Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruelty is a Desirable Trait

A man stood alone.

He wore nothing, save for a decorative loincloth that was girded around his waist and loins. His muscular caucasian body was anointed with oil and dusted with pulverized bone and chalk. In his right hand, he held a sword fashioned from smoothed obsidian, its surface emblazoned with golden runes and emblems native to his jungle culture. Long black hair was pulled back into an intricate braid and inlaid with precious gemstones and golden bangles, keeping his face clear of obtrusion and distraction.

In front of him stood eight Akguza Guards, robotic guards produced by the Sith Empire to protect high-ranking members of their government, military, and Sith Order. They had been reprogrammed to view the man before them as an enemy, and at the flip of a master switch they all activated and assumed a combat stance as electrostaves whirled through the air, crackling with power.

Spinning his obsidian sword the man charged into the cluster of droids, unafraid of their imposing appearance or the form of weapon they had been given. He moved with Force-enhanced speed, quicker than their photoreceptors could track, and bisected two of them in half with a vicious swipe of his own weapon. Their destruction compelled the others into a flurry of activity, several of them backing off with quick flourished of their electrostaves as the nearest two moved in for a coordinated simultaneously assault. The man caught bought of their crackling weapons with his sword, angling the lethal energies away from his body as he swept his unarmored leg underneath both droids, sending them tumbling to the ground as their gyroscopic systems lost equilibrium.

Capitalizing on their momentary loss of coordination the man slammed his sword into the chest chassis of one while he tore open the other with his bare hand, reaching in and yanking out a good portion of their internal circuitry in a spray of oil and hydraulic fluids. Now he used their disabled bodies as weapons, flinging one into another standing droid with such force that the wall behind them cracked as they impacted it, the once active droid combusting into scrap. The remaining three mounted a counter-attack from all directions, seeking to split his focus and find an opening.

The man flung his sword into the body of one of the approach droids, temporarily disarming himself as he side-rolled into close proximity with the next one. Willing the Force into each of his fists, the man delivered a series of punches and jabs that dented and shattered the droid's duranium armor plating and critically damaged the internal servos and other systems. He then gripped the droid by the chest and the groin, and in one brutal motion tore the entire humanoid robot in half right at the waist. The final droid came in electrostaff swinging, only to have it caught and blocked by the man using the corpse of the previous droid as shields.

He protected himself in this manner for several seconds, before ultimately slamming the droid with the repurposed torso and sending him flying into the far wall. Destruction came shortly after as the man retrieved his sword with the force, and quickly moved in to dismember the droid with five quick strikes to the head module and individual limbs.

Slick with sweat, but not even close to being winded, the man tossed aside his weapon and looked up towards the transparisteel viewing platform situated above the training room. "Bring her down," commanded the Emperor of the Sith, his smoldering eyes burning intensely as he stared at the younger girl who had been watching his performance.

He wanted to take stock of his newest apprentice.

[member="Valeska Daeranthe"]

"Touch me, and I will not hesitate to splatter you across these walls."

The first words to be released from her mouth during this whole demonstration, of course they were of violence. Valeska Daeranthe had waited for this moment for a lifetime, a chance to meet the Emperor, a chance to prove herself, however, she wished it could have been casual, perhaps not her having been dragged from her ship by ten men. The purpose of this was little known to her at the moment, though being shoved toward a training room and just having been shown the brutal destruction of several droids, the reasons were limited. Either she would meet her fate here, or, she was to finally prove herself.

The door above opened before her with a simple push of the force, and heeled shoes started clanking down metal steps. Making her way down slowly, black eyes peered into the depths of the smoldering eyes set on her, and her disguise unfolded and dematerialized. No longer was the formal uptight human, now only a short Zabrak with similar burning eyes and a sharp set of horns to match. Her expression shifted from a polite neutral, to a deep rested anger as everything melded away, and all that was left was the heartless look of a cruel killer.

"I could have gone for a more polite invitation, though I'm sure that falls on deaf ears. What a pleasure it is to finally meet you in person."

The girl knew very well Carnifex knew everything about her, her history, her former master, the innate talent she possessed and surely all the lives she took up until this point. She had no wild cards here, though he had little as well. She knew the tricks, the skills they all hid, things that would one day be her own, the desire in her mind was quite evident.

Rested on her side was a broad assortment of arms, her dual bladed saber, knifes, contracting sword, a blaster, and who knows what else was behind her on the other sides of her belt, she was clearly prepared to fight an entire army. Paranoia or preparedness, there was little difference in this matter.

"I should hope you have more plans than to kill me for some indiscriminate reason?"

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

Hooded servitors cleaned away the mechanical refuse that the Emperor had left behind, streaks of oil and bits of broken metal left behind as the bodies were dragged away into an adjacent antechamber. Those would soon be removed from the field, and Carnifex used that time to meet his newest protege.

"Killing you would be a simple task, but it would also be a great disservice to the Empire."

The Emperor spoke with an immense cruelty born of his eternal rage, he made it clear from the beginning how little he valued the life of others. In his mind, the beings of the galaxy either fell into three categories. Those who ruled, those who were ruled, and those who were dead. The Sith naturally occupied the first category, as it was their manifest destiny to control all of the galaxies and rule them through the Dark Side of the Force, eliminating all opposition to fuel their dark utopia. The citizens of the Empire and those of the Imperial Military fell into the second category, and while there were many who were skilled and vastly superior to others of their kind, they ultimately lived to serve the Sith.

And then there were those who were dead, those who challenged the Sith and lost and those who would eventually challenge the Sith and lose. The Jedi belonged to this category, they just didn't realize it yet.

"I have watched you for quite some time, Valeska. You embody the ideals of our Order, and your potential, properly cultivated, would be a great boon to the Empire. I have summoned you here to evaluate what you have learned, and what you still have left to learn." He towered over the smaller Zabrak by two full feet, and his head craned down to look at her with scrutinizing intensity. "Neophyte, recite to me the Code of the Sith in its entirety."

Child's play. He truly just requested the knight to recite the Code of the Sith? A scripture that was drilled into her skull since she was only four. A code she recited in her own mind as thousands died by her hands.

Without a moment of pause, the girl began to quote the code through telepathy, her thoughts of each line slipping behind the words though not clouding them or drowning them out, almost more as a hushed whisper.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Peace is a lie, because passion of those stronger than others will always create tension, tension creates conflict, and conflict is how the strong rise to the top. Those who seek peace are simply too weak to take what is theirs, to use their desire and passion to do so.

Through passion, I gain strength.

The Jedi are weak, because they refuse to use passion. Locking away emotions, rage, cages ones true potential. Using anger and passion against others gives a being the true power to succeed, those who do something simply for a cause, simply because they are told, have no drive behind the goals set before them. A being must make its own goals, and they must do what they desire, not fulfill the desires of another. Passion, is what places the Sith at the top of the chain of power, and what separates man from animal.

Through strength, I gain power.

With the strength to crush those beneath us, we gain power over those who would fear to challenge. Even those that challenge, there is little they could do in the way of our strength. Opposition means destruction. Causing destruction of opposition means power. With inner strength as well, knowledge is present, and knowledge is important in maintaining power in ever changing laws of nature and culture.

Through power, I gain victory.

Passion, strength, power, all of these are used to attain victory and fall hand in hand. Passion allows desire to bloom, with the desire I gain strength to accomplish these goals, with this strength I take power, and with the power I take, I shall reap the rewards of victory over those who are weak. While it is not the victory itself that is desired, it is the proving of worth, power, superiority over others. Without taking victory through force and pure power of will, it is useless, as victory alone means nothing. Holding position in the chain of power is an eternal struggle, and to keep it one must continue to attain victory over the week through force.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Through victory, I prove my supremacy, I prove my worth. Without the limitations of weakness, I am free, no longer held back by the inability to take what I wish. I am free of the limitations of the universe, what binds me to being a weak. With the freedom presented by victory I can strive for perfection without boundary.

The Force shall free me.

Through my knowledge in the force, my mastery, and all I know, I can become free of any restriction, and I can achieve perfection.

As soon as she finished, she would look Carnifex right in the eyes. "I was raised into the Sith, these are things that are second nature."

"Indeed, I would have been disappointed if you hadn't learned it by heart. You would be surprised how little emphasis the freshly initiated put on learning the creed of our Order, I find it particularly shameful."

Back when the Emperor was but an acolyte, he had rigorously committed himself to learning every aspect of the Sith philosophy at the foot of his Sith master. He had been a quick study and had rapidly bypassed his own master in strength, skill, and knowledge. Yet he did not think himself finished with his training and found that even as Dark Lord of the Sith he still had much to learn from the Force. Its mysteries were so complex that it had left him dumbfounded on more than one occasion, though intimate tutoring sessions with [member="Darth Saarai"] and [member="Darth Ophidia"] had broadened his knowledge considerably.

"But tell me, apprentice. You know our creed by heart, but what do you know of our enemy's code? That of the Jedi? To defeat an enemy you must know them, but not just their battle tactics. You must study their history, their philosophy, for they are the key to better understanding that which you dedicate your life to eradicating. Through the analysis of their creed, you can pinpoint the weakness of their beliefs and then turn those weaknesses to serve your own will. It will give you insight into how to destroy them utterly."

It was partly how the Emperor was able to aid in engineering the destruction of the Galactic Alliance, by preying on their own shortcomings and manipulating their faults to serve the cause of the Sith. In the end, he and [member="Taeli Raaf"] turned the Alliance upon itself, leaving them weak and susceptible to a coordinated multi-front assault by the Sith Empire.

"So, then recite to me what you know of the Jedi Code."

Know your enemy, and know them well. For defeating an enemy you must know everything they know and more.

Valeska has spent years studying all she could of the force and the beings in this galaxy, one thing she had come across more than once was the code of the Jedi, a pathetic code, yet a code nonetheless. The children that followed this code were twisted in her own eyes, hide you passions, your dreams, none of them matter because you are meant to serve. Her own eye twitched for but a moment, but she would do as she was asked.

In the same way she recited the Sith Code, she would do for the Jedi, though these thoughts, they were full of hate and venom.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Do not show emotion, for they will corrupt you, turn you to the dark side and destroy the peace. So long as you control your anger and rage, you will keep the peace. - Controlling emotion and restraining it is what makes them weak, they may care for a cause, but they care nothing for it on a deeper level. They simply follow because that is how they were raised. There is no peace, as they are weak, and will always be hunted.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no such thing as ignorance, only how knowledgeable one can be. - There is such a thing, as none of them seek to consider our ways, theirs is simply futile and inefficient, constraining and pointless. They choose not to know of our ways, while we know all of theirs. They are ignorant fools with select knowledge, something that will quickly be destroyed.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no room for passion, serenity is key, show anger, rage, and it will be your destruction. It will corrupt you, turn you to the dark side. - A foolish thing as well, passion gives us strength, serenity will bring nothing but silence and suffering, without passion there cannot be strength, without strength there cannot be power, and without power, there is no victory, they cannot destroy us.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

Chaos is a lie, everything runs in harmony - Do they just ignore our existence? It's actually somewhat infuriating they feed these people lies. At least the people under our care know there is war, they are not brainwashed to believe the war is sunshine and rainbows. They are told the truth. Follow us, and you will remain protected and alive.

There is no death, there is the Force.

There is no death - We are all connected to the force, though what is after death, because it is inevitable for most. I intend to live forever, though none of these Jedi ever will if I can help it.

"I know it well, for knowing the thoughts of your enemy, their moves, their beliefs, it is the key to their destruction. I intend to take part in irradiating the Jedi filth from the galaxy, so I will learn everything necessary to do so."

Her words still filled with hate, she looked to the servants as they hauled off the last of the scrap. A few parts here and there shimmered or sparked with electricity, however they were beyond repair. It would be quite entertaining to watch him do this to actual opponents, not just droids.

"You speak with passion, good. Your desire to see the enemy of our Order brought low brings a smile to my lips." Though even as he said those words, a smile never sought it fit to grace his expression. His mask of neutrality was resolute save for the burning ferocity that shone in each of his eyes, the one true indicator of his true sinister and violent nature.

He took several steps towards her, each one a resonating boom, boom, boom of his bare feet against the stained reinforced floor. "You have done well with your rudimentary education of the two creeds that dictate the fate of the universe, apprentice. Knowledge and information is the currency by which all others are built upon, and soon you will come to know many things by my hand... But that will be at a later date. I have tested your strength of words, now let me test your strength of steel."

Unbidden would be the arrival of three more hooded servants, each of them carrying an immaculate cloth concealing a weapon of lethal intent. The first was a sword, as sharp and fierce as the alien race that had conceived its design and carried out its construction. The second was a dagger, smaller in stature but possessing a blade so finely honed that the air around it seemed to split near its point. The third was a spiked mace, bloodied by gladiatorial combat and adorned with a skull pommel.

The Emperor held no weapon, his powerful arms crossed over his equally powerful chest as he awaited her decision. "Pick your weapon, and show me what power you command."

With the arrival of the three, Valeska looked over the choices, then to Carnifex. She had taken on others his size before, even challenged one of those lion creatures and beat it into submission. Surely she wouldn't win this fight if he went all out, however, she could put up a good fight.

"I choose no weapon. For it is not a test if we are not set equal." Stepping one step closer to him, she removed her robe and belt, handing it to the nearest servant. Her muscular torso revealed as she only wore a wrapping around her chest, and medium length pants.

In the girls eyes could be seen a burning determination, the memories of past fights playing through her head, moves and strategies quickly being pulled into line as she prepared for the fight to begin. As she set her plans, she compared them to the fighting she witnessed moments before, the cruelty and utter brutality of his blows.

Preparing herself for this same beating, the force could be felt almost bleeding from her, the pure power she suddenly commanded to her own being, raising her fists up, she stared him dead in the eyes.

"When you're ready."

"An interesting choice."

He had intended for his new apprentice to fight him to see if she could draw first blood, but perhaps a lesson could still be gleaned from fighting hand-to-hand. The Emperor, before he had risen to such a position, had been nothing more than a lowly thug when he had left his childhood home to seek his own destiny. He distinctly remembered those days, as vividly as his perception of the present, and couldn't help but inwardly cringe at how much of his youth had been wasted on such frivolous larceny and bloodsport.

He had been fortunate that his childhood had been filled with intense study of not only various fields of knowledge such as mathematics, history, philosophy, and science but also the unarmed combat discipline of Teräs Käsi. Carnifex thought himself a master back then, but he had only been a novice.

Now he was a true master.

"I will make this first round simple. Try to hit me." He slowly took up a defensive combat stand, his feet equally spread apart as the Force flowed freely through every fiber of his being.

Knowing this would likely be the only chance she had to make contact, Valeska went all out in the blink of an eye.

Before he could even finish getting into his stance, the young Zabrak launched into action, in a blur of movement, Valeska attempted to slam several powerful blows into the chest of Carnifex. And while they may not have been the worst strikes he could have ever received, they were close.

In her mind the girl thought over all the years she was forced to train, day in and day out. Being native of Iridonia, the Zabrak children were taught from such a young age in hand to hand combat, and apparently it would finally pay off. Seeing before her all the faces of those she defeated in this time, the determination could be seen in her eyes.

Seeing her teachers fall before her, taking the title for a short time of the best fighter in her colony, all of it faded as her mind shifted to solely follow the task at hand.

Prove your worth, and make them all see you are one to be feared.

The girl surged forth, eager and willing to prove herself to the Sith Emperor.

Effortlessly the towering Epicanthix warrior side-stepped Valeska, his movements far too quick and far too fluid to be attributed to someone of his immense stature. But that was where he gained the edge on his enemies, they thought that because he was a staggering mountain of a man that he was slow, clumsy.

Oafish.

That was not the case, his reflexes were not only honed by the intimate connection to the Dark Side of the Force but also decades of rigorous training in honing every aspect of his body to its peak efficiency. His natural swiftness had been nurtured to such a degree that he could deflect torrents of rain with his lightsaber, not letting even a single drop touch his skin in the process. He now used that speed to get behind Valeska to deliver a powerful sweeping kick aimed right at the middle of her back, with enough force put behind it to send her flying if it connected.

After that he would patiently wait, arms crossed over his chest, for his apprentice to make the next move.

Slammed in the back, the girl stumbled a few feet forward and paused, that was entirely unexpected. Turning around to view him once more, she considered now everything that should have been considered before, most importantly, size did not matter in this encounter, because the force was aiding both of them.

Taking a few casual steps forward, the girl observed all the hints of movement she could find. The way he leaned, how his feet were positioned, staring at his eyes, and then she tried once more.

Launching to one side, Valeska feinted an attack with a supposedly powerful blow, but extremely quickly flipped around to where the Emperor had shifted once more, trying to land another blow, no longer focusing on power, all of her ability going into the speed.

Her only task was to hit him, and even a poke would do.

Again she came at him, and again the Emperor was ready.

The Force was his ally and through it, he was capable of many incredible feats. Her movement was telegraphed by the slightest adjustments in her physical self, things that a veteran of a thousand battlefields like the Emperor could pick up on to predict her next actions. He at first seemed to willingly play into her feint, moving as she anticipated he would right into her true attempt to land a decisive blow on his body.

His hand shot out, fast as a viper's bite, and latched around Valeska's wrist, stopping her attack right in its tracks. He tightened his grip only slightly, not enough to shatter the bone but enough to appear unbreakable.

Then he yanked her around to his side and chucked her at the wall.

Before she even had a moment to think, the girl went barreling into the wall, back first. In the time she was being tossed, she managed to grab onto his hand, and her own hand still weakly clenched by the mountain of a man before her. Upon impact the building almost trembled slightly, some of the tile shattered and flew about, a snap was heard, and it was enough to draw all the attention to them from the observation room above.

Shaking and now in incredible pain she was handling surprisingly well, Valeska barely managed to keep her grip, she managed to touch him as instructed, and she wasn't going to let that go unnoticed. What she herself kept unnoticed however was the broken left arm at her side, not even stealing a glance at it as the blood dripped from the open wound left from the exposed bone snapping midway through her forearm.

Biting down on her lip with her sharpened teeth, she distracted herself, clearly drawing blood there as well.

"What's next."

"You call that a hit, I didn't even feel it. Try harder."

The Emperor wound his arm back again and flung the smaller apprentice across the chamber until she hit the ground and rolled across the floor. It was true that the Emperor would not have felt whatever meager blow Valeska thought counted as an acceptable hit. However, unknown to Valeska the Emperor had since lost all of his tactile sense many years ago, the unfortunate side-effects of dabbling too deep into the wicked magic connected to the Netherworld of the Force.

"I told you to hit me, apprentice. I want to feel your power, you won't rest until I am satisfied."

It was a test designed to be unbeatable, a crucible in which Valeska would be broken; her pride shattered and whatever misconception she had about her own strength torn to ribbons. Only from such malleable clay could an apprentice worthy of the Sith Emperor be made. The finest sculptor cannot fashion a masterpiece from poor materials. He must have something pure, something strong, something unbreakable, with which to work.

And this one had the stain of former teachings.

They would be wiped away.

Dragging across the floor for quite a few feet after she was tossed, claws weakly dug into the stone before her before going limp for a moment, almost as if she was dead.

Get up weakling, I taught you better.

It would take a second for Valeska to regain her bearings, the pain from her arm starting to flood her senses as adrenaline began to wear off. With only one arm left and focused on herself, and with the sole power of the force lifted herself to her feet. Burning eyes struggled to focus on the mountain before her, and she was seeing double. This wasn't going to end well at all. Likely worse off than the first time she almost hugged death himself.

The small woman shook slightly and fought even herself fiercely to stay standing, her mind begging her to stop. Another part of her, the opposite.

If you stop now I'll kill you myself runt.

It was rather pathetic, the attempt now seen, she had never been so thoroughly beat, so broken physically. Yet her will was persistent, a little Zabrak heart shinning through.

With a blink, she was right in front of him once more, trying to send a punch with her one good arm left.

Her broken body hindered her movements, making it all too easy to see where she was coming and how.

Carnifex deftly battered aside Valeska's attack, gripping her arm again by the forearm and swinging her up and over his head and back down onto the ground with tremendous force. The Emperor then braced his foot against her battered and bruised side and twisted her arm to the point that the bone within shattered and broke with a grotesque snap. He then relinquished his hold over her, letting her wallow in her own agony and suffering.

"Take this lesson to heart, apprentice. You are weak, but I will make you strong... in time."

Carnifex then knelt down and delivered a swift punched straight to Valeska's cranium, strong enough to knock her out in one swift motion. He rose and gestured for his servants, who entered the training room and began to load Valeska onto a stretcher. "Take her to the Doctors, give them my express order to repair my new apprentice."

[member="Valeska Daeranthe"] | [member="Dr. Vain Jar'He"]

Irajah Ven

Doctor Doctor, Gimme the News
"Again?!"

The incredulous voice, distorted by the mask, was about as annoyed as those who usually worked with Vain were accustomed to.

"Man needs to be more careful with his toys," came the grumble as the figure moved about the medical bay.

Short and slight, the figure was not particularly imposing. Dressed in heavy robes that made it difficult to tell gender, let alone species, the beaked mask and vocoder did nothing to help that. In truth, Vain was perfectly content leaving people guessing and confused.

The Zambranos treated her well. She wouldn't exist with out them, and honestly Vain enjoyed existing. She liked her work, she liked her sister/clone (mostly).

She liked caf.

Caf made life worth living even if everything else were to suddenly fall into the Maw.

Hmm, actually, everything else falling into the Maw would be perfectly acceptable to her.

"Get her hooked up to a drip," the figure said to the assistants hovering, waving a gloved had dismissively as she wandered over to the caf machine. She didn't spare a look for the patient. Vain's bedside manner was terrible. "Do a scan, see what's wrong."

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Valeska Daeranthe"]

Where... am I.

The girls mind flicked anxiously as she failed to wake herself from whatever state she was currently in, the first thought that came to her own mind was - Am I dead.

In reality, she was resting on a table in the infirmary, strapped down and hooked into several machines surrounding the crippled excuse for a mess she was, however, this she was unaware of.

Flashing between a few memories Valeska feared for a moment what was to come next, until it stopped on a scene, one she was enveloped in directly.

--

"I SAID FIGHT RUNT!" She took a kick directly to the chest, a small child fleeing and stumbling back and gasping for air. This was the day of her proving, not even hours after her first horn began to sprout from her skull.

The opposition before her was her much larger cousin, the task given was the bring him an inch from death. While he stood a near two feet taller, Valeska stared up at him with purple eyes and a slightly fearful look.

"If you don't, then I will." This was followed by a kick to side, the child breathing in so heavily and collapsing over, dragging herself out of reach.

This was the last time she was so thoroughly beaten destroyed and left scrambling to fix herself. However, this was also the first time she earned her title. Looking up at the towering figure, a hand was raised to the side, calling a dagger to her hand, shock flooding her senses, the first time she ever managed to actually use her connection.

Though this was all halted by a kick to the head.

She failed her first proving.

--

Launching up and taking a deep breath, Valeska looked to her surroundings for the first time in... hours?... Hopefully, it was hours. Thankfully now at least, wherever she was, she wasn't getting the snot beaten out of her, and she was warm. Around her was med bay she was dragged into after having her butt handed to her in a fight she was so sure she could at least tie.

Across her lap rested a blanket, not very much, but enough the stave off the chill of the cold metallic room. Looking down, she noticed the bandaging all the way up her arms and around her chest. That is when the disappointment kicked in.

"Your Eminence, she's awake."

A chirp of approval preceded the thick metal door receded into the threshold's partition, allowing the Emperor to enter alongside two of his masked Royal Guards. Carnifex had donned clothing since last the young Valeska had seen him, a tunic of the most exquisite silk clung tightly against his muscular torso while a cloak of fine crimson hung from his muscular shoulders, clasped by magnetic brooches. At his side hung a pair of curved lightsabers, weapons that Valeska had not yet seen attributed to her new master; as he had fought her with something far more primitive.

"I am pleased to see that you have recovered, apprentice. My Doctors often chastise me for my methods, they think that one day I'll send them someone too broken to fix. They underestimate their own abilities, naturally."

He stood a meter from her bed, his fiery gaze bearing down on her with the same level of intense scrutiny she had suffered during their initial training bout. True to his word, the Emperor had broken her utterly, snapped both of her arms and left her concussed and bruised in more than two dozen locations. And, true to his word, she had been fully restored thanks to the tireless efforts of his doctors and the advanced medicine at his Empire's disposal.

"Try and stand, apprentice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom