Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crossroads

S21Dww4.png

4S5ImD3.png
Objective: Meet up with Daiya
Appearance: Link
Tag: Daiya Daiya
"Post theme: Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks"

Freedom, oh did he love that word. Ever since his release a few days ago Cartri had been doing anything and everything. From eating the food he loved most, catching up on his sleep, watching movies, and most importantly meeting with the ones he loved most. One of the first was Daiya, who throughout his prison time was being thought about by the young offender greatly. She was a great girl and a person he could count on even if they were arguing half of the time, and the fact he loved her made him think about the annoying a-mazing girl. Although, during his time alone there, another thought raced in his mind. Did she think the same way he did?

Today wasn't the day to ponder on such a thing, now he was going to meet up with Daiya and do a much needed catchup, one that didn't need any drama added to the mix. Cartri put a hand through his well kept ginger hair and walked along through the crowds of people coming his way, skillfully weaving in and out of the endless stream of careless people flowing his way. In the short time they last met, a lot of things had changed. For one, his once spotless face was still filled with healing bruises and cuts from the constant fight he had with inmates. Out of all things that bothered him more than anything else. Even if he saw it or not, his personality had changed noticeably. During the time he had to act strong and grow more mature than he wanted. But in the end, his adoption almost certainly saved his life.

Griftons Cafe was the meeting point, a well known business in Denon that proved to be a welcome retreat when needed. He had gone to it a few times and suggested it to Daiya when they were first discussing what to do. The small yet comfy cafe was perfect for their reunion, even if it was only going to be for a short while.

Cartri stopped outside the front door of the cafe and cooly leaned up against the wall with folded arms, his warm coat keeping him sheltered from the elements for now as he patiently waited. Hopefully, she still recognised him after all he went through...

Last edited:
slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Nikki" by Forever the Sickest Kids)

Today was a good day, she decided.

Daiya bounced along to a beat in her head, teeth nibbling her bottom lip, her hands busy sketching in her holojournal. The mood on the city's walkways was the same as ever, which she found comforting in its familiarity. At least no one was upset or too anxious, and today the teen even felt confident she wouldn't get stopped on her walk. She slipped between the crowds as effortlessly as breathing, hardly paying much attention to it.

Which was a good thing for the credits burning a hole in her pocket. The quick job from last night had lent the young shadowrunner a handsome payday, and the spring in her step today. Her stylus scribbled out a silent scene upon her datapad, an angular butterfly touching its nose to a vulptex, the half-closed eyes of the crystal fox anticipating the contact. Daiya's eyes assumed a similar pose, touching the stylus gently to the screen until someone jostled her shoulder.

The teen spun, knocked from her reverie, to find herself standing in front of Griftons Cafe where she had agreed to meet Cartri. It wasn't like him, sending an actual invitation, and that was enough to draw her curiosity.

It took Daiya a moment to recognize Cartri. He leaned against an outer wall of the business, a casual pose that nearly caused her to miss the boy. His ginger hair was unremarkable, however, and the girl drew up beside him. She adopted his same pose, tucking the datapad under an armpit as she folded her arms across her chest, showcasing the provocative message of her outfit today.

"Know anyone called Cartri? Kinda your size, same color hair, but he's a lot scrawnier than you." Daiya's lips pulled back in a coy grin, staring ahead for just a moment to carry the act. Then she glanced up at the boy, squinting at the cuts and bruises that marred the freckled skin of his face. The teen frowned, remarking at him, "Takes better care of his face, too."

Objective: Meet up with Daiya

"I know who you're on about, last time I heard he went into Juvenile prison and was never seen again" he replied back with a smile as he looked to the side to find Daiya leaning up against the wall beside him. He couldn't help but admit how stylish she looked today, especially with the provocative top that put her into new levels of cute.

Daiya on the other hand wasn't wrong about Cartri's transformation. During his prison time, he had been almost training every day out of boredom and to obviously keep his fitness up to scratch. He was fit before but now he had a bit more muscle to pack a punch.

When she faced him her face slowly formed a frown, most likely from the mess that covered his once clear freckled face. The last comment alone made him smile, one that seemed happy rather than disappointed "Well, it's kinda hard when all the kids inside are using spoons and toothbrushes as shanks..." Cartri chuckled, his eyes silently glaring straight into her face with joy. He hated to say it but Cartri missed being around Daiya, every time they interacted she always managed to be the highlight of his day. No matter how close they were, just being around her was good enough for him.

"What's with the message on your top? you having one of those "I hate everyone" days"

Last edited:
"Yeah, juvie sounds like a rough go. Think that kid'll ever make it out alive?"

Daiya nudged her elbow into one of the boy's ribs, trying to dislodge the joyful glare from Cartri. She could feel it infecting her, creeping over her limbs and mixing with her high spirits from the day already. It drove her heart to beat faster, her lungs to work harder, and the teen knew she was going to do something foolhardy. She stamped on the urge, taking a deep breath to keep it down, getting reckless around Cartri would only encourage him.

Besides, by his own admission he was the one in love with her.

That knowledge made her head swim, and Daiya was grateful for the change of subject. She glanced down at her shirt, which inspired the broad grin it always did when she admired its message. "More like an 'I love myself' day."

Which might have been the wrong thing to say to the boy who thought the same of her. Putting a foot against the wall, Daiya kicked off and turned toward the door, just as it opened for an exiting customer. She held it with her foot, curling a finger back at Cartri, "C'mon, I'm dying for a caf. My treat Cartri, let's celebrate spoons and toothbrushes returning to normal for you."

Objective: Have a normal conversation

"I'm not sure, knowing his luck someone has already cut his tongue out"

Cartri flinched slightly and chuckled from the point of her elbow connecting with his side, slowly rubbing it as he kept his ground on the wall "What's with you huh?" he asked playfully, unsure as to why she did it in the first place. Even so, his ribs and body were still sore from the fights he had been through in his time in juvie. All he needed was rest and a week's supply of caffeine to get him through.

Tilting his head to the reply she gave on her shirt his smile still stayed strong, even if it sounded like a slight dig to his love admission not so long ago, "Hm, I had to have one of those days every day in the prison. Not many kids seemed to like the color ginger in there..." he joked, even if it wasn't entirely fact. Raising his hand up he lightly ruffled his well crafted hairstyle and watched as Daiya kicked herself off the wall and walked to the door, motioning with a finger to follow her inside.

"Oh, for sure. I've been looking forward to using a spoon properly since I got back"

Allowing Daiya to go in first, he followed her inside and sat down in an empty booth near the window. Cartri took off his coat and placed it beside him, revealing a blue checkered flannel underneath. A droid, who has been watching them ever since they came in zoomed over and asked for what they wanted today, "Two cafs please" he asked politely before the droid moved off as fast as it came.

"So Daiya, how have you been? been up to anything while I was locked up?" he asked with a warm smile, giving Daiya his undivided attention. It wasn't common that they had a normal conversation like this, but whenever it did happen Daiya always seemed to have something intriguing to say.

Daiya grinned to herself and shook her head as the ginger boy walked stepped up to follow, taller and straighter than he'd seemed to her before. His coiffed hair taunted her, so high up she thought he might need to start ducking through doors, and the teen rolled her eyes away from the sight. She wandered into the cafe, picking a booth by the window where she could still watch passersby on the busy walkway outside.

She set down her datapad and leaned back in her chair as Cartri ordered from the droid, her eyes watching the beings outside until he brought her attention back in. His warm smile brought an edge to the teen's fingers, nails digging themselves into her pants, wondering what intentions lurked behind it. She relaxed them when his question turned out to be casual and open, granting her broad clearance to tell him just about anything.

The teen was an eager conversationalist, so she happily obliged. "Oh, whew, you wouldn't believe some of the things. I think you got the better end in juvie, Knuckles, I got hauled before —get this— Luminous Sun. Sure, I did a few jobs for her before, and she's been keeping Zenie safe ever since things started to heat up, but she acted like she owned me. Said she could get me out of jail if I helped Zenie, and how could I say no?"

"Next thing I know, I'm on Tatooine, dancing my way to some dirt for Zenie's campaign. I guess Sun's contact liked having girls dancing for him? It worked, even if it was really weird, and I learned some new dance routines." Daiya grinned at Cartri then, pantomiming some of the moves from her seated position until the droid returned with their cafs. She touched hers gingerly, handling the steaming cup with care. A few slurping sips offered the teen her first rush of the drink's namesake caffeine, warmth blossoming in her cheeks while her tongue smarted from the blistering contact.

Daiya smacked her tongue a couple times, trying to shake off the sensation. "Belazura looks sooooo depressing now, Cartri. It was bad enough last time we were there, now it's starting to look like the Abyss. Only with beings still trying to survive, and less buildings. A bunch of chit is just falling apart now, and even some of their Corpos are getting mad at Manfloon for letting it. ZINO —that's Zenie's campaign— is really excited about that, they're hoping it gets more Belazurans on their side, even some of the indentures that actually got sent there but finished their contract or ran away. They're trying to make Manfloon step down, I kinda doubt it'll happen, but I do think Zenie would make a better governor than him."

She picked up her caf again, taking advantage of the cooler drink now to take a longer sip. For a moment, the teen just enjoyed the warm liquid, the curious company, and just the progress of the day so far.

Objective: Have a normal conversation

Nodding along to what Daiya had to say, it seemed like she had been busy in his absence. When she mentioned Luminous Sun his eyes brows raised in surprise. The last time he saw her was in Sakedo tower in a nightclub, pissed after Cartri had destroyed a VIP room from a drunken brawl with a few corpo's. It was safe to say after that night he wasn't going to be visiting anytime soon, nor was he going to come face to face with Sun who was surely looking for his blood.

His face seemed to form into a grin as she explained what she did on Tatooine. Cartri had danced with Daiya during the first time they met, and as coincidence would have it on the very same night as the drunken chaos. Although, the fact she had to dance for some random stranger was strange to say the least, creepy almost "Ha, seems like you've got some groove going" he mentioned with a chuckle from seeing Daiya shuffle around on her chair to reenact them "Reminds me of the first time we met in the tower and danced. It was a good time up until... well you know" Cartri said with a chuckle, reminiscing of the blurred thoughts of stumbling around the place like a man out of his mind.

Cartri gave a thankful nod to the droid for delivering their drinks and took a quick sip of the warm beverage, forcing a small yet calm sigh to escape his lips. It was great having everyday food again, instead of the same grub over and over again which tasted as if it had been out of date for years. He certainly wasn't going to miss having soggy bread in the morning.

Belazura... from the looks of things the once great and beautiful planet had fallen into a spiral. The first time he went there it actually was quite beautiful in ways, but after a few more visits the dark cloud looming over the world was starting to become even more clear. Even so, the campaign that was being set up seemed to offer hope for better times ahead. All it needed was the support to get over the line, "Anyone would be better than Manfloon in all honesty. A person who is willing to let a planet rot shouldn't have even been elected in the first place, they deserve a leader like Zenie who will fight for a better future, not a greedy scumbag who'd rather fill his pockets while others suffer" Cartri said passionately, showing that he cared for their course even if he didn't have any links to them "If you need any help with the campaign at all, don't hesitate to ask me"

Taking another sip, he sent a warm smile to Daiya, impressed by her drive for freedom and justice for Belazura. Daiya was a caring girl who stood up for the underdog, and that's something he admired greatly.

"On the other hand, I've been stuck in a cold cell for the past month fighting for my life. Nonetheless, I made a few friends, did things I never thought I'd do, and got a bit of muscle on me in the meantime" Raising his arm up he lightly tapped his bicep and sarcastically did a funny flex as if he had more muscle than he was saying, "All in all I got through in the end, with countless stories to tell. I may have to write them up some time you know..." He said in thought while taking a swig of his cup.

"And believe it or not, I missed you Daiya. It was strange not hearing your teases, let alone your voice"

Daiya took the compliments in stride, using them as confidence fuel for her long-winded explanation. Belazura was only one sad part of her time in the past —had it really been a month?— since they had really spent any time together last. The teen had barely had a moment to herself to consider it, assuming she even wanted to.

Still, as much as the teen was inclined to keep the ginger boy at arm's length, he wasn't bad company. She even found herself exclaiming, "I KNOW RIGHT?!" at his assessment of Manfloon. Daiya's mind paused as she considered his offer of help, she little desired more avenues to encounter Cartri but Zenie would love the extra hands.

Those hands brought his caf up to drink, and she couldn't help but notice how gently they gripped the cup.

The teen caught the boy's new subject halfway through his first breath, bringing her own caf up in time to hide a grin at his preening display. Daiya's eyes hadn't missed his new figure earlier, though it was hard to complain about seeing its proof now. "Is that why I came here today? So you can show off?" Her grin broadened behind her caf, and she took a sip before putting it down. "It's a very nice muscle. Very muscle-y. Does it do any tricks?"

Daiya giggled and sat back against the chair, grinning impishly at the boy who seemed to like being teased. Something she was all too happy to provide.

Cartri kept both of his bruised hands around the cup and lifted it to his lips once more, his attention kept on Daiya Daiya as he took a quick sip of the hot liquid. he loved her little passionate reactions, ones that showed she had an interest in his opinion and care for what he said. On a good day like this, he envied Daiya's energy. She seemed to have all the energy in the world when it came to talking, and to Cartri that didn't seem to bother him in the slightest. In truth, he could listen to the a-mazing girl all day.

"Partly, I think anyone would be tempted to show off if they were in the best shape of their life"

He had a long way to go in fulfilling his full potential, but right now for his age, Cartri was in quite an impressive shape. With the mixture of his diet and training schedule, he had done himself proud. However, it all wouldn't have been achieved if it wasn't for Xan Deesa Xan Deesa guidance to put him in the right direction. Cartri had a lot to owe his big sis...

"Any tricks you say? well, they help me lift anything I want, make me more handsome than ever and help me create bigger holes in the walls" Cartri said with a giggle, referring to the sole reason why they call him "knuckles". On the outside, it seemed like he hated the nickname, but deep down even he couldn't help but find the honor behind it.

"Hey, have you ever thought of doing a bit more training and working out? some extra cardio and strength can go a long way, especially on missions" He said with another sip of his cup "If you don't like it, so be it. There's nothing wrong with giving it a go"

Daiya giggled lightly at the boy's boasting and modeling, sipping her drink to keep from being louder in the public cafe. A flexed bicep was something the teen would have found eyeroll-inducing on anyone before, and even part of her mind still wanted to. When Cartri mentioned punching more holes in walls, she finally let herself, pupils circling her eyes while her head gave a little shake.

"Now that's one for the record book." Daiya's mouth pulled, one side a little longer. Her hands set down the cup, and grabbed for her datapad instead. The teen gave it a few taps before holding it up, prompting the boy with a gentle flex of her own arm. "Come on, show it for the camera!"

The teen would happily snap a few holos to remember this goofy moment.

"Why would I need more training when I have you, O Ginger Protector?" Daiya giggled, willingly snapping a few more holo shots for any more poses, before setting down the datapad. Her own limbs were lean and willowy, just strong enough to keep her agile around Denon. The teen was built better for sprinting than strength, and until the last year, she hadn't need anything more than that. "What kind of training, anyway? Don't say you're going to shoot at me while I run, 'cause I do that kind already."

"I'm almost afraid to ask how many of my quotes you have in that record book of yours" he lightly chuckled, slurping away at the warm caff in his hands. His eyes watched Daiya Daiya set her cup down and grab for her datapad, smugly holding it up and asking him to flex one of his muscles "Oh fine... I may as well show off a little bit" Cartri grinned before raising his arm up and flexing his bicep, sticking his tongue out at the camera with one eye shut "I'll probably regret that"

Returning his arms to the table he tilted his head slightly and smiled "Well Daiya, I can't be with you all the time. It's only right you develop yourself so when the time cones you can get out some tight situations. You do it as it is now, but as time goes on you'll find it more demanding" the teen noted, while giving a quick examination of Daiya's stature "You'd be suited to conditioning rather than strength. By all means build some more, but focus more on your fitness than anything else" Cartri ponders and looks out the window for a few brief seconds in thought.

"The training will include exercise sets, sparring and some mental fortitude. All of which will be done at the top of my apartment block roof. It has a pretty cool view... considering I was dangled by my ankles and got to experience it fully" he grinned, slowly shaking his head from the memory of it happening.

"Trust me, a girl like yourself would benefit greatly from this kind of thing. And, I'll be able to see you more" he winked before gently putting a hand on top of hers.

Daiya set down her datapad, giving it a pat for a job well done. She busied herself with another sip of her caf, bemoaning the end that was already drawing near for it. Her eyes searched the shop for a wandering server as she listened to Cartri explain, nodding and murmuring an, 'Mhmm,' when the boy made one of his many points.

"So you don't think I'm fit, is that it?" Daiya asked him, her lips twisting into a goading smirk. She could see the passion behind his eyes, the genuine desire to be compassionate and true. It was that same passion she'd seen in him when he'd used his fists before his words. Every breath the teen took around Cartri felt like a balance to her, teetering on the edge of caution and comfort, never knowing when she'd tip over to one side.

And always fearing which one.

"Wait, dangled by your ankles off the rooftop?!" The teen set her cup down, hard enough to spill some of the lingering caf still inside it, her mouth open in shock. It moved, voiceless, for a moment, before Daiya regained sound in her throat. She sat back in her chair, wiggling down until her shoulders met the top of the chair back. "Oh, you can't just throw that out there and expect me not to ask. Not with a juicy story like that!"

Daiya crossed her arms, poignant interest written across her face, her tongue eager to enunciate the command. "Spill."

Cartri's eyes widened slightly and smirked from when she said she wasn't fit. Daiya Daiya was most definitely fit in more ways than one, but it wouldn't hurt to maintain it and even go up a level "What? of course you are. I'm not saying you're unfit or anything, I just feel you've got potential to be something more" he grinned back, not daring to remove his gaze from her eyes.

His love for Daiya was something that had grown overtime. Since their first meeting at Sakedo tower Cartri had really grown fond of the girl. She had a great personality that he secretly enjoyed. On the outside he always made sure to hide it by calling her a-nnoying all the time. She was also pretty cute, what could you not want?

The teens smile seemed to vanish as soon as she urged him to reveal the story of him almost dangling off the roof. His mouth had revealed yet another piece of ammunition she could to get into his head, oh why did he always do this? slowly he leaned forward and put his arms on the table with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh fine, you'll keep bothering about it if I don't. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else alright?" he asked to Daiya, hoping she wouldn't tell every soul she saw

"Okay... so me and Xan Deesa Xan Deesa were on the roof doing some hand to hand combat training in the early months of us knowing each other. Throughout the session she had been throwing me about constantly, and that really began to get on my nerves. When she was on the floor showing me how to sweep legs away, she saw how frustrated I was and joked that my hair was on fire, because I'm obviously ginger and angry. In response, I right hooked her in the jaw, something of which I instantly regretted when she grabbed me by the ankles and made me hang upside down. When I saw she was taking me to the edge I was begging her to put me down, pleading with her to forgive me. She seemed to love every last minute of me squirming because she had a grin on her face throughout the whole thing. Thankfully, after seeing I was visibly shaking and genuinely sorry she put me down and made me do press-ups until I my arms gave out"

"And, it was probably the closest I've ever been to peeing myself..."

Daiya sputtered, the taste of caf filling her mouth and nose as her last sip snuck back up her throat as she laughed. The noise drew other patrons in the cafe, and the teen ignored all of them, leaning forward on her knees as she reveled in the cleansing tale of Cartri's misery.

"Ohhhhh," Daiya sat up, holding her stomach against the soreness of its involuntary spasms. She breathed out, glancing over toward the boy, but even the sight of him caused the image in her head to replay on full holo mode. "She got you good, oh my stars Cartri!"

She took a few deep breaths, leaning back in her chair again. Her grin had permanently affixed itself to her face now, leaving Daiya with the unmistakable fortune of actually enjoying the company of Cartri. She just giggled a bit more at that thought, grinning in the boy's direction, her cheeks flushed warm from the caf and her laughter. "I wish I coulda been there! At least I'll see the crime scene when we meet for some training."

Her grin twisted at the boy, and she took a last gulp of the remainder of her caf. She let out a satisfied sigh, letting the cup clink down onto the table in front of them. "So..."

The teen shrugged down the shoulder of her zip-up sweatshirt, letting the short sleeves beneath it bare her biceps to the boy. Daiya turned her grin flat and puffed out her cheeks with air, clenching her fist and posing her arm as Cartri had just a moment ago, letting her muscle firm up for his inspection. "...how's these for starters?"

"Daiyaaaaa! this isn't funny!" he giggled out back to her with a wide smile, happy with himself that he had managed to make Daiya laugh at least once today. Putting his arms back on the table his cheeks seemed to blush as she kept a smirk on her face, admiring how cute she looked when she was happy like this.

"Hmph, maybe I should do the same to you so you can get an accurate recreation for yourself" he laughed back, excited for their upcoming training sessions where he was going to put Daiya through her paces. He wasn't going to be as strict as Xan was, considering it wasn't full blown like his once was.

Watching her down the remainder of the caf, he glared at her curiously when she reached shrugged down her sweatshirt and showed off her own biceps. Cartri glared silently for a few moments before bursting out laughing, his hand hitting the top of his thigh humorously "You little lady have a lot of work!" Cartri said light heartedly as he got to his feet and stretched off his legs slightly.

Calming himself down slightly with deep breaths he gets himself out of his seat and offers a hand to Daiya, hoping she'd take it to pull her gently upwards so he can wrap his arms around her back back "Fancy coming back to my place and watching a movie? I have a spare bed now Xan has given me the apartment" Cartri asked softly. She had every right to say no, but his happiness was too high right now not to give it a try. For a few moments the teen fell silent and gazed into the girls eyes, his hand raising up to carefully brush away any loose hair in her face.

"After all, I have missed you..." Cartri whispered before his lips began to get closer to hers, his eyes beginning to flicker shut to enjoy the peaceful moment.

Daiya stuck a pink tongue out at the boy, she was having far too much fun teasing him and then he had to go spoil it by laughing at her muscles. Her lower lip pushed out in a pout as the teen pulled up her sweatshirt to cover her skinny arms again. Her eyes squinted at him, and her nose wrinkled as she mocked a playful sneer in his direction, "It's not my fault I don't have big muscles like a boy!"

She looked at his proffered hand, her reply coming as a sharp hiss in the form of a scoff.

The teen stood quickly from the seat by herself, shrugging off his noble gesture after his poor appraisal of her muscles. She found herself wrapped in a hug anyway, her breath interrupted by the unexpected squeeze against his firm body. Daiya had to admit, the boy had bulked up nicely. Just not as nice as being roped into a surprise hug, and the teen had to remind herself of that while she pressed her hands against him to pry enough room for her to breathe.

"Moving a little fast there, loverboy," Daiya told him, and pressed a finger to his lips as she finished extracating herself from his embrace. She grabbed her datapad from the table, hugging it to her chest to give herself something between them if he tried again. "I'm not the kind of girl you're making me out to be here..."

Daiya stepped back a moment, feeling her whole chest vibrate as her heart thudded against the datapad. She cursed at herself, wishing that her ears and her brain could overpower her eyes and heart for just once in her life. This was Cartri —Knuckles— and who was she if a little exercise and soft words could change all of that for her?

"Oh feth it..." the teen muttered to herself as she stepped up close to Cartri again, her feet rising on tiptoes to press her lips into his mouth.

If Daiya couldn't stop the kiss, at least she could enjoy it.

"You'd better have something better than Holoflix," she told him a few too many heartbeats later, giving herself no time to glance back at the ginger boy behind her. Daiya pressed the datapad firmly against her chest, as if that could quell what she'd set into motion. The air outside the cafe would sober her up, she was certain of it. The teen was going to need her wits about her that afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom