Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Corona-class Long-Range Turbolaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
jL8dwef.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To produce a very heavy turbolaser to act as the main battery weapon large star destroyers and battlecruisers
  • Image Source: Originally here, modified by yours truly
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Lucerne Labs
  • Affiliation: Directorate, Silver Jedi, Closed-Market
  • Model: Corona-class Long-Range Turbolaser
  • Modularity: Can be installed into different types of mounts or turrets (double barreled, triple barreled, etc)
  • Production: Mass-Produced.
  • Material: durasteel casing, synthetic agrocite, dallorian alloy barrel, ionizing focusing coils, standard turbolaser components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Long Range Turbolaser
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power / Gas canister
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: High (Ion Mode only: Average)
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Roughly equivalent to 5 turbolasers in terms of power
  • Composite Construction: The Corona uses some minor materials engineering features to improve its ability to project intense weapons fire, noticeably using synthetic agrocite to improve power output and dallorian alloy to better withstand the heat produced by the weapon's firing.
  • Ionizing Focusing Coils: The Corona is probably one of the largest weapons to use ionizing focusing coils that started to appear in the late Clone Wars. As blaster gas is pumped through the weapon's operating system, these coils help partially ionize it. Consequently, the turbolasers bolts that do hit the target not only deal typical thermal energy, but ion energy as well which can be particularly useful in breaking through shields. Their use does detract from the outright thermal damage though. The ionizing coils can use variable amounts of power, allowing it almost completely concentrate producing purely destructive thermal damage. Conversely, gas can be fully ionized and then fired, essentially turning the Corona into a long-range ion cannon, though its damage potential is more limited in this mode.
STRENGTHS
  • Exceptional RangeThe Corona has a relatively long-range mostly because of extensive use of advanced galven circuitry, including its ionizing focusing coils which can improve bolt cohesion, and thus range.
WEAKNESSES
  • Large: Like other long-range turbolasers, the Corona is somewhat larger than the average turbolaser and uses more more power than the standard turbolaser.
DESCRIPTION
The Corona Turbolaser project started out as a simple long-range turbolaser design intended to replace Lucerne Labs reliance on outside, licensed designs which cut into the company's profits and independence. Near the end stage of development, several of the company's more talented designers who had worked on the Tyrvald II were brought in. While they were not able to introduce some of the more cutting edge variable charge technology into the weapon at this stage of design, the Corona's galven circuitry design was not yet complete. Consequently, they turned to reviving the use of older, underutilized ion focusing galven circuitry into the design. Not only did this improve the Corona's range through improved bolt cohesion, it also turned some of the Corona's damage output from pure thermal to partially ionic damage. The amount of blaster gas ran through this specialized circuitry can be varied to the point of almost imperceptible ionic damage into a fully ionic weapon, though this later setting leads to overall reduced damage output. While not as groundbreaking as the latest iteration of the Tyrvald, the versatility of the Corona to deal both thermal and ionic damage means it is likely to become a steady stable in Lucerne Labs product line-up.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Gir Quee Gir Quee

Good day! I'm Shuk, and I'll be reviewing your submission! An LR Turbolaser that doubles as an Ion Cannon, now this I like. Don't often see this sort of versatility in a turbolaser submission, good on you, sir!

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Everything looks good here. Love the use of (synthetic) agrocite to beef up the weapon's output. Dallorian alloy is fantastic as a barrel choice.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Ratings fit the description, intention and are balanced!

SPECIAL FEATURES
Solid amount of detail. I like it. Also a fan of the FFG Star Wars RPG stuff I see, seems like a scaling up of the modification detailed in that sourcebook, which seems fine to me.

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Seems fine to me, of course it'll depend on the ship that eventually uses these having a sensible number mounted, but otherwise it looks fine to me.

So, I'm happy to move this up the ladder! Pending mentor approval Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom