Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Crime Always Pays | Black Sun

Butcher

B

butcher_topspacer.png

blacksun_ob2.png

"Well, would ya look at that--"

Butcher grunted with a grin under his mask, as he pointed one with hand cannon toward the white-haired fighter.

"--a damned lightsaber!"

The purple blade was like a beacon, it definitely caused the Enforcer to take note of the individual, and the usefulness of Cedwyn basically tripled. It wasn't every day that you were teamed up with someone who could rock a lightsaber - and, presumably - the Force, so that meant things were about to get very exciting.

"And ya better believe it, Blaidd," Butcher shouted, as the transport began to descend onto the landing pad of the Wheel, as it groaned with metallic touchdown. "It's time to rip these Novas a new one... you stay close to me, an' we'll have these mooks runnin' for their lives in no time."

The Black Sun Soldiers were ready.

The Enforcers were ready.

And the Novas didn't stand a chance.

"Let's move!"

The transport doors opened and Butcher jumped out, as he saw the open hangar bay with other Black Sun transports landed nearby, as the massive force began the assault. Ahead, several bay guards stood there, stunned, with the clear insignia of the Nova Crime Syndicate on their light armor... and without waiting for them to get smart about what was happening, Butcher raised his large pistols and fired:

* Choom! Choom! *

One guard managed to duck and run, the other was hit square in the chest, as the former made a mad dash for the nearby alarm panel...

Devil In A Tight Dress

blacksun_ob1.png
Arriving last to anything came with its own consequences- usually that people had already had a chance to assess the situation and each other It was different when you were late, you are immediately an outsider no matter the relationship between the other parties. It was then that she knew she only had a few precious moments to read the room before having to formulate a response to Aktur. Parvati understood that this was her one shot to impress them, to solidify herself and her brand in the galaxy. She could have her liquor in every bar in the galaxy, but if she didn't have the clout to back it up she was just rich, not powerful. With that in mind, she stiffened her stance, tossing her shoulders a little farther back, and walking closer to the group with confidence. The lights above would shine on her jet black hair, it seemingly bleeding into the rest of her outfit.

Her deep umber eyes bounced between those in front of her. There was a wide variety of people in the group. She noted that she wasn't the only woman in the group, which usually was a good thing, however in situations like these, some women found competition instead of comradery- something she would have to keep an eye on. She also noticed the Shistavanen, Xyoz whom she had seen during the overthrowing of the Hutts. On the other side, there was another unfamiliar face, a bearded man, someone Parvati could tell had a sinister side like herself. Finally, her gaze came back to Aktur, the head of the Black Sun, and apparently the one responsible for her presence at the meeting. Parvati had been rather proud of herself for finding out the information about the meeting, so finding out it was purposefully leaked made her a bit upset. This was quickly remedied when she reminded herself she was likely the only one who took advantage of the information and actually attended.

“The House of Parvati is your ticket into the heart of the galaxy.” Her eyes narrowed as she continued, “My alcohol is loved by everyone from the veterans lining the alleys on Kwenn Station to senators from the deep core and far beyond.” Now she had a confidence in her voice, she was finally in her element, it was like when she first pitched her idea for her first bar to investors on Nar Shaddaa. “My clubs are full of my girls who serve as my information network across the galaxy. No secret is safe from one of my girls. How else do you think I got here?” She gestured toward the group of people. “Since my business started on Nar Shaddaa, I had been forced to do business with the Hutts who stifled my opportunity for growth,” Parvati paused for a moment to look back at Aktur, “but we all know how that ended.” She let out a small, cocky laugh, “With their death came the death of the ludicrous taxes and tariffs they imposed.” Now she was in full stride with her message, confidence dripping from her words.

“You have proven your worth over the Hutts, now let me prove mine.” The mistress finished by grabbing the back of the empty chair before her, metaphorically staking her claim over it. “If you allow me a seat at this table, I can promise you a seat at every table in the mid-rim, an ear in every conversation, and a reach far beyond the dank shadows of a backwater spaceport.”

blacksun_ob2.png

Equipment: 2x Blaster pistols, blaster rifle, Echani vibrosword, Lightsaber
Outfit: This
Tag: Butcher | Oancah Shag Oancah Shag

Cedwyn nodded his head, he was happy to follow along with Butcher.

The guard that dodged the fire from Butcher felt their body yanked away before they reached the panel. Pulling them in close, Cedwyn's Lightsaber pierced through the light armour and killed the soldier. Pulling them off, he discarded the body to one side.

Looking over to Butcher with a lazy smirk, "well, don't want the Novas to know we're coming till we want them to know." He chuckled deeply.

Good thing about a Lightsaber and the Force, no door could hold you back too long, Cedwyn made sure any doors attempting to block them or lock them in were blown apart by the Force or sliced open by his Lightsaber. He was eager to find the opposition and give them hell, the bloodthirsty nature was kicking in. It had been a long time since he got to give into all his power and he was eager to demonstrate what a weapon he was. What he could do that no one else came close to being able to do.

"How many you think we gotta kill before they willingly surrender?" Cedwyn asked Butcher, curious to see how long this mission will take.

Parvati Parvati | Aktur Seii Aktur Seii | Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji | Jester Jester

A faction with ambition.

This was good.

It meant more money for their faction. The issue with the Hutts were that they believed they had the answer for everything. Ancestral shipyards making ancestral ships to wage war on ancestral worlds. It was as if even a millennia later the Hutts were still fighting some sort of family feud which had spiraled completely out of control.

There was no slack there, no desire to think further than their nose holes were long.

Max smiled.

"The dissolution of an Empire is not a trivial matter, mister Seii. As you are, I am sure, aware." He surveyed the rest of the people gathered here. "We have managed to inherit control of many holdings. The Tingel Arm is currently a chaotic place, but our far-reaching connections into the Imperial apparatus has allowed us to smoothly continue operations."

At times it was as little as changing automated protocols to redivert shipments from now-defunct Imperial barracks to their group's warehouses. Sometimes it meant purchasing whole former Imperial patrols, before they could revert into bandits or other menaces.

"We have the ability to provide many things. Frigates, yes, capital ships... perhaps." The answer was yes. Several recently build capital ships (from cruisers up to battleships) were discovered in the dry docks. Right before they would have been sent to the frontlines. The value involved in them... just a single one of them could probably fuel a single branch of the Black Sun for months to come. "But also smaller, yet important things, like arms, armor, up to armored vehicles."

The web that Max was painting in front of them was delicious.

If he spoke the truth his group was capable of providing a vivisection of an entire Imperial legion to them.

He glanced over to Parvati and the smile shifted to a smirk. "All of it less fun than alcohol and secrets coaxed out by lovely sentients, but equally important I believe."

blacksun_ob1.png

Objective: Meet with the Vigos
Tags: Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji Maximilian Baize Maximilian Baize Parvati Parvati
Inventory: In bio

"Excuse the cloak and dagger, but we need to maintain some degree of clandestine measure, so as to avoid a fate similar to criminal empires in the past. Welcome to the big table... hopefully you prove suitable to the seat. So, tell me, what you can offer Black Sun? What do you bring to the table for the syndicate?"

Reeva gave a pilote shrug with a smile at as Aktur Seii Aktur Seii made a way of apology for the secretive nature, it wasn't her to question it, and she thoroughly understood the nature of their business and she grinned baring her teeth when he alluded to the fate of the last syndicate that had been too blasé about their security. "Well, I can offer myself, I don't have the vast wealth of hordes of territory that some of the others at this table might bring. But I'm good at what I do" she pointed to her sword, a weapon that had been made for her as a reward for her service to a minor Vigo in the Black Sun. "I have a web of connected and like minded couriers around the galaxy which help move things around, people, goods, fine alcohol" She raised her glass to the woman who had introduced herself as Parvati Parvati that was a name that had crossed her lips many times at bars.

It was true, Jester had tangibly the least to bring in to the Black Sun right now if they were looking for a dowry for a seat, it would have to be her reputation and proven usefulness to the syndicate but she would not let that shake her confidence and her desire to get what she wanted. She placed her glass on the table "On a more personal note, I am an excellent dancer, and I'm told I'm not bad to look at either?" she laughed, clearly joking, and ran her fingers through the side of her hair which subtly revealed her small black sun tattoo behind her ear to anyone watching closely enough. She had a lot of tatoos that she was very proud of and didn't mind sharing to the right person. She looked across at Parvati Parvati the woman had given her a slightly inquisitive look when she arrived, which made Jester curious how the club owner might perceive her.

Another man speaking caught her attention...
The Tingel Arm is currently a chaotic place

"Ah yes, the Tingel Arm, its a shame about the crusaders there collaping in on themselves, but my contacts in the Midas Web tell me that business is booming" the Midas Web had never been big players, but for a time had been pretty much the only player in Ashlan space so had cut themselves out a small business empire.

divider.png

"Xyoz, Hyena, whatever works, 'suppose."

Look at that, people knew his name. Or she was just asking it to make sure she didn't get it wrong. Didn't matter to him, that was big. Strangers knowing who he was. Wait was that a good thing or a bad thing?

Eh. He didn't think on it long. Instead he leaned back in his seat, glancing around the table as he listened in. Lit up a spice packed cigar for little more than showmanship. He couldn't get high, but hey. Smoking made him look cool as hell.

Or something.

".. Wait frigrates n' chit? Ain't that army chit? We goin' into merc army or somethin' now? I get big ambitions, but gettin' big ships n' chit for ourselves just puts us in the crosshairs. Empire went gone, Maw went gone, all kinds o' folks went gone. Meanin' them good natured Jedi folk gonna be looking for someone else to stop from bein' bad. Even sellin' big ticket items like that are gonna put us on all kinds o' radars."

Jester Jester | Parvati Parvati | Maximilian Baize Maximilian Baize | Aktur Seii Aktur Seii

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ
blacksun_ob1.png

aktur_spacer_new2.png

It was time to learn more about the prospectives.

Aktur turned in his chair and looked toward Parvati, an especially attractive humanoid that knew it, as she began to speak about what the House of Parvati could provide. The accessibility and spread of the beverage business was impressive, as Aktur recalled that even Nexus had stock, though he had yet to try it. He would. And then the clubs, which were always a good source of financial gain, with the added benefit of being privy to many a sentient's secrets.

"Nar Shaddaa was choked by the Hutts own greed, very true," Aktur nodded. "I look forward to seeing how you grow and expand your enterprises. I also have some holdings on the planet... we should speak another time."

Then Maximilian spoke, as Aktur turned and listened with an interested ear. The ex-Imperial spoke of the Tingel Arm, and how the Empire had left quite the mess in that region of space, though as Aktur expected that was only seen as advantage by Mr. Baize. A very capable businessman, Black Sun had sought out his business quite readily, and had been impressed with dealings.

"Weapons and armor, certainly, land vehicles, yes," Aktur nodded with a smile. "And I feel that, while you are not considering a position as a Vigo - yet - the offer is there, my friend. Also, our continued business with you and yours is desirable for Black Sun, and if you find an offer against our favor, know that we will exceed it - credits make the galaxy go around, after all."

Then Reeva shared her expertise, and while not to the scale of the others, they were no less important. The capacity to move shipments, product, sentients or other things was vital to many businesses, especially those that dwelt in the underworld. While Reeva's operations were smaller, at present, the prospect of expansion and versatility and providing a more comprehensive service in that area had brought her to the meeting - as well as her past dedication to Crimson Dawn - or, more accurately Black Sun - which had noticed and noted.

"Potential is certainly a currency, Ms. Jiondee, and Black Sun have seen your value and would benefit from your continued growth and expansion in your field. Granted, going beyond that into other areas is entirely viable and encouraged, but certainly your couriering and transporting avenues are of particular interest to Black Sun on the onset... needless to say, you will have what you need to carve your slice in the market."

With a chuckle, Aktur turned to Xyoz.

"Don't misunderstand, Vigo Maji," the dark-haired sentient said with a calm movement of his hands. "When I mention vessels typically fielded for armies, I don't mean to infer that we will be blazing a bloody path across the galaxy. More, consider that the galaxy is a dangerous place and it is much better to have a big gun in the holster and not need it, as the saying goes..."

Aktur looked to Maximilian.

"And that is why our friend, Mr. Baize is attending, as he will begin assisting us in the acquisition of being prepared. It is no secret that the Sith Order have started to turn eyes in the southern Outer Rim, and given our dealings with them - and different less-than-desirables - we should have the means to defend what is ours."

With a clear of his throat, the Head of Black Sun leaned forward and clasped his hands together on the table.

"This brings us to the crux of this meeting. Vigos. As some of you may know, the Vigo is an important position of leadership, one that is presented to those able to provide - and provide big - for the syndicate. Yet, riches alone are not enough, it also takes a bright mind, a canny and enterprising sentient, while also being dedicated to the pursuits of Black Sun and being connected to its fate.

"Each Vigo oversees a portion of Black Sun operations, they move the pieces on the Dejarik board, whether our Enforcers or Soldiers or Assassins, and you play for big stakes. You are not alone, however, as each Vigo supports the other as necessary, because failure for one of us is failure for all of us. Black Sun is connected as a whole - do not forget that."

Aktur looked to Jester and Parvati.

"You are both being offered this chance. Vigos. Do you wish to know anything further before giving your responses?"

Butcher

B
butcher_topspacer.png

blacksun_ob2.png

Butcher couldn't help but laugh as he watched the display, as the guard was pulled over with the Force and skewered.

"I like tha way ya work, Blaidd," the masked man wiped at an eye whole in his mask, as he chuckled. "And I can tell ya that blade is gonna be helpful as hell."

Time blurred, as the chaos began. Between the Black Sun soldiers, the sliced up doors and Novas thanks to Blaidd, and Butcher firing off his hand cannons, it was a beautiful and bloody mess. The syndicate moved into the region, they moved corridor to corridor, they spared none that tried to face them.

"Seems they didn't expect us to come in so heavy, huh?" Butcher shouted over the sounds of battle, as he hunkered against a blast door corner. "Dunno 'bout you, but this is some of the most fun I've had in a while! Watch your left, Blaidd!"

Butcher ducked back as a torrent of blaster fire spattered the metal wall near him.

Looked like the Novas had brought out some portable turrets.

An E-web.

"Ya think you can handle that gun emplacement, blades?"

Butcher turned and motioned with his mask toward the set up along the corridor, as he grinned inside the mask at Cedwyn.

"Fifty creds say ya take a hit before stoppin' it!"

blacksun_ob1.png

Objective: Meet with the Vigos
Tags: Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji Maximilian Baize Maximilian Baize Parvati Parvati

Inventory: In bio

Jester listened quietly to Aktur Seii Aktur Seii speak, going person to person around the table, including to her. She totally understood the sentiment of weilding a big gun in the hope you didn't need to get into a proper fight, her courier ship was an old imperial corvette after all. When he arrived at her, she was pleased that her current lower standing did not put her so far beyond the others as to make her irrelevant, she had a lot of ambition to find her own place.

"You are both being offered this chance. Vigos. Do you wish to know anything further before giving your responses?"

Then the offer came, Jester smiled at the head of the syndicate, "Hmmm, anything more to know... before I accept an offer of everything I could wish for. Is there a good new tattoo I need to find space for?" she laughed and raised her glass again. "I suppose just details really, if this is a spatial territorial role or operational territory, nothing that I suspect would change my decision on the matter."

This was good, the combinations of her existing connections and the reach of being a Vigo would grant her immeasurable oppurtunity. Maybe she would find out that she wasn't right for the role, but that would only make it even more exciting, and drive the young Miralian on to prove herself, and if she couldnt, she wouldn't have to worry about it for long with the Black Sun's famed ruthlessness for operational security. She considered her fixed assets too, currently limited to a few small based dotted around the galaxy for rest, refueling and hiding, she wondered if she would be asked to permanently locate.

blacksun_ob3.png

Chaos on the lower levels of the Spire. Madclaw hacked his way through guards with wild abandon, reveling in the slaughter of those who had once been his captors not so many years ago.

He slowed his violent charge to a halt as he nearly ran into several escaping parties. One of whom was his contact on the inside.

"Vero," the Wookiee's mentalism whispered outward, so that all could hear in their minds. "You started without me."

Behind the Wookiee and his glowing greatsaber, a trail of corpses, arms and legs separated from torsos, some cleaved in half with reckless disregard for the careful cutting strokes designated by Jedi instruction.

Vero Kene | Sinder Sinder | Nira Valis Nira Valis

blacksun_ob2.png

Equipment: 2x Blaster pistols, blaster rifle, Echani vibrosword, Lightsaber
Outfit: This
Tag: Butcher

Cedwyn chuckled deeply, "well, Lightsabers and the Force can be very helpful when your opponents don't have anyone with similar skill levels."

It seemed that the first few movements into the base were simple enough and that Cedwyn was able to work his magic in keeping opponents off Butcher's back as well as ensuring that they could always push forward and keep the pressure on the Novas so that they had no time to garner a full defence and fight back. Well, that had been Cedwyn's main objective until he heard the E-web power up and launch its first torrent of blasts towards them. Cedwyn kept behind cover and looked over to Butcher.

"Fifty creds? That's it. Seems a small price to pay. But you are on." There were other ways that Cedwyn could handle this, use the rifle on his back to fire a headshot but the chances of being hit before he could was hit. Using Force Lightning was doable as well, that would be a fun explosion that he would cause though, he felt unsure that the bet would go in his favour if shrapnel got embedded in him from said explosion.

Rolling his shoulders, Cedwyn closed his eyes and fuelled the Force into his muscles. If he was going to beat this E-web then he had to move faster than the Nova soldier could think possible for a being to move.

Using his Lightsaber to deflect and block any stray shots coming his way, Cedwyn moved with inhuman agility. His breathing steady as he slashed against the soldier using the turret and then released the burst of speed that the Force had granted him. Shaking off the wooziness of switching from very fast to normal speed of events.

Checking the area was clear before he called out, Cedwyn's laugh could be heard clearly, "I mean, if there was two then I might have had a real challenge on my hands!" His shirt raised to present unharmed chest to Butcher, all there seemed to be were the marks of old wounds long healed.

"Next one is yours, double or nothing you can do the same trick!" Cedwyn winked.

Aktur Seii Aktur Seii | Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji | Parvati Parvati | Jester Jester

Max inclined his head.

"Your concern is well-found, Vigo Maji. As of right now the Alliance believes most of their opponents have collapsed under their own weight and some calculated chair-cutting by their own hand. This means the Sun can operate in relative obscurity without the eyes of the Galaxy's biggest law enforcer looking over your shoulder." The Maw had collapsed quite beautifully under the pressure of the Alliance's onslaught. The Empire followed almost immediately and didn't even require a war.

The Sun had taken care of the Hutts.

"But the most profitable opportunities often require putting yourself at least somewhat on the radar. You cannot make an geejaw omelette without getting some of their eggs and breaking them, can you?"

It was no surprise that Aktur wished to recruit his organization to the Black Sun proper. The man hadn't gotten where he was now by ignoring opportunities staring him right in the face. Furthermore, the position of Vigo sounded appealing to Max, it truly did, but he valued his own independence just as well.

Max didn't get where he was by betting all his money on the one egg.

Sometimes you needed multiple geejaw eggs to make the tastiest omelette du fromage.

"In the spirit of solidifying forming friendships..." He gestured over his shoulder and an Imperial security droid came marching in with big chest, putting it carefully on the table.

"...if I may?" First making sure that Max had Seii's permission and once he did? Opening it up and revealing the contents. A load of Revealer devices in use by the Imperial legions for quite a while. "The last thing the Sun wants is to be surveilled by the Law, I imagine. With these devices you will know when and where someone is attempting to listen into your operations."

He took a step back and smiled.

"This shipment is on the house, of course."

blacksun_ob3.png
The chaos in the cell the group started in was nothing compared to the chaos that erupted as soon as they opened the door. Blaster bolts whizzed past all their faces when they started advancing. Sinder used his tactical knowledge to take cover and shoot when there was a lull, taking out security guards and inmates alike. None were going to get in the way of his freedom. The fighting lasted for a while, the slow approach toward the main hall on the floor was eventually littered with bodies. Using his sheer size, Sinder protected his new allies from damage. He took a few blaster bolts in the exchanges, but nothing that would knock him over. He would have to get treated after this, however.

The group would fight their way through a few levels of the same thing. Alarms blaring, and violence erupting. Sinder's gun was constantly trained on the battle in front of him, having to exchange blasters multiple times when his would inevitably run out of ammo. A few times he used his natural weapons to take down enemies, and by the time they ran into Madclaw, Sinder's fur was covered in blood, most of it around his mouth. The Trainni would appear to be a rabid animal to most species, but if there was anyone that would understand the blood rage, it would be a Wookiee.

When Madclaw approached, Sinder almost started blasting, but he had quick enough reflexes to know that there was no way a prisoner would have a lightsaber, and the sawed in half security forces told him he also wasn't with the prison. He figured this Wookiee was the cause of whatever large blast had happened previously. When the Dark Jedi started communicating with Sinder, however, his ears folded back. There was an innate hatred the mercenary had for the Force users, and it was nearly impossible for him to hide it.

"I do not appreciate your Jedi mind games." Sinder hissed. He knew he was not in a position to fight this hulking monster, but he couldn't help himself. "I see you have cleared your own path to us." Sinder's tail was flicking back and forth as he spoke. "Are you friend or foe to those who helped your friend Vero." The Trianii's yellow eyes narrowed as he spoke to Madclaw. He would defend himself if needed, but he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Vero Kene The Madclaw The Madclaw Nira Valis Nira Valis

Vero Kene

V

blacksun_ob3.png

Unspuirsingly, having a creature of pure rage and muscle fighting at your side made things remarkably easy. The group made their way down the prison corridors as utter chaos continued to spread throughout the facility. The prisoners knew better than to try and attack the group, though a few still tried their luck and met the same fate as the countless guards who lay dead behind them, either through blaster fire or having their bones broken and their flesh torn by the mighty creature who led the charge toward glorious escape. As they rounded a corner, they finally arrived with their escort to freedom.

The Dark Jedi had been key to ensuring the chaos that now consumed the facility as well as clearing a path to a true escape. Certainly, they could have escaped the cells easily enough, but acquiring a ship and fleeing the planet was another task entirely. Luckily, the Wookie had provided all they needed, though, of course, his price was slaughter and bloodshed. Frankly, he should get along with the other fur-covered monster that had begun to grow on Vero. Unfortunately, the mental communication was seemingly more unpleasant for Sinder Sinder than it was for Vero, causing immediate tension.

Stepping in front of the Trianii, Vero looked at Dark Jedi with a small smile.

"I don't know what you mean! It seems you are just on time. Come now, don't tell me you didn't enjoy carving a path for us to follow?"

Looking back at Sinder and Nira Valis Nira Valis , Vero lets out a deep exhale before speaking to them.

"It seems as if we are to be free of this horrid place at last. My friends, our wonderfully terrifying friend here was kind enough to offer us a safe route to leave this facility. Now you need not come with us, but I would strongly encourage that we leave now before we have to deal with whatever else the scum in this place has to throw at us."

Vero moved then, joining the Wookie as he slung the blaster rifle over one shoulder and carefully wipes some stray blood from his face that most assuredly was not his.

"You made quite a mess of the place, Madclaw. Let's leave before you have to kill more of the facility's wonderful staff."

Devil In A Tight Dress

blacksun_ob1.png
The mistress took to silence as Aktur spoke to the group. She listened with intent as he went around the table, addressing each member personally. It was already a good sign that she hadn't been asked to leave. It meant that her plea had likely worked. This moment was huge for her, years of planning and careful movements had lead to this. If she were to be allowed into the upper echelons of the Syndicate, it would change her life forever. She would be given respect and power unlike she had ever known before. There would be expectations of her though, and if she were able to meet those would still be seen, but she was hungry and eager.

Her dark brown eyes darted form person to person, taking in their words as well. The Shistavanen, Xyox made a good point, that they would be putting a target on their back if they were to invest in military ship and weapons. However, Parvati figured that they had likely already done that by cutting the throats of the Hutts, even with the chaos of the galaxy imploding on itself, the echoes of that were likely heard across the stars. The target on their back was already there, and making a move like this may be risky. Wartime was not the woman's strong suit, so she decided to leave those affairs to Aktur and the rest of them.

Her interests and expertise lied more along the lines of Jester. People and information was her currency, well, that and actual currency. If there were an uttering of retaliation by the Alliance or the Jedi, or even the Sith, Parvati would likely be able to find out before most. Combined with Jester, the syndicate would likely be able to intercept most transmissions if they knew what they were looking for. This would help strengthen the Syndicate as a whole. Finally, their leader turned his attention to the girls, offering them a seat at the big table. This was the moment she had been waiting for, and it was very empowering to be sharing it with the only other woman in the room, even if Parvati hadn't been able to size her up yet.

The mistress let Jester speak, nodding her head as she listened. The job itself was a no-brainer, and she would do whatever it took to secure it, however, its expectations were unknown. As she had told herself countless times, this was her destiny, and she was realizing her true potential. When Jester finished, Parvati spoke up, hoping to let Aktur answer them both at the same time. "I would also like to know if this is going to impact my business. I am very willing to extend my fortune to help the expansion of our Syndicate, but escaping the Hutts I was hoping to avoid extensive tariffs." She turned her body toward the group as she spoke. "I do not mean with absence of loyalty, I am pledged to the Black Sun, and our success is my success, I just need to know what to tell my financial managers." Parvati smiled as she finished, hoping to show a less callous side. Joking wasn't really her thing.

Soon after, Max had called in the devices he was using as a peace offering- something Parvati had wished she thought of. Although, with how tightly security frisked her, they likely wouldn't have allowed bottles of outside alcohol to be brought in. She was impressed by the use of these gifts, and she would make sure to use it in her more clandestine operations. She waited to react until the rest of the group did, to see if they trusted Max's offering. Even in positions like this, it was hard for the woman to be trusting off the cuff.
Aktur Seii Aktur Seii Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji Jester Jester Maximilian Baize Maximilian Baize

blacksun_ob3.png

They eyed each other, Trianii and Wookiee, two apex predators amidst the killing field. Smell of blood in their nostrils. Stench of death in the air, an acrid odor curling in black tendrils from blaster and saber wounds.

Grozkalla opened his mouth, a series of warbles and growls issued forth, incomprehensible to any who had not studied shyriiwook. Nor could a human throat replicate it. He did not know if a Trianii's could.

"Friend? No. I am the spider who spun this web. The escape is my design. Nor do I play games with your mind, feline. Faster this way. Simpler."

He turned and gestured back up the stairs, up the gore-smeared, body littered way he had come.

"A shuttle waits."

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ
blacksun_ob1.png

aktur_spacer_new2.png

Aktur listened to each, as he nodded and gave the individual attentiveness. He felt that was key to establishing positive relationships, ones built on mutual respect, where there was no doubt as to the importance of each sentient present, no matter the status within the syndicate. Aktur may have been the head, but everyone at the table was vital to Black Sun expanding to become the ultimate influence and power in the underworld.

The gift from Maximilian was appreciated, and addressed first, as Aktur reached out and picked up the device.

"Thank you, Mr. Baize," the crime lord said as he studied the small object, a smile on his face. "I had heard of Revealers, though admit I haven't used them before. I will certainly delve into the practical applications, and your offer is appreciated--"

Aktur reached down to his part of the table, where he tapped several seemingly invisible keys.

"--and to show equal interest in mutual friendship, here is out first offer for business. You will find details for the purchase of arms, armor, and personal troop vehicles. As you say, working up to the larger vessels seems prudent. For now, more immediate resource sourcing."

The price was competitive, or even more so possibly generous, but Aktur wanted to secure a firm understanding of what both could gain from the onset.

"And I will answer both of your questions..."

Aktur turned to look between Jester and Parvati.

"How you approach personal financials remains your own. Black Sun is the unified pursuit of criminal and underworld expansion, mutual gain for all involved, with the expectation of fair participation. That said, I understand you each may have your own agendas or goals... and by all means, I encourage you to pursue those."

The crime lord smiled.

"I personally have several legitimate businesses and enterprises that have no connection to Black Sun. I fully expect the same. All the syndicate demands, is that any efforts - operational or spatial, or financial or otherwise - that are specific to Black Sun, remain focused for Black Sun. Your own business remains yours. Though do not mix the two. Draw a definitive line, where one begins and the other ends, and maintain that separation to avoid complications... it makes everything so much simpler.

"Just remember, as Vigos, our goals are aligned and Black Sun should benefit from your appointment to the position. Not the other way around. Using the syndicate to personally gain is not the intent."

Aktur felt that explained the situation. Each could do as they wished, so long as Black Sun got the attention it required, and the resources to continue expanding. Beyond that, personal endeavors were acceptable and encouraged, so long as Black Sun maintained its growth as well...

"I feel confident appointing our prospectives as Vigos. Do you agree, Vigo Xyoz?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom