Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Creature in the Wood

Olba Forest, Ascania Region, Ukatis

While the capital of Ukatis was a sprawling city that eagerly approached modern technology standards, the vast majority of the planet was dotted with rural villages and towns. An internal civil war had rocked the planet fifteen years ago, a catastrophic struggle that still weighed heavily in the minds of the people.

Now out from under the yoke of an isolationist ruler, Ukatis slowly entered onto the galactic stage. Life had been relatively peaceful since then.

Until now, apparently.

The Harvest Festival had passed a few weeks ago, of which many off-worlders had been in attendance. Though they'd meshed well with the Ukatians, strange happenings had been cropping up in the wake f the celebration. Fertility had been gradually sapped from the soil for years, but now even the hardy native flora of the forested lands were dying at a concerning rate.

Then came reports of the attacks. Wild creatures, almost demonic in appearance were terrorizing those who'd tread into the woods.

As the spearhead of an investigational effort, a trio of soldiers lead by Corazona were making their way along the perimeter of the woodlands.

"Can't we just…tell people to not go into the forest?" One of the soldiers ventured. He held his nerve, but his vibrosword had been drawn for good measure while his gaze darted around. An eerie feeling pervaded the air, as did the barest touch of darkside influence. "Problem solved, right?"

The voidstone wedding ring on her finger numbed Cora enough from the Force to be able pick up on the thread of darkness that had seeped into the woods. Still, her instincts told her that something was wrong.

"That is not sustainable." Came her curt answer while scanning the brush. "The people in Olba village collect mushrooms and other wild plants that grow here—some of which can't be found anywhere else. The land isn't able to produce enough to feed them, so they sustain off of small game as well."

She nearly clicked her tongue. These soldiers were from the capital city of Axilla and had likely never seen a farming implement in their lives.

Still, this was a problem that was to be kept only in whispers until she had more pieces of the puzzle.

Braze Braze

Braze was supposed to be running a few errands before the return trip home but he had the chance to eavesdrop on a group of locals who had been chattering about some off rumors. He had the luck of hearing about a group of officials that were going to investigate and decided to skip the errands and run some reconnocence of his own. He had successfully tracked them down and had been trailing them for a short while trying to suppress the sounds he made. All was going well. Braze thought he might find out something of vital importance and beagle to bring that back to one of the adults later. He didn't think about the Possible repercussions of wandering off on this level escapade without telling anyone where he was going and shirking his errands. This was indeed a very dangerous and dubious self-made missive. However, everything was going rather well that is until he tripped over a tree root causing a minor rustling in the brush nearby.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Last edited:
The further they ventured into the forest, the more noticeable the rot became. The lush green landscape had begun to wilt and thin out in spots.

Something stirred in a nearby bush. Cora whirled around on her heel, drew the blaster from her waistband, and fired two stun bolts in the direction of the noise.

A heavy silence hung over the small group. Several seconds passed before two of the soldiers ventured closer to bramble, weapons drawn in case whatever the Princess has fired at became angry.

Braze Braze

Braze was certainly surprised to say the least. He had been struck by the stun bolt grazing his shoulder. He went still and slack having not been expecting the sudden shock that overwashed his form. His left hand twitched as the muscled spammed briefly, but he fell limp in shock rag dolling onto the brush.

He was relatively young and he carried with him a training saber as his only weapon at his hip hidden amidst the earth tone colored robes.

Beaze was rendered as helpless as a sleeping kitten for rhe time being.

Last edited:
The bolt struck something. Something big, if the way that the bush rattled had been any indication.

Two of the soldiers approached carefully, drawing back the brush on either side to reveal the stunned heap of a human child on the forest floor.

Upon seeing that she'd struck a person, Cora gasped sharply, holstered her blaster and scrambled to his side.

"Goodness! Are you alright? I'm so sorry for hitting you; I thought you were a…"

Kneeling by the boy, her voice drifted away as she placed a hand on his shoulder. The clothes he wore were not that of a peasant child, but the robes of a Jedi initiate. The same robes she'd once worn.

Eyes wide, Cora put her other hand on the Padawan's other shoulder and attempted to prop him up.

"It'll wear off soon." She murmured soothingly.

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze lay motionless in her arms with his eyes open and dull. They were a soft pale jade hue and he had visible small scars on his face and hands. Notably, he lacked any braids or beads that would actually mark him as someone's apprentice but she was absolutely right in his clothing choices. He did have a simple training saber with him presently. One could surmise he was a student likely here for educational purposes but why in the whole galaxy was he out here stalking after them in the shadows of the night?

Braze was a little more accustomed than most of his peers to being in the heat of physically demanding and detrimental situations and this was far from the first time he'd been shot with stun bolts. However, this was the first time he was shot completely off guard and unaware. It took about fifteen minutes before he suddenly drew a sharp inhalation of air and stirred with a startled motion in her arms as his white eyelashes fluttered as cognizance and real consciousness came back to him. He looked at her with a stark harrowed expression laced with incredulous demeanor. " I.... I ----!" Perhaps he was just startled by how breathtakingly beautiful she was and how he had woken in her loving embrace and he was in shock and awe of how stunning she was and couldn't draw breath nor fathom the words? He did take a moment to take a breath and continued.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SHOT ME!" he just about squealed with all the ire of an angsty young teen as he tried to push himself away from her.

Cora waved away the soldiers, ordering them back to the village to retrieve medical assistance. While they were hesitant to leave their Princess alone in the woods with a strangely dressed unconscious boy, they'd only be a short distance away.

That, and Cora had insisted, which meant that they complied. To some degree, at least. Two soldiers left to fetch help while the third stood guard at the perimeter of the forest with eyes on his charge.

For her part, Cora was curious about the Jedi boy. If the voidstone wedding band on her finger hadn't obscured her connection to the Force, then perhaps she could've gleaned more about him as he rested in her arms.

Verdant green eyes slivered open, gazing at her hazily. Cora smiled, relieved to see that he was awake. With his snow white hair and youthful features, he had an almost ethereally angelic appearance.

That was, until he started yelling and recoiled violently from her.

Stunned into inaction, Cora allowed the boy to scramble from her grasp while she processed the situation.

Then, the refined demeanor of a Princess fell away.

"I wouldn't have shot you if you weren't creeping around in the bushes like a stalker!" She hollered, pointing a finger aggressively at the boy.

Clambering to her feet, hands on her hips, Cora was immediately put on the defensive.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" She demanded with a haughty sneer.

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Without missing a beat Braze who was adjusting his attire pointed an accusatory hand gesturing to all of her. " Well, I wouldn't have been following you if you weren't being so sketchy in the woods!" Braze just about huffed. he didn't seem to know who she was talking to let alone what she was-- or perhaps he just simply didn't care and was so politically tone-deaf not to realize his own demeanor could have been better.

The petulant little padawan- hopeful straightened his clothing out smoothing his robes as if offended she had held him so close, dusting himself off as if he might have caught some unseen disease by being in her presence. " I still can't believe you actually shot me!" He just about squeaked as his voice cracked briefly from the amount of flustered emotional emphasis he put to it. He coughed covering his mouth as he turned away from her a flushed color flooding his feature up to the tips of his ears as he tried to cover up his voice being odd and doing odd things. "Besides... I heard there was some trouble with a beast-y in the woods... I can't very well help if there's a whole retinue of men tromping around the woods alerting it to our presence. Being out in the open is dumb!" He argued defiantly. Never mind the fact he was here on a training sabbatical and yet again wandered away from his group for his own adventure and escapades. Yeah, that's right, he could definitely go off and discover the problem and single-handed resolve it all on his own before the break of dawn and he'd be a real hero. At least these were likely Braze's delusions of grandeur for himself.

Cora gasped, clearly taken aback. This was not the first time she had been challenged—some her fellow Padawans during her time with the Jedi had not been impressed with her initial haughty behavior—but she never quite got used to it.

"Sketchy? Well, I never! How dare you speak to me in such a way, you, you…"

Her upper lip curled.

"You little brat!"

The soldier who'd been at the edge of the woods reached them, brandishing a virbrosword at Braze.

"Get away from the Princess you--!"

"I can handle it!" Cora whipped around and snarled at the guard, leveling a finger at him. The soldier gawked, clearly surprised by her ungraceful behavior, but backed down.

"And as for you-"

Turning on her heel, she looked the young man up and down. He was about her height, but his youthful features and crackling voice indicated that he was likely a few years younger than her. Perhaps, she was extra irritated that he was not one of her old sparring partners. "We did not request assistance from any Jedi for this particular task."

She flicked a hand, waving him away.

"You are dismissed."

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
"I never asked for your 'permission' nor your approval. " Braze huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

"Listen, 'Princess', you can't boss me around; You're not my keeper and you can't just get rid of me by pouting and making demands. I'm not one of your body guards you ca just order around. But if you want me to go back to my creche Masters I'll be happy to tell them how you 'brutally attacked me in the woods unprovoked, and LITERALLY SHOT ME!' I'm sure it will be fun for you to explain." Braze huffed seemingly very not happy with this strange girl trying to order him about as if he were one of her servants.

Braze was not having this. He was not going to be ordered around like some child- Despite the fact he basically was one. His anger was getting the better of him and he was throwing a tantrum of his own in a way as he turned about on his heel suddenly.

"Fine! I'll leave then. But only because you seem to think you know best. If you really think you're capable of handling yourself, fine. " Braze bristled before starting off deeper in to the woods!

One moment, she couldn't get rid of him—and the next, he was stomping off.

Cora scoffed at the childish display, while miraculously managing to ignore her own egotistical behavior.

"I'll have you know that I'm more than capable of handling-"

Fists curled and teeth gnashing, Cora was distinctly reminded of a number of similar encounters she'd had as a fledgling Jedi. Her haughtiness had been tempered both by war and a growing sense of camaraderie, but it seemed that her current station gave her the platform to act arrogant again.

Well, more arrogant.

Taking in a steady breath through her teeth, Cora held it, then exhaled her simmering anger.

"You may be a Jedi, but that doesn't mean that you can conquer everything!"

Firm but even, she called out after the Padawan, jogging to catch up to him.

"Master Noble will have my head if you end up mauled to death under my watch." Huffing under her breath, Cora took a moment to truly wonder if she'd be responsible for this kid's hypothetical death.

"And if you don't want to get shot at, I'd suggest leaving the forest entirely. But if you insist on staying in pursuit of whatever has been attacking people, I suppose I could allow you to accompany me."

The offer of a lifetime, clearly.

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze's smirk widened as he walked alongside her, his tone laced with playful confidence. He was thoroughly convinced that he had figured out her true motive. His assumption was clear: she needed his protection, and he was more than willing to provide it.

Braze paused and looked back at her and smirked. It was a wry sly smirk... the kind of smirk that someone gave when they knew something no one else didn't. It lingered briefly as he slowed his gait as she caught up to him.

"That's okay Princess, you don't have to act tough around me. I'll be happy to keep you safe from the spooky forest monsters. "
His words carried a touch of teasing as if he was indulging in a secret shared between them. In his mind, he imagined himself as the fearless hero, ready to face any lurking danger that awaited them in the eerie forest. It never occurred to him that she might have her own reasons for seeking his company.

As they ventured deeper into the darkness, Braze maintained a sense of bravado, his steps purposeful and his senses alert. He felt a surge of excitement, relishing the opportunity to prove himself in the face of the unknown. After all, what better way to impress someone than by bravely facing the lurking monsters that haunted the woods?

Unbeknownst to Braze, his assumptions and overconfidence would soon be put to the test. Little did he realize that the true nature of the darkness that enveloped them was far more complex and perilous than he could ever imagine.

Cora didn't know which she disliked more. The arrogant child who snarled at her, or the arrogant child who acted smarmy with her.

Her upper lip curled in disgust at his attitude.

"See to it that you do not drag me down. I've no need of dead weight."

In any event, a Jedi would be useful. She didn't realize it, but Cora was deeply jealous of his unhindered ability to connect with the Force. Idly, she twirled her wedding ring—Makko had said that something didn't feel right about it, but she assumed that he was uneasy with what it represented. Still, ever since her marriage to Horace she'd had trouble feeling the esoteric energies she'd felt all her life. It was akin to losing a sense of smell or taste. You didn't realize what you had until it was absent.

The soldiers, having been stationed at the perimeter of the woods, were to contact her if something went awry.

A rustling in a nearby bush would catch their attention for a split second. Then, like a projectile, a creature the size of a small dog burst from the foliage, hissing and spitting. As she dove out of the way, Cora's blaster skittered to the ground.

The growling racyon, possessed with a thick cloud of Dark energy, would launch itself at Braze, intent on mauling the white-haired Jedi.

Braze Braze

As Braze cautiously navigated the forest, his attention focused on the path ahead, he suddenly found himself under attack from an unexpected adversary. With a mischievous glint in its eyes, a racyon darted out from behind a tree, chittering loudly as it lunged towards him.

Caught off guard, Braze stumbled backward, his arms flailing in an attempt to ward off the furry assailant. The racyon seemed determined to assert its dominance, its tiny paws swiping at Braze's legs in a comically frenzied manner.

"Hey, wait! Hold on!" Braze shouted, his voice filled with a mix of surprise and amusement. He hopped and danced in a clumsy attempt to evade the racyon's relentless assault, but the persistent critter showed no signs of backing down.

As Braze hopped from one foot to another, the racyon's antics grew even more entertaining. It somersaulted through the air, narrowly missing Braze's outstretched hand, and then scurried up a nearby tree, peering down at him with an odd expression.

With lightning speed, the racyon launched itself at Braze, claws extended and teeth bared, unleashing a flurry of attacks. Braze's reflexes kicked in, and he instinctively raised his arms to shield himself from the onslaught. The racyon, undeterred by his feeble defenses, jumped and wriggled, its tiny paws swiping at his face, arms, and legs in a frenzied dance of chaos.

Braze spun and twirled, desperately trying to evade the racyon's relentless assault. His movements became a comical blur as he hopped, skipped, and wiggled in an attempt to shake off his pint-sized adversary. The forest seemed to echo with their chaotic tango, as leaves rustled and twigs snapped under their tumultuous dance.

Amidst the chaos, Braze's laughter mingled with the racyon's chittering. It was an absurd spectacle, a clash between a Jedi hopeful and a determined woodland critter. Despite the racyon's tiny size, its determination was unmatched, and Braze couldn't help but admire its fierce spirit.

As the skirmish continued, Braze found himself in a game of wits and agility. He dodged and weaved, narrowly avoiding the racyon's razor-sharp claws, which seemed to be everywhere at once. At one point, the racyon launched itself onto his back, clinging stubbornly as if declaring victory.

"Alright, alright, you win!"
Braze gasped. "I surrender!"

Panting and covered in scratches and tufts of fur, Braze stood there and frantically tried to grab the furry critter in a way to keep it from clawing and biting him further...

"Okay, okay, I take it back Princess, I need help!" He practically squeaked amidst the minor war. It was a little hard to focus on calming the critter with how ravenous it was.

In what was perhaps an undignified expression, Cora could only stared slack-jawed as the young Jedi danced around the forest with a vicious, snarling racyon clawing at him.

The whole thing was so absurd that it was…kind of humorous, really. When he called for help, Cora shoved that glint of amusement down. Her hand reflexively reached out to the blaster that had skittered several meters away.

It trembled slightly, then fell still. A few months ago, it would've flown into her grasp easily. She frowned.

"Alright, alright, just—hold still already!"

Scrambling for her weapon, Cora quickly closed the distance and palmed the gun. Taking aim, a stun bolt flew and struck the rabid creature as it assailed Braze. The racyon stiffened, momentarily broken from its frenzy, then fell away from the white-haired boy.

Pacing over, the Princess seized the stunned critter by the scruff of its neck.

"A racyon? How odd. They're not known to attack people unl-"

From the trees, a second racyon launched itself at Cora, grappling onto her back. Startled, she gasped and dropped her furry captive, twisting and flailing comically as she attempted to rid the assailant from her person.

"Get it off, GETITOFF!!"

Braze Braze

Braze watched as the furry predator attacked Cora, its sharp claws poised to harm her. Reacting swiftly, he extended his hand, channeling the Force to surround the creature. With a focused effort, he lifted it off Cora, suspending it mid-air. The predator struggled, its eyes filled with fear and aggression, but Braze remained steadfast.

"Easy now, little one," Braze coaxed in a soothing tone, his voice laced with empathy. "We don't want any harm to come to you."

Drawing on his connection to the Force, Braze reached out with his emotions, seeking to establish a bond of understanding with the creature. He projected feelings of calm and compassion, hoping to convey that they meant no threat. In his mind, he envisioned a peaceful coexistence, where both Cora and the predator could find their place in the natural realm.

"Good, good," Braze murmured softly, his voice filled with reassurance. "We can find a way to coexist without violence."

Braze continued to use the Force to hold the creature aloft, ensuring Cora's safety while gently nudging the predator toward a state of calmness. He understood that empathy and understanding were key to resolving conflicts, even between predator and prey.

" Why do you think they're all so crazed?" Braze asked turning green eyes to Cora.

Last edited:
"Ughhhh-"

Cora shuddered as the squirming creature was lifted from her person, reaching an arm around to touch her upper back. Fingers brushed against torn fabric and raised ridges of skin where the racyon's claws had drawn tiny lines of blood, but it was all very minor.

As Braze calmed the animal, she regarded the scene with wide eyes. Not because he'd used the Force to hover the creature in mid-air, but she was startled by his shift in demeanor.

From anger to bravado, and now he was being…peaceful? Calm? Cora couldn't help but close her eyes and attempt to latch onto the soothing threads of esoteric energy that he'd used to nudge the racyon into a state of tranquility.

Her venture lasted only a few moments, and when her eyes reopened, Cora breathed slow and deep.

"Not bad." She murmured. "Not bad at all."

She took a few moments to consider his question, then the racyon. Cora knew what the likely cause was; a darkside nexus she and Valery had discovered in another forest. But that was a far cry from Olba, and they were keeping its existence hush hush until a plan could be made.

Her face firmed in thought.

"Have you ever been in contact with something dark-sided before?"

Braze Braze

Braze contemplated Cora's words, his mind absorbed in deep reflection as he gently released the Racyon back into the surrounding brush. The creature disappeared into the foliage, leaving him with a lingering sense of curiosity.

"A dark-sided thing or a dark-sided person?" Braze's voice carried a hint of intrigue, his brows furrowing slightly as he sought clarification. He yearned to understand the nature of the darkness Cora alluded to.

After a brief moment, he responded with a somber tone, "There was one girl... whom I'm pretty certain was a dark-sider." Braze's thoughts immediately turned to Aliris, her image flashing vividly in his mind. The girl who had unknowingly sparked his curiosity and ignited an unexplainable connection within him.

Braze's expression softened, his eyes filled with a mix of empathy and concern. He couldn't help but wonder about the journey that led Aliris down a path so tainted by darkness. As he pondered her existence, Braze's heart ached, caught between a desire to understand and a nagging fear of what the truth might entail. He shook his head however trying to dispel his thoughts of Goldy-Locks.

He quite literally couldn't shake the thoughts of her though.

"I met her recently, I thought we were going to be friends. I was having fun solving a puzzle with her... I thought maybe I found someone like me who like to go exploring... I think she only wanted to use me... but She didn't let me die... so... There has to be some good in her right?" Braze asked confiding rather openly and surprisingly speaking in a soft tender tone as he discussed Aliris to Cora.

"We shared a dance together; I never danced with a girl. It was like magic with how we both used the force. It was pretty fun and she was pretty cute too... she kind of looked a little like you.. only you know, younger and cuter. "

Cora watch as the racyon skittered into a nearby bush, seemingly cured of whatever had ailed it. Braze's question brought her attention back to the boy, an eyebrow cocked at his contemplative expression.

The Princess' head tilted to the side as he relayed his thoughts on a girl he'd met, a dark-sider. Some of the hardness dropped from her face at the tone and language he used—

He was clearly smitten with this girl. Cora had never found herself enthralled with a dark-sider, but she'd heard numerous tales of Jedi falling from grace in pursuit of such relationships. They overwhelmingly turned out poorly, though a few redemption stories shone among them.

She understood what it was like to have a magnetic attraction to someone you couldn't have, though. Cora had slipped from Makko's fingers the day of her wedding to Prince Horace, but the two still hadn't cut contact entirely.

"Oh…" Cora murmured softly, gaze creased with understanding as a spark of sisterly protectiveness took her by surprise. A hand pressed gently to her chest, right over her heart. What a plight he found himself in, and perhaps under the bravado he was truly a gentle soul, a lost child. Feeling the urge to comfort, Cora reached out and—

“It was pretty fun and she was pretty cute too... she kind of looked a little like you.. only you know, younger and cuter. "

Any empathy she had for Braze drained from her face in that one, startled moment.

Did…did he just call me ugly and old??

He didn't, but even a Princess could be insecure. At the core of it all, Cora was still a teenage girl.

SMACK!

Her open palm struck him across the face, leaving a distinct red handprint on pale skin.

"How dare you! I'm only eighteen, eighteen! Hmph." Arms crossed, she turned on her heel and huffed angrily. Cora's face was red too, but from irritation. "You're never going to get this girl if that's how you talk to women!"

Braze Braze

Braze felt the sting of surprise as Cora's hand connected with his cheek in a swift and unexpected slap. He blinked, his face turning slightly redder from both the impact and the embarrassment of his careless words. He was shocked into silence briefly and Braze recoiled right after Cora's hand made contact with his cheek, a mix of surprise and anger flashing in his soft jade green eyes. His hand instinctively went to his cheek, feeling the heat radiating from the spot where her palm had struck him. His face now flushed with indignation as he rubbed the spot where her palm had left a red mark and a small cut. There was a small bit of bright red droplets that eked out from the minor cut her ring had left in its wake. How dare she slap him like that? Braze had never been treated so roughly by an older girl, and the shock of what had happened soon faded.

"What the heck was that for?!" he snapped, his voice laced with irritation, his voice cracking slightly. "I was just being honest! I don't need you telling me how to talk to girls. You're not my mom or anything."

He turned away from her arms crossed defiantly, Braze glared back over his shoulder at Cora, his petulant demeanor on full display as he cradled his cheek. He was determined not to back down, even if it meant escalating the situation further. He couldn't stand being scolded like a child, especially by someone only a few years older than him. He turned back around, whirling back to her ready to let her have a piece of his mind.

"I don't care if you're a princess or whatever. That doesn't give you the right to treat me like some dumb kid,"
he retorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Maybe you should focus on your own love life instead of lecturing me. You clearly don't know anything about how it feels to be drawn to someone you can't have, or can't even spend time with!"

Braze's words were laced with bitterness, his frustration seeping through each syllable. He refused to be belittled by anyone let alone a 'snobby little princess' like Cora, even if deep down he knew he had crossed a line with his comment. But his wounded pride overshadowed any remorse he might have felt. Crystal orbs started to well-up in those soft jade green eyes as his look became glassy and intense. His Blush had radiated to the tips of his ears.

However, as the tension hung in the air, Braze caught a glimpse of hurt flicker in Cora's eyes. In that moment, Braze's petulant facade cracked, revealing a glimmer of regret and concern.

A pang of guilt gnawed at him, realizing that he had hurt Cora with his words. Underneath his bravado, he was just a lost and confused, young teenager, struggling to navigate his own emotions. He took a deep breath, his voice softening with a tinge of remorse. He knew he shouldn't be acting that way or saying these things.

"I... I didn't mean to... I'm sorry," Braze stammered, his bravado fading. "I know I can be a jerk sometimes, but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just... this girl, she's different, you know? And I don't know how to handle it."

He hesitated for a moment, his gaze shifting to the ground. "I guess I'm scared, scared of what could happen if I let myself get too close to her. And maybe... maybe I took it out on you. I shouldn't have done that..."
He hadn't intended to insult Cora either, especially not someone who had been nothing but kind to him thus far.

Feeling a mix of guilt and confusion, Braze hurriedly tried to explain himself. "I didn't mean to call you old or ugly! I was just... comparing her to you but in a different way! Like, she had similar features but, uh, younger and cuter... Not that you're not cute! I mean, you're really pretty, just not 'cute', but 'pretty', I swear!" His words tumbled out in a jumbled mess as he desperately tried to salvage the situation looking ten kinds of flustered and upset and struggling with his thoughts and words. He had experienced these flashes of intense emotion and shifted one from another with alarming speed and even spoke in a sped-up manner, perhaps some means of reliving his own pent-up anxiety as he did this.

Braze's admission hung in the air, the vulnerability in his voice laying bare his true feelings. He had busied his hands with fidgeting at the edges of the silken sleeves of his robes. He reached out tentatively, in a somewhat awkward gesture, his hand extending towards Cora, a silent plea for understanding and forgiveness. He however didn't leave it there for long and turned away again as if he couldn't even make up his mind on how he should talk to her. Really he'd never been actually slapped for the things he said before. He wrapped his arms around himself trying not to sniffle.

"Forget it. I'll figure things out on my own," he muttered, his voice filled with a mix of defiance and hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom