grassland, mountains, oceans, deserts, tundras.
Atmosphere: Type I

LOCATION INFORMATION
Capital City: Lifeline
Planetary Features: There are large amounts of ruins scattered all over the planet. From the large, hidden, abandoned, and run-down laboratories used for genetic experimentation deep in the rain forests, to the mysterious alien structures predating the experiments scattered all over the environment, even under the ocean. The alien structures are highly advanced and are still a mystery as to who made them, what they were made for, and why they were there.
Major Locations: Lifeline: The capital city, and the most urban one and sophisticated one. It still isn't as advance as other cities throughout the galaxy, but it has made exponential growth in a very short amount of time.
Quarantine Enforcement Platform: A large, alien platform on an island in the middle of the ocean. When there is a planet wide disease or epidemic, the Platform releases Quarantine Enforcers, or Q.E.s or short. The Quarantine Enforcers are highly intelligent cybernetic beings. They search the planet, capturing and keeping those that are infected separate from uninfected individuals or killing and disposing of infected individuals. The Enforcers are 15 meters tall. The Enforcers are humanoid in shape. The Enforcers can even take down ships attempting to leave the planet or arrive and land on the planet, to stop the spread of the virus to other planets, as they can jump to heights three times their size, thanks to their powerful legs. The Platform's power supply is geothermal, drawing from heat inside of the planet and from geothermal vents underwater. The Platform has machines and droids within it to both repair and upkeep the Platform and to repair, upkeep, and even build Quarantine Enforcers to continue the operations. The Platform is entirely self-sustaining, able to both upkeep and repair itself.
Genetic Laboratories ruins: There are multiple genetic laboratories ruins. There are some in the mountains, the rainforest, the deserts, the forests, and even in the arctic tundra. The laboratories is where all of the experiments were created, and eventually abandoned after pirates attacked each and every laboratory, but were driven off or killed by the experiments. The experiments have either left the planet, or have stayed to watch the growth of their homeworld.
Force Nexus (Optional): No

POPULATION
Native Species: Rakata (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rakata)(Now extinct from the planet)
Immigrated Species: Genetic-experiment Supersoldiers (Human, Near-Human, etc.) Humans, Weequays (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Weequay/Legends), Twi'leks (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Twi'lek), and other humanoid species that could be found on established planets such as Coruscant (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Coruscant)
Population: Sparse
Demographics: The experiments have the largest population, with humans close behind in second, The third largest group are second-generation experiments, where one or both parents are or descended from experiments. The planet is open to all species.
Primary Languages: Galactic Basic
Culture: In daily life, almost everyone works or goes to work. There is little to no racism against other species, although, rarely, there are some small outbreaks or demonstrations. This can happen whenever, but is extremely rare. No species has been targeted specifically, at least, there hasn't been a consistent pattern yet, and any one of them can be targeted. Sports include racing, sparring competitions, and hunting competitions. Not at all of the inhabitants are religious. Arts are slowly making an appearance in the communities.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
Government: Federal Republic
Affiliation: N/A
Wealth: Medium. Despite rapid growth, the economy is still not high because of the distance from major planets, which makes it harder and slower for the economy to improve, though it is slowly climbing.
Stability: Medium. The planet is striving for peace, though pirates frequently attack smaller settlements, villages, and rarely major cities. The pirates are usually in small, unorganized raiding parties, and their goal is to pillage, steal, and general destruction, Also, the experiments have been bred for combat, so they often fight against the pirates, and accidentally go to extreme measures to stop them. You are fairly safe as an outsider on the planet. The current governor of Cryptamec is an experiment, voted in by the people. Having the experiments currently in power has created a safer environment and with a stronger security task force and military, while keeping the citizens free and able to do what they please, as long as they stay within the laws.
Freedom & Oppression: Freedom is all throughout the planet. The people are given a large assortment of rights for their freedom, such as freedom of speech, the right to vote, right to citizenship, right to essential goods (such as food and water), etc. Fear of the current ruling body is not prevalent, but there is a small group of pirates who want to overthrow the government so that they can gain rule of the planet to boost their own devious wants.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
Military: Even though the population isn't large, but growing rapidly, the military capabilities of the planet is very competent. The experiments are highly competent in a wide variety of skills, especially combat. The non-experiment citizens feel a sense of pride for their planet and their community, so they also contribute to military operations, such as joining the military or helping equip the military with equipment.
Technology: Galactic Standard

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Around 2000 BBY, the original inhabitants started to appear and show evidence that they were there. According to evidence found in structures, they were a colony in the Rakatan Archipelago. They started to adapt to the planet. They were very technologically advanced, and created structures everywhere, even under the ocean. The only structure that has been proven to currently have any current use is the Quarantine Enforcement Platform, which is currently inactive, as currently there is not a planet-wide disease. Strangely, they just vanished, possibly because of a planet-wide disease, and the Enforcers killed them all. Or they left the planet, but the reason for that is still debated. There are also some rumors that they are hidden away at the bottom of the ocean in their secret laboratories, but there is no evidence to that, but it doesn't mean it couldn't be true.

The planet was devoid of any sentient life for a long time, then, at 815 ABY, a company discovered the planet. They decided to use the planet for their own agenda, to experiment and create genetically modified supersoldiers. And around 820 ABY, the labs were up and running. It took a while to make a successful experiment, as the experiments were either flawed majorly in some way and died, were not able to handle the mental strain of the expanded genetic code and died, or were not able to handle the mental strain of the vast overload of information and cracked and went insane. But once

In 844 ABY, the Neatherworld Crisis struck the galaxy. Some scientists and experiments did inevitably disappear, but because of the small population, very few of them disappeared. After that, the scientists that disappeared were replaced, and the labs returned back to normal, and continued to produce experiments.

Then, disaster struck, in 856 ABY, pirates found and attacked the labs. The experiments and security systems of the labs were used to stop the pirates. After five days of fighting, the pirates were finally defeated. Most of the scientists were dead, and a small percentage of experiments were dead. Some of the experiments choose to leave the planet in ships liberated from the pirates, the majority decided to stay behind and create a new life.

Soon after, Cryptamec made itself known to the galaxy, which would soon after create a large boom in population, stability, economy, and government. Now, the planet is still trying to create a foothold in the galaxy, but it will soon reach that goal, and become a great planet.

Last edited:
[member="Subject 73 Red"] Hey hon! There's a lot I want to go over with you, so I'm gonna go over it with sections once I've got everything down. Starting off though, this is definitely a neat planet! I love the geothermal energy you plugged in! Love me some ecofriendly options, ya know?

Before we get into the nitty gritty, I will have to ask if there is a factory sub or canon model for the Quarantine Enforcers? If not, I will have to ask that you make one, just so that I can see what they're capable of. I have some errands to run today, so you can get to work on that while I'm away, if you see this before I get back home. :D

Subject 73 Red

[member="Taozi Fuyuan"]

Okay! Yeah, I haven't made a factory sub for the Quarantine Enforcers. I will make one as soon as possible and get it up.

Question: where would I put the submission? Would it be under technology?

[member="Subject 73 Red"] All right hon, now that I've got you started on the Enforcers, I do want to continue on to other parts of your planet sub, and you can work on the Enforcers between sections so you don't get overwhelmed, okay? :D
As I said earlier, I'll be going over your sub with you section by section, starting with the "General Information" section. There's only a couple small things I need you to do here, so good job on that for your first planet!

Subject 73 Red said:
Region: Unknown Regions
Please link the Unknown Regions here

Subject 73 Red said:
Please provide a location relative to the map, this can be a descriptor such as "In *planet x*'s hex" or "Next to/Above/Below *planet x*'s hex" or a zoomed-in screenshot of the hex you want it in, with a little indicator of approximately where in the hex your planet is.

Tag me when your done with these, and let me know if you get overwhelmed with things!

[member="Subject 73 Red"] Thanks for making those changes hon! There's only a couple things left in your "General Information" I want to take a look at, and the first of them is just some clarification. Once we get this section settled we'll move on to the "Population" section of your sub, which will be easy peezey lemon squeezy. :D

Subject 73 Red said:
Major Imports: Foodstuff, livestock, building material, materials, ores, technology, transportation (such as ships), weapons and ammunition Major Exports: Weapons, common ores, foodstuff, livestock.
You have food, and livestock,being imported and exported, could you elaborate on why? With the ores, which ones specifically get imported and exported? Please provide links for the ores as well from the Wookiepedia.

Subject 73 Red said:
Unexploited Resources: Specialized and exotic fruits, animals, and plants found in the rainforests, specialized and rare scientific equipment in the labs that were used for the genetic experimentation.
With this just remove the scientific equipment, as it's not really a resource. You could mention it later in the sub, like in the Laboratory Ruins location description, however.

Tag me once you're done with these edits, or if you need help with getting links :)

Subject 73 Red

[member="Taozi Fuyuan"]

There! I have added the ores and materials, along with the links. Also, I removed the ores from the exports, because I feel as if the planet hasn't reached the point to where they can use those ores, also, they haven't discovered the ores yet, as they are currently focused on other problems, such as the food one, and pirates, and basically building a successful society in general.

[member="Subject 73 Red"] Awesome! Thanks for working with me on this so quickly too. :D Now, onto your "Population" section. :) Reading it over again, it will be a little bit more work than I thought it would be, but I'm here to help you through it! Most of it is just some missing links, or just a little bit of clarification in a couple of places so good job here!

Subject 73 Red said:
Native Species: Unknown Species (Mysteriously vanished, but are rumored to be hidden in their facilities at the bottom of the ocean)
I will have to ask that you provide a species here, as unfortunately we can't leave them as "Unknown", but you can have it so that the current populace does not know the species. I would suggest the Rakata, as their history fits well with what you've written for the planet, and there are still some settlements of them in the Unknown Regions. It would require some very small changes to the beginning of your history section however, as a custom species for these "Unknown" would require a species sub from you as well, and I don't want to ask you to do more work than you would be willing to. Let me know what species you decide on, and we can work together on the history to make it work if you wish.

Subject 73 Red said:
The Experiments
Can you provide some more information about the experiments? Are they just your standard super soldiers, or something more? If they're more than your standard super soldiers, what can they do?

Subject 73 Red said:
Immigrated Species: Humans, Weequays, Twi'leks, and other humanoid species that could be found on planets such as Coruscant.
Please link Weequays, Twi'leks, and Coruscant

Subject 73 Red said:
There is little to no racism against other species, although there is always some small outbreaks or demonstrations.
When you say "always" is this an every day occurrence? Once a week? A month? Which species is/are the usual victims?

It's a bit of a doozie, so take your time here and tag me whenever you get it done, or if you need some help with anything! :D

[member="Subject 73 Red"] Awesome! Since that's settled, I'll move us into working on the "Government and Economy" section, and once that's done we can tweak your history to fit the Rakata being there just a bit better. No big changes though, so yay! We're in the home stretch! :D

Subject 73 Red said:
Stability: Medium. The planet is striving for peace, though pirates frequently attack smaller settlements, villages, and rarely major cities. Also, the experiments have been bred for combat, so they often fight against the pirates, and accidentally go to extreme measures to stop them. You are fairly safe as an outsider on the planet. The current governor of Cryptamec is an experiment, voted in by the people. Having the experiments currently in power has created a safer environment and with a stronger security task force and military, while keeping the citizens free and able to do what they please, as long as they stay within the laws.
Who are these pirates? What are their plans for the planet? Enslaving the populace? Murder? General destruction?

Subject 73 Red said:
The people are given a large assortment of rights for their freedom.
What sort of rights do citizens get? Just a few here will do, you don't have to list every single right they receive. :)

[member="Subject 73 Red"] Cool beans! Now, let's get started on tweaking the beginning of your history to fit the Rakata being there, shall we? Before I offer any ideas, did you have anything in mind after reading the Wiki page for them?

[member="Subject 73 Red"] That's perfectly fine! Suggestions is what I'm here for :D

Perhaps they were a forgotten colony from the Rakatan Archipelago, as the planet is quite far away from one of the other systems in the Archipelago? It would explain how they were able to become technologically advanced to the point you've implied, but still not the levels of technology they had during their Infinite Empire era. There's enough empty space in their timeline for it to fit, as well.

There are a couple things I want you to add and clarify for me here as well, as the timeline is a little bit fuzzy.

Subject 73 Red said:
600 ABY, a company discovered the planet. They decided to use the planet for their own agenda, to experiment and create genetically modified supersoldiers. And around 620 ABY, the labs were up and running. Soon after, they successfully made the first Experiment.
How long were they making these Experiments? As we're now in 858 ABY, it's been a very long time since the first Experiment. I've also read your character's bio, and it says there that "Red" is the 73rd to be made, he's only 26, and that he took part in the fight against the pirates. Were all experiments made at the same time, or over the past 238 years? As it is, your timeline is a little confusing here. The easiest way to clear this up, would likely be to move the years up, perhaps to 815 ABY to when the company discovered the planet, and perhaps 820 ABY to when the labs were 100% finished? It'd likely take some time to have a successful Experiment, especially if they're all supposed to be Force Sensitive, so I think somewhere around 827 ABY would be a good time frame, taking the age your character "Red" into account. Otherwise a lot of the Experiments would be absolutely ancient as far as mortal age goes

As for what I want you to add, can you explain how they dealt with the Netherworld Crisis in 844 ABY? It was a galaxy-wide event where billions of people disappeared, getting sucked into the Netherworld, which is basically Hell, and most were never seen again.

Once you get these settled, I have one last request that you are more than welcome to take your time with. :)

[member="Subject 73 Red"] Awesome! :D Now, unfortunately before I can stamp my preliminary approval on it, you will need to get that Enforcer sub linked, and a species sub for the Experiments linked as well. However, thankfully you can make that species sub for the Experiments in Pre-Codex, and just pop a link in here then work on it at your leisure later. :) Tag me when you're done with linking both subs, or if you have any questions.

Subject 73 Red

[member="Taozi Fuyuan"]

Alright, I'll get started. It might take a while to get them up. Also, I'm going on a week long vacation very soon, so I won't have a lot of time to work on it. I will work on it when I can, and I will let you know when I am done.

[member="Subject 73 Red"] Take your time hon! What you can do is toss what you have in the pre-codex and pre-factory sections, put the links to them in this sub, and work on them later. :) Or, if you would prefer to post the completed subs together, you can do that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom