Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusaders Lead The Way! - Dominion of Subterrel [Moross]

Kelik Corinthus

K
It seems people are not safe at their own jobs in this galaxy anymore. Recent gossip throughout Exocron tells the tale of the multiple mining operations on the planet Subterrel have been taken over by one criminal mind. And it wasn't through peaceful methods either. The rumors were soon confirmed by Morossian spies that the one man behind it all has created a mind controlling device that has simultaneously taken control of all the miners of the planet's many mines.

Crusaders began to line up by the droves to be shipped off to the planet to save these people, but only a select few could be chosen. An all out assault on the planet would result in too many casualties and possible destruction of the mining operations, which would prove useful to the Crusade. Of the many who rose to the mission, four were selected: Kelik Corinthus, Zoey Marix, Kale Xeros, & Akon Devoda. Considering none of them (to my knowledge) were knowledgeable in the fields of slicing, a mercenary was hired as well, @[member="Preliat Mantis"]. Together, these five strangers would be able to infiltrate the station where the mind control device was emitting it's signal, hopefully without being discovered, and shut it off for good, freeing the miners of Subterrel. With their minds freed and lives saved from endless mining, they would surely embrace the words of Moross.

Aboard a complimentary Nexu-Class Corvette, the Crusader squad flew for Subterrel. "Everyone, keep your helmets on at all costs. If you take them off, the mind control device will seep into your brain's and you will become a slave to it's and it's creator's power. Try to cause as least amount of casualties as you possibly can, as well. We're here to save these peoples' lives, not end them. If they get too riled up, use the stun shots we got. There's plenty of them. Understood?" Kelik called out. The ship began it's descent onto the surface of the planet. Once on the ground, the ramp opened up and the squad's mission would begin.

@[member="Zoey Marix"] | @[member="Kale Xeros"] | @[member="Akon Devoda"] |@[member="Preliat Mantis"] | @[member="Jareth Oldron"]

Preliat reached to his helmet, and took it off boldly, and shrugged. Being an Epicanthix, mind control was literally, none of a concern to him. However, getting shot in the face was. He stared at his reflection in the helmet, before putting it back on and activating the magnetic locks on it. It clicked and hissed, the environmental seals activating. Preliat was hired as both a gunhand and a slicer, something he had picked up from just working around the galaxy for a brief time. It was simpler than it seemed, contrary to popular belief. Cracking his neck, the young Mandalorian slowly rose from his seat, and hooked himself up to the top of the shuttle, as most Mandalorians did. Sitting was a fast-track to get rolled around and die in the event of getting shot down, thanks to your head going to wobble about and your seat may being compromised. Besides, Preliat would rather die standing up.

Preliat was the first one out, almost running out. Unhooking the M45 from his side, he held it at his side quite casually, before turning back to the one who hired him. His T-shaped visor made him look more intimidating than he actually was."And we're expecting any resistance, or minimal, my fellow ver'verd1?"

Basic Translation:
1. Ver'verd, Mandalorian term for mercenaries. Used sarcastically, and for Preliat to establish to the group that he's a Mandalorian.

@Zoey Marix | @Kale Xeros | @Akon Devoda | @Jareth Oldron

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
A few credits here and a few credits there, that was what lead to Jareth's current position on Subterrel. His cause required funding and funding was hard to come by when you sought to bring down a galactic government that most people either liked or did not hate enough to risk being caught supplying a terrorist. There were those, however, who would gladly hire Jareth for his services and not bother to ask what he was going to do with the funding he received in return. A corporationon had contacted Jareth through a middleman and asked that he oversee their less-than-legal operations on the planet in exchange for a incredible forty-thousand credits a month. That kind of money couldn't be passed up and Jareth was not one to look down on the terrible and vile ways people used to control others. In fact, with these damn mind-control spires all over the damn place it took the fun out of being a slaver. Some of the best times Jareth ever had were when he was beating the living hell out of slaves who got out of line, but when they were under the influence of a mind-controlling tower it made that kind of difficult.

Oh well, he was getting paid quite a bit for this and that was what mattered. Plus, the corporation had allowed him to bring all of his own men and gave him a nice supply of droids which he couldn't complain about. As the terror sat in a luxurious office above the mines, a high-pitched whine began to cry out over a loudspeaker near his desk. Jareth quickly shot up straight and hit a button near the speaker, opening up a communication with the orbital monitoring station.

"What the hell is going on?" Jareth growled into the microphone

"Sir, we have an unidentified ship moving to land on the surface. We have checked the registration numbers and they match that of a known Nexu-Class Corvette that has ties to the Moross Crusade." The voice scratched through the speaker at Jareth, who sat back in his chair with a sigh

"So, allies of the Confederacy are converging on this planet? I say that we give them a warm welcome, send squads three, four and six to their landing site...leave no survivors."

Taking ahold of my sword I waited for the use of the Beskad. A blade once forged by mandalorians. Infact one was with us at the current moment. I swung it around experimentally and smiled. Taking nothing for granted, I wore my Exoskeleton Mark II armor. I had inherited it from my father as it was one of the first prototypes that the Sith had before my conversion to the Crusade. The deep blue light on my chest and arms told me that I was ready for battle. And with the battery pack being charged. I was full.

I looked around and with the call of Helmets, I shook my head. As much as I was a badass with pink hair, to hide it was like hiding my symbol of power. Still I wore a Helmet that was given to me. Placing it on, My left arm vibrated as the white silvery shield activated. Echani In nature, My father had bought it from a merchant before I had left. I watched as the Mando just about Ran out Landing down Off in the distance, I could already see people moving everywhere. They knew we were here. Walking forwards, I was probably the Leader of this as my new Knight rank status allowed me to.

"Alright, Make sure the Mando survives and doesn't try anything stupid. We need him for slicing. Span out far enough so they can't hit us with grenades, but stay close enough to help when needed. Break!"

@[member="Preliat Mantis"], @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

Sitting in the ship with the others picked for this mission I couldn't help but be nervous. At first I was excited and volunteered for the mission so I could go about helping the people who were used as nothing but slaves, however now I wasn't to sure. All around me the others had their armor and their weapons while all I had was a set of light durasteel armor that I had bought for the occasion, a GH-44 blaster pistol, and a vibroblade. Yet I didn't let it dismay me, I would get my own one day though I couldn't afford to let it be heavy. My gifts were my strength and speed which heavy armor would do nothing but encumber me.

I hadn't removed the helmet since I had gotten it, strangely it gave a feeling of protection but I was sure one blaster bolt to the head could kill me. The others began to prepare themselves for battle and I could only watch a the Mandalorian was the first one out. I had always heard they loved battle, but never assumed it would be that much to where they'd run off to face it.

Looking over to the women with pink hair I listened to her orders absorbing them. As soon as she said break I was running down the deck surveying my surroundings on the go before taking cover behind a large rock. Even wearing light armor I didn't plan on taking hits with it. Armor couldn't protect me from everything. Keeping my eyes on the mandalorian I was prepared to cover him if danger began to approach.

@[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

'What the hell am I doing?' Akon readied himself in a set of armor given to him by the crusade for the mission. He had no armor or weapons of his own, save for his own skin and mind. Slipping his helmet on and locking it in place, he looked around at the others, wondering just how this whole mission would pan out. There was the Mando, standing proud and mighty, not afraid of anything it seemed. Then there was the woman with pink hair, he was pretty sure she was the one that had recruited him into this crazy organization. She was ready with a strange armor, possibly custom, and her own array of weapons. Who else were there? A few other 'Crusaders' and mercenaries. A perfect mix for a mission like this. It seemed everyone had a weapon but him and one other. He shrugged, not really interested. He was at least confident in his own abilities that he would at some point find a weapon along the way. And if not... Well he just felt sorry for whoever took the first shot at him.

@[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Kale Xeros"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

Kelik Corinthus

K
Once feet were on the ground, Kelik took point towards the nearest worker's settlement. Multiple tents flapped in the wind of the planet's gust. Not a soul was in sight besides the squad. The faint sounds of machinery echoed through the air. In a hushed tone, Kelik called out to the squad. "Remember, no civilian casualties no matter what." Kelik then led them into the camp. He began to search the tents for any sign of the workers or a map of the area.

Kelik then turned for the food bunker to search for something. His search came up good. An entire holomap of the all of the mining facilities and even one of the headquarters where the mind control device was said to be operating. Once the rest regrouped with him he'd begin to point the HQ out on the map. "We're only a few clicks out. We either take the short route, which will probably be heavily guarded, or we take the scenic route through this tunnel here. It's longer but we won't be in the open as much. What's it gonna be?"

@[member="Akon Devoda"] | @[member="Kale Xeros"] | @[member="Zoey Marix"] | @[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Being the Knight of the group, reminding myself this that I was to try and be a leader when necessary, I walked fowards with the others into the camp. Moving open flaps so I could get a clear line of sight with the tip of my beskad. Nobody was in there. Maybe a few tools or broken equipment, I noticed that one of the men out here didn't have weapons. Looking around, I found a metal bar. probably once belonged to a mining shovel, I refitted it with a knife that seemed to fit nicely. Grabbing rope, I tied it all down and walked over to the Convert. @[member="Akon Devoda"] Handing it to him, "Better than nothing, when we get into battle, steal a weapon from someone. Until then, stay near me." With a makeshift weapon, it may not hold in a full out battle, but it would be useful for protection if necessary.

Once the man had taken it, I heard @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] Speak about choosing a way there. With a man unarmed, and only a small group, I thought it would be easier to take the longer route. though, that offered more chance for something else to happen. "Why not both?" A few head down one way, and a few the other. it would let one be distraction, who ever was first, and the second to do most of the work as they would probably get in.

@[member="Kelik Corinthus"] | @[member="Akon Devoda"] | @[member="Kale Xeros"] | @[member="Jareth Oldron"] | @[member="Preliat Mantis"] |

While Preliat was not one for taking orders, he wasn't exactly about to take orders from some puffed up space zealot. He kept his thoughts to himself, thanks to his Epicanthix birth. But, all in all, he was moreso inclined to an opinion. And they hired him to do a job, and they never said how to get it done. The young Mandalorian shouldered his rifle, and went to take the shortcut. He stopped at a corner, taking in a deep breath. He turned towards a dent, and slowly lumbered over to it, rifling through a few things before he found what he wanted- a cheap mining helmet. Picking up a pickaxe, Preliat stepped on the pickaxe until the handle broke, and he had a nice, long stick to play with.

Moving back to the corner before the 'shortcut', Preliat fixed the helmet onto the stick, and leaned it outwards from the corner. A hail of small arms fire was the returning message, and Preliat pulled the head-on-a-stick device back. He sighed, turning towards his religion-obsessed clients. They weren't comrades, they were clients. Not much else."I vote we all take the shortcut. Be a lot less of a chance to get trapped in a tunnel, as tough as the fight will be. Besides, you people look like you could use some actual experience."He said, cracking his neck, and shuffling his feet. Preliat was a tough bastard, and a rowdy one at that. Smashball was a violent, and quick sport, and he had played it rather impressively, being an effective goon when it came to the game.

Though none of them could read his helmet's facial expression, like other Mandos could, he smiled at Zoey, rather mischeviously. Sith or Morossian, or whatever she was, she was actually pretty attractive. He shouldered his rifle, flicking the safety off the hefty M45 rifle. A heavy, loud, and powerful gun. Typical for a Mandalorian to be slinging around, same as the hefty Beskad on his back. The Beskad was a single blade, and he saw the other girls. Interesting how it was a two-sided blade, but he didn't say anything of it. Couldn't really call it a Beskad at that point.
(Smashball, as far as I've read, is like hockey but in Star Wars)
The young Mandalorian threw his crushgaunt adorned hand outward, pointing to the entrenched enemy."Kill them, kill them all!"He said enthusiastically, activating his jetpack and gunning for the enemy encampment.
@Kelik Corinthus | @Akon Devoda | @Kale Xeros | @Jareth Oldron | @[member="Zoey Marix"]

Akon stared at the makeshift weapon for a few seconds, keeping his ears perked up at the conversation. They all had a point, but he thought it would be better if they all stick together. Like the mercenary said, less casualties. Then he spoke about killing everyone. As much as he wouldn't mind, he had to stop himself, and th Mandalorian. "I agree with the Mando", he said in a muffled voice through his helmet. Turning to face the junk of Mandalorian iron, he gave him a death stare. "But no killing. Our orders are to have as little deaths as possible on this mission. Kill anyone without reason, and I will make sure to end your life. Am I clear?" It was the first time he had ever shown authority, but he would do what he could to ensure mission success.

@[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] @[member="Kale Xeros"]

Preliat was tempted to throw off his gauntlets and give the kid a typical Smashball beatdown, but he resisted the temptation, and turned to him right as his jetpack activated, and he gently lowered it. He got into his face, turning his head."How about I bash your helmet in so much that it gets stuck there, would you like that, you skinny little weasel?" He said, sneering behind his helmet. He put a finger right in the visor of the kid's helmets, clearly not in the mood for some punk telling him what to do. Infact, he only had one job to do, the rest of the objectives weren't really a concern of his. Unless of course, his pay was increased.

@Kelik Corinthus | @Akon Devoda | @Kale Xeros | @Jareth Oldron | @Zoey Marix

I followed the rest into the camp weary of any attack or ambush. Maybe the mission we were on was just making me jumpy. Seeing the rest of the group gathered around the holomap I joined looking down on it. "If we're actually going to do this wouldn't it be best to take the short-cut? If our enemies are smart they'll probably be expecting for us to take the tunnel. Though if he isn't he'll be expecting us to take the short-cut. This could end in a multitude of ways. Maybe I'm just over thinking it though." I said shrugging my shoulders before I caught the tail end of what I perceived could be the jump off to a fight. At first I wanted to just let the two sort it out, but with the mandalorian giving into his anger a bit I decided to step in. "Hey there will be no infighting, we are here to accomplish a mission. We don't need anyone looking over their own shoulder out of fear that someone we're supposed to be allied with will strike us down." I said stepping between both men and aiming it at both of them. I wasn't the leader but I wasn't about to let two people drag the whole mission down.

@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Akon Devoda"] @[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

With the Mando acting as though no one had even given commands, I shook my head. Clearly the man didn't care that he was being payed for this. I could feel eyes on me and looking at him, I could see him looking at me. He then started a quarrel with Akon that I had told to stay close. Moving between the two by moving the finger from the helm I looked at the Mando as Kale told him to stop fighting. "Start a fight and I will end it." Giving him a clearly pissed look, I stayed between the two. "We paid you to be here and help us, not fight our own. Start anything without an order and I will end your payment, or your life."

I had no feelings towards the man. With all of the stories of Mandos being asshats, I could care less about this mans agenda. We had our own first.

@[member="Kale Xeros"], @[member="Preliat Mantis"], @[member="Akon Devoda"], @[member="Kelik Corinthus"],

Kelik Corinthus

K
Kelik gritted his teeth at the current altercation. Leave it to a punk, knuckle dragging mandalorian to start trouble. "Enough of this! Preliat if you think you know what you're doing then by all means go right ahead guns blazing without a plan just as your dying breed do. While you're getting peppered with holes, we'll be coming up with an actual plan." Kelik barked out. "This is my mission. I give out the orders here. You want to move without the order to do so, I hope you like a blank paycheck."

Kelik turned back to look at Zoey then the map. "We cannot possibly split up. There is far too few of us. I say we take the short route and try our best to move forward and stay behind cover as much as possible. If we encounter resistance, fire from cover." Kelik stated. He scanned the map for more routes but nothing led them to the headquarters. "Now, let's get moving, hm?"

Preliat stared for a long time at Kelik, before reaching up to his helmet. Peeling it off, he let his buy'ce hang at his side, and took a deep breath. He looked up at the sky, and then stared at him for a long time. He tilted his head, blinking several times. He had no care for their agenda anymore, infact, the paycheck, no matter how large, seemed to be getting quite and quite smaller with each passing word from the Moross obsessed fanatical zealots around him."I distinctly remember being paid to slice, not to follow orders from you, Kelik. You may think you can avoid the casualties, but I guarantee you that you're walking into a trap with all the civilians tied to a big-fat-bomb...or lined up. And those assholes that are shooting at us, I can guarantee you that they're probably not the civs. No, they wouldn't give them guns I bet...no, these are goons or droids. So I vote we blast away, and if they are civilians, we can all sleep well at night knowing that it was for the greater good. Now, if you're going to continue to pester me, I may just take my happy ass to the sky and do it my way."It was quite obvious how Preliat felt about the Moross campaign and beliefs, and saw through them like a thin sheet of wax paper.

"So let's go spread freedom, and whatever your whacko message is, and I can get my paycheck and we won't have to see each other until you need me again. Deal?"Preliat said, placing his helmet back on his head. Being an Epicanthix, definitely had it's distinct advantages. Preliat walked over to the corner, and waited for them to follow through."If we want to get really tactical, I can jump someone up, someone small and light, up above their position. Jetpack can't really handle much more than a few meters upwards with the added weight, but me and some other person can go flank these trigger-happy assholes.."He thumbed, rather lazily, the safety on his M45.

@Kelik Corinthus | @Akon Devoda | @Kale Xeros | @Jareth Oldron | @Zoey Marix

"I'll go." Akon looked at the whole group, his hands open. "I don't exactly like it, but he's right. Here's what I say we do. The Mando and I go behind the lines, scope it out and possibly deal with whatever gunmen they have. Kelik: You and Kale take the shortcut and try to cut them off, while Zoey goes the normal path to draw their fire. I assume you can handle that?" Turning to the mercenary, he nodded. "He's our best chance at a tactical advantage. He's got the toys, and the know-how. Lets do this."

@[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] @[member="Kale Xeros"]

I nodded my head and shrugged my shoulders at the plans that were given out. Still discussing what was to be done. I looked towards the short cut, and as I did, on cue, three men popped out. Each carrying a weapon. Using the force before any of them could attack, I pulled on one to the side, knocking all three over. Then dragged them towards us quickly across the ground. "Make your plans fast buggers. They know we are here."

@[member="Akon Devoda"], @[member="Preliat Mantis"], @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

Kelik Corinthus

K
Kelik put his palm up to his face as Preliat removed his helmet from the head, thus allowing the mind control device to take control of him, turning him into nothing but a mining slave, forced to work the mines until either death, or the mission was complete. "Fething idiot. Alright, new plan. I have some slicing skills so I can hack the device when we get to it. I'll need more time than this knuckle dragger here but I can get it done. Zoey, Akon, and Kale. We gonna have to take the short route up the middle. Remember to fire from cover and keep your heads down. And for feths sake keep your helmets on! Did not think I would have to repeat it but apparently so. Ready to move?"

Kelik hustled out of the tent and ducked behind the first set of cover on the short route. The hired thugs began to fire on his position, raining blaster on his cover. After a quick peek around the corner, Kelik could get a hint as to where his targets were. He poked his gun around the corner and began firing off his rifle back at them. "Move! I got your cover! MOVE!" Kelik yelled out to his allies.

I shook my head as he told me to fire from cover. Apparently he forgot that I was a force user with a shield, and a blade that could stop blaster fire, sithspawn, and many more. Walking forwards. I activated my shield letting the white glow show exactly where I was. Drawing their fire towards me. I held my shield infront of me. Charging forwards into the battle.

I threw my sword about 20 feet for it to slam the throat of a man, not killing him. And the closest man to me I slammed my fist into his face then with a sweep of my legs. sent him on the ground. Calling back my sword I slammed the pommel down on a man's helm. "Come on hurry up!"
@[member="Kelik Corinthus"], @[member="Akon Devoda"], @[member="Kale Xeros"]

Akon looked between the others while Kelik decided once and for all what they would do. Shrugging, he also disregarded the man's order and took point behind Zoey. He followed Erebos, and wasn't about to be called a coward by going behind some unnessesary cover. Pulling up his makeshift weapon, he flipped it around so that the knife was facing backwards.

@[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] @[member="Kale Xeros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom