Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Creature in the Wood

Cora didn't need to rely on her connection with the Force—attenuated as it was—to be able to get a sense for Braze's feelings. He wore them openly, plainly, tumbling through the emotional vortex that was being an infatuated teenager.

For her part, the Princess was red-faced with irritation, lips pursed in a pout as she drew her hand back. It stung, but likely not as much as the red mark on the boy's cheek. A smug spark of satisfaction leaped in her chest before her stomach dropped.

"Maybe you should focus on your own love life instead of lecturing me. You clearly don't know anything about how it feels to be drawn to someone you can't have, or can't even spend time with!"

The weight of his words cut deep into her soul, and it showed in how shock struck her face, how her body language seemed to crumple in hurt. The marriage she'd been forced into had cut friendships, agonized her lover, and wounded her pride. She'd left behind her life with the Jedi in service to her family, believing that suffering in the name of her people was her duty.

A weighty silence settled between them. Cora inhaled deeply and held her breath for several moments before exhaling, imaging that she could meld the negative feelings with the air in her lungs and expel them completely. Braze's sudden apologetic behavior took her by surprise, and her brow creased in concern. A touch of a troubled smile even found its way to her face, lifting one corner of her lips.

He was just a kid trying to navigate a storm of new emotions and situations, like her. And when he reached out to her with that pleading look, her heart lurched and her sisterly instincts kicked in.

"Hey," Soft but firm, Cora called out to Braze and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for striking you." It was her turn to act a little sheepish. "It's clear that you really like this girl, yes? It can be very overwhelming to have such strong feelings for someone. One minute you're so frustrated by them, then next minute you'd give up breathing just to be near them."

She squeezed his shoulder knowingly, and her gut twisted in longing.

"So, what is it that you like so much about this girl? Come on, don't hold back. I'm a bit of a romantic myself."

They could address the darker elements of this after.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png
Braze flicked a glance to Cora as she set a hand on him listening to her, his own semi-gloved hand pressed to his cheek where he was presently bleeding slightly.

Braze stood there, his cheeks still stinging from the slap, but the pain paled in comparison to the hurt he saw in Cora's eyes. Her words had struck a chord within him, piercing through his stubbornness and exposing the vulnerability beneath. He felt a pang of guilt for his brash response, realizing that he had hurt her unintentionally.

She did seem very interested in his current 'girl problems' so maybe by telling her about them it might sheer her up a little? Why was it always so complicated when it came to girls?

Braze hesitated for a moment, his gaze drifting off into the distance as he pondered the complexity of his emotions. He couldn't bring himself to mention Aliris by name, the girl who had both ignited his heart and shattered his trust. But he couldn't deny the thrilling excitement she brought into his life, the way she understood him in a way no one else could.

Braze was contemplating his words carefully. He knew he couldn't mention Aliris by name, as their connection was a complicated web of loyalty and betrayal. But he also couldn't deny the impact she had on his life, the moments they shared.

"There's this girl... Someone who I thought I knew, someone who has both betrayed me and saved me..." Braze began, his voice carrying a hint of nostalgia and pain.

"We've faced danger and darkness, together; She's someone who brings a kind of excitement and adventure into my life. There's just the way she carries herself. She's strong, you know? And she's not afraid to show it. I admire that. She challenges me, and makes me want to be just as strong. But it's complicated." Braze began, a wistful smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"She's like a flame that dances in the darkness, captivating and mysterious. We share a connection that defies logic, and even though our paths have diverged, a part of me still yearns for that connection. The circumstances, the choices we've made... It feels like the universe is pulling us apart. And it hurts, Cora. It hurts to want something so badly, yet feel like it's slipping away."

His thoughts then turned to another girl, someone who had entered his life more recently, someone who had become a beacon of light amidst his own inner turmoil. Loomi, the girl who had shown him the darker parts of himself, the parts he was determined to change and improve upon. She had been someone who had shown him a different side of himself, a side he didn't know existed. He couldn't help but feel a strong desire to make her happy, to be the person she deserved that could make her happy.

"And then there's another girl... She has this way of making me see the flaws within myself, the parts I want to leave behind," Braze continued, his voice filled with determination. "She challenges me to be better, to confront my own weaknesses, and strive for growth. I feel an innate need to protect her, to make her smile, and be the best version of myself. She's different and brings a lightness to my life that I didn't expect. She challenges me in ways I never thought possible and makes me question everything I thought I knew about myself. It's as if she holds a mirror up to my soul, forcing me to confront my own doubts and fears."

Braze's gaze met Cora's, a mix of vulnerability shining in his eyes. "I don't know where either of these paths will lead me, Cora. But what I do know is that both of these girls have touched my heart in different ways. We've made a real connection. They've shown me parts of myself I didn't know existed, and I'm compelled to, protect them, to learn from them, and to find my own path."

He took a deep breath, his voice steady with resolve. "I want to be someone who brings light and positivity into their lives, someone who can make a difference. And I hope that in the end, I can be the best version of myself, for them."

"I've never had friends that were girls before." He offered lightly in conclusion. " I just feel strange around them like I'm never saying the right thing or I upset them in some way. I still can't believe you SHOT me and then SLAPPED me either! " He just about huffed at the end and moved to very lightly bat her hand away as if remembering he was supposed to be annoyed with Cora.

"What even are we supposed to be looking for out here? More crazed flying, ferocious fur-balls?" Braze asked seemingly flushed and awkward having just opened up to Cora about the feelings he hadn't shared with anyone else. He didn't even know why he did that, usually, he didn't talk about that kinda weird mushy stuff with anyone let alone some 'princess' he ran in to in the woods.

Once again, Cora fell silent as Braze dug deep to describe his connection with the girl. Oh, not one girl, but two girls. The Princess cocked a brow in surprise, but said nothing.

It was clear they they'd both had a powerful impact on the young Jedi—and Cora was quick to brush off Braze's irritation at being shot, then slapped by her.

"If you learn to be stealthier and figure out how to speak more respectfully, then I'm sure you'll won't have to worry as much about being assaulted."

It made perfect sense. To her, at least.

She gestured towards the path they'd come from, and moved to retrace their steps that would lead them out of the forest.

"I think we've done enough for one day. Now that we know what we're dealing with, I can instruct the soldiers here on how to handle the situation going forward. For now-"

Cora looked back towards Braze and gave him a vaguely encouraging smile. "Let's head back to the village. I'll treat you to a meal to apologize for striking you. How does that sound?"

As they meandered their way back towards town, Cora digested Braze's heavy feelings regarding the two girls.

"Isn't it remarkable how intensely the right people can influence us? It's a bit scary too, I think."

Add in the ability to create Force bonds, and the feelings only got more agonizing from there. Relationships she'd crafted with the Jedi—Makko, Valery, and so many others—had made her into the person that she was. It had been increidbly difficult, impossible if she was being honest, to let go of those completely.

"Just…be cautious." Her lighter tone firmed in recollection of the first girl betraying him. "I know you've probably heard this over and over in your lessons, so I won't list out all of the ways that relationships could develop into obsession. But even if someone makes you feel good, betrayal is not love."

Braze Braze

"If you learn to be stealthier and figure out how to speak more respectfully, then I'm sure you'll won't have to worry as much about being assaulted."

Braze's demeanor dampened slightly as Cora commented on his need for stealth and respectful communication. His eyebrows furrowed, and a pout formed on his face. He couldn't help but respond with a hint of petulance.

"Well, excuse me for not being a master of stealth and perfect manners," Braze retorted, crossing his arms and huffing. "Not all of us are born with ninja skills and impeccable etiquette, you know."
Braze nodded in agreement as Cora suggested they had done enough for the day and that she would take charge of instructing the soldiers. He understood the importance of their role in maintaining order and handling the situation effectively.
"I think we've done enough for one day. Now that we know what we're dealing with, I can instruct the soldiers here on how to handle the situation going forward. For now-"

"Yeah, you're right," Braze responded, his voice carrying a sense of cooperation. "It's crucial to ensure the safety of the village and provide proper recon to the soldiers. I trust your expertise in handling these matters." He said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

He walked alongside Cora, matching her pace as they made their way back to the village. He nodded thinking perhaps getting out of the forest might be the best for them.
"Let's head back to the village. I'll treat you to a meal to apologize for striking you. How does that sound?"

Braze listened attentively to Cora's wise words, feeling a mix of excitement and reflection. The prospect of a meal, especially one that involved sweets or ice cream, was what came to mind. He visibly perked right up seemingly setting off a switch in the snowy-haired youth that brought about a sudden change in his demeanor making him near instantaneously view her in a positive light.

"Food sounds amazing right now," Braze replied, his voice filled with anticipation. "I could definitely use a treat after everything you've put me through today. A nice hot meal would be an adequate payment for saving you Princess~ Ice cream would be an even better apology for how you assaulted me, maybe? Or how about some mouthwatering pastries? I really love those fancy-looking froo froo desserts." Braze was a very simple creature with very simple wants and desires and sweets were at the top of his list for indulgences.
Isn't it remarkable how intensely the right people can influence us? It's a bit scary too, I think."
"Just…be cautious." Her lighter tone firmed in recollection of the first girl betraying him. "I know you've probably heard this over and over in your lessons, so I won't list out all of the ways that relationships could develop into obsession. But even if someone makes you feel good, betrayal is not love."

Braze's enthusiasm for food was evident as he rambled on about his favorite treats, momentarily distracted from his earlier frustration. He couldn't help but focus on the tantalizing idea of ice cream and mouthwatering pastries, his imagination running wild with visions of sugary delights.

As they continued their stroll, Cora's contemplation on love caught Braze's attention. He paused for a moment, considering her questions. There was a flicker of curiosity in his eyes as he ventured into the topic, hoping to gain some insights from Cora's perspective.

"Love... it's a tricky thing," Braze mused, his voice tinged with a mixture of wonder and uncertainty. "I mean, I've heard about it and read about it, but I'm not sure if I truly understand it yet. It's like this intense feeling, right? Like your heart is all fluttery and you can't stop thinking about that person. But how do you really know if it's real love or just some temporary infatuation?"

He glanced at Cora, his expression earnest and genuine. "And, uh, do you... do you love anyone? Like, in that special way? I'm just curious, you know?" Braze's youthful curiosity shone through as he eagerly awaited Cora's response, hoping to gain some wisdom on matters of the heart.

Last edited:
As they meandered their way back into the village, Braze's enthusiasm at the prospect of a treat was met with arched blonde eyebrows.

His demeanor was light and infectious—and more importantly, he reminded Cora of Fantine, her younger sister. They were about the same age, too.

"Very well." She acquiesced with a short chuckle. They were on the outskirts of the town now, and after approaching the soldiers and ensuring they they were informed of the situation, Cora guided Braze towards a more commercial road. Though rustic, the street was lined with vendors selling all sorts of wares—clothing, hunting equipment, jewelry, and food.

"Pick out whatever you'd like to eat." The Princess gestured vaguely towards a series of stalls selling consumables. One man was grilling chunks of meat and vegetables on wooden skewers, while the woman next to him was busy frying a mix of dough and spiced apples. There were a handful of foodstuffs to choose from, some sweet and some savory.

Braze's question about true love versus infatuation inspired a thoughtful tilt to Cora's head. How did you tell the difference? As worldy and refined as she liked to present herself, Cora's personal experience when it came to love was…scant.

His next question cause her to blush fiercely.

"O-of course I have!" She scoffed, pale cheeks flushing brightly. "I am a married woman, after all!" Cora raised her hand with a wedding band to make her point.

She didn't love Horace, though, and he didn't love her. Noble marriages on Ukatis were more akin to business deals than an expression of love. Cora's thoughts sobered as they drifted towards Makko. Duty had ripped them apart, but could she say that she still loved him even if they couldn't be together?

"Love is like…well, ah, for me it's like…it feels…" Struggling to come up with an explanation, she gestured with her fidgeting hands. "Like you feel safe with them no matter what, like you can spend all of your time with them doing nothing at all and be perfectly happy. They make you feel like you can't breathe in the best and worst way."

She grimaced. Did that last part even make sense?

"And it…it hurts terribly to be apart. Like a sickness. Like having a limb cut off."

There was a chill in her voice as she murmured, idly playing with the ring on her finger.

"Oh!" Cora brightened suddenly before she could sink into the depths of her own grief. "Are those pastries? You said you wanted one, yes?"

Braze Braze

Braze's eyes lit up at the sight of the bustling street filled with vendors selling various delectable treats. The aroma of grilled meat and spiced apples filled the air, making his stomach rumble in anticipation. He glanced at Cora, noting the arched eyebrows that greeted his enthusiasm.

"Thank you, Princess," Braze replied with a grateful smile, appreciating Cora's gesture to let him choose his own meal. He scanned the array of stalls, taking in the enticing options before him. The sight of pastries caught his attention, reminding him of his earlier craving.

"Yes, pastries!" he exclaimed, his voice laced with excitement. "They look absolutely delicious. I'd love to try one. I'm glad we have each other as friends, Cora," Braze said warmly, his eyes meeting hers with sincerity. "Despite you shooting me... I had a lot of fun tonight.." Braze added lightly.

As they approached the pastry stall, Braze's mind wandered back to their earlier conversation about love. Cora's blush and mention of her marriage gave him a glimpse into the complexities of her own experiences. He listened attentively as she struggled to put into words what love meant to her, her gestures and fidgeting hands emphasizing her attempt to convey her feelings.

He paused, briefly reflecting on his own limited experiences with love and the challenges he had faced in understanding it fully. But at that moment, he wanted to offer Cora some solace.

"Do you love your husband?" Braze asked curiously, perhaps presuming her answer might be a yes.

The tension Cora didn't even realize she'd been carrying eased from her shoulders. Braze had been successfully distracted from his question by food.

"It certainly was exhilarating, wasn't it?" She chuckled. "I want Ukatis to have a good relationship with the Alliance, especially the New Jedi Order. Both are very close to my heart."

As she selected two pastries—spiced dough sprinkled with powdered sugar and a dollop of cream, filled with a mixture of sweetened native fruits—the stall vendor quickly waved off they payment she insisted on. Cora relented, but managed to slip a few credits beneath the table cloth lining the counter when his back was turned.

She handed one of the decadent pastries to Braze, poised to take a nibble of her own when he asked the question. The Princess nearly choked on the powdered sugar she inhaled.

"Do you love your husband?"

It was a simple question, with a simple answer, but Cora's addled mind and complicated relationship with Horace made everything feel more complex.

No, she did not love Horace. She despised the man and his treatment of her, of his view on the commoners of Ukatis. Thumping her fist against her chest, she cleared her throat.

"Well…we barely knew eachother when we were wed. I-I suppose that I have not yet…grown to…feel that way about him."

And I never will.

"Nobles on Ukatis don't marry for love." She explained. "We marry to preserve lineages and secure alliances."

Her explanation on love had been drawn from her experiences with Makko, a Padawan she'd fallen for during her time with the NJO. That was over, now, and not even the sweet dough and vibrant filling of the pastry could lift her heavy heart.

"Just be careful with these two girls. Don't you go breaking both of their hearts, now."
She lifted a brow. “Teenage girls are very sensitive when it comes to matters of the heart.”

Braze Braze

Braze's eyes widened with curiosity as he devoured his sugary treat, his mind filled with questions about relationships. He turned his attention towards Cora, a playful smile dancing on his lips.

"You know, Cora, I've been pondering some relationship questions lately," he began, his tone light and inquisitive. "Have you ever had a boyfriend? I mean, someone who sweeps you off your feet and makes your heart skip a beat?"

He took a moment to let his question sink in before continuing with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"And if you have, what do you think makes a 'good' boyfriend? What qualities should they possess? I'm asking for a friend, of course," he added, playfully winking at her.

As he took another bite of his treat, he leaned in a little closer, a teasing smile on his face.

"Now, here's the real challenge, Cora. How can one determine if a relationship is official? Is there a secret royal decree or a grand ceremony? Or is it something more subtle and mysterious?" he asked, feigning bewilderment.

Braze's tone turned more earnest as he continued, his gaze fixed on Cora.

"And let's say someone has caught your attention, how do you know if they reciprocate those feelings? I mean, I can't just go up to someone and ask, 'Hey, do you have feelings for me?' It's a delicate dance, isn't it?"

He chuckled softly, his playful demeanor intact as he awaited Cora's response.

"So, dear Princess Cora, any advice or insights on matters of the heart? Some wit or wisdom to help your clueless new friend navigate these romantic waters and avoid any potential pitfalls?"

The pastry only served as a temporary distraction. With renewed energy that she could only attribute to a sugar rush, Braze launched into a series of interesting questions.

Cora's expression flared in surprise and sudden embarrassment, but it quickly firmed when she realized that Braze was being cheeky. For the most part, at least.

"You are…inquisitive." She huffed. Almost affectionately, she flicked him in the forehead—something she'd done to her younger siblings when they were being bratty.

Guiding them over to a bench on the side of the street, Cora seated herself and thought on how best to answer the flurry of inquiries. Fortunately, the crowds had thinned enough for her to not be incredibly uncomfortable at discussing her first love.

"Yes, there was a man before Horace. I was…in a relationship with someone. Another Padawan." It was a diplomatic response, but an honest one. She wasn't going to touch on exactly how she and Makko had found themselves entangled in one another, given that it wasn't age appropriate. "We didn't like each other very much at first, but I suppose it's fair to say that we grew fond of one another over time. We had to…break things off when I was married."

Her gaze swept low, down to the beaten cobblestones and packed dirt beneath her feet. It was difficult to talk about Makko because she still cared deeply for him, yet she was the one who'd ripped them apart.

How could she give advice on love when she had handled matters of the heart to disastrous consequence?

"I'm afraid that I'm not as much of an expert as you think I that I am." Both brows arched now, Cora teased him back in her own way. "All I can say is that you will likely make mistakes, Braze, and that is normal. If you like someone, show them that you care—either with actions or words or heartfelt gifts. And if they do not feel the same way as you do, bow out gracefully and do not pester them."

Braze Braze

Braze listened intently as Cora shared her experiences and offered advice on matters of the heart. Her words carried a sense of wisdom and genuine care, which resonated with him. He frowned at being flicked and winced moving to touch that spot.

As they settled on a bench, Braze's curiosity still burned bright. Cora's admission of having a previous relationship intrigued him, and he nodded, absorbing her diplomatic response.

Her words about making mistakes and handling matters of the heart with grace struck a chord with Braze. Braze met Cora's teasing gaze with a playful smirk. "Mistakes, huh? I've made a fair share of those already," he chuckled. "But your advice makes sense. Actions, words, heartfelt gifts... I'll keep those in mind."

He shifted slightly on the bench, his gaze focused on the bustling street before them. "And you're right, pestering someone isn't the way to go. I'll try my best to bow out gracefully if things don't work out," he replied, a touch of determination in his voice. Though Braze's understanding of love and relationships was still evolving, Cora's guidance provided him with a sense of direction.

"Thank you, Cora," he said sincerely, his eyes meeting hers.

He thought a little more about what she had to say previously and came up with another pesky question for her.

"Have you ever thought about eloping?" Braze asked.

Cora regarded Braze with the same fondness she had for her younger brothers and sisters. They didn't always take to her guidance readily, so she was pleased that the Padawan took her advice seriously.

Even though she was no longer a Jedi, it was still her duty to help them where she could. At least, that was how Cora rationalized her desperate need to still be apart of something.

When he thanked her, the Princess could feel her heart melting. He was so sincere, so genuine and full of life—much like how she was before she'd been wed. "Of course, Braze." She smiled warmly.

Then, her expression twisted into one of scandalized shock.

"C-certainly not!" She gasped, far before her brain could catch up to an honest answer.

In truth, she had. Makko has offered her an out—he’d scraped together enough credits to whisk them away to Ord Mantell. Away from Ukatis, away from the Jedi, away from responsibility. It had been incredibly alluring and she'd nearly given in.

A wave of sorrowful regret washed over her. Cora rested her elbow on the armrest of the bench and tilted her forehead against her fingers. She breathed in through her nose, slow and audible, attempting to steady the erratic beating of her heart and stem the sadness before it could overwhelm her.

After a few moments, she raised her head, inhaling sharply as she quirked a brow at Braze. "I believe that is enough questions for one day, young man." She admonished. “And you’re not to repeat anything I’ve told you about my…previous engagements, understood?”

Braze Braze

Braze listened attentively as Cora spoke, sensing the mix of emotions that washed over her. When she admonished him and asked for the conversation to end, he nodded respectfully, al though he couldn't help that /smirk/ that crept onto his face.

"Oh, ~okay~; I understand, Cora," Braze replied, his voice gentle and understanding, if a bit mischievious. "I won't repeat ~anything~ you've shared with me. Your secrets are safe with me~!"

He then took a step back, giving her a small bow as a gesture of respect. "It was interesting to meet you, Cora. I had a lot of fun talking with you." Braze's smile returned, warm and genuine. "If you ever need someone to talk to; Here's my com link number."

He produced a small case emblazoned with colorful Rhinestones and pulled a card from it and handed her a small card with his contact information. "You should probably get those scratches looked at too. I need to get back to my group before my Creche Master has a heart attack realizing I'm missing. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom