Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create Hex Invasions

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Fatty said:
However, a recently eliminated faction, should be able to dominion a nearby world, highlighting an exodus from their defeated territories. The literal running away with your tail tucked between your legs for being so unfortunate as to be utterly decimated. That way, it shows that they lost only because the other side had some edge you didn't, but they still have enough momentum and membership to continue being a major faction.
I think it should be this, rather than the latter. It allows for more faction permanence, and the ability to lick wounds. That being said, it'd also create incredibly salty echo chambers.

Now, if I may propose my own thing, I say the posts needed for these threads should be larger than a mere 100-200. I advocate, a 50-100 post per planet deal. That means a faction has to be sure, and has to be ready for the long haul if it decides it wants to take on a densely populated hex.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Hi, sorry to just bring this thread back from the dead. But was this ever resolved? And if not, could we bring this to the fore again? I personally would love to see this idea implemented, albeit with the proper rules and regulations to ensure that it couldn't be a wholesale practice.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
"Testing"
s6r1r.jpg

So, how would victory be determined? I'm more interested in developing a system to reflect a battlefield more than mass dominion, I've considered it ever since I arrived here in '14. The idea that invasions are won via multiple small battles across a planet rather than a single battle in a small area of the planet. Planets are pretty big, but I guess it just is too complicated to work, too much effort required. Hex invasions sound fun, allows more battlefields, and that's what I'm all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom