Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consulting and Adulting

Corellia

There weren't many planets like Corellia out there. Where else could you find top rated ships, crime, a great vista, and decent pilots for hire? The planet was one in a million, maybe one in a billion if you were to be more accurate. And, maybe just as important, they did make some good booze here too.

A little winsome convincing made the bar tender serve Nyree up a Mai Tai, even if it was out of place on this world, it was really friggin good. Even though she was a few years under the age limit here, Nyree was a master negotiator. Those negotiation skills were exactly what had brought her here in the first place. One of the locals was looking to get herself a new ship, Nyree had been one of the quick listed ones there to take the job. She could sniff out a great deal buried under a pile of crap. She could find the value of anything without hesitation. She just had a knack for it.

The teen gave a satisfied grin as she sipped from her mixed drink. She swiped further down on her datapad. She popped back and forth between a social media app and her marketing info on the local ships for sale. The gal she was setting up with, Elizabeth Folly, hadn't said what her budget was just yet, what she was looking for, or really much. And to be frank, Nyree hadn't asked either. She felt those sort of details were best handled in person. Holograms were great and all, but there was something about getting someone in the same room that made Nyree just a little bit better at negotiating than others.

The door to the bar opened and a chick came in who matched Nyree's client. She tucked her datapad away, flashing her winning merchant smile.

"Nyree Justice, good to finally meet you," Nyree extended her hand for the other woman to shake. As the woman sat, she smoothed out her snowy white lace top. "Well, good to finally meet you in person, Gotta say, I'm digging the vibe you got going on. Very lit," Nyree tapped the table, "What can I do for you, gorgeous? Sometime the best question we can start by asking is 'what do I wanna do with this bugger?'"

[member="Elizabeth Folly"]

Elizabeth was a fresh faced high school graduate and smarter than anybody else in her class. She was so smart and intelligent that she had gotten a free right through one of the universities of Corellia. Youngest in her class there, she was accepted due to her piloting skills.

She was also a bit of a rebel and displayed this through some of her actions. Her clothing changed daily and her hair color almost as much. Today she was a mismatched urchin and her hair was various colors. Nothing extreme for Elizabeth though.

The teen had made a request for help in picking out a steal of a ship and getting the best for her buck. Contact had been made and an agreement to meet at one of the bars. A local establishment that catered to the younger crowd and someplace that didn't ask many questions.

Walking in, her eyes fell on the other girl and she tipped her head in her direction as she walked over. Returning the handshake with one of her own and accepting the comments with a typical teenage attitude.

"Your hair is lovely. What do you use on it?"

Taking a seat at the table, a drink was set in front of them. She picked it up and took about half of it down in a few gulps.

"I need something that is fast. If it's fast enough I don't need to worry about too much weaponry."

[member="Nyree Justice"]

Nyree tilted her head to the side giving a cheery, winsome smile, "Oh, you know, the usual stuff. Nubian Limited's line of hair care is really doing it for me lately. The all natural thing is totally working wonders."

She took a sip from her glass. Her eyes widened slightly as the purple haired girl basically chugged half her glass away. with a few gulps. The other girl wasn't playing around. "Well, apparently we are as thirsty as we are good looking."

She tapped on her datapad. Fast was a little subjective, but speed over armament was something she could work with. Fast enough I don't need weapons was even more. The girl pulled up a pair of filters and brought the minimum speed up as high as she could. Then she filtered out a couple of local brands that she didn't like the name of. Brown and Bowing just was pretty unsexy.

"Alright," Nyree said. "That narrowed it down to a few hundred thousand choices here. What are we going to do with it? Passengers? Cargo? Both? Or just planet hopping?"

"Natural huh?"

Lifting a hand to her dyed locks, Elizabeth shook her head and let go of them.

"I can throw these back like a champ. You're quite a sight if I might say so as well."

The idle chatter didn't last long before Nyree had a few things pulled up for her to look through.

"Maybe one or two people only, nothing too big. And doesn't need to have much for painting or color. Detailing like that I can take care of. Do I look like some sort of freighter captain to you?"

Letting out a small huff, she took another drink and set the glass down. Shaking her head, she looked through the list and narrowed it down a little more by saying what she did.

"More just planet hopping. Something large enough I can take my time if I wanted to and carry a few supplies. Not a freighter though. Got that?"

[member="Nyree Justice"]

[member="Elizabeth Folly"]

"Oh yeah, it is legit so shway," Nyree said with a wave of her hand, "I literally could not even if I didn't have that going on. I was skeptical at first but a friend of mine told me how it was working for her and I just had to. 10/10 would totes do again."

Nyree gave a sly smirk at Elizabeth's comment. Her lips turned upward in a devil-may care, impish grin, "Oh me? You think so? I would guess you're looking at a mirror, sweetie."

Nyree tapped out Elizabeth's new requests. Basically everyone and their dog thought they could make some great freighters, medium, light, heavy, or otherwise. She filtered out all of the ships without hyperdrive--or with a hyperdrive slower than 5.1. The brunette tapped her chin. There weren't a lot of ships that would meet Elizabeth's needs.

"Let's look at couriers and yachts then," Nyree offered, and the list drastically shrank. "There aren't a lot of either, but both tend to capitalize on speed, have a decent enough cargo hold and keep a few spare seats around in case you need a hooker or John to fly with you. But," Nyree's voice trailed off for a second, "that raises a good question; on a scale of Gucci to off brand, how much luxury are we looking at needing?"

She would keep the hair suggestion in mind, but that wasn't what she was here for. Giving Nyree a touch of a smile, she nodded and almost chuckled. The two of them seemed to be getting along well enough. Perhaps something would come around after this transaction. Time would tell on that.

"I don't relish the thought of being a pilot that's considered a courier ship. So I think a yacht would be better. The thought of a yacht and potential luxoury it could offer. On my wages now, it would have be something that maybe needs a bit of work. That's also something I can do. Though I would like it fly right away. Interior fix me up, external and mechanical things need to be in working order."

Hopefully this helped narrow things down even more.

"Brands make little difference. Something that is reliable is more important than name."

[member="Nyree Justice"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom