Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Consolation Prize?

Untitled-1.png

//: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png
Losing was a new feeling. Allyson had really pulled out everything she had up her sleeve to try and beat Taiia during the sparring event. She was smart; Taiia never let up and always had an answer to whatever Allyson came up with. It would be a lie if the Corellian said she wasn't intrigued. Walking down one of the streets near the arranged arena, a cleaned and dressed Allyson fumbled with her comm - contemplating calling someone who could help her impress the Obsidian Lord.

Finally giving in, Allyson dialed John's number and waited for him to answer. The dark-haired exarch waved a hand, dismissing the latest report filling his vision as he reached for the flashing icon. "Allyson...please tell me you didn't blow up another bar."

"Hello to you too," The Corellian's voice was slightly strained but cheerful as she answered. "I'm actually calling because I have a few questions about one of the Obsidian Knights. Does a Taiia Mataan ring any bells?" Her grin could be heard through the call as she spoke the redhead's name.

John couldn't help the small smile that curled up the corners of his lips as he leaned back in his chair, eyes staring at the ceiling for a moment before he nodded. "The red-haired Master, right? I've seen her around a few...Ally...what are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing, just curious, that's all." She bit her tongue, avoiding the quip to correct what she was doing - to who she was doing. Allyson felt the tips of her ears burn with a hint of a blush as she did her best to focus. She couldn't draw too much attention to the fact that she was far more smitten with the woman than usual. "What's she like?"

"Uhuh...curious sure. If you thought I'd fall for that, then maybe you've got a bridge somewhere you can sell to me too?" A wry laugh slipped from John's lips as his prosthetic hand thrummed a pattern against the surface of his desk for a moment. "She's competent, smart, seems to get on with the other Knights. The Vicelord never had a bad thing to say about her, and her reviews tend to be positive...would you like to know what her favorite flower is too?"

Allyson laughed, "I think you own enough bridges to last you a lifetime, John." He explained Taiia's traits and her work ethic, a part of Allyson was hoping for something a bit juicier, scandalous, or even who the woman's exes were - but maybe she was just a genuine person at the end of the day. Her ears perked up, and she almost sounded too desperate for the information about a flower. "Uh yeah, that would honestly be pretty great if you had that information." Pausing, Allyson figured her and John's tastes aligned - "So what do you think of her?"

The man grinned, shaking his head for a moment, almost wishing his cousin was in the same room so he could lean over to flick her on the forehead. "How many personnel files have you written? We don't keep that information...but I could ask her if you want me to?" A hand came up to stroke his chin for a moment before he nodded, "I like her; she seems like a pretty nice person, cares. That's not so common anymore."

"Hey, it's your fault for getting my hopes up." She quipped and then settled against a railing on the stairs leading up to where she was staying on her visit. "Nah, I don't want her knowing I'm being lame and going to my older cousin to sus out her favorite flower." A genuine smile cracked through past the arrogant smirk. It was comforting to know that John approved of her. "Anyways, it's probably too late anyway - I've somehow managed to get her to get drinks with me." She paused for a moment and realized she was starting to let her guard down. Instead, she cracked an odd joke, "So, Taiia Locke kind of has a nice ring to it, eh?"

"Taiia Locke...sounds like I'm going to have to make an effort to get to know her a little bit better. Well, no, a whole lot better." Fingers thrummed a faster pattern for a moment before John grinned, inclining his head in a familiar gesture to those who knew him. "Go with roses; roses are always a favorite, though; I mean, if she agreed to drinks, she can't think you're all that lame, really."

"I think I'm getting ahead of myself; we'll leave marriage proposals for another lifetime, I think." Allyson sighed heavily, "Roses are cool - a little cliche, but maybe." She chewed on her inner cheek nervously; it was dumb - roses were dumb. Allyson already knew how it was going to end, how it always ended. "I really don't know why I even bothered calling; I know how it's going to go. We're going to get drinks, we're going to sleep together, and then I'm going to be an idiot and never call or never commit like I always do." she forced a laugh in hopes of continuing to remain cheerful. "Ah well, if it ends badly like it usually does - try and uh squash any rumors you hear, okay?"

The banter between the two would continue till Allyson arrived at the small bar she had picked out to meet at. "Thanks, John, take care of yourself… YES, I'll behave, geez." Shaking her head, Allyson ended the call promptly and exhaled. Her first date in almost 10? 15 years? It was embarrassing, but could this really be considered a date? It was just drinks.

Allyson slipped into the small bar; it was quiet and modestly decorated. Standing in the doorway, she looked around, wondering if a booth would be a good idea or if she should wait at the bar itself. Was she nervous? Decisions like this were never tricky; why were they now? Shaking her head, Allyson decided to wait at the bar; at least then, she'd be able to tell if Taiia chose to show up or not.

//: ty John Locke John Locke for writing the intro with me //:

Last edited:

TaiiaTop.png

TAG: Allyson Locke Allyson Locke
Wearing: [X]

Taiia had gone into the duel with little expectation other than to fight and perhaps win. With Allyson she had found an opponent that not only fought differently and challenged her instincts she found one who had also piqued her interest. She was not from the Confederacy and she knew little about where she had come from.

Such were the problems of someone like her, she had many firsts since coming to the Confederacy. A first real mentor, first people she would truly call friends she experienced death for the first time. And she fought in multiple battles in the name of the Confederacy. She had sparred against Darth Metus, she had sparred against Kyyrk under his old name of Voph but of those, the most informative had been Allyson.

Part of her wondered why she had even agreed to this, she was arrogant and that was not a trait Taiia liked in people. Yet something still made her say yes even when Allyson lost, the thought of the sad expression hit Taiia again and she shook her head slightly as she walked along with a small smile on her lips.

To say she had a lot of experience with other people would be a falsehood, growing up in a strict cult that treated its members more like the Jedi of old, forbidding attachment and to some degree emotion, she was dealing with feelings she really didn't know how to handle so she continued to listen to her one guiding light. The Force.

Finally, Taiia arrived at the bar where she was supposed to meet Allyson and stepped inside, as she did she looked around and spotted a familiar brunette at the bar and quietly slid up next to her. "Hello there. What are you drinking?" she offered a smile to Allyson

Untitled-1.png

Allyson played with the straw that stuck out of the empty glass of water; she decided to do this without liquid courage or the adrenaline of a fight. Doing it sober was already proving to be difficult, especially when she spotted the red-head enter the bar from the corner of her eye. The time it took Taiia to make her way to the bar gave time for Allyson to give herself a pep talk, along with allowing the initial blush to fade from her face.

Like the electricity the woman created from the Force, Allyson could feel the natural spark Taiia made with just her presence. Allyson's arrogant smirk during the fight was all but gone, replaced with a stupid smile as she turned to face her. "Water for right now; I was waiting for you to order something." Silence as Allyson bit the corner of her bottom lip, "Oh yeah uh," she looked to the bartender who stood there expectantly. "I'll have a Corellian whiskey, top-shelf - neat," Nodding towards Taiia, she continued with the stupid grin, "And anything the beautiful lady beside me wants." The bartender would wait for Taiia's order, and when they walked away, Allyson would keep her attention on Taiia.

She brushed back a loose strand of her brown hair as she opened her mouth, trying to think of something intelligent to say; instead, she looked like a fish out of the water and then somehow found the ability to speak. "Uh, wow yeah. You look--" Looking respectfully, Allyson nodded, "You look amazing."

Allyson adjusted the white v-neck shirt she wore, pulling at the collar slightly as she suddenly felt hot. "Well um, tell me a little about yourself, like um" don't say something stupid, don't say something stupid, don't say something stupid…

"
What was your favorite part of our spar? Mine was when you realized you were into me." And there it was, the moronic lizard brain of Allyson Locke.

TaiiaTop.png

She returned the smile as she leaned up to the bar next to Allyson. "You didn't need to wait, but thanks." she listened to Allyson order, she had never tried the Corellian whiskey but she went with one of her own favorites as she turned her attention to the bartender "Blossom Wine for me, please and thank you." she turned back to Allyson with a slight flush to her cheeks at being called beautiful.

This was an entirely new experience for her, of course, she knew what dates were if that's what this was but had she ever been on one? No, there had never been time even after she left that force cult, moving from battlefield to battlefield being among the Witches and the Knights and learning and absorbing everything she could. It didn't exactly leave a lot of free time.

She smiled a bit wider when she said she looked amazing and the redness in her cheeks deepened a bit. "Thanks, not too casual I hope?" she could see Allyson struggling but in all honesty, she didn't really know why. She surmised it was just nerves but she didn't seem nervous in the duel at all, that only made her more curious.

When she asked about the spar she chuckled a bit. "The doppelganger was a nice touch, I haven't seen that move before. Also reflecting the lighting back. Both very nice moves by the way." she watched for a moment before deciding to direct the conversation. "So where are you from Allyson? I know you are related to John but I don't know many people outside the Confederacy."

Untitled-1.png

Drinks arrived, and Allyson slid the glass of blossom wine closer to her. She tilted the glass of Corellian whiskey, examining it as she listened to Taiia mention the spar in a more serious manner. She shrugged and sipped the amber liquid. "Both skills I rarely use, but the opportunity came up, so it was fun to stretch my legs with it. Usually, the cloak is enough to give me an edge over my target." It was true, rarely did she ever have to actually think outside the box, even with some of the more dangerous Sith Lords - they always seemed to forget force sight.

"I was pretty surprised you were able to track me the way you did. Really impressive. Also that speed move, you've got to teach me that sometime." She took another sip and mulled over Taiia's next question. "You flatter me, which I appreciate - eases the burn of losing a bit." Allyson waited, wanting to see if she should pursue further with any sort of physical connection. Allyson drew her attention to Taiia's face, which only made the Corellian's ears burn red. "I'm Corellian, born and raised." She smiled and tilted the glass back and forth as she thought. "John and I grew up together. Definitely have some embarrassing pictures - I'll have to show you sometime."

It was surprising that the woman didn't know many people outside the Confederacy, despite it being so big - she would have assumed Taiia to be a bit more outgoing. "The Confederacy is pretty big, so it's understandable not knowing a lot of people outside of it. Not many people enter and then leave as often, I guess." Allyson took advantage of their conversation and moved a little closer, glancing her arm just briefly against Taiia's.

Allyson needed to test the waters just to see the woman's reaction to the gentler touch. "With my line work, I tend to ebb and flow into different faction territories, so I'll be in Confederate space a lot."

Now it was her turn to try and learn more about the woman beside her, and Allyson really didn't know where to start. Typically, the alcohol flowed; she was forward about her intentions to take someone home, spend the night and then continue their lives. Yet, this was different with Taiia - maybe she should be forward, but maybe not. Allyson brushed back a strand of her hair, revealing the redness of her ear blush, and chuckled nervously, "What about you? Have you always lived in the Confederacy?" She paused and then chugged the whiskey, "I've always been a straight shooter, so I'm definitely seeing this as a date - just so we're on the same page, you thinking the same?"

Not as smooth as she usually was, but it was out there, and if Taiia just saw this as a friendly get-together, then Allyson would know and then figure out how she was going to lick her wounds of rejection.

TaiiaTop.png

Taiia listened as she spoke of the spar "As I said at the arena. The force has a lot to say if you just listen. When you disappeared that was one thing but when you became a void in the force?" she held up her glass of wine, the wine stilled after a moment, she waited and then tapped the side of the glass and ripples moved across the surface of the wine.

"The Force showed me exactly where you were. As for the move? Uh well, I kinda came up with that on the spot. Let me master that and I'll be happy to teach it to you." she lifted the glass to her lips and took a drink. "And it's not flattery, I meant it."

When the conversation turned to Allyson and being from Corellia she simply nodded a bit, she had never been to Corellia. "I have heard a lot of Corellia, never been there though. I haven't really had the need to leave the Confederacy except on missions." she was aware of Allyson moving closer but she didn't readily react to it for now she was focused on the conversation.

"No, I only came to the Confederacy a few years ago. Prior to that I kinda grew up in a weird force cult? Not worth mentioning." she watched her chug the whiskey and smiled a bit "Allyson, I haven't really dated before if we are honest. But I came here to learn more about you, so if that is what you are hoping for?"

Untitled-1.png

Allyson slid the empty glass across the bar toward the bartender. Taking the gesture, the man quickly refilled the glass and slid it back to the Corellian. She listened to Taiia explain the Force; she noticed how the woman’s face lit up at the mention of it. There was a moment for Taiia to demonstrate her knowledge, and Allyson found the reaction adorable, attractive and it made her smile.

Her face hurt with how much she was smiling, but it faded when she answered the direct question. It felt like someone splashed cold water in the spy’s face, waking her up from the spell that the redhead cast upon her. “Oh?” It wasn’t the idea of her not dating before, but the claim of just wanting to get to know her and then the lack of any reaction of her drawing closer. Allyson nodded, understanding what was going on. She took a sip of the new glass of whiskey.

“Of course, I’m hoping to get to know you as well, Taiia - maybe I can teach you a couple of tricks of mine.” Allyson subtly pulled away, putting the distance between them again. She might have read the banter wrong during the spar. She backpedaled to the conversation about Corellia, “Corellia is pretty, even after the chaos that broke it. It left some interesting structures; one of the Jedi temples is built in the floating mountains - is a good concentration of the Force.” She shrugged, trying to not feel disappointed, “You should visit - I could take you some time.”

She paused and continued to smile, this was just meant to be friendship, and it sucked, but she couldn’t let it get under her skin. “I think you’d really like it, and you should totally get out of Confederacy space more often outside of your missions.” Her laughter returned as she shook her head, “Trust me, everything being about work is not the way to do things, so if you could visit three places - non-Confederacy mission places, of course, where would you go.”

It was hard not to continue to flirt; it was hard not to want to just stand closer and relish in the intoxicating aura Taiia unknowingly gave off - but Allyson knew better.

TaiiaTop.png

The change in attitude was palpable, and that is when the redhead truly understood the situation even without the force she would have noticed the change, which made it all the more obvious with the fact she did have it. Taiia listened to her speak but truthfully did not hear as her mind worked to figure out how to undo this, As she began to move away from her before could even think about it she found her hand on Allyson's arm holding her in place.

"Um, listen." she seemed momentarily more vulnerable than Allyson had seen before and bit her bottom lip lightly as if deciding on a course of action that she was unsure of. The normal strong and confident Taiia had slipped at least for a moment as she looked at her 'date' that was the correct word after all. "Allyson, I am sorry. As I said I am, not good at this sort of thing. I.. uh, I don't really know what to do if I am honest, I am terrible in social settings. Even like this" she motioned with her left hand to the bar in general.

".. Even with somebody, I like." she let the words hang exactly how it sounded. There was a lot she didn't know but she knew she didn't want Allyson to be sad, or to pull away from her. She honestly didn't know what more to say, she just wanted to see that smile again that had been stuck in her head since the duel. That arrogant brash woman had stolen her attention.

Taiia watched for her reaction, the strong facade still gone for the moment. What Allyson was seeing was what was underneath a girl who was alone who only had herself and the force. Who had been taken from her home before she could even walk who had walked within the darkness of the nether on multiple occasions and witnessed horrors she would never wish anyone bear witness to.

Untitled-1.png

Allyson stopped as Taiia reached out, holding her where she was. Her surprise erased the forced smile on her face as she looked at Taiia, confused. She had been under the impression that the flirtatious advancements had been falling on deaf ears. “Taiia.” Allyson started but was promptly cut off as Taiia began to talk. She listened and watched, seeing the vulnerability wash over the typically confident fighter.

The bar and the noise disappeared. All Allyson could see was Taiia. She watched the way Taiia’s lips parted as she spoke, how she bit on her lower lip in a nervous tick, and the way her viridescent eyes made Allyson feel like she was the only one in the room. They both wore a mask, one that was woven with the threads of confidence and strength. And yet underneath it, loneliness resided. In just that tiny moment, Allyson learned the finer details of the woman.

“...Even with somebody, I like.” Allyson didn’t need to hear any more explanation. She felt relief wash over her, but impulse took over as she leaned closer. Seeing the loneliness they shared, Allyson wanted to make it go away not just for Taiia but also for herself. There was no hesitation, despite Allyson knowing she should. One foot off the ledge, and Allyson let herself plummet.

Fingertips brushed gently against Taiia’s porcelain skin; it was the only indicator of what Allyson would do. She leaned closer, hoping to draw the woman into a kiss. Hopefully, she didn’t overstep her boundaries, and it wasn’t too much too soon. If something went wrong because Allyson couldn’t control her impulses, she would regret it. Taiia was remarkable, and in the brief moments they had known each other - she could see that.

Pulling away whether she kissed her or not, Allyson didn’t dare look at her in the eye - fearing the look that would be written on Taiia’s face, “I like you too.” was all she could say in a sound no lighter than a whisper.

TaiiaTop.png

Taiia was still watching for a reaction from Allyson when she turned back and said her name. She felt her breath catch for a moment, she was expectant but she didn't really know what she was expecting until she felt Allyson's hand on her cheek, it sent a charge through the woman as she locked eyes with Allyson and swallowed hard she leaned in close and before she knew it her lips were pressed firmly to her own.

The sensations were overwhelming to her from the gentle touch of her hand to the lingering kiss on her lips along with the subtle taste of Corellian whiskey. The whole situation sent a shiver down her spine and the hand that held onto Allyson's arm loosened slightly before falling away its task forgotten at the moment. Taiia closed her eyes for only a moment and then felt her pull away, as she did Taiia leaned forward slightly as she opened her eyes looking at Allyson in a whole different way.

Her heart was racing and she felt like she hadn't breathed in minutes she opened her mouth to speak and her words caught her cleared her throat and looked at Allyson again. "Wow.." immediately remembering the previous conversation she smiled at Allyson as she added on "A good wow, by the way." she said again almost to her self "Very much wow" it was very quiet.

Untitled-1.png

The kiss was different from so many others she had shared before. Each had its explosions, electricity, and intimacy. She had kissed before this, but the look on Taiia’s face spelled out how new all of this was. A part of the Corellian wanted to ignore the innocence and pull Taiia back into another kiss - deeper. The type of kiss that leads to more, clothes being lost in the dark, and mistakes.

Allyson knew she couldn’t do that. If she did, she would ruin everything; it would be overwhelming. It took all of her willpower to just let her hand linger along Taiia’s face for a moment and feel the smoothness of her warmth. Her hand moved from the woman’s face and trailed down her arm. She let Taiia experience the swell of emotions after a first kiss. Allyson smiled and cautiously reached out and pulled Taiia closer, letting a hand linger on the small of her back.

“It was a good wow.” Allyson leaned closer, feeling the first barrier between them falling. She wanted to stay close, just to keep this moment of the first time as innocent as possible. It meant that she hadn’t messed this up, and there were no expectations. Allyson felt nineteen again; she remembered how simple and wonderful these experiences could be. But, she couldn’t just stare and enjoy standing beside Taiia Mataan.

They had to get to know each other- without doing it how Allyson preferred to get to know someone. Allyson leaned close again, tempting another kiss, but held off. “You still didn’t answer my question, Ms. Mataan; if you answer it - maybe I’ll give you another wow kiss.”

TaiiaTop.png

She instinctively leaned into Allyson's hand, her mind and her heart were still racing but gradually calming the pressure on her lips was of course gone but the memory was there. It was good that Allyson gave her the space to process everything. She turned her eyes back toward Allyson but then there was a new sensation. She had placed a hand on her lower back and pulled her closer it was this point that seemed to snap her back especially once she spoke again Especially the way she had said Ms. Mataan

"Question?" she asked confused for a moment as she went back slightly in her memory and laughed a bit at her total discombobulation "Right." she had to switch gears in her mind part of her wanted another kiss another part of her was terrified but regardless she was wearing one of the largest smiles she had ever and her cheeks were almost as red as her hair. "I have always wanted to visit Coruscant, but I have never had the opportunity. Oh but then there are places of historical interest too. Hrm... Odessen for sure and Zakuul..." and there she went back into her geeky mode. But this time she caught herself and cleared her throat.

"Sorry I get a little over-excited at times." she wanted to say more but navigating human emotion was messy on a good day. it was such a strange sequence of events. A woman that she had never met before today was now holding her in her arms and had just given Taiia her first kiss after they had previously beaten each other senseless in the duel earlier. The Force was very odd sometimes but at the moment she was enjoying every minute of it.

Untitled-1.png

It seemed that unlike Taiia, the Corellian was well-traveled. She had spent most of her time on a starship, especially after Corellia’s breaking during the last netherworld infestation. Still, Allyson found Taiia’s excitement fascinating, and she listened, chuckling when the woman stopped. “It’s cute; please don’t stop.” It had been some time since she had a conversation like this; Taiia didn’t know anything about her and vice versa. It was a rare moment for the Spy, who knew too much.

Yet, for that reason, Allyson was terrified of Taiia. She was scared of how much she was being drawn into the woman and how it would end. Would the SIA interfere again? Would John or someone else reveal her occupation and infamy to the redhead? There were too many factors Allyson didn’t have the answer to - it was more than terrifying; it was devastating.

Allyson should walk away, return to the shadows and forget the swell of emotions she felt around the Obsidian Lord. Alas, Allyson Locke was never good at stepping away from things that weren’t good for her.

Instead, she leaned into the other woman, keeping her close as she mused over the answer. “Well, you’re in luck; I work for the Alliance, which means I have all access to Coruscant; I’ve been to a lot of places - but I wouldn’t mind seeing them with you and hearing about all the things that get you excited.”

She had promised to behave but had already broken that promise; she gave the redhead another thing to blush about. Once more, their lips pressed together, shorter this time, mainly to see how Taiia would react and out of some fear that Allyson might have overstepped her boundaries a bit.
“I promised you another kiss for answering my question, but tell me more.”

TaiiaTop.png

Taiia laughed a bit when she told her not to stop and just smiled, she wasn't exactly adept in love or romance but she could sense something from Allyson even through her own confused emotional state. "My rambling is cute huh? I'll try and ramble more often then." she tilted her head slightly it was confusion perhaps, nervousness, perhaps even a bit of fear, it was clear Allyson wasn't as skilled as shielding her thoughts but that didn't matter also that she may not be as secure in herself as she portrayed much like herself.

"The Alliance huh? well, I guess I'll have an excuse to visit Coruscant now hrm?" a smile tugged at the corner of her lips while she watched Allyson with interest. And then it happened again, she had leaned forward and once more pressed her lips to Taiia's it was quick, almost too quick for the redhead her hand had moved to reach up and touch Allyson but paused as she pulled away again, resting gently against Taiia's leg instead.

Again she could taste the whiskey on her lips, that familiar pressure that was both soft and gentle, and there she was blushing all over again as she watched Allyson. She honestly didn't know where all of this was headed but she knew one thing she liked was that Allyson was here, and she liked this.

Untitled-1.png

Allyson felt like she was a teenager again, the innocent flirtations slowly revealing feelings and intentions. Taiia was nothing like Allyson expected. She had already picked up that the woman was intelligent and invested in the Force, but being vulnerable and inexperienced surprised her. Allyson nodded, agreeing with the revelation of her cute ramblings. She knew she could listen to her talk all day, but she wouldn't reveal that small tidbit.

Not yet.

"Mhm, the Alliance." Allyson moved her hand from Taiia's back, figuring that if she blushed any harder, she would faint. "Hope that's alright, I know the Alliance hasn't made many friends in the galaxy, but it's home." She shrugged, "You're more than welcome to visit me; as I said, I'm down to show you around- we have a pretty extensive library; I think you'd enjoy it." Allyson had only been to the library once; it was not a place she would put high on her fun time list.

Allyson kept her hands to herself, for the time being, fidgeting as she stood there trying not to grab onto Taiia again. "So um." Allyson folded her arms in front of her, mainly to stop fidgeting with her hand and not look like something was wrong with her. With the beating that she had gotten during the spar, it would be a plausible conclusion.

Though, being cuddled by Taiia didn't sound too bad. Allyson mused over how the scenario would go but then remembered she was speaking. "How about you tell me a little about yourself? All I really know is that you're pretty smart, you love the Force, and you're by far the most beautiful woman I've seen on this side of the galaxy." Allyson grinned and used the moment to slip her hand into Taiia's, lacing their fingers together.

She couldn't help it.

TaiiaTop.png

She immediately shook her head a bit too enthusiastically "It's fine, I don't hold any animosity toward the alliance or anybody for that matter. The politics of governments at the end of the day don't affect me unless of course, we find ourselves on opposite ends of a war or something. Force forbid anything like that happening." the woman offered a reassuring smile to Allyson. When she mentioned Coruscant again and a library she would see her eyes light up. She had the heart of a scholar after all, and the force was her one driving passion, until now anyway.

She watched Allyson again for a short time noticing the fidgeting but she didn't call attention to it then she asked about her as she took her hand and laced their fingers together she gently but firmly grasped her hand back appreciating the gesture and Taiia smiled once more. "I hardly think I'm the most beautiful in the galaxy but thank you for the compliment. As for me, well it starts off a bit more tragic but it gets better I promise. I was born on an agriworld on the outer rim somewhere, I don't exactly know more than that but I was taken, some might say kidnapped when I was a child. I don't remember much sadly, I just know I was happy there."

She paused for a moment as she considered "That force cult I mentioned earlier? That's who took me, considered themselves the true Jedi, and kept to an old outdated code where emotions were prohibited. I spent most of my time there in the archives or the sparring arena." she offered a slight grin "You saw the fruits of that training." there was that confidence she had seen earlier showing through once again.

"Well id like to say I got wise and left but that's not really how it happened. One day the Force just kind of called to me, so I ran after it. Stole a ship and fled to wild space when nobody was looking, ran around out there for a while before I landed at the Confederacy a couple of years ago." she tilted her head slightly and smiled.

"Your turn" she said as she lightly squeezed Allyson's hand.

Untitled-1.png

Allyson nodded along, listening to Taiia’s life story. Interestingly, she hadn’t expected force cults to still be a thing in this day and age. It made a lot of things make sense while giving Allyson more questions. From her own experiences, she had seen how people could be radical with the Force - there were even some within the Alliance and on the Council itself. To her, people like that were more dangerous than the Sith - blinded by their own righteousness.

“I’m happy you left.” She started, her hand giving a gentle squeeze for some reassurance, primarily for herself. “Met a few radicals in my lifetime; they’re nutcases - blind faith, never been my thing.” She waved it off, remembering that her views weren’t always welcomed by the more devoted. “Me? Well, I grew up on Corellia, my dad was a weapons and ship designer for the Corellian Military, mom owned a diner in Coronet City, used to help out there a lot growing up.” Allyson smiled gently, remembering her parents fondly. Her thumb brushed along Taiia’s a fair bit as she continued. “Grew up fairly typical for someone in Coronet, went to a good school, private...my parents wouldn’t have had it any other way. Dad was new money; he grew up poor and wanted the best and all that stuff. So, got the best education, tutors - whatever I wanted. I just had to ask for it, and it was delivered on a silver spoon.” Allyson laughed; she never really revealed her past to anyone. It was easy to pretend she had just been a smuggler who got lucky, but in reality, it was the other way around. She came from riches and fell into rags.

“I was bored, though. Had it in my head that there was adventure somewhere else and that the only way I’d find it is if I ran away. So I did; I stowed away on a freighter - met a mando named Rekali. ‘Course he wanted to toss me off and send me back, but I convinced him otherwise.” The story came flowing as she spoke fondly of the old man. Ember taught her so much; she grew up and became a part of who she was today. “Unfortunately, though, while I was having fun smuggling and learning the hyperlanes with Ember, Corellia was being devastated. Akala, - some force being ripped worlds from other dimensions or what have you and one of them collided with Corellia. Tearing the planet apart.” Her smile faded, remembering as if it had just happened.

“Distress signals drew us back to Corellia - I volunteered and flew rescue shuttles. Back and forth hauling bodies - helping people identify them as they came from off-world. Ah, I lost my parents that day and a younger brother, but I earned my stripes, second class bloodstripes, one of the higher honors for a Corellian.” Allyson nodded and then shrugged, pushing the emotions that were starting to bubble up. “But I turned out alright, enlisted with the first Alliance, piloted with the Rogue Squadron of the time - the rest is history, really.” There it was, the first vague lie she would tell Taiia. While it was the truth, Allyson no longer was a pilot. She had left that life for the SIA; her talents with the questionable force powers allowed her to fly through Shadow training, marking her one of the best.

Allyson smiled and nudged Taiia, “I have no regrets, though, because if I didn’t do what I did - wouldn’t have met you, and I’m happy I did.” The Corellian’s confidence returned; she hated feeling vulnerable like she just was. But Taiia had given a part of her up, so Allyson needed to do the same - but she couldn’t show her entire hand, not just yet.

“So, you have a thing for pilots?” She grinned, drawing closer to Taiia. The lie flowed like honey from her lips. It used to scare her how easy it was to tell these lies, but it took practice to believe what you lied about.

Last edited:

TaiiaTop.png

She nodded to her as she spoke. "I am happy I did too." she offered a smile and nodded once more in agreement "One of the things I have learned is the more time I spend away from the typical force orders is how much more I diverge from them." she smiled again.

When Allyson began speaking about her past she listened in earnest, her eyes finding hers as spoke it was an interesting thing hearing a story so remarkably different than hers. Growing up with a loving and wealthy family only to have her home destroyed. Her hand tightened around Allyson's at that point to reassure her. "I am so sorry about you're family." like Allyson, her family was lost to her she was unsure if they lived or had met a similar fate she had always hoped they were out there somewhere. Still listening as she spoke of rogue squadron she felt a change.

Of course, Allison would not know but Taiia had trained with the Order of Shasa on Manaan and one particular ability she had learned from the Selkath was to perceive deception, an ability that the Selkath developed in response to the deceptions the Sith used against them during the Jedi Civil War. Her face never betrayed a thing but she felt that feeling was it a lie? a half-truth? She wasn't certain but for now, she simply set it aside as they were still learning each other, and for now, neither would be comfortable sharing everything.

When she asked if she had a thing for pilots she laughed and shook her head a bit. "Not especially, no though it seems like I may be developing a thing for cocky brunettes though." she mused in a surprising show of confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom