Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Corvid Science [Pellax]

The laboratories of Malsheem were a hive of activity. Gene-engineers, poxmasters, and sculptors of the flesh moved about with grim purpose. They had long given their talents to the Dark Lord of the Sith, for no other would so richly reward their ambitions. No project was too challenging, no action considered frivolous. With the nigh unlimited funding and resources at the Dark Lord's fingertips, those who received His patronage could ensure that their experiments did not lack material or test subjects.

It was in these laboratories that the Dark Lord's most sinister agents worked tirelessly day after day. At His behest, they tortured living creatures to create twisted facsimiles of life, brewed noxious contagions, and plumbed the depths of the Dark Side's secrets. Gestation pools brimmed with roiling mutagens, transforming living tissue into grotesque amalgamations. The harrowing cries of the tormented carried through the macabre halls, barely hinting at what horrors were being forced upon those too weak to defend themselves.

Carnifex slowly walked through these odious halls, as He had often done when a particular project pulled His interest away from other matters. Few reacted to His presence, so preoccupied they were with their toil. Those that did were quickly waved away, returning to their work after having been preemptively dismissed by the Dark Lord. The few allowed to shadow His movement were His Crownguard and the scientists He had personally chosen to attend Him. They moved in silence, fidgeting with datapads or mechanical gizmos they carried with them.

Only the Dark Lord would speak first, the rest would answer appropriately. "How has the genome sample reacted to the new cells?" When one of the scientists answered, it was with full servility. "We've yet to achieve full synthesis, my Lord. But the tests are improving. It will not be long." For their sake, they knew that it better not. The Dark Lord had a finite resource of patience, and being subjected to buffoonery and failure was a quick way to deplete it. They all had seen what happens to those who cannot rectify their failings, torn apart by the master's ravenous hunting pack. Only those with irreplaceable qualities were afforded a greater degree of leeway, but even that was not without its limits.

"I hope that it does, for your sake." The scientists all visibly recoiled at the Dark Lord's words, even though they had barely even risen above a whisper. When they entered the next room, the guards stood outside to bar any intrusion from entry. Inside the room was a small operating table and various medical instruments, a single door built into the opposite wall serving as the only exit besides the one they had come through. It led to a small antechamber used to hold test subjects, and was currently occupied. Although, this individual was less a test subject and more of a participant. She had come far since the Dark Lord had first met her, but she had not yet risen to her full potential in the Dark Lord's eyes.

"Bring her in."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
oO3YGYQ.png

Far would be a slight understatement, every challenge thrown at her she found a way to over come them. The long arduous amounts of studying some how made the years stretch longer, her patience at times worn thin. Each desk that had some how broken over the years Teresa was punished for. Though that was mostly down to her own head taking over when she felt stupid. Written tests where the worst for her however. She struggled more in those than anything, even if her course work was spot on with some light help understanding things or reworded to make sense, exams she was alone. Still she had came far since then and after Panatha, Teresa knew that the studies of the force would have to wait.

To her surprise the woman was informed to be at the lab by no other than Carnifex. It made her wonder if this was more mental education or perhaps something else. The message was a little vague, however she did make a deal with the man so long ago. Something she never forgot. An attending Scientist opened the door, his eyes immediately went to Teresa. "The Dark Lord Carnifex has called for you ermm... Teresa?"

Her darkened eyes rolled as she stood up, Both wings stretched out as she had been pressed against a wall for some time. "Bout time, and yes Teresa is right. Stop being so.... anxious, Feth if I did not know any better it would be like you have looked death in the face today. Though, I could make that a reality if you wish?"

"N... no no, I am... good thanks. Please come with me."

She never understood why people felt so tight and scared when Carnifex was involved. She heard a few of the stories, but never from his own mouth. There was no telling if they were exaugurated to make it seem more interesting. Still it was useful for the fear the man inspired, everyone around him became like batteries to draw off. Almost like an all all you can eat feast. Teresa followed the trembling wreck of a man down a couple of hallways till finally being bought into the main room. Ahead was the giant man, not hard to find in a crowd. As she did a light twist around to get a good look, her wings would knock a few people around her, not that the woman cared.

"Kaine." She addressed him in such a casual manner, no amount of education ever changed how she refused to acknowledge titles. Many times she had been warned by her peers that it would get Teresa in trouble. It never stopped the woman sticking to what she preferred. "Sooooo... curious to why I was called here? Like I know I did not do the best at science, so I hope this is not a revisit thing or is this force related. I have been waiting as patiently as I could and I am hitting blocks on how far I can progress on my own without a guiding hand. Before you say it, I am aware everyone has been busy and I've helped where I can. Just I don't wanna feel like I am stalling, I wanna reach higher heights. It's my ambition to grow."

Last edited:

Teresa was led into the chamber, the Dark Lord turning to face her. Unlike when they first met, the Dark Lord only wore simple clothing. A loose black vest and trousers cinched at the waist by a leather sash, a black tabard flowing down from His groin, and a pair of synth-leather boots fastened around both feet. A lightsaber hung freely from His waist, anchored by a rudimentary magnetic clamp that allowed the weapon to be easily drawn and easily sheathed. It was evident that the Dark Lord did not feel threatened by Teresa's presence, and therefor did not feel the need to take further precaution.

"Teresa," purred the Dark Lord, amused by His apprentice's brusque mannerisms and complete lack of decorum for formalities, something that no doubt ruffled the feathers of those who fiercely adhered to such protocols. She was curt and straight to the point, speaking her mind and making it abundantly clear what she wanted. Fortunately for her, the Dark Lord had no intention of putting her through another science lesson or even instructing her on the complexities of the Force. Rather, He had something else in mind.

"Your current state limits you, Teresa. I have come to the realization that if you are to reach the heights you desire, you must be transformed." What this transformation entailed, the Dark Lord did not yet elaborate on. The operating table in the center of the room descended to a lower elevation, one that could be easily reached for one such as Teresa. The Dark Lord gestured towards the table, the implication being that she should place herself upon it. "I have decided to improve upon your genome, apprentice. To elevate you to a state of existence far greater than the one you are currently experiencing."

Then, He added, "But it will not be a pleasant experience, it will be quite painful. But through suffering you will find true purification."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She listened to the man slightly disappointed, which showed on her face the fact that no force lesson would be taught. It almost felt like she was been held back which was agitating. Then there was the added fact that yet another person wanted to tamper with her body once more. At least looking around the room it was not in some dingy basement and there where professionals in their craft. It was a matter of trust however. So far she had no reasons to distrust Kaine, but she did not know anyone who worked in this room.

Teresa looked around the room in silence for a moment considering what the giant said then the deal she made all those years ago. The smells of chemicals and cleaning fluids filled her nose. The mixture creating a potent sent

"It would not be the first time someone wished perfection in my body. Like that time I experienced great pain too, and still do to this day. To tell you the truth I cannot remember how it feels to touch things with my hands and feel a sensory response other than a tingling pain. In someone else's ideals of 'Perfection' I lost and gained for sure, though I would not consider it perfection."

She saw the man gesture and decided to circle him a moment. It was hard not to notice the odd gaze thrown their way despite trying to hide it. Perhaps it was jealousy that she was able to speak so freely, or perhaps it was the bazar nature sparking curiosity about the woman that walked around their dark lord. Teresa did enjoy watching their eyes divert when she looked at them. "Admittedly I have grown quite accustom to the wings even if it disassociates myself from being... Human. How one of the most squishy species managed to find ways on top through history surprise me. Perhaps it's their vermin like nature. I do suppose that is why I like to disassociate from humankind."

Her gaze peered upwards into similar eyes as she once again stood in front of the giant. "So the question is what makes you think your people can do better?"

Dainty steps carried her over to the table, turning her back to it she did a little hop to sit on its edge. One leg crossed over the other as Teresa leant back a little and her hands taking the weight. Her wings stretched out horizontally, her head tilted to the side. "Do not misunderstand Kaine, I am not saying no. After all I said longs as I am not treated like a slave, you can do with me as you please. This I suppose falls into that given you are trying to... improve me rather than experiment for science sake."

"I would correct such a mistake, my apprentice. Those who augmented your body last did so with ignorant hands, they did not know what they did. Because of their failure, you have been prevented from reaching your full potential." The Dark Lord had been ruminating on this for quite some time, having observed Teresa during their moments of training, as well as evaluating her physical condition during routine medical examinations. He could see every place where she had been augmented from her original form, changed by hands that were a far cry from those of a master. The fleshcrafters in the Dark Lord's employ were among the greatest in the galaxy, having enjoyed unrestricted experimentation under Carnifex's watchful eye.

He stood next to the table and placed both hands on it, looking directly into Teresa's eyes. "I would first start by strengthening your body, expunging your humanity and replacing it with something far more resilient. From there, the necessary modifications will be trivial. A reinforced skeletal structure, muscles stronger than durasteel cords, and an altered internal chemistry resistant to poisons and other noxious elements. Your wings will endure, in fact, they will be far greater than they are now. I can increase their strength and durability, allowing them to be used as weapons in their own right and allowing you to fly higher, longer, and faster."

One might imagine that such augmentations came at a price, one would understandably come to the conclusion that the Dark Lord did nothing for free or without strings attached. They would be correct, the Dark Lord did have an ulterior motive in mind. Not with regard to how He changed Teresa's body or what improvements He gifted, but what He could take from her in the process. "All that I would ask in return is to harvest some of your cells and use them to improve some of my followers, ones known as Valkyries. In ancient lore, the Valkyries were winged warrior-women that ferried a battlefield's dead into the afterlife. My Valkyries perform a similar function, but instead of ferrying the dead, they pass judgment upon Jedi and other Force Sensitives. They offer them a choice, convert or die. Those that submit are made into Sith."

Many would balk at the idea of having their genetic material harvested in such a manner, but the Dark Lord believed that He could convince His apprentice with honey rather than vinegar. He was honest with her, and He intended that to strike a chord with her; one who had been lied to many times before.

"Do we have an accord, apprentice?"

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"I am pretty sure the last time I was simply an experiment and the perfection he was set out to attain is what is already done. My flesh was nothing more than object to be used and tossed away once the data had been collected. However, guess I will never know. Did try to find the person after and he simply vanished." Her expression changed a little showing the frustration as she spoke. What had been done was punishment for not being stronger then, for letting her guard down as she slept.

As Carnifex stood closer and their eyes locking her head tilted ever so slightly. The expression of frustration dropped to something more neutral. Teresa moved both legs to press against the mans side as he spoke, her arms still supporting the slight leant back pose. "Sounds like you have really thought about this. Honestly, I do like what I am hearing. Stronger more durable, resistant to poison even going so far to remove the last shreds of human from me. On the note of my wings however, there is a modification I would like, if it can be done." Teresa smiled, for once she had done her own research, thought it was to mostly study predatory birds in how they hunted.

"My feathers need to have a leading edge shaped like a comb and a trailing edge with a fringe. This should funnel air smoothly over my wing to dampen the sound. They are already pretty enormous wings, relative to my body size, so I already get great lift so all together would basically let me fly silently and able to maintain slow speeds to. A useful thing in the air since going faster is not always a good thing, Like with most things in life, timing must be perfect. Life in the air puts an emphasis on that. I learnt all this for my dissertation. I should not just look to my teachers to move forward, having the ambition for self improvement is just as important."

As Carnifex explained the price for these alterations Teresa leant up closer after a few moments of speaking. She already knew her answer, or rather her terms. From here she had to look almost straight up to keep eye contact. Kaine was so tall, a giant amongst all others, a tower of perilous danger. She did not know why she found pushing him subtly so... entertaining. It was most amusing when others could see. Such jealousy filled them, their body language could not hide emotions. It was also amusing to see what kind of reactions she got from Kaine too. "I agree... on two conditions. Their feathers cannot have the red like mine. If you are to make more of me, I want these women to know who came first. The second condition..."

Her smile widened as her wings spread out to the sides and she laid back on the table. "I get to ask of you for any three things, with in reason, any you have to agree. Could be an answer, perhaps a lesson, could maybe be for something I want. I will make it abundantly clear when I ask such a question so that I do not waste them on something trivial."

Her hands lifted up above her head resting against the cold metal. "If you agree then yes, we do indeed have an accord."

The Dark Lord watched Teresa impassively, not a muscle moving on His face. He knew why she played these games with Him, He knew how she loved to torment those under His command that coveted such proximity to their Lord. It was a dangerous thing to incur the jealousy of fanatics, you never truly knew what their minds would turn to when they reached their limit. Nonetheless, the Dark Lord believed that His apprentice could handle any conspiracies His other followers might concoct to earn His favor. If she couldn't? Then she would have been revealed as an unworthy apprentice, and the Dark Lord would find another.

Such was the way of the Dark Side.

"Very well," spoke the Dark Lord after a brief moment of contemplation. "We shall see what desires lurk within your mind, apprentice." He reached out, almost as if to touch Teresa, but stopped about a foot away from her face. Their surroundings began to distort, a thick haze coating everything as though it were melting. What replaced the sterile operation room was an endless expanse, darkness pressing from every corner. Beneath their feet was black water, stretching as far as their perception would allow, the outline of their feet illuminated by a faint white light. High above was a ring of red light encapsulating a black sphere, a perpetual eclipse in a world of endless night.

Light slowly began to bleed in from the darkness, the endless expanse evaporating until it was replaced by cold bricked walls. Each brick was not like its neighbor, differing sizes and shapes, creating a misshapen patchwork that held no clear pattern. Each stone was etched with a geometric rune in the ancient ur-Kittât language. The walls sloped down towards the center of the room, terminating in a deep basin filled with glowing green liquid that seethed and bubbled at irregular intervals. The Dark Side of the Force was strongest at the pool, a deep, piercing cold lancing through one's entire body just by being near it.

"Behold, the Genesis Pool. Beneath its surface lies the key to unlocking your true potential, my apprentice. Once you have passed beyond its threshold, you will never be as you were before." With a push of the Force, the Dark Lord forced His apprentice towards the pool's edge. "The Genesis Pool strips away your weakness and replaces it with strength. It will be agonizing, but pain is the catalyst for evolution. Encase yourself in suffering." He then exerted His immense strength against Teresa, pushing her down into the pool until she was completely submerged. Lightning burst from His fingertips, saturating the pool's surface as it roiled and frothed violently.

The Dark Side grew stronger, rushing through the Dark Lord like a burst valve. Down below the pool's surface, Teresa's body was experiencing an excruciating transformation. Her very genetic code was being forcibly rewritten, new bone growing as muscles snapped and mended back together. Just as the Dark Lord said, He was making her into a greater being. The lightning subsided from His fingers and the pool grew eerily placid.

"Now rise, and be reborn."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Like any form of business it was good to have a set of demands. In a way she had won the jackpot with her been able to request any three things she desired be answers or items. "You will know the requests in due time... Kaine." As Teresa stopped speaking the woman bit her lower lip, the clothes that had been supplied to her though loose its light cloth would outline the girls shape as she laid on table. Her dark eyes that glowed a golden fiery orange watched as the hand drew closer to her face stopping short of physical contact. The surrounding began to change around them, twisting splitting, oozing. With one simple blink Teresa was stood atop black water. The room they once where in was no longer there. It felt oddly like illusion, though she knew better of Kaine. This felt more than just simple trickery of the mind.

The glow around her feet refracted with the water and the red above them reflected in its light soft ripples. Another blink and it was like she had missed the change. Her surrounds different once again. No more was the endless void of darkness but walls made of stone bricks varying in shape and size. It was rather mosaic. However there was more to it than simple random chaos to the bricks but the strange shapes that resembled characters or symbols structured in a particular way. How chaos and order looked spectacular in contrast. Teresa could feel the force drenched in this place. "Oh how good it feels in here." She thought as her eyes peered down to the black liquid that bubbled. It looked like something from a horror holo about some toxic monster playing with its food.

As the man besides her explained what the pool was she was given no chance to respond. A telekinetic push launched her forwards and into the depths of the waters. The words that followed sounded muffles as she obediently began to float face up on the surface. Teresa could feel cold green liquid ripple and bubble until she was forced under. When the lightning began it carved its way through finding her body. Each time a large pulse found its way her bones could be seen through the illuminated flesh.

Resisting instinct to breath her body was in extreme agony. Unlike the last time she was been transformed face down strapped to a table and dosed up, this agony was more than its pain. It was something she chose and consented to. This pain was also a sick and twisted sense of masochistic pleasure. Every fibre of her body screamed as it grew. New bones felt like hot iron inside the body, muscles expanding and stretching to the new form. Both wings wrapped around her body hiding the fact Teresa's body was tensed up from the lightning the complete rewrite of the genetic structure.

When lightning subsided her body floated to the surface of the waters that had now turned calm. After a moment her eyes snapped open as Carnifex spoke. She noticed that her sight was a little blurry Still a quiver ran through her body, the flesh that surrounded her felt alien to her. Pushing herself up right Teresa swam to the edge and pulled herself out. Rising up the first thing she noticed after clearing her eyes was how tall she stood. Peering down at her body she had noticed other noticeable ample changes to her body. The clothes that was supplied had ripped in places tight in others. Had it not been a light fabric perhaps it would have fell right off her skin, however it was only because it was wet it clung.

The metal that was once in her hands had seemed to have been rejected as it clung around the tips of each finger. It had been natural to constantly be exhausting minute amounts of her power to keep it contained and preventing it from causing excruciating pain. The lamanium began to lift away, all of it collecting into a ball that fit comfortably in the palm. It would begin to move once more as it wrapped around her wrist several times like a chrome snake, it was then Teresa noticed the scars that was around her hands had also gone replaced with soft new skin. It was easy to guess the many on her back from the wings or the lashings she received was gone also.

"You did not lie that it would be excruciatingly painful, but without pain there is no pleasure." Both hands began to trace from the back of her thighs, up and around her waist and over her chest. "Seems you added something extra too. Now I see what you find desirable." She smirked and gaze slightly up at the Dark Lord, now with a lot more ease having to not look up as much as she used to.

"The flesh has been perfected, a greater vessel for the power of the Dark Side." It was all the Dark Lord would say regarding Teresa's new body, which was far taller, far more voluptuous, than the one she had previously inhabited. Gone were the imperfections of her old existence, expunged and replaced with smooth porcelain skin, bones reinforced to be as strong as durasteel, and her muscles capable of performing great feats of strength. Her wings were changed to her exact desires, black feathers tinged with red as though each one had been lightly tipped in a pool of blood. She would find that she could exert more control over her body than she could have before.

"You will have the opportunity to test the limits of your gift." The room again shifted, melting away into shadows, the pair of them transported through space to another location. This time, it was an armory where weapons lined the walls, and a garment-fabricator was positioned in one of the corners. "Clothe yourself, and join me in the dojo. I will further your training."

ms969Ic.png

The Dark Lord lunged, sweat beading across His olive skin, the edge of His blade sparking as it clashed and skid along the edge of Teresa's weapon. They both fought with training weapons, blunted instruments with perforated edges filled with millions of microscopic toxin-filled barbs taken from pelko bugs that would cause burns to the skin on contact and temporarily paralyze the surrounding area to mimic the effect of losing a limb. Such weapons had been used for thousands and thousands of years to instruct fledgling Sith in the way of lightsaber combat, the methods considered grossly cruel and inhumane by many opposing individuals and organizations.

In time, the Dark Lord would exchange training sabers for the real thing, but for the moment He instructed His apprentice with such rudimentary weapons. He did not hold back either, He believed that a true Sith would not need to be coddled as though they were a child. They would be thrust directly into the fire, and if they got burned, then that was a lesson for them to internalize. Many of the Dark Lord's most learned apprentices had lost their limbs to their master, taken during a sparring lesson just like this. To teach a Sith loss was to bring themselves closer to the Dark Side, and prepared them for the harsh realities of dueling against opponents armed with lightsabers; that at any time you could lose a part of yourself.

"That's it, throw my defense off-center. Disrupt my stance. Breaking a Jedi's concentration is part of the key to defeating them, confuse and disorient." Carnifex suddenly broke off and rolled to the side, His blade slashing out towards Teresa's legs.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

The woman rolled her head and arms able to feel more defined muscles flex and move. She almost stood at the same level as the man before her now that was a strange sensation. All this time Teresa had been looking up to speak to him, even standing besides Kaine the height difference was rather comical. Everything felt florigen but that was not a bad thing because nothing felt wrong quite the opposite. That small amount of pain was worth the basic glances she gave herself. "I suppose I will accept your ideal of Ample perfection." Her lips curled upwards in a almost devilish smile while giving an alluring look.

This time there was no blinking as the room shifted around her, like mist rolling through at speed everything changed. Her eyes was met with weapons all around and a device she had used once or twice, for a uniform during education. Of course she did not stick to its strict dress code in its entirety, but still modest since she was an adult surrounded by kids. Mostly there was no enjoyment in something that made one feel like a box, all the clothes she'd worn through her life fit her frame well as to avoided anything that flapped about with ease.

Approaching the garment-fabricator it scanned her showing a holographic model of herself. For a moment she would check out the places that her eyes could not reach. Once again a smile showed as her mind trailed for but a second. In no time Teresa began to design the outfit out of the many patterns that was installed in the device.

In no time it had produced an outfit to her liking. Something that would be easy to move in, comfortable, good airflow and most importantly, minimal free flowing fabric. Quickly she dressed into the clothes that would be used for training and met Kaine in the training room.

OIedQlc.gif

Blades clanged together as they clashed. If anyone was to watch every step Teresa was far outmatched barely able to keep up against moves that flowed fluidly. She did not have the same experience of countless wars; nor did the woman any official training, besides the basics that was taught or the book she had memorized so long ago.

Black hair began sticking to very fair skin, the strands that came loose was heavy and wet. There had been many cuts at first each one coming with an unpleasant pain that burnt. Each cut came with learning of the mistake or be doomed for it to happen a second or third time. Everything felt faster, each hit came down harder with slow progress each movement was being pieced together that flowed better than a symphony.

Eyes never stopped watching, evaluating and taking in how Kaine moved. She found him magnificent as she tried to adapt at each turn. Something else she had begun to notice that the bodies stamina seemed a little better however it was something for her to improve with exercise. Eager as she was to try her wings out once this was over, while on Malsheem and until she was satisfied, her wings would be bound.

The sparing went on for some time till there was a small brake as things began to shift gears. Teresa took the opportunity to get a little water as Carnifex swapped out their weapons for Lightsabers. She had only used the one she owned for a long time. One the woman did not create but found so to her surprise the hilt of the one given fitted nicely in the hand.

She listened intently to the instructions, there was no time to process it as the Dark Lord began to attack with much more force. The winged sith had to be aware of where the attacks was directed to of as there was more to target. Every graze burned worse that what they trained with, least she was keeping up enough that anything that did make contact was surface level so far.

There was no intention to loose a limb, she had seen what these blades did by her own hand. Teresa already knew about loss, not in such a physical sense but the memories, experiences a life that was not lived one a life not of her own. It was not till Carnifex and Ahani did the woman know what it meant to live and have shelter, a place to belong. Nothing made sense back then not like now.

Her drive in the dark side was partly self hate of what she was before bastion, most of her drive was different, the desire to become more and to keep stealing the life that was never supposed to happen. There was no doubt in her perseverance now. Perhaps others took notice of the slight changes to the moody, illiterate girl she was, to the playful, better mannered and beautiful woman that strides with such purpose.

Waiting for the opportune moment she struck hard with a low swing towards the thigh. He had almost gotten her with the sudden brake off with a roll to the side with his own strike at her legs. The woman smirked as her blade cut off. Her wings did a powerful beat as Teresa jumped forwards with such agility. "I have head doubt works well too, makes their connection waiver a little." Her left hand planted onto his shoulder as her body was vertically above his. The end of the saber tapped against his other shoulder where the blade could have gone straight down. "Distractions are useful tools." She said while balancing on him. Teresa angled the saber enough she would simply graze before continuing the motion to land behind if given the chance to.

Now that they have transitioned to actually lightsaber, their spar became that much more dangerous. Any wrong move on either of their part could result in grievous injury, something that the Dark Lord encouraged in order to thrust His apprentice directly into the crucible. Each thrust of His weapon brought forth sparks as Teresa's saber moved to block it, the Dark Lord repeating the move in a sequence called velocities. With velocities, the master and apprentice would repeat the same action over and over again. This helped sharpen the apprentice's reflexes and taught them the proper maneuvers of Shii-Cho, the most basic of all lightsaber forms; upon which all others were built.

But as their training continues, the Dark Lord would push His apprentice more and more. He'd vary the strength and angle of attacks, dipping into His own mastery of Juyo to keep Teresa occupied with repeated attacks that came at odd intervals and unconventional angles. The floor beneath their feet was quickly marred by dozens of slash marks from their weapons, the smell of burning metal rising up like a foul stench from a bog. The Dark Lord rarely spoke throughout this, except to bark simple commands to encourage Teresa's speed, movement, foot placement, among other things. It wasn't until Teresa broke her stance, leaping up to balance herself on Carnifex's shoulder, that He allowed a sliver of His power to be unleashed.

Teresa's blade would suddenly snuff out, as though the beam of plasma had been pulled back into its sheath. Then, a powerful energy was slam against her from the side, powerful enough to send her flying back and to the ground if she didn't catch herself first. "Good," came the Dark Lord's monotone rumble, "Use your enhanced abilities to supplement your fighting style, it will disorient your enemies." He reached out with His left hand, His fingers curling inwards to resemble the gnarled talon of a fierce raptor. "But when facing a master of the Dark Side, you must be prepared for everything." Suddenly, crimson lightning spilled forth from the tips of His outstretched fingers, snaking through the air directly towards Teresa.

Though the Dark Lord of the Sith kept His immense power constrained for the sake of training, the power He did unleash was still strong enough to cause excruciating burns and send the nervous system into a chaotic spasm. Had the Dark Lord wished to unleash the full extent of His power, it was very possible that Teresa would have been killed instantly, if not vaporized outright. But no, the Dark Lord did not seek His apprentice's death, only to further her training through His cruel and unorthodox methods.

Pain, after all, was the scalpel of creation.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Before she had the chance to continue her motion that powerful slam sent her balance of and flying off to the side. There was no time to land properly, but learning to fly taught her how to land right. Her body began to roll as she curled up like a droideka only to spring her feet out at the right moment to stop facing Carnifex and ready to move. The smiled at the praise but the words that followed the gesture he made with his hand, well they made the hairs across her whole body stand on end. It was like her instincts screamed danger. She ignited the blade raising it up defensively just as the crimson lightning arched towards her.

A fair amount was pulled the the blade of plasma however it would still snap and lash at the woman. Each time causing a shock that ran through her body. It caused muscles to tense and ache, even organs struggling under the sadistic shocks. Each bit of pain was fuel, every lick of the lightning was energy to be turned back. Teresa's other hand began to pull other weapons from the wall; swords, spears, polearms and sabers if they was close by her they would begin to float then dart in a random order. Slowly rising from her crouched position the woman would be making a slow progression to move towards the Dark Lord. After the first few steps the first two weapons darted through the air towards Kaine.

Both wings moved up then down, in a fast leap to the side to brake free of the Lightnings grasp. Several more flew at Carnifex each one aimed for something vital or to incapacitate. Once again pushing more to close the distance with the remaining few weapons her blade came into strike. Teresa was not interested to remain on the defensive, she was showing a seriousness to her movements. Her blade came across mustering her own natural speed and dexterity. In the back of her head, it was obvious that Kaine would defend against her attacks, and would even manage to defend against the remaining few weapons she was controlling.

Years of keeping the metal inside from freely moving about was a constant ever lasting lesson of control, one that had to be maintained even while asleep. The use of moving all these weapons felt like a similar exertion of the force even while attacking with them. Though it was a new way for her to use such a tactic and it showed. Each one that was knocked away took a moment to pull it back, unless flung non had a serious strength to it. Perhaps that was because so much focus was centred on her body and the target. However there was one thing to note, through trial and error her stance had changed to match that of the saber forums almost. In a way it could be said she was adapting them to fit her best.

"Being prepared is not always an option, never know what to expect. Who knows what cards one holds close to their chest, what secret that could turn the tide. Besides, what is a little pain other than a motivator to push harder and brake ones limits." She did not relent on exchanging blows while speaking. Still most attacks that came towards her was either near misses a block and the occasional hit where her moves was anticipated. All these years and never had she experienced someone who fought like it was art. To be at the side taking the blows was exhilarating and frightening in a way she derived excitement.

Through out the training so far, she had mostly smiled up until taking things seriously. It was then her expression was almost blank as to not wear her emotions upon her sleeves. Still she did not know how to hide her feelings and thoughts through the force. Carnifex, the Dark Lord who could simply squash her like a rodent would still know that despite the pain, this was all fun to her.

After all, Teresa had suffered much pain from being a little girl. It was so natural that it was an ecstasy in which pushed her forward. No longer was she the same as that child, or the young woman who was captured as a grand prize or even that experiment. All these years her mind had been trained, now her skills. Every step to this point was evolution.

OIedQlc.gif

The light was almost too blinding.

Arcs of scintillating crimson light filled the air between them, sustained by the Dark Lord's power. Teresa held the majority of it at bay, her lightsaber acting as a conduit for the energy to harmlessly terminate, but her skin yet suffered the lash of His terrible fury. Several times the energy threatened to overwhelm His Sith apprentice, the blade of her lightsaber appearing to bend where the lightning crashed against it. Though the Dark Lord could have forced His apprentice into submission through sheer force alone, He withheld His vast strength so that she could learn.

He could sense His apprentice taking hold of the surrounding weapons and levitating them into the air, each one buoyed by her own power. They rotated until they pointed directly at the Dark Lord, bladed edges reflecting the light from His ferocious barrage. At first, only two rushed forward, hungering for His blood. He dispatched both of them with His lightsaber, anticipating their movement and striking right before they came near enough to almost touch Him. Their broken pieces clattered to the floor at His feet, the riven edges still smoldering where the lightsaber had left its mark.

Teresa broke free of the stalemate, beating her wings furiously as she evaded to the side of the now free electrical torrent. The arcs of electricity crashed against the wall behind where she had once been, dancing along the metal and causing it to warp from the heat. Carnifex allowed the energy to die out, pulling His hand back as more of the levitated weapons started moving towards Him. With deft, calculating motions, He cut them to ribbons, sending what remained of them scattering to the ground. Then His blade found Teresa's, the two weapons crackling as the opposing energies collided.

"Very good, very good." Their blades snapped back and forth, striking one another in rapid succession as their duel became closer, more intimate. "You have controlled your fear, now you must release your anger. Only your hatred can lead you to victory." In all things, the Dark Lord championed hate. It was the principle driving motivation behind all of His ambitions, that overwhelming hatred for life itself. Within the Dark Lord existed an endless wellspring of hate, carefully cultivated after many long decades of suffering. To behold all of that hate at once would be to court madness and death, for there was yet a being alive that could truly comprehend just how far the Dark Lord's hatred went.

"Remember, my young apprentice, mastery of your fear is the first step on your path to the Dark Side. Mastery of fear leads to mastery of anger, master of anger leads to mastery of hate." He pushed against her lightsaber with His own, following with a vicious flurry of attacks meant to overwhelm Teresa's defenses. "And master of hate leads to suffering."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Their blades kept clashing over and over with fury. Each time it almost became like dance between the two with no structure or rhythm. Each crash of the weapons a crescendo of an out of time symbol being played. It was hard not to notice the sweat running down her back and chest even Teresa's hair was clinging to the forehead. Still she kept up trying to keep her moves on the attack as much as possible even while Kaine spoke. The advance however would not be maintained, of the first two attacks from the flurry she managed to barely block, but the thirst one struck across porcelain white skin. For most skin that fair made them look sickly, seriously ill, just not the woman who owned the complexion.

When the fourth strike came, Teresa leaped back. Rather than try to block it was better to avoid. "You should know me better after these years. I hate most things, people frustrate me teeming with their own fruitless agendas. Everyone ready to point a knife. Could say I hate more than I like. Also I hate it when you call me apprentice, titles are just the worst." She relaxed her stance some, the remaining two weapons that was being controlled dropped to the floor point down. "I have come to like the kids that I was thought alongside, perhaps because it was like I was making up for that chance I never had. They where always simple and clearly knew where I stood with em. The lady that could fly and played games with." Musingly she smiled while turning around. Her senses never leaving Kaine in case he moved to strike.

"I have come to like you because you're blunt about things. Never have you tried to deceive me. Though I suppose you tried to own me and hand me off to Ahani. However, thanks to you both I've somewhere I now belong. Even if I do not entirely fit in or have a place, It's good here. Everything else well it can fething die for all I care. A galaxy on fire, all screaming out at once would be the dream, however ambitious that would be far outside my own power." She began to idly waft her saber around, eyes following the hue's of the blade and the humm it emitted. "It's never been kind to me... the galaxy, people. The very first time I thought I had broke my chains, it was like more waited outside the doors of freedom.

A little girl roaming the streets scrounging, people would kick me down till I flashed a lightsaber. Didn't even know the importance of it back then. I just knew the sight of that thing made people run. Still don't get how I killed the man who once owned me. Imagine, being killed by a slave who should have fell easily."
Teresa scoffed and shook her head. "It's what the pig deserved. You could say I have hated for a long time, filled with anger that wishes nothing more than to lash out at the galaxy. I care not for anyone else's life, the worlds they live and houses they build."

She turned back facing Kaine, her eyes locking onto his. She raised the lightsaber once again. "I only care for what I want, what I need and my goals." She rushed forwards, throwing the lightsaber at Carnifex as a distraction. The moment that he blocked the blade Teresa would try to push the man to the ground and if he fell, well she would pounce like a Cathar and pin his hands above the mans head as she sat across his abdomen. "There is a great deal I want and need, and you know my goal is to simply never stop growing stronger and better." Any second, she was ready to be tossed off him, expecting it almost.

OIedQlc.gif

The lightsaber spun end over end towards Carnifex. Had it continued uninterrupted, it would have struck Him directly in the chest. But the Dark Lord simply swiped His own saber from left to right, catching the oncoming blade and sending the weapon spinning in an uncoordinated arc towards the side of the dojo. The lightsaber struck the wall, leaving a noticeable scorch mark where the plasma blade dragged along the metal, before fizzling out and the hilt loudly clattering to the floor.

Teresa lunged at Him, arms outstretched to catch His hands and pin them to the floor after she had tackled Him down. But Carnifex's left hand moved like a viper, wrapping around both of her wrists and using her own momentum against her by swinging her around and to the floor. Then, in a reverse twist, the Dark Lord pinned her hands to the floor above her head and knelt down with His knees to either side of her torso. His right hand angled the lightsaber tip until it hovered mere centimeters from her neck, the heat causing heavy perspiration over her porcelain white neck.

"You are clever, my young apprentice, but not clever enough." Then He deactivated His blade and released Teresa's hands, standing up and standing beside her. He sheathed His weapon on His belt and motioned for Teresa to rise. "This session has ended, we will cleanse and eat before your next lesson." He then began to walk in the direction of the nearby wall, a door opening up in its smooth seamless surface that led to a small antechamber where the Dark Lord began to remove His soiled garments. Adjacent to that was a large communal refresher large enough for up to ten people, replete with several water fonts.

Once the Dark Lord had finished disrobing, He entered the refresher, which turned on at His approach. Now disrobed, the Dark Lord's muscular body could be fully seen. It was riddled with scars, both on the front and the back. Thousands of confrontations across the galaxy, hundreds of duels, great battles that left permanent marks upon the galaxy. Each faded slash of silver was a story in of itself, and the Dark Lord remembered where He had received them all.

Just as He remembered the faces of those that had given them to Him.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

As Carnifex straddled her and the lightsaber blade loomed near her neck, the woman was panting deeply able to catch her breath. The expression upon the woman's face was one of submission, almost innocent but that was not all. There was a hunger deep in Teresa's eyes peering up at Kaine backed by a feeling that was abnormal to her. She looked upon his face with respect, to respect him was to also fear what the man could do. Yet the woman also trusted him in some degree. Her chest rose and fell with each breath made easier to see with both hands pinned above. "I was not trying to be cleaver. Merely I wanted to see if I could. I have my answer even if it did not satisfy me." A smile grew across her lips.

With a little effort Teresa sat up then rose onto her feet. Part of her was glad this bout of training was over. Exposed skin was almost glossy from being drenched in sweat. Her new frame was still new and it was easier to tell that moving was more energy consuming than before. "A shower actually sounds great right now." She said in a breathy voice. Of course Teresa followed Kaine into the next room and like him, she also removed the wet clothes that landed with a light thud. It did take her a few moments longer given wings made it difficult, even if the clothes she wore was designed with them in mind there was always extra steps. Not like everyone else who could take clothes off as easy as putting them on.

Walking towards the sound of the pitter patter of running water golden orange eyes began to inspect the multitude of scars made against a muscular frame. Each step drew her closer till she was able to run a hand down the man's back. One lone finger moved from each mark made as she wondered where each one came from. "You have so many. I am curious, do you bare these like trophies you are proud of or reminders of those you've faced?" She slowly walked around Kaine finger now tracing his waist and up to his chest. There was no bashfulness or any kind of shame in how she acted. For a woman it was perhaps almost strange unbeknown to her.

Water began to fall onto her with such warmth. It felt relaxing, like it would be easy to stay here until no more thoughts rattled around inside the mind. "No doubt in time my own skin may show the similar marks left, like these fresh cuts will turn into. Each one I know that I will ware these with pride, but also a reminder to keep growing." As Teresa looked up only a little bit to see his face, no longer feeling like her neck would brake and ache. Both wings stretched out wide letting the plumage get toughly soaked by huge rainfall shower, then they closed again only to partly wrap around the woman's toned frame.

Teresa turned around sweeping black hair away. In a slow motion she moved her head back as eyes closed. The barraging water felt like a face massage.

OIedQlc.gif

"They are what they are, I hold them in no high regard." There were some among the Sith who might have fostered some vain sense of sentimentality for the injuries they had survived, an indicator of what they had endured. Some may boast and tout their scars as something to be admired, the embodiment of their martial prowess. But the Dark Lord never held those beliefs, He simply saw His scars for what they were; the healed tissue of faded wounds. He may remember where He received each one and who inflicted it, but it was only information and nothing more.

Carnifex looked at His apprentice, taking note of her unblemished skin as she spoke about receiving her own scars in time. "It is a certainty. No Sith is truly impervious, there will always be gaps in your armor and those who exploit them. A Sith knows how to compensate for these gaps, and how to endure when they are taken advantage of. A Jedi's lightsaber may find its mark, a blaster bolt may singe your flesh, an assassin's dirk may sheath itself in your back, and your body may be wracked with poison or immolated by flame." The Dark Lord of the Sith, perhaps more than anyone else, knew the truth in His own words. They were not mere examples, Carnifex had suffered the indignity of every one of them many times over in His long tenure as a Master of the Dark Side.

"Your training, that which I have bestowed upon you, will ensure that you survive." Carnifex continued to bathe himself, wiping away the grime and grunge that had accumulated across His body during His session with Teresa. Like her, the Dark Lord felt no bashfulness or shame. The culture from which He derived held a very lax view on both nudity and sexuality, with the hot and humid climate of Panatha often resulting in many of the planet's inhabitants stripping down to endure the heat. Women often left their chests completely or partially uncovered, often proving to be a cultural shock to off-worlders that venture to the planet's surface.

Stepping out from the shower, Carnifex summoned a cloth towel to His hand with the Force and began to dry away the water from His body. A pair of simple clothes had been left for Him and for His apprentice, both sets folded neatly on a nearby bench for their convenience. After He had dried, the Dark Lord clothed Himself and smoothed His long black-and-gray hair so that it did not obscure His face. Even in these mundane circumstances, He looked every bit the warrior-king He was reputed as across the galaxy.

A man that His people called God-King.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Even if Teresa assumed as much, asking such trivial questions let her know more about the man, try to understand how he thinks. As much as that was indeed an impossible task. "Humm, I expected you would say something on those lines, and yes I am very aware no armor is impervious. Even if my flesh has become a blank canvas once again there is no doubt marks will be left, like the ones you have already written onto my skin already. Though I wanted to be sure what kind of answer you would give..." She closed her eyes and began to lather her skin in soap to lift away the sweat leaving it with a more enjoyable sent. Just as fast as she lathered it was washed away in almost an instant.

Her hands moved onto her hair, fingers delving deep to get all the way down. "Training that I will take to heart and burn into my very body, however surviving is not enough anymore. To live to be free that is what I want. I know you can give me just that in time. I keep my eyes on you, surely you've noticed even if for a while now it's been from a far." Teresa's eyes opened slowly her gaze falling back upon the man of mystery.

"I find you fascinating Kaine... the more I watch you and around you, the more I'd like to know. Thing is I cannot work out why I do. Impulse perhaps tried to work out for a while, even I confuse myself. So much seems strange, new, gradually these feelings keep getting more... intense? I don't know."

In moments the shampoo was quickly washed out of her thick black hair and soon left the shower herself to dry off. With the use of pyrokinesis Teresa heated the air around her hair, not quite creating a flame but the beginning steps she always took to creating a spark for the flames. A practice the woman had used many times to warm up when cold, but also useful for more trivial things. The metal that was now round her wrist fell away taking shape of a comb taking out knots then finally back around her wrist. Her hair would never go straight with natural slight curls.

Finally she began to get into the clothing that was set out for her. Not a set she would particularly wear any other time, though given her new size all her old clothing would no longer fit. Least they gave thought into it had made careful incisions down the back for her wings to slide through. It was still a struggle to get into still Teresa made it into the black and grey robes that fit her body nicely.

Watching Kaine move his hair from out his face, Teresa could not resist the slight roll of her eyes. From the shine it was still lightly damp. Ripping a piece of the long sash that was on the training cloths the woman moved over to carnifex. "Stay still." She said out of character for her given she'd never gave a command to the man before. Yet it was a light urge that was driving her. He would notice no malicious intent to do what she wanted, her hands would scoop his hair into the palm of one hand as she used the force to tie the piece of cloth around like a hair tie around the middle of the sections. Enough so it could fan out near his head and still keep a masculine style. "That will keep it out your face."

Casually she moved away and in front of the man. "That's better."

OIedQlc.gif

"Ikead..."

Despite the derogatory term, the Dark Lord did not stop Teresa from binding His hair back. He could have easily done it Himself, He did not require His apprentice's aid. The fact that He did allow it to happen regardless would have stunned many of His contemporaries and nearly all of His devout servants, who killed one another to even be within proximity to their Dark Father. Some would have considered it heretical, to touch the Dark Lord in such a casual manner.

The Dark Lord could envision her now, a particular short and bottom-heavy devotee growing red in the face if she had known. First Sister First Sister was many things, but permissive was not one of them. Covetous as she was, it wouldn't have surprised the Dark Lord if she desired to see Teresa dead. Fortunately, it was only the two of them in the room, and such privacy allowed the Dark Lord to lower the stern, imperious outer shell He often wore in front of His followers. Not entirely, of course, He would never allow His guard to drop when an apprentice was near.

That old dictate still held sway among the Sith ranks, even for one He had molded to serve.

Rising, the Dark Lord looked to Teresa. "You're infatuated, my young apprentice. I can see it in your eyes, that glimmer of idolatry. Be sure that it does interfere with your studies, I will not have my apprentice be compromised by an adolescent fixation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom