Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Crimson Star Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
fantasy-sorcerer-armor-hood-wallpaper-preview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a champion for the Athysian League
  • Image Credit: Credit
  • Role: Warlords, Commanders
  • Permissions: NA
  • Links: NA
UNIT INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Crimson Star Warlock
  • Affiliation: Athysian League
  • Classification: Military Commanders, Champions
  • Appearance: Most of the Warlocks are covered by powerarmor which they paint in different colours, according to personal preference. Although they do not follow a specific dresscode, just like most Athysian troops, these nobles oftentimes wear a crimson cloak, decorated with the symbols of their Hegenika, over their gear. They can be either men or women, highly trained in the skills of war and the Dark Arts.
COMBAT INFORMATION
tumblr_ng37qq8GDI1sn3ne4o1_500.jpg

Crimson Star Warlock in battle, surrounded by Dark Side powers enhanced by a Kirkian Witch-Blade (Credit)

Strengths:
  • Warrior-Mages. These Athysian nobles are powerful Force-Users who do not hesitate calling upon the blessings of the Dark Side to lay waste upon the enemy, possessing unmatched Force Powers in comparison to their troops, being trained for decades in the Dark Arts.
  • Champions. The Crimson Star Warlocks do not hold back. They lead by example, plundging themselves in the very frontlines, leading their troops by example, inspiring their warriors with their deeds.
Weaknesses:
  • Force Warriors. Highly based on their Force Powers, these champions can be found in a significant disadvantage if exposed to Force-Nullifying field, or somehow they are deprived of their Force Powers.
  • Proud. The Warlocks of Crimson Star Circle shall not easily accept defeat. If a unit is facing defeat, or worse, is pulled back, there is high chance the warlock leading the unit denies the order, choosing to stay in battle and die fighting, instead of returning home, ashamed.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Crimson Star Circle is a cult devoted to the pantheon host of Dhefiron, the Sleeping King and patron of War. It is believed that the first of the Warlocks emerged when Ignisir, a powerful Demon, was summoned in Athys during an ancient war. With their Stratis Hosts useless against such abominations, the Warlocks, highly trained Dark Adepts, ascending from the Crimson Star Circle, took it upon themselves to battle the dark spawns of Ignisir and relief Athys from corruption. As the eons went by, the Warlocks found themselves from noble demon-slayers, to witch-hunters and from there, to warlords of the Hegemons' armies. Every Warlock is sworn to battle Force entities that threaten his or her homeworld, as well as his patron pantheon.
v-wei-3.jpg

A Crimson Star Circle Warlock fightning Ignisir's spawns on Athys (Credit)

The Warlocks of Athys remain one of the most powerful weapons the Hegemons posses, consisted of the most zealous and renown champions of their respective Hegenika.

Last edited:
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan they are already in. I put each credit under the respective image so it wont be confusing. I considered redundunt to put all links in a single line as it may cause confusion to which each of them relate. So, whenever one needs to go to the source image, he/she just hits the Credit link under the image in question and done. The main picture is the one "representing" the whole branch, thus put in the Image Source place. Wiith this said, please advise whether this is a way to go, or i just pile them atop and scrap the links mid-text

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon

I see that now!

I am a bit confused as I read through this submission to be honest.

Under intent you are wanting to make a champion, which would make sense to use the template for an individual NPC, however the rest of the language throughout the submission seems to speak to an organization and not the individual itself. Even under name you seem to name an order rather than a person.

If you could help me clarify this we can get this on track and hopefully get this approved for you!

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan This is an actual error i have been facing here and there. This is not an individual unit, this is an NPC solo unit that can be utilized. Like "Sith Warlord" or "Sith Sorcerer". Military commanders or elite champions which can be deployed as bosses or/and leaders. I failed to comperhend whether this was or not the correct sheet, so i tried going along. I later forgot to actually swap the sheet, which i just remembered. Apologies for the confusion and unnecessary review! But this is an actual question i came up with. Solo units count as NPCs, or do I fill them as sheet with just singular numbers in a unit?

Just to be sure I am understanding you correctly.

Is this one unit which contains multiple people or is this an individual person? If your intent is to make a unit then we will need to swap out for the correct template. I can move this to pre-codex for you if you want the time to do that?

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

This is meant to be a champion unit for the army. Crimson Star Warlocks are military commanders and elite units. Each of the Warlocks is a solo unit, but there is hundreds of them in total. An army can have a Warlock Master as commander and 2 or 3 different warlock forward commanders leading different subdivisions of the same army. It is not a single character as in "Commander Cody". More like "Sith Warlord" generic template for the elite unit in charge.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan no need to sorry me, im sorry for the confusion xD

Yes these are basically boss units. Imagine that they will be deployed as Sorcerers or Hero characters from Warhammer total war. 1 unit that leads and can make tremendous difference in battle. Still, though. Not a character. Because u can see like 1 leading every 1000 troops, in an army of several thousands. This is generic warlord unit.

Thank you for that clarification. The reason I needed to be clear is because the template you are using here is an individual person, not a combat unit. That template is here:

Combat Unit

What we need to do then is make sure that you switch over to this template, and then I can judge it from there. As my usual offers go, you can either do that here and just ping me when ready, or I can move this to the Pre-Codex and give you the time to do that at your leisure. Either way the choice is yours!

If I haven't said it yet... this is a great concept you are working on here!

I keep going over this and keep going back and forth while you’re using this for a unit some of the language I am having trouble with is...

The Crimson Star Circle is a cult...

Then we have the issue that a combat unit of one isn’t a unit per se. The smallest I can find on record is for 7, and Star Wars cannon has 4 in the RC novels.

Your intent states you want them to be a champion. I think my confusion is because this one submission is still trying to smoosh a couple of submissions together.

This doesn’t fit the individual template, and it does not really fit the combat unit either. Not as written.

I keep coming back to the fact this would be best as an organization submission in the lore section. I really hate to ask for more edits, but this is what’s best I think. I can move this to pre-codex so you can make that swap and then we can move it back to live judging.

Will this be acceptable? Again I’m sorry about all this confusion.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan no need to sorry, im the one making it messy!

Well, Crismos Star Circle Warlock is a generic elite unit which i plan on using either as army commanders or bosses. Theg are not npc, because its not just 1, they are again, like a generic Sith Warlord. To make it a 4 or more people unit i will have to add more than just the warlock (be it personal guard or such). I feel it would unbalance it.

I am actually making a gargantuan sub about the cult, Athysian Shadow Creed. Which includes loads of generic ranks and stuff. However, when it comes to pvp, i cant just throw in a boss. I figured i had to stat it. And again, it isnt a character per se, as there are hundreds of them. Each leading a battalion, or even whole army.

This is why i made it like that. Champion, yes, but not singular. They are VERH hard to train and field, which makes it a rare unkt, but u cant sah each warlock is a named figure. If so i would need to personalize a whole library of them xD

Would try making it "crew" or shch but it takes up to 12. Thus once again the issue

Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon honestly I would make it an organization since at the moment things are just generic. Much of what you have here copies over, and then as you make units in the future you can list they are led by a Warlock and just link the lore sub.

Does this make sense?

Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon honestly I would make it an organization since at the moment things are just generic. Much of what you have here copies over, and then as you make units in the future you can list they are led by a Warlock and just link the lore sub.

Does this make sense?
Alright, in this case then can we delete this post? Little point to keep it as i already have prepared the post :(

Sorry for the troubles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom