Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Corvid Science [Pellax]

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
oO3YGYQ.png

Her brow raised up in both confusion and curiosity she never considered to ask someone to explain certain emotions to her. Of course she new the basic ones. "What is infatuated? also yes I suppose in a way I do idolize you, or rather I'd say I admire you. You're a man of great strength that could easily smite me however rather than casting me aside, you've provided for me. Even if I have had to work for it time to time. Understand that before you, everything was simply survival and clawing to stay afloat in an ocean that kept pulling me under.

I would say sometimes watching you is part of my studies. Observation is as important as the lessons someone can teach verbally or with scriptures. Still when it comes to doing what I need to get done, I've never wasted time and opt for the most efficient work style."
She turned and let her eyes wander the walls, even with her back to Kaine her senses where trained on the man, even trust had it's boundaries.

"As for the adolescent fixation thing, I don't quite get what you mean by that either." Though she still hazard a guess in her head what it meant. The few that came to mind did make her face go a little rosy in the cheeks. 'He couldn't mean that thing right?' Teresa's hands came up to lightly smack both cheeks simultaneously and turned to face him again.

The expression she held was one that had not been expressed in a very long time. Even on a face of frightening beauty the look was not wrong or strange. Rather she was still growing as a being. "You don't mean that you think I am romanticizing you right? That would be ridiculous." A quiet nervous laugh escaped her lips and her gaze passively tried to escape his. "Yup... absolutely ridiculous." Just by listening to the tone of her voice her thoughts was saying perhaps. Even has she dismissed it, the idea was now in her head lodged like shrapnel that would continue to prod.

It took a second to steel her mind from such protruding thoughts least for now. Her gaze would meet back and that ever so innocent expression slowly faded away. "Anyway, probably enough on the distraction. You said there was another lesson? Also, I have another question regarding the changes. I can tell just about that the humanity is... well gone, so what am I now. What culture do I belong to?"

OIedQlc.gif

"We shall see," was all that He said on the matter, His eyes watching her more carefully than before. Turning away from Teresa, the Dark Lord walked back out through the same door they had used to leave the dojo; except now the entire room had changed beyond recognition. Gone were the padded walls and floor of the dojo, replaced instead by a massive, wide open space of ankle-tall grass with a thick wall of towering trees creating a natural border at the far end. Beyond those trees were mountains, wreathed by fluffy white clouds around the peaks.

The moment Teresa passed through the doorway, it closed behind her, disappearing so completely that there was nothing to indicate that it had ever existed. In the direction that door once occupied, there was a vast grassland plain bisected by a large river. The grassland eventually subsided to a gradual decline that terminated at the shore of a lake, the scintillating blue waters glimmering as it reflected the light of the midday sun above. Every aspect of this new environment seemed like it had been plucked from an idyllic painting or from the pages of a children's picture book.

It didn't seem entirely real.

"This world under your feet was once the heart of a galaxy sprawling empire, long before the Republic arose in the Core Worlds. There are none alive who remember this empire, and only a handful that know that it even existed. What were once dazzling cities of advanced technology are now overgrown ruins, any grandeur they once possessed stripped away. It is on this world, on the grave of an empire long forgotten, that I will teach you how to survive."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Fresh air washed over her skin, places that was still damp felt a cooler breeze than the rest. Her view was certainly treated to the lush grass and a large lake shimmering to the noon sun. Listening to Kaine, Teresa fiddled with the liquid metal pulling it into shapes. "So what, we time travelled, or something a little more simpler than that? Either way I am sure I know how to survive." She took a few steps forward till in front of Carnifex. "Do not take what I just said as me dismissing what lessons you have to offer. I am sure i'll benefit from them."

Teresa took in a deep breath letting actual fresh air into her lungs. There was no stale scent or the smell of sweat that lingered in a place like this. Her head turned to look back at Kaine. "You've still yet to answer my question. What exactly am I now? Something new, something that already exists? Is there a culture that I now belong to or am I my own thing." To Teresa there was much to consider once her training for the day comes to an end. This body needed relearning, something she knew how to roughly.

OIedQlc.gif

"To travel through time is a power few have achieved, fewer still consciously. It is beyond the two of us."

He stood tall amidst the beauty of the world, almost invigorated anew by its presence. The way the light struck His body, the way sweat glinted off of His olive skin, presented a far more regal appearance than one Teresa would have been used to. This was His element, deep in the untamed wilds, an environment that see greatly reminded Him of His homeland.

"You are as I design, Teresa. I elevated you from the muck and gifted you with power beyond understanding. You belong to no other but mine own, a squire of my house. In time, you will become stronger and rise above where you currently reside." He reached out to grasp Teresa's chin as He spoke, His thumb rubbing over her lips for a brief moment before He released her. "I will teach you and allow you the opportunity to rise, but it lies within your hands. Will strength prevail, or will weakness overtake you."

He turned His head and looked towards the distant horizon. "Come, I will show you were your destiny shall be forged."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa could not help but chuckle to Kaine's comment. "I may perhaps belong by your side, but I've told you many times, I do not belong to you. I am not property to be owned Kaine. However it's always my intention to grow, and knowing that it's your hands that mold me brings satisfaction and exhilaration." The woman moved walking alongside the man that no longer seemed so giant if one was to ignore the power that radiated around him.

Her wings stretched out once more casting a large shadow. They would occasionally beat casting a light gust of air to rush into the two beings. There was temptation to spread her wings and fly to feel the wind between the feathers and get a feeling for the new size. "So my destiny huh? Now I am really curious what you have concocted in your head." She looked across eyes tracing the shape of his jaw hidden behind the beard, even glancing at his eye that almost mimicked her own. She never understood how her's became like it, nor could she remember what they looked like in the past.

OIedQlc.gif

"You are not property, Teresa, but make no mistake; thou belong to me."

The Dark Lord's words brokered no dissent, His authority carried with every syllable. As her master, Carnifex held a certain power over her as illustrated by the ease at which He transported her across vast galactic distances. But, regardless at how much Teresa may chafe under the dominion of another, it was not servitude nor slavery. He was her teacher, the sum of all knowledge that she had the potential to learn, and she was the vessel for those teachings. How much she could hold within her was uncertain, but He was determined to ascertain her limits through rigorous instruction.

Which is why they were here, on an abandoned world lost to history. His eyes fixed on a distance location, half-hidden by the jungle growth, and with a burst of speed He disappeared into the foliage between the treeline. The speed at which He traveled was beyond Human, beyond the capabilities of most living creatures in fact, and He was but a blur upon the wind. Teresa could follow Him as she wished, either by foot or by flight, but it would be difficult to catch up to Him at the speed by which He accelerated.

Only when He stopped at the precipice of a great gorge did He again become visible, His eyes cast down into the darkened pit. The trees above prevented much light from reaching the forest floor, so there was only a thin beam piercing down into the darkness. Stone was visible at the end of this pillar of light, old and grown over with vines. Carnifex leapt down into the gorge, landing on the stone with a dull thud. Dust puffed up at His intrusion, briefly polluting the light with scintillating particles. He ignored the detritus and pushed forward into the shadows, where no light could reach from above.

There was a spark, and suddenly the entire gorge was illuminated by pale blue firelight. The Dark Lord's right hand was wreathed in azure flame, which gave off no heat and seemed to absorb it instead. He flicked His wrist, and globes of blue light rushed out from the fire to light the torches and braziers littering the ruins. Then the flames surrounding His hand receded back into the center of His palm and were snuffed out altogether.

In the blue glow of the crag He waited for His apprentice to find Him, watching her fly down from above on wings of sooted feather.

"In ages past this ruin was considered holy beyond comprehension by the people who inhabited the world. They gathered here ever solstice to pay homage to their gods, and bleed sacrifices dry to ensure that the sun yet arose until the next solstice. This tradition they held for tens of thousands of years, but it was all wiped away when the Republic came down from the stars. The Jedi that accompanied the Republic explorers found the people's practices barbaric and attempted to prevent them from exercising them. The people resisted, and the Republic sent in a pacification force to tear down their temples and cast aside their priests and holy objects. In time, the modernization of this world led to economic decline and the people abandoned their cradle for more prosperous worlds, and it was soon stricken from star charts and forgotten."

Some of this history was chiseled into the stone walls, but neglect and the weathering of time had rendered most of it illegible. All that remained were the lingering ghosts of a long extinct culture and those who bothered to learn about them.

"In the darkened cracks the Jedi left behind in their expansion across the galaxy, we Sith take root. In a way, we take on these destroyed people's vengeance as our own. To one day set things right and cast down the Jedi once and for all."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She could not help but be a little confused by his words, that she was not property yet still belonged to him, to her that contradicted one another. It was perhaps why the woman referred to him as a teacher and master unlike the others that was also under his tutelage. There was no chance to think of a reply to those words, to question them because her teacher moved as great speeds off into the jungle growth. Teresa knew the ability of which he used, not to the mastery that Kaine has achieved. However even if she could use force speed it was better to fly for the moments of relaxation it gave. Being in the sky brought the sounds of rushing wind that made times easier to deal with the thoughts that rattle around.

Teresa hopped on the spot and as one foot landed it pushed her forwards into a sprint. Her wings sprawled out powerfully beating at the air till they lifted the woman up. While gaining altitude the woman circled around getting a feeling of the difference of maneuverability. While stronger she was not making as tight turns as before, they defiantly gave more speed and climbing was easier.

With one final turn she began her flight off into the direction over the jungle. She closed her eyes feeling the energy around her using the immense feeling of the force to act like a compass that pointed towards her teacher. Been on others who used the darkside and casually watching it was useful to ensure she could feel where Carnifex was and not let it be muddied by others power. Her eyes opened and looked down at the canopy of thick leaves. Every moment the man felt further and further away till finally stopping, all the while heading in his direction she had been gaining altitude so that Teresa could dive to gain much more speed.

She had came down enough that if she reached out with her hands they would brush against the lush green. It took a small while till it felt like she was almost directly above. Her wings would stop and furled up as she grabbed hold of a saber and cut through. Not seeing the chasm at first she would miss the ledge and begin falling down. She did not open her wings yet as the woman would footplant the wall to take away some momentum. From there she would glide wall to wall keeping the descent down controlled till finally she could fully rely on just black feathers that was darker than the shadow they'd cast.

Once on the ground Teresa walked over to carnifex as he began to speak. His words bounced around the walls amplifying them. "Cultures come and die out be it at the hands of the jedi our own or some other force. If you are not strong and smart enough then only ones self is to blame for failure. Honestly though, you are aware I did not do so great with history right? I mean some things is a good story, just mostly uninteresting." Her eyes would still wander looking at the carvings and the remnants of art and culture weathered away for who knows how long. The location was still pretty.

OIedQlc.gif

CS3FUG8.png

"History is our scripture, written in blood. We cannot escape or ignore the actions of our predecessors, for what was done a hundred or a thousand years ago sets the stage for what we do today." Such was the reality of the Sith, to continue a war that had been waged for thousands and thousands of years, stretching back to beyond the Order's founding on Korriban. "Through us runs the blood of the Exiles, those who sought what the Jedi deemed forbidden knowledge, and were cast out. Endlessly we have sought to correct this great error, to assume our rightful place, not as stewards, but as rulers of the galaxy."

"This is a war that is your own as well as mine, our long struggle." The Dark Lord was a firm believer in the right of the Sith to rule, and He had long upheld this cause for many decades. It might be a strange thing to Teresa, to shoulder the same cause that men and woman thousands of years ago also shared. The dead were long gone, but their deeds remained. From Ajunta Pall to Darth Carnifex, the lineage remained unbroken.

"
So I shall teach you the way of the Sith, and you shall become a Lord of the Sith."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She listened to each word attentively while beginning to play with the liquid metal that was once in her hands. Slowly it moved between fingers wrapping around them continuously. "History is your scripture." Her eyes flicked towards the man. "I find it hard to relate to most history. It's over complicated, people coming up with ridiculous limitations. Freedom to live how I want is basically it, anyone challenges that I will meet it in kind. Besides how could we know if my blood is that of exiles. I've no idea who bought me into this galaxy. If I find out, I'll be sure to take them out of it." The last sentence simmered with hate. "Though I suppose it hardly matters anymore who they where, just merely a foundation. What I am become, much better."

She smiled at Kaine and moved closer. Her eyes closed as a deep breath made her chest expand and fall when she let it slowly out. "I am eager though, for many things, you know this already though. Besides I trust you will forge me into a being I want to be, that makes sense?" The woman would pass by Kaine her fingers reaching out enough to brush against the cloth of his attire. Teresa's mind turned inwards wondering if she had foundations like the others would she have felt more connected. It left her a little repulsed at the concept but curious.

She has a perspective unlike others she has had the time to speak to. Like the difference between scraping, born into, taught or simply searching in the dark for power. Those who scrape are dangerous for they will even betray themselves out of desperation or survival. Those born into are privileged and not able to truly understand those who gave them everything. Alas that one is not true for all but common enough. Teresa figured Kain as a person who now searched for more in the vastness of ability. As these thoughts ran through she turned to Kaine with her head tilted off to the side, an eyebrow slightly raised and eyes slightly narrowed.

It was not hard to read the womans face. That she had a curiosity needing to be itched.

OIedQlc.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom