Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Criminal Hunting

VVVDHjr.png

Nar Shaddaa. The Smuggler's Moon. Plenty of criminals lived on this planet, and Vitiion was on the hunt for one of them in specific. An Ithorian called Plo Heengs who had been smuggling various bits of endangered flora and fauna from their home world and selling them off to the highest bidder for them to hunt or perform experimentation on. It wasn't something Vitiion would stand for, even if she wasn't able to get an approved mission to the moon. There was nothing stopping her from going herself after she heard rumours around Coruscant about the Ithorian. She had to prepare to deal with the target. Nar Shaddaa might not be your typical battlefield, but the same tactics and strategy could work if she tried to hunt down the Ithorian. Though whilst she was decent at tracking out in the field, she felt like an urban environment would be much more difficult than following someone through a battlefield. So she had to rely on getting some hired help, using what credits she had managed to get from working in the defense force. There were probably a few friends she might have been able to ask for help, but she didn't want any of them connected to this. If the mission did go wrong, there was a chance they'd retaliate against her friends, and she couldn't stand for that.

So the Atoan went out on a search for bounty hunters. She wasn't entirely sure if this was a good idea either. Paying someone to help you hunt down someone who most definitely had more credits than you did, but she planned on offering all of Plo's credits to them. Vee didn't want the money, she just wanted to put the smuggler out of business. Lethally or otherwise. She wasn't going to take any chances with this. It felt...strange to Vitiion however. This wasn't a mission from the GA. This wasn't someone she was killing because she was told to. She was going out to hunt someone for herself. To be fair, it was because she thought it was right, but the Atoan hadn't done anything like this before. There was a part of her that was excited at the idea of hunting someone, or at least hunting a criminal. It wasn't like they were going to be someone who was needed at the end of the day. No-one would shed any tears if Plo died, or at least that was how she saw this. He was a blight on the Galaxy.

The Sniper eventually found the Bounty Hunter she wanted to hire, settling on "Jackal" "Jackal" . With the agreement that they'd get half payment when they met up on Nar Shaddaa and then the rest after Plo had been taken out. She wasn't sure how to feel about bounty hunters, doubting that they'd follow orders as well as soldiers but at the same time, they had their own set of skills that she'd need. Vitiion wasn't exactly knowledge in the Underworld, so she hoped that Jackal would be. It would help to make up for her own weaknesses. Who knows, maybe they'd make a good team. Or they'd hate each other. She wasn't entirely sure herself, since she mostly operated solo when it came to being in the field. Being a team player wasn't something that she'd enjoyed. Either way, the Atoan had to prepare to head off to Hutt Space. To the outer rim, the furthest she had been out from the core. She wasn't going to have any friends where she was going, but that wasn't important.

Getting on a shuttle for the moon, Vitiion just relaxed, working over her weapon to make sure it was ready to be used. Checking over the C.R.I.B and making sure that it was going to be usable for the hunt. She'd be able to use it to try and disable Plo's vehicles, if he tried to escape during the search for him but she hoped they wouldn't stand out too much. She wasn't even wearing her typical combat armour since she didn't want to be recognised as part of the GA. All she had on her person was the C.R.I.B and her vibrosword for defence. When she eventually arrived at the moon, Vitiion just went to find a place near the spaceport to sit and wait for the bounty hunter, folding her arms along her front and waiting impatiently.

Last edited:

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar
shaddaa
Tag | Vitiion Daivik Vitiion Daivik

As she waiting on a transport shuttle to arrive at the spaceport, Jackal would be checking over the contract again on her phone. It wasn't often that she got hired by people such as this, normally these special types got this done and didn't need someone with wetwork knowledge.

Since there were a lot of credits on the table here, this needed to be given her all. And so once she did land, her employer would see the crowd of people getting off, each getting their luggage scanned real quick by a droid. Soon Jackal would have her own bag scanned.... She was allowed to pass of course.

Chewing on some gum the hunter would give a smug wink paired with a smile to the prim and proper sniper.

"Vitiion right? Relax a little, this will be done in no time."

Still keeping a smug glare, the strange woman tosses her employer a data pad. Thanks to her AI made just for finding people it was too easy, tapping the screen would bring up live camera feed of their target. Hell you could even open a map to see his coordinates if you wanted... Jackal was a lot of things, and one of them was an ace at tracking.

"You got a place we plan on goin?"

She says in a laid back tone, chewing on her gum still while glancing around.

"Where's the spotter?"

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

Well. Jackal seemed more laid back than Vee had been expecting someone to be in this type of business. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Far from it in fact. It was helping relieve some of her own nerves about this situation. She did give Jackal a short nod however to at least try to acknowledge the bounty hunter.. She wasn't going to be rude to someone just because they did this kind of stuff for a living. There was something...unnerving about the woman but Vee couldn't put her finger on it, so she wasn't going to ask about it.

"Yeah. It's Vitiion. You can call me Vee if you want though. I know my name can be a bit of a mouthful."

The Atoan raised an eyebrow at how smug Jackal seemed to be, but it wasn't important. What was important was checking out the datapad as the Sniper went over the information, trying to come up with a plan of attack for them to go through.

"If I wanted to just shoot him and get it over with, it'd be pretty easy to set up shop near his location...but then it'd be harder to get to his credits."

She tapped a few of the locations on the map to show where they could have set up shop. It would have been simple enough. Just isolate him, take him out and make sure there wasn't anything found but considering she planned on using some of Plo's credits to help pay Jackal, that plan wouldn't work. Though she did come with an alternative plan, tapping towards an unused landing platform.

"From the looks of it, he seems to visit here a lot. That's probably where he gets his shipments. If I set up here, I'll be able to disable the shuttle dropping off his cargo with my rifle. Once I've done that, I'll make my way over to give you support. We'll need to figure out a way to cut off his escape route back onto the streets. Deal with any of his security, and then we can threaten him with feeding him to his cargo, if he doesn't pay us. Think today's shipment was meant to be Tuk'ata...Of course, after he pays us, I'm going to feed him to them anyway."

The Atoan broke out into a scowl as she finished off her plan, though shook her head afterwards to try and relax, smiling up towards Jackal slightly. She felt like it was a decent enough plan at the end of the day. However the question about a spotter caught her off guard as Vitiion just gave an awkward chuckle in response, rubbing the back of her neck.

"I don't...use a spotter. My instincts are usually good enough on their own. Been using a blaster rifle for as long as I can remember."

She didn't want to admit, to herself or anyone else, that her instinct was actually the Force. That moment when she'd feel herself needing to pull the trigger being the Force helping her with her shots. Either way, she shook her head and got up to her feet, keeping the smile on her face.

"Do you want to head over there now and set up early? Or...kill some time? I don't know how you want to do stuff."

"Jackal" "Jackal"

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar Shaddaa

Oh my goodness there it was, a smile on their face! Good to know she wouldn't be working with someone with a stick up their own ass at least, would be rather annoying.

"First I have ever heard of a solo sniper, but hey if it gets results then whatever."

Finishing up her gum she would flick it into a bin, holding out her hand to Vee.

"Brutal man, feeding the idiot to his own pets."

Jackal could inflict more pain than that beast ever could, make this man scream for death. Yet it was down to the choice of her employer of course, and speaking of choices...

"Hm? I figured you would want this done and over with, easy job, easy credits. But hey if you want to kill some time I don't mind, whatever you wanna do I suppose. Perhaps drinks should wait till after we get the job done.... Do.... Wait do they have a good burger place around here?"

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

"What can I say? I'm a unique type of Sniper. Plus, if I'm just hitting their shuttle with my rifle, I don't need to be too accurate."

Her eyes went towards the gum being flicked into the bin before holding her hand out towards Jackal to give a firm handshake. As much as Vitiion could be a bit harsh or stern, it was mostly around other soldiers. With most people, she'd just try to relax. Like she was doing right now, though she did give a nervous chuckle when Jackal said the idea of feeding Plo to his cargo was brutal, causing her to shrug.

"He's ripped dozens of creatures away from their homes, their families. I can't think of a better way for him to taste justice. Unless you have an idea?"

Vitiion wasn't someone who thought about being cruel at the end of the day. She just wanted to get this kind of revenge against Plo. It was more personal than she'd want to admit. Whilst she had never interacted with the Ithorian herself, the idea of taking something away from its home to parade it around like a pet, or to hunt it was revolting. Perhaps it was connected to the fact that she couldn't return to her own home but she would never admit it.

"I feel like getting to know each other, at least a tiny bit, before the job would be nice. There might be a burger place around here, though from the looks of this place, it might not be good. Might be one up the street."

She jabbed her thumb off the side before shrugging her shoulders. Having some food before the job could be a good idea. Can't get to work shooting people on an empty stomach at the end of the day.

"Jackal" "Jackal"

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar Shaddaa

An interesting little creature this "Vee" was, rather sure of her aim too. As she gave Jackal a firm handshake it would cause the woman to laugh a bit, her fanged maw on display for a moment as she did so.

"I uh.. Would like my data pad back kid."

A mistake but it wasn't like Jackal was one to judge, she thought the mess up was funny anyway.

"An idea from me? No, no you don't want that. I can tell you aren't the type, don't worry about it... We can stick with a fast method of dealing with it."

Asking for ideas from a mind so twisted and depraved was never a good call, thankfully today she felt rather normal in a sense as she pat Vee on the head before glancing around to read signs.

"Hm, plenty of places to pick from from what I can see. Don't worry about me, I'm not a picky eater in the slightest... You lead and I will follow, sound like a plan?"

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

Vitiion blinked at the fangs for a moment. Before hearing Jackal request her datapad back, causing the Atoan's face to flush ever so slightly. That...made more sense than shaking hands. Gods, she was probably already looking like an idiot. She just held the datapad back out towards Jackal, giving an embarrassed smile at the same time.

"I...Erh...Sorry about that...Nice teeth by the way. And nice laugh."

She shrugged her shoulders afterwards, frowning a little bit as the bounty hunter said she wouldn't want an idea from Jackal. What was that meant to mean? Hm...She wasn't sure but it wasn't important. Vee did pout however when Jackal patted her on the head! She wasn't a child! She just shook her head at that, brushing her hair a little bit with her hands to sort it out slightly.

Either way, Vitiion nodded at the idea just going off to pick a random place to eat from before she set out onto the streets expecting Jackal to be following behind her. There were a few different places they walked past that could have been interesting. One place that seemed to sell exotic fruits and vegetables in a salad, or selling fish based dishes from across the Galaxy. Vitiion settled with a regular looking diner that sold a bit of everything from the looks of it.

"There we go. Where do you want to sit? At the back? Near the door? Somewhere else? I'm probably going to order a salted staga sub. Don't worry about paying, I'll do it for you."

She was the one who had technically dragged Jackal to this place, so Vee might as well pay for Jackal's meal. Hopefully it wasn't anything too extravagant. She wasn't exactly made out of credits at the end of the day

"Jackal" "Jackal"

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar Shaddaa

"Huh? Oh, I don't care where we sit. Didn't figure you'd be paying for the meal, cheers."

Wherever the two sat, Jackal would lean her head back into the old chair. She grunts a bit as she popped her back, it felt better to take a rest after that annoying flight.

It was clear that the woman hadn't had relaxation in a while, in truth she had been on job after job as of late... Is this what people mean by suffering from success?

When a server droid came by to take their order, Jackal would quickly plug in a wire to the thing while no one was looking. Typing in something on her data pad, it only took a moment but after the deed was done she slipped the slicer wire back into her sleeve.

"Meat platter, raw please... Throw in the best beer you have for me and my friend here."

After Vee would put in her own order, the droid would print out their total, handing over the receipt to Vee. After the droid walked off to give in their ticket Jackal would light a smoke while explaining herself a little.

"The receipt will have a false amount, the food and drink are free... On me kid."

This woman had indeed just casually committed a crime right in front of Vee, and by the looks of it had not a single worry about it.

"So how long you been popping heads?"

Still in a relaxed state she would take a hit of her cigarra, exhaling the smoke out from her nostrils like she normally does.

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

"You alright there? Seem a bit...stiff. I assume the shuttle here wasn't exactly too comfortable? Feel free to relax. We don't need to head out for a little bit anyway."

The Atoan sat back against the chair, stretching her arms out a bit, pulling one behind her back to stretch it out. She needed to make sure was going to be limber enough for when she had to get into position later on. Make sure that she was as accurate as she could be out there but for now it was just rest and relaxation whilst she prepared to wait for their food. She raised an eyebrow at Jackal's order however. Raw meat and beer? Strange combination but she wasn't going to say no to some beer. Even if she was going to have to pa-...Oh.

Looks like she wasn't going to have to pay for it. Sure, it was a crime and all, but Vitiion wasn't going to complain about it. She wasn't exactly someone who wanted to follow the law all the time, she just did it because she didn't want to get into trouble and have to deal with the problems that came with it. She rested her chin atop her hands on the table, glancing up at Jackal before preparing to answer.

"As a recognised Sniper? Not too long. But I've been shooting stuff since I was young. Around...ten I think. The High Priestesses always wanted to make sure we were trained. I always outperformed the other Atoans. Sometimes I'd have to shoot trespassers on the planet. We aren't exactly...fond of outsiders. It doesn't help that our language is near impossible for protocol droids, and most Atoans hardly ever bother to learn basic. Apparently there's some ritual where if we eat someone's tongue, we can learn the language but eh. Never tried it myself. Learned basic the hard way."

She waved her hand dismissively, though a small frown did make its way onto her face as she scrunched it up a little bit. She wasn't sure how to feel about the High Priestesses anymore, since it was because of them that she was kicked out of her home. Vee glanced back up towards the bounty hunter, letting out a sigh before she sat herself back up straight

"What about you? How long have you been doing the whole gun for hire stuff? You seem...more relaxed than I'd expect a bounty hunter to be. I like it."

"Jackal" "Jackal"

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar Shaddaa

"Stiff is one way to put it, this whole week has been nothing but jobs. So far this one isn't that bad, easy mark and I get to relax for a moment? I have been doing many things to make credits for a long time now, I live a simple life in my apartment."

Considering that soon this year she would be turning thirty... Ya you could say she had been at this for a while now.

"As for hunting bounties or mercenary work? Mm just started this year, but you could say I know my way around the block. Now on most worlds I get paid to go kill someone legally, funny how that works."

While keeping the cigarra between her teeth she would take a knife out of her luggage, using it to clean and dirt that had gotten under her nails, another thing she tended to do often.

"Well hell if I could learn a whole language just by eating a tongue- Eh nevermind, anyway my home right now is Coruscant actually. Can't say I hail from an interesting background, I just do what I do because I want to."

Jackal would have to save the rest of her smoke for later, putting it out with her finger as the droid came over with the food.

"I am relaxed because I know I already have this job done, normally I would have this done in maybe two hours tops... But since you want the satisfaction I am all for it, not like either of us are in a rush hm?"

She pokes into the chunk of raw bloodied meat with a steak knife, cutting a slice off before popping it into her sharp maw.

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

"I see. Sounds like bounty hunting is a pretty heavy job when it comes to effort. Don't think I'd be able to do it if I'm honest. Even though I basically do the same thing for the Defence Force. They tell me to go to some planet, shoot some people, head back to Coruscant and then rinse and repeat. Sound like you've got a fair few credits though. That's nice."

Vitiion raised an eyebrow when Jackal said she was able to kill people legally now. Well, that implied to her that Jackal used to make a living killing people illegally. Eh, it wasn't something that was too important to her. Jackal wasn't committing anything that Vitiion thought she'd need to try and get her arrested for. Though she did wrinkle her nose at the cigarette. It would make it harder to eat her sandwich but she wasn't going to complain either way. Jackal could do her own thing. Vee just needed her here for the close combat stuff.

"Being able to do what you want to do sounds pretty good. I just sorted landed in whatever place would accept me. Coulda ended up joining a gang, or becoming a bounty hunter, but instead I joined the Galactic Alliance. I just wanted to have a blaster back in my hands. I feel defenseless without some form of blaster. Need to find a good handgun to use if I think about it..."

The Atoan shrugged her shoulders as Jackal explained why she was relaxed. Vee wasn't in any rush to get the job done. It wasn't like the Ithorian would be leaving the planet any time soon as she kept a small smile on her face.

"No rush. I'm enjoyin' to get to know you. Plus it lets you relax a little bit which is important to me. I care about other people's health sometimes. If they're useful or important to me."

"Jackal" "Jackal"

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | You already know

"Well of course, just like any other job you won't have a good reputation if you put in hardly effort. You found me thanks to my record, otherwise it would have been someone else."

She goes in for another bite, stopping herself for a moment.

"Defenseless without a blaster? Ya I suppose I felt the same way when I was young, but after getting the life almost beat out of me so often it was only common sense to learn how to defend against that."

Jackal finishes the bite, her fangs sinking right into the fleshy chunk with ease, washing it down with that light beer.

"Can't say I have ever had someone actively want to know more about me, why is that? I highly doubt I am worth the trouble... And don't worry about my health, that kind of thinking is bad for business."

It was clear that she had connection issues, no doubt from her unrecorded past.

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

"I suppose that makes sense. You should probably start to rest though. Don't want to get burnt out when it comes to bounty hunting. It's fine getting burnt out for like an office job but..."

The Atoan nibbled away at her own sandwich, listening to Jackal talk about how she decided to find a way to defend against not having a blaster and Vitiion shrugged slightly, tapping her hand against the sword she was carrying on her hip.

"That's why I have this. I mean more...I only feel alive when I have a blaster in my hands. When I'm aiming down at targets and trying to take them out. It gives me a rush of adrenaline. Knowing that they're just a small amount of pressure away and then PEW, their head ends up looking like a doughnut."

Vitiion held her fingers out for a moment, making a little mock blast with her fingers at the service droid, as if she was pretending to blast its head open, grinning to herself before looking back over towards Jackal, raising an eyebrow as she was asked why she wanted to know more about Jackal and she shrugged her shoulders, sitting back in her chair for a moment.

"Because you look interesting. You might not think you're worth the trouble, but I do. I mean, I'm a cosmic fuck-up. I'm willing to go through trouble to try and get to know someone. If we're going to work together, well, I want to know you. I might want to hire you again in the future, or maybe even just hang out normally."

She hadn't really been expected to ask why she was interested in asking more about Jackal. Jackal just seemed unlike anyone she had ever met, so of course she wanted to know more.

"Jackal" "Jackal"

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar Shaddaa

She takes another chug of her beer, furrowing a brow as Vee described her as interesting to look at. After a moment she sets down her drink, wiping away some moisture lingering on her lips.

"You uh... Insulting me right now?"

Jackals says in a dead tone, soon bursting out in laughter.

"I'm fuckin with ya, nah I know I may look a little odd, it really only gets worse the deeper you go in that rabbit hole."

Was she going to explain? Nope, it wasn't important enough.

"Wait wait wait, you want to hang out with me? Me of all people... I- Well I am not sure you would fit in areas I tend to be, the lower sectors of Coruscant are filled with scum like me."

Was it perhaps brash to basically tell Vee no? Maybe, but yet again Jackal was warning her that she was not just a relaxed merc.

"Listen, I'm not offended or anything... I just think you wouldn't like to be around me if you knew me. You got a future ahead of you- or whatever it is people say."

In a way she was trying to be nice, not expecting this to go any further.

"Though it would be pretty funny if you had to arrest me one day, be warned that I get out of cuffs in a matter of seconds."

Jackal says in a playful yet proud tone, able to pop joints or bend her body beyond normality in order to escape or land difficult hits with ease.

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

The colour drained from her face as soon as Jackal asked if she was insulting her, but before Vee could actually explain no, the bounty hunter burst out into laughter, letting the Atoan let out a sigh of relief as she gave an awkward giggle. That was a relief at least, that she was joking with Vee and wasn't actually mad with her.

"I've headed down to the lower levels before. Not often, though I did save a guy after he got stabbed by a Sith or something. He was a pretty cool dude, he got me this fancy sniper."

Vee tapped the Ion Sniper she had with her, though she shrugged her shoulders in response to Jackal saying she wouldn't like her if she got to know the bounty hunter. It made sense, they weren't exactly the kind of people who would seemingly get along. Jackal had made it clear that she liked to break the law, whereas Vee was part of the defence force.

"I feel like I should be the one who gets to choose whether or not I'd like you if I got to know you. You'd be surprised at what I can like. I already have a feeling that you aren't a perfect citizen, or some sweet kind lady. Plus there's something about the erh...raw meat that concerns me. Mostly 'cause I don't like getting blood on myself. But that hasn't stopped me yet."

She nodded down at Jackal's plate, giving a chuckle afterwards. It was true though. Each one of those things were something that concerned Vee, but she was still interested either way as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Hm...If I did have to arrest you though, I guess I wouldn't use cuffs then. I'd find another way to keep you restrained. I'm not too sure how...Zapping you would be a bit too cruel...Plus there's a chance they might find out I hired you, and then I'd get arrested for being an associate."

Another small chuckle escaped her mouth as she thought about it. In a comedic reality, it would probably be Vee on a wild goose chase after Jackal, but in the actual reality, she doubted it would be more enjoyable.

"Either way...I can guess you aren't used to people caring about you, or wanting to get to know you, which I can understand. Just know, I won't judge you. As long as my friends or I don't get hurt, you're cool in my book."

"Jackal" "Jackal"

Last edited:

bw49b5y.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Nar Shaddaa

"Out of all things it is the raw meat that makes you think something is wrong? Never ran into any species that eat it raw before? I can eat it either way, I just like the metallic taste."

She sets her cleaned plate aside, that meal was needed for sure...

"It's alright if you arrest me, I can just get out again.. Though now that you mention it I have all the proof needed to blackmail you. Next time you work with the underworld you might want to come up with some lies, we all do it. Do you really think whatever data record you all had on me so long ago had the name Jackal on it?"

After casually explaining that she has also broke out of prisons along with cleaning her own data record, Jackal stashes away her knife back in the luggage.

"By all means if you wanna keep hangin around then go for it I guess, but you might see a lot more than just a bloody steak."

The last and final warning, she figured it was best to give three strikes...

"So, you all finished up? Or is there somewhere else you want to go?"

bw49b5y.png

VVVDHjr.png

"I mean your teeth also bring up a bit of a concern. I don't see many human looking people with big fangs."

Vee made little fang hand signals with her fingers, pretending to stick them out of her mouth. She was mostly trying to joke around with Jackal. Though the threat of using blackmail against the Sniper caused Vitiion to raise her eyebrows at the bounty hunter. Of course, it made sense at the end of the day but Vitiion shrugged her shoulders afterwards.

"No need to blackmail me anyway. If you needed my help with somethin', I'd probably help out. That's what friends do, and I'd say we're friends after having a meal together and a drink. I get that you have stuff you're keeping a secret, like your name, your records, stuff like that. I don't care. Just like the idea of shooting people with you. That's all."

And with that, she make her third strike, just pushing herself up to her feet and stretching her arms out once again, a small frown on the Sniper's face as she checked the time before giving a sharp nod.

"Yeah. It's best if we start moving out now. I need a couple of minutes to find a good spot to keep an eye out on the landing pad. Also need to give you some time to do...whatever you're gonna do."

"Jackal" "Jackal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom