Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crown of Sorrow | CIS Invasion of UCM-held Tanaab

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
Wardens.png
Tag: [member="Orn Pharr"] | [member="John Locke"]​
Allies: Confederacy + Silvers + Wounded​
UCM Tags: [member="Mig Gred"] | [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] | [member="Adenn Kyramud"]​
header7.png

<There isn’t time…>

She knew that Master Pharr worried for her well-being. Gianna felt sorry for that. She couldn’t abide his request. There was nothing in her that allowed a spare moment for self-concern when the entirety of her training revolved around self-sacrifice. She couldn’t bare to let these people suffer when she had the ability to change it. It didn’t matter that they were Mandalorian or that they were technically considered enemy combatants. They were people. With families. With mothers, fathers, and children. With hopes and dreams. This situation was impossible—But it was as it would be.

This war was an inevitability. People could only stand to be pushed so hard before they pushed back. When the invisible rubber-band broke, often, it was game, set, and match. Gianna knew that she had no say in what any of the nations involved decided to do. So, she did what she could.

Life was fleeting. As carefully and quickly as she moved there were still soldiers dying of wounds that were too grievous before she could even get to them. She could feel the displacement of energy. Slow, but steady. It was mind-numbing. Grief was starting to press inward, along with unavoidable fear, and pain. Gianna did her best to block it all out—But it was difficult. At least she had Typhon to aid her from time to time. “All right…We’re good here.”, she breathed out, a little light headed, but otherwise trudging along.

The young woman paused in mid-step when she felt something shift. It felt as if the entire ward had fallen still, silent, and yet the weight of a decision pierced her heart. It couldn’t have been any louder if someone had thrown a glass at the floor or if thunder had rolled overhead. It was deafening. She turned and pale-jade eyes were drawn back to [member="Orn Pharr"]. The light…It was so warm. Her heart wanted to accept it tenfold but her mind had begun to ring with alarm. “Master Pharr…”

At first, she didn’t understand.

In her minds eye she could see all of the patients in the room light up like stars in the dark. One by one they winked into existence, wove together, and formed a pattern of healing light. The Force moved and Gianna felt tears sting her eyes while her breath caught. Her heart gave a painful thud. It was beautiful. It was the closest to heaven that it could get while still remaining rooted in reality. More than anything…More than anything…It was deadly.

The Master Jedi spoke her name and she darted across the room as quickly as her legs could take her. Guards followed, likely, surprised at her swiftness. She didn’t think. She just moved until she was standing before the Master Jedi. He was bright. So bright, it was hard to see. “You have to stop. Please. If you don’t, you’ll—”

He would die.

Gianna could feel Orn reach down deep into Tanaab and swallowed an indignant cry. This was not an eventuality. It was a certainty. He would die. He would die for her. He would die for them. He would willingly, knowingly, give his life to protect them all. How could she fight against that? How could she try to stop him from doing what she had been willing to? Her head bowed. Quiet. Anything else would have been disrespectful. Her reaction was pure as fallen slow. Tears. She didn’t want the fading Neti to see them because he would already feel her sadness through their shared connection. He would feel everything. A mix of gratefulness and guilt.

He was doing this because she wouldn’t slow down. Master Pharr had surrendered himself to the Living Force and there was no undoing it. Already, patients were healing, and the medical staff would be shocked to find that they were all stabilizing. Even those they suspected might not last through the hour. This was the gift of a life. Life…Life begot life.

Gianna had barely known him, and yet, this broke her heart.

“I’ll look to the light.”, she swore, barely audible, but knowing it was better than any form of thanks. As overwhelmingly sad as this was…It was never the desire of a Jedi to leave the living suffering. He would want her to live. To use his gift, his sacrifice, wisely. “I promise.”

<I promise.>

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
tanaab_fighting_for_home_and_family.png

[SIZE=9pt]Location: The Capital[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Allies: UCM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Enemies: CIS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Tags: [/SIZE] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Tamar Fitz Kierke"] [member="Voph"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] [member="Corran Conner"] [member="Krest"] [member="Livia Maddox"] [member="Gerhard Manndorf"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Xobos Yakieer"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] [member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Gianna Aegis"] [member="Orn Pharr"]
[SIZE=9pt]Gear and Forces: Bio +[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Mando'ad'jetii[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Basilisk[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Enigma[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Gred Fleet[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], a [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]V1 astromech[/SIZE]

Mig's eyes widened as he quickly flipped back from the blades. How the heck was he supposed to fight a guy with three lightsabers and no hands holding them? He didn't know what to do, but he was going to face this Sith! Mig quickly Force Pushed [member="Daxton Bane"], his emotions surprisingly in control.

"Don't talk about my Buir that way! Ever!"

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Typhon looked at [member="Gianna Aegis"] and nodded. "I know, and I'm sorry. Sometime.... It's just annoying when you try to do the right thing, yet you're still painted as the villain." He quickly began to help how he could though. Grabbing supplies, helping get patients ready, and, as time went on, helping Gianna move. She was getting weaker, he could feel it. As it went on, he was starting to get afraid that she wouldn't be able move anywhere by herself. He looked at her as she asked for another patient, looking worried. "Gianna, I can feel what's going on. You need to slow dow.... What's that?"

He then heard [member="Orn Pharr"] speak, and he had heard that voice before. It was the same tone many soldiers had when they were about to risk it all for others. He could feel it too. He may not have been as strong in the Force as the Jetii, but he could still feel what was happening. It was then that Gianna ran over to him, with Typhon following just in case. He then heard what Neti, and what Gianna said. He looked up at the Jedi, nodding to him before saying "Ni Kelir partaylir ibic Jetii. Vor entye. (I will remember this Jedi. Thank you.)" He then looked at Gianna, not really sure what to say. He quickly hit his comm though. "Enigma, get back to the hospital! We need to get these people moved..... I know what she said, and I'm telling you there's an update, now get that speed demon back here!"

Where: Having rejoined the Battle of Taanab, come in behind John Locke's rearguard to augment the line.
When: Present-day
Allies: CIS and Allies
Enemies: UCM and Compatriots

Fleet: 45,373.66m
1x Ne’tra’galaar III
7x Adjudicator-class Star Destroyers
10x Valiant II-class Star Destroyers - 2 destroyed
10x Gestalt-class Artillery Destroyers - 1 destroyed
5x Heart Seeker Frigates
5x Siege Breaker Frigates
6x Mazzoc-class Corvettes - 2 destroyed
84 Squadrons (1,008) Vulture Droids - All destroyed; returning with 30 Squadrons (360) more after refit.

bunibar.png
The Ne’tra’galaar had set down at the far edge of the landing area. The nightmarish black hawk sat there like some ominous herald as Vi emerged from the ship, flanked by her crew.

"Tell Lieutenant Commander Ryo, she's to oversee the clean up efforts and extend my personal gratitude to the Blood Captains, and the others in the fleet. Tell her to follow Locke's lead. He's a good man, and will know what to do. I, I am not looking ahead to what happens next."

“They knew thi-“ Aries began before Vi cut him off.

“We all knew, Bucket. We all knew.”

She strode to her troops, battered and beleaguered. Only one in six had made it through the fighting. Dalen, their commander, lay there. He was broken and bleeding, and sparks popped from the circuits in his damaged armor. When he saw her, his eyes widened through the caked blood. Vi could only see the little boy she’d played with back home, the one with the gangly figure and the gentle heart who’d never said a word, but was always ready with a hug, knowing when Vi’s father had been cruel, ready to unburden her breaking heart. Vi swallowed hard and took a deep breath, stiffening.

“You know that’s why you have shields, right?”

“Y-yes Baroness, but I thought if I used them, that pretty Queen over there wouldn’t go out with me later.” Dalen said, grunting his words through the pain. He struggled to pick himself up, faltering a few times, before managing to rise to his feet. Vi’s heart broke into a million shards as he trudged, one agonizing step after the other, to stand before his Baroness. The expression on his face betrayed the torture his wounds were inflicting on him, and he fell to his knee.

“Baroness,” Dalen panted, “I report the men did well….fought…br-bravely…wi-with h-honor.”

Vi raised her hand and brought the back of it against his cheek with enough force to send him toppling to the ground, and Dalen choked back a groan. Immediately, she reached down and lifted him to his feet once more.

“No child of Shalya will ever kneel again! I am not my father, and you are a free man, Dalen.”

Tears began to well in the eyes of the Raiders, and behind her, Sandy began to cry and Tully wrapped his hulking arms around her. It had not been so in three generations of Barons, not since Shalya. To see the old rule returned, so poignantly displayed, lit a spark of hope and pride these men had not known in their lifetimes.

“You are all free men! You are Dagatans, and your deeds here today will be told…in every bar and cantina, every ship’s mess, every barracks, and every hearth….I will tell your children their fathers were heroes! I will see that they know it in their hearts, and with every beat, they will remember!” Indeed, Vi had already arranged a transfer of twenty thousand credits from her own account into that of each man’s family. More than some Dagtatans might see in a year.

One by one, those who could took to their feet, and lifted the wounded to stand with them. Every man’s face was turned towards his Baroness.

Dalen saw the pain in Vi’s eyes, and he hugged her, silently, just as he always had. It was all she could do to maintain her composure. When the embrace ended, Vi smiled bittersweetly at her old friend and playmate, then went on,

“Rolgar! I see you there, standing before the Force, like the legends of old! Tanek, old Tanek, still as fierce as ever! Horus, your wife and children should be proud of the blood on your armor today.”

The one called Rolgar straightened and beamed a broad smile. Tanek, as Vi called him, was an aging man, the oldest of this company and he solemnly nodded when his name was called. The one she called Horus, who appeared to have bathed in blood, smiled and shouted back, “To be fair, most of it is Mando blood,” he said, then spit, “Even tastes like cowardice!” The men all laughed, and Vi smiled, even as tears formed in her own eyes, and her face tightened.

“Queen, are these men released from your service?” Vi cried out over her shoulder.

Aries whispered, “Yes Baroness.”

“Brothers, you have wrought a great victory, but…” Vi paused, taking another breath, “Your duty remains.”

Dalen nodded and shouted, “To it lads!” He coughed, before saying, “By your leave, Baroness.” Vi nodded, locking eyes with him as the sharp ring of the stiletto in his armor launching out was heard as Dalen drove it with a clenched fist to the soft spot behind his chin, falling dead just inches from Vi’s face. She stood there, stoically, eyes glassed and tears streaming her cheeks as one by one, each of the surviving Raiders did the same. The wounded who could not were aided by a friend, before he too took his life.

Sandy rushed and held her adopted mother’s waist, burying her tear-soaked face into her side, and Tully embraced them both as they silently watched the last ones fall.

A Confederate soldier nearby, having gathered with others to watch these strange men, who’d fought and bled and died with them just hours before, cried out, “You savage witch! These men didn’t deserve that!”

Vi swallowed hard once more, silently nodding for Aries and Tully to take the grief-stricken girl back to the ship.

“In time Vi, she is still young.” Tully said, leading her back.

Vi smiled softly and nodded, breathing deeply once more.

“I’m not the monster. To come here, to fight with you…with me….they disobeyed the orders of their superiors back home. Right or wrong, no Raider can refuse an order with impunity. They couldn’t escape this. They knew it when they chose. To help the Confederacy, to return Dagata to the galaxy, to win here today….the price was theirs to pay…and as you have just witnessed, Dagatans have no debts.”

The soldier recoiled, silent and shocked. These men knew they were going to do this, and chose to come here anyway, he thought. “Valor” it seemed had a new definition to the young trooper. Certainly it did to Visanj, and she knew what she must do next. One battle had ended, and with it, a new war began.

Vi turned and walked back to her ship, trying her best to choke back her tears. She held up her head and walked straight and tall.

“Remember this, remember them.” She said as she walked back, passing [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Duckie deWinter"] and the rest as she went.

“I will see you on Golbah, we will speak then.” She walked on briskly, never looking back.

With that, Vi walked inside her ship and moments later, it returned to the skies and disappeared beyond the clouds.

Inside, Aries and Tully stood there. Tully spoke softly, “Sandy’s in her room. Lucky’s with her, but she’s going to need you.” Vi nodded. “Vi, I am proud to call myself a Dagatan today. Corellia is dead to me now, Dagata is my home.”

“The payments to their families have been made, paid as promised, Baroness. You were right you know?”

Vi looked at him.

“You’re not your father.”

The A.I., created with Shalya’s image and voice, her very personality, appeared, “Sweet child, you have done well. Those men were Dagatans, and they knew, to the last of them, they knew this was their burden. Your words, however, told them it was not one borne in vain. I am very proud of you…Baroness.”

Vi said nothing, turned and went to the Stateroom and poured herself more scotch, drinking the entire glass before pouring another. She went to the heavy chesterfield chair and fell into it, sitting alone in the darkness and for the first time since she knelt over her parents’ bodies, she cried.

“So the rat has teeth? Good, it will make purging your filth so much more satisfying.” Daxton taunted [member="Mig Gred"] as he took the brunt of the Force Push straight on, blasting him into a partially destroyed wall that collapsed on top of him in a heap of dust and rubble. Yet the three blades flew at the Mandalorian with deadly speed and accuracy. One in a decapitating blow to the neck, one low to strike at the hamstrings and the third spun like dervish at a slanting angle to cut from chest to sternum. The attack was going to hit simultaneously unless there was something that got in their way.

From the rumble, ferrocrete and mortar blew explosively skyward up to twenty feet as Daxton emerged from where he was buried, cloak ripped and torn, the glistening armor marred with dust and scratches. One could not miss the mockery in the deep baritone that said, “Is that all you got, boy?”

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
tanaab_fighting_for_home_and_family.png

[SIZE=9pt]Location: The Capital[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Allies: UCM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Enemies: CIS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Tags: [/SIZE] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Tamar Fitz Kierke"] [member="Voph"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] [member="Corran Conner"] [member="Krest"] [member="Livia Maddox"] [member="Gerhard Manndorf"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Xobos Yakieer"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] [member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Gianna Aegis"] [member="Orn Pharr"]
[SIZE=9pt]Gear and Forces: Bio +[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Mando'ad'jetii[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Basilisk[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Enigma[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Gred Fleet[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], a [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]V1 astromech[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Mig was quick to jump away from the lightsabers as they came. How did the Sith still have this much focus. Mig had thrown [/SIZE][member="Daxton Bane"] into the wall for crying out loud! That was it. He had to finish this. Mig closed his eyes, keeping his focus. He drew as much of the Force as he could and released another, powerful burst of Force Lightning. "You may get rid of me, Sith, but you'll never end us all!"

A lesser man would have run and run, turned to fight another day perhaps when the odds were more in his favor. But Daxton Bane was no such man. Given the rise and challenge this young upstart made he bit back a groan as his right forearm reset itself from where it had been broken by crashing bodily into the wall. The orbalisks were chittering in agitation as he drew in more of the Dark side of the Force to himself, nightmare fuel burning fast and hard to maintain standing tall despite the intense damage he already undertook.

The sabers flew back to his side and disengaged themselves before attaching to special slots in his customized armor, the highly reflective metal seemed to glow and cackle with build up energy charge. “Arrogant little worm. Do you not know who you face? I am the ender of worlds, the nightmare you see at night, I am fear made real, I AM DAXTON BANE!!!”

The intense white flash hit the Sith Lord as he took the Force Lighting blast straight on,vanishing for a brief moment before his blurre form could be seen bathed in pure raw energy. Inside his armor, warning message appeared across his combat HUD as part of the energy quickly built the charge up to near danger levels. The excess heat caused the armors environmental seals to rupture as flesh seared then hot molten blood blew out of his wounds, his teeth bit back the groans of pain as nearly swallowed his tongue from the pain, his eyes went teary and blurry as as crimson haze decended on his vision, his ears rang until the world seems to vibrate into a white haze of pain and agony. Yet he still stood, partially because the suits grounding rods automatically engaged keeping him upright as he cackled madly from the pain.

“You are nothing but an insignificant rodent sniffing at the table of your betters. Bear witness to the Power of the Dark Side of the Force.” Smashing his fist into the ground, Daxton activated the release to all the pent up energy stored within his armor. For a second there was silence, then an eye blinding flash of explosive sphere formed around Daxton Bane, engulfing [member="Mig Gred"] and anyone unfortunate enough to be nearby in the blast.

It would have the explosive force and effect of low altitude EMP blast, frying electronics, causing burns, forcefully pushing everything outward at a rapid pace. Then it was past, leaving the Sith standing in a partial crater, his armor charred and cracked, before his smoking form collapsed to the ground.

Sensing their master’s vital signs were suddenly dropping to danger levels, the pair of assassin droid bodyguards, Remus and Romulus broke from cover and sped to his side. Remus lay down covering fire with a heavy las carbine, while Romulus picked up the Sith and carried him back to their own lines.

Daxton’s part in this war was over for now as his forces began to pull back to their secured sections as the droids evacuated their master to his flag ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom