Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cooling old wounds

Objective: Who knows?
Tags: Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt

Beskar'gam
Velmorite bladed lightsabers
Knife on ankle
Ladies Watch under body glove
FDS-4F blaster pistol in thigh holster
Several thermal detonators
Marzanna
Datapad

Untitled184-20220731185704.png
Mairéad had finally tracked down the diminutive little mandalorian that had nearly killed her on Dromuund Kaas, to Naboo of all places? Who was this guy? She expected to find him in Enclave space but she was pleased to be on naboo instead, it was pretty here, it was mid spring and all the birds and flowers were on full display.

She spoke in Mando'a to the doorman of this bar thar was popular with his... her people. That would be a fun suprise for him when he spotted this woman he supposed was a Sith, bow armoured in Beskar. She smirked, he will probably think it was stolen and shoot her. But at least now she was more prepared, it was close last time, and she was more powerful now.

"I'm looking for a Krayt by the name of Vulcan, he drink here?"

"Drink? Not here no, he's a bit young, but he's probably out back."

Wow, only a kid? And he nearly killed her, impressive work, she was wasnt an easy fight herself "No problem, can you get me a whiskey, whatever he drinks and get someone to drag him in for me?"

"No problem, take a seat in the booth over there, can I give him a name?"

"No, I'd rather not, he doesn't know mine anyway, but you can tell him I am vod." she smirked as she took the two drinks and sat down. She placed her helmet on the seat next to her and pushed her braided hair behind her ears. She was nervous, but she needed to do this. She wanted to tie up any loose ends from her previous life.

Objective: Meet with fellow Mandalorian
Equipment: Sword, M.I. Beskar'gam Mk.1 M.I. 'Sunstroke' jetpack M.I. Model 6 hybrid pistol
Tag: Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

enclavediv4.png

Having been relegated to the garden, Vulcan sulked, he arrived back here to do a fix-up job on his residence and collect a starfighter-sized pile of posts that had overflowed his mailbox, mostly spam, take-out menus and a few less than pleasant letters. One had a very Xenophobic tone to it that Vulcan had binned the offending letter after reading it, some very vile stuff. He paid all the bills and removed the dust and webs from the house. He doesn't live here as much as he did and that's okay. His name is on the deeds.

The Garden was lovely and there were flowers as far as he can see, bees and butterflies danced on the blooms. Vivid colours make the beds shimmer like a kaleidoscope. Kestri doesn't have these things and Vulcan had missed them dearly as a dash of colour is a very good mood elevator. He had a fruity blend drink on him and he had to use a placemat to stop the hungry and extremely angry wasps from divebombing his drink.

A member of staff approached him to tell him a member of the Vod wanted to see him, they gave a brief description to allow him to quickly see who it was and the Bartender fixed the fruity explosion drink for him as he entered the noisy Cantina bar. It took him a few moments to notice another Mandalorian in the booth directly in front of him. Yet, something was gnawing at the back of his mind that she was familiar but Dromund Kass had been a flashbulb memory, brief jumbled memories that pop up occasionally.

The seats were too high, go figure. But not too high to be too bothersome, that gnawing intensified as he gave her a small nod in greeting.

"Vode An." He says in Mando'a, thick with accent, his grasp is getting better but still unlikely to be fluent enough for a prolonged conversation.

Beskar'gam
Knife on ankle
Marzanna
Datapad

"Vode an, Vulcan Krayt I assume?" Mairéad said in a welcoming but cautious voice, she couldnt remember if he would recognise her Zygerrian accent, did they even speak before the fought, it was a blur.

Mairéad gestured to the seat and the batman brought over whatever his previous order had been, she did not intend this to be a confrontation unless it had to be one, so little gestures like buying a drink, might smooth things, as far as she was aware, Vulcan was an adult in her culture so she would be respectful and treat him as such. But he had already tried to kill her once. She smiled and continued speaking again.

"So, you haven't pulled a gun on me, so either you don't remember me, or do, but you wish to hear me out?

My name is Mairéad of house Solus,I have been looking for you for a little while, thankfully your sigil was easily recognisable and I was able to get hold of some Enclave after action reports."
She grinned, after all this wouldn't it be a quirk of the force if she was speaking to the wrong mandalorian.

"You were on Dromuund Kaas? Southern Pole, fought a young woman on the snow, damn near killed her?" she wished the Ubese didn't permanently wear masks so she could read his response better. Her gun was on the table and her hands were where he could see them, a deliberate move on her part to show she was not here on a petty revenge mission.

"Remember me now?" she grinned at him with a wicked innocence in her eyes. She was nervous but she had to hide it in case she inadvertently triggered the wrong response from the young man.

Equipment: Sword, M.I. Beskar'gam Mk.1 M.I. 'Sunstroke' jetpack M.I. Model 6 hybrid pistol

enclavediv4.png

Vulcan settled into the seat opposite Mairead while still having a strange feeling of Deja vu about the whole thing. The Bar hummed with noise and an array of languages and accents. It was homely and made anyone feel at ease, well almost, that painting of an old lady staring unblinkingly across the Cantina ruins the mood somewhat, must be the owner's Nan. The staring made his skin tingle with extra unease.

The teenager drank his fruit drink down and looked content at least on the outside.

But Vulcan wasn't at ease as a memory of pain and becoming too cold to think straight, phantom pain reminded him that he had no leg now and it dawned on him exactly why his brain was trying to tell him something.

This was the same person he met on Dromund Kass and he felt his hair stand on end as the memories came flooding back in. He was not able to reach for his weapon, maybe in his shock, he knew not to or not to repeat the same action twice. He loved fighting yes, but he wasn't stupid to start one here.

<"Yes, I do now."> He replies unease colouring his words. He did what he had to, yet he was still a youngster that knew it was heavy-handed. He shook the feeling away, Mandalorians are fearless.

Beskar'gam
Knife on ankle
Marzanna
Datapad

Mairéad detected the unease in the young man's voice and, despite the risk the tension post it relaxed her, if he was sure how to act, he would have pulled his gun already. "It's OK Krayt, I dont mind admitting have been nervous about this meeting too, you could have spotted me across the room and stuck one in my skull." she grinned and sipped from her drink "You still might. But I want to assure you, I'm not her for some petty revenge, I wasn't vod back then, but, well I guess it kind of makes us distant kin now?"

She looked at the man who had brought her closer to death than any other person she had ever come across, but she wasn't angry at him.

"I'm curious though, why did you try to kill me? Did you find it?" she referred to the treasure she had been seeking when she was attacked, the golden bowl with information that could help her control her powers. Since that event the tuition from Stardust had surpassed what that old relic could have taught her, but she still wondered if the object of the mission that led to her death was now being used as some fruit bowl in a mandalorian kitchen.

"You are younger than i expected?" she wouldn't try to patronise him for his age, in their culture adulthood was determined by their verd'goten, but she had not expected to see a teenager opposite her.

enclavediv4.png

Vulcan carefully sipped his drink, he wasn't the vengeful kind, he hadn't thought about her until this encounter. Phantom pain reminded him abruptly of the brashness that got him into that fight in the first place and why he has only one leg. He started the fight but he didn't care about the whys and hows of Dromund Kass, as he was looking to fight or capture something in the South.

She was also Vod and a Mando'ade now and even if he could remember her face, he didn't while she had her helmet on. He had kept his hands on the table because the last thing he needed was to sour the meeting ... again.

She was a distant sister through Manda after all now.

Vulcan looked at her bewildered, he wasn't looking for anything in particular, if a fight counted, he was looking for that. He racked his brain if there were any artefacts or things that needed to be brought back to Kestri that he had seen during their fight. Then his memory got fuzzy, he had seen flashes of Shai and the blizzard. So, he couldn't help her in that regard as he was too busy fighting to pay a lick of attention.

<"I wasn't looking for anything in particular just to secure the structure at the Southern Pole. I started the fight because I thought you were a sith or EE."> He replies not quite looking at Mairead.

His age surprises people, and sometimes catches them off guard, he knows that he'll never get any taller than he is now and he's okay with it. He's proven himself repeatedly. Even if he got himself into a bloodied mess now and again.

<"If you can hold a gun or sword and know how to use them, you are ready to fight."> Vulcan replies with a hint of pride.

Beskar'gam
Knife on ankle
Marzanna
Datapad

<"If you can hold a gun or sword and know how to use them, you are ready to fight.">

"So I understand. Its quite the culture and you are an excellent fighter as my memory recalls. So i can clarify now, i am not Sith, nor am i of the EE, im just me, and apparently now i am this as well, she tapped her chestplate" she knew she had no place to feel guilty, he attacked her and she defended herself, but she couldn't help but feel a tiny bit of discomfort at her loss of control. "The leg... does it hurt?" she had a genuine look of remorse in her face, that encounter had been the most power she had ever felt through her body and she had barely lived, only by allowing the darkside to consume her had she survived.

"If we can, i'd like to put all that behind us?" she began unclipping the armoured plates that covered her upper arm, she wished to show the man the scar she had on her own body from their encounter, where her upper humorous had had to be replaced, shattered by his bullet.

enclavediv4.png

<"Sometimes it hurts pretty bad as if it was tingling with burning pain, the doctors say it's phantom pain, hmph."> He replied, taking a sip of his drink, the fruit dancing on his tastebuds pleasantly. <"Phantom or not, it doesn't feel very nice."> He added grumpily. At least he can still wear socks.

Vulcan had concluded when he saw Mairead today that she wasn’t any of those and he did twiddle his thumbs in remorse at how far he took it all. He knew he had to do what he did. But still, it was reckless and a testament to his lingering immaturity.

He winced at her scar and the long healing process it took to get to this point and he was concerned that he never considered her in all this. He was very willing to put the whole thing behind them. Mairead is Vod and he will wash the slate clean, he still found the saying odd, as if his mind cannot conceptualise the metaphor without it being literal.

<"Does your shoulder hurt?"> He asked, genuinely concerned, only pausing for a moment before continuing. <"Gladly, let's put it to history.">

Vulcan ordered another glass of fruit juice.

Beskar'gam
Knife on ankle
Marzanna
Datapad

Mairéad listened and thought. "Can you use the force? I can help you forget the pain, takes a little focus but it's an offer."

She took a swig from her drink and ignited a cigarra, "Smoke?" she offered him the pack then leaned back. "Such a futile world sometimes, I didn't get my quarry, we blew up a building and both ended up needing parts of our bodies replaced, forrrrr......" she smirked and let him complete the sentence.

Doing this had been nerve wracking, she had increased in power since they had last met, there was no reason to believe he had not either, the difference was, anyone in this room could be his vod and ready to join him on taking revenge for their fight. But now she simply felt calm, at peace that yet another of her loose ends had been cleaned up. It was early days but she might even one day be able to count the young man as an ally.

"If you ever need a friend in Solus, here" she slid a comm chit across the table at him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom