Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Confronting Nightmares

The twins looked at eachother. Did Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun mean that he might not save them? That he might not keep them together? This worried them, of course, and that was evident as their bodies became more tense.

"But what if this is all a part of it? What if we were meant to tell you?"

"We would not be trying to ensure a future that would bring us death. If you were us and foresaw that you would lose a precious loved one, would you not do your best to try to stop something like that from happening?"

The whole future was a paradox and the twins realized that neither side would get the answer they'd want. There just was no true way of knowing until the specified time has passed. And right now they weren't sure of just how far ahead that their visions were set in time to be.

Tag: Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

He understood their actions, indeed, if he were in their place he would try to help too. The thing was...they knew he saved them in the future. Yet now they had acted based on that future and in doing so, they could have change it. Somehow they thought his advise meant he wasn't going to help them.

"No,no...I will help if I can. I simply mean that your future was my saving you. It was set before I knew about it, but you acted anyways and told me. Now I am acting against Sularen. What if this changes the future? Maybe you should read me again, and make sure?"

He extended his arm again, with good intent, though he couldn't help but hope they would reveal more about The Elysium Empire as well. Then again, he was still torn, and he had just warned them against acting on the future. Even knowing what was to come could change his choices later. Therefore he also hoped they would say nothing more about The Elysium Empire.

As far as they went, he meant what he said. He would help them if he could, there was no reason not to. At least not that he was aware of. The whole seeing the future thing was a vortex. He was sucked in, yet he didn't want to be there. He wondered how he girls managed to bear such a burden.​

The twins looked at eachother briefly before looking upon Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun again as he outstretched his hand.

"We acted to be sure that you would. For Willow's sake."

"And now that we have, now that you've given your word, it ensures it."

They had looked into their own future enough. Their visions had led them to this moment. And Heath as well.

"Your independence from the Shadows will only help you and your Empire. If we had items of theirs, we could look a little further into what they are planning." Besides what they had already seen, anyways. Such a future made them feel cold, and they were in no position to warn others of what was to come. Their isolation kept them safe, but it wasn't always helpful.

Tag: Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

He retracted his hand. They had the experience, Heath hoped that experience meant knowledge. It seemed logical to think that any actions could change the future, but if they knew what they were doing then he would follow their guidance. His words had ensured them, but not himself. He was worried about the future of The Elysium Empire. He needed to plan more, and be more careful. He needed to double his efforts, and watch Sularen very carefully before he launched his betrayal.

The girls wanted items from The Shadow Triumvirate. That was something he could do. To do it, he would use the new trade route between The Hutt and The Elysium Fleet. He'd designate the ships carrying the goods ahead of time so the Hutt could intercept them. As long as it looked natural, Sularen should never learn about it.

"I'll do what I can to deliver any items from The Shadow Triumvirate to you. I recommend we use the new trade arrangement between The Hutt and The Elysium Empire to deliver any Triumvirate items you need."

Both bowed their heads in thanks to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun . At least this meeting had turned out better than expected. But still, they had to inform Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt .

"Thank you. Please let us be aware ahead of time that there is something on it's way to us."

"You could send us fabrics to make new dresses and hide the items in there. No one would suspect it."

"Yes, that's a great idea! Broka lets us go to the market sometimes for that. And we get fabrics shipped from all over too!"

Ivy chewed the inside of her cheek, however. Whether or not Broka would meet with the Shadows remained to be seen. It was difficult to read the Hutt, given that their species weren't as perseptive of the Force like other species. Instead they would look into the people around him and what they were planning. That was much easier. "Broka's main goal is profit and he does not pick sides unless they betray him. It could be that he may broker a trade agreement with the Shadows too, but we will encourage him to do so with the utmost of caution."

"Is that....okay with you?"

Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

They agreed with his trade plan. Good. But then they revealed two things that he did not like. Not at all. First of all, Broka didn't pick sides, which meant that he wouldn't help Heath betray the Shadow Triumvirate. He needed allies if he was going to do that. Sure, the Elysium Empire could hold their own against The Shadow Triumvirate, but there was no chance that they would win any significant victories. It would simply be a neverending war that would drain precious resources. Secondly the filthy Hutt only wanted profit, as expected. One of these needed to change and Heath was going to make it known.

"No. Either Broka helps me betray Sularen, or he embargoes The Shadow Triumvirate to the best of his ability. He must do one of those, or I cannot help you. I don't say that in a lack of empathy, nor as a threat. It's essential to my Empire that Sularen doesn't get any more help. As it is we can't beat him, we can only fight a war of attrition that would hurt us more than him."

He truly didn't mean to threaten the girls, though he hoped the thought of him backing out of the arrangement would be enough to make them try harder to convince Broka. Then he had an idea...

"Tell Broka that you saw a vision of him helping me in my betrayal of Sularen. Tell him it brings him great wealth and power. Tell him I promise to give half of the spoils of war to him."

The twins grew worried as it seemed that the common traits of a Hutt and Broka himself could be a deal breaker. Would Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun really forgo his word and let circumstances lead to Willow dying? It was hoped that that wouldn't be the case.

They held onto eachother's hands, working on trying to figure out the best solution of the two that he had provided. They were already leaning towards one of them when Heath piped up with not just a possible solution, but an incentive for the Hutt as well.

"Lying is not our way."

"If discovered, we will lose his trust. But....Willow's life is in peril, so that could be reason enough for him to forgive us if it is discovered."

"Most of what you wish for us to tell Broka is the truth. Or at least it is from a certain point of view."

"We will do what you ask for all of our sakes."

"Thank you for the suggestion."

The twins offered up small smiles, trying to encourage both Heath and themselves with their plans moving forward. It was sneaky, yet it needed to be done.

Heath let out an internal sigh of relief. He wasn't sure what to expect from the girls when he made the request, but now they said they would lie to the Hutt. It appeared that the meeting was coming to an end then. A trade deal had been established, Heath had been warned of the potential future of his Empire, and he now had a temporary ally, potentially, against The Shadow Triumvirate. As for the girls, the survival of Willow was, Heath assumed, secure. He would help them if he could.

He would leave and immediately announce the trade agreement. The Shadow Triumvirate had an upcoming meeting...one Heath needed to attend. Once there, he could try and get his hands on some Triumvirate objects to send the girls. He could also try to plot with other warlords, though he was uneasy about the idea. Sularen had ears everywhere and Heath did not know which Warlords were loyal and which weren't. Perhaps it would be better for him to simply observe at the meeting. He could recruit some to his plot later.

"It is settled then. Unless you have more questions or requests, I'll be leaving now. I thank you for your help, and I vow to return the favor in any way I can. Keep me updated on The Hutt and his upcoming decision."

Heath stayed seated for another moment, awaiting a reply.

The twins got to their feet and collectively bowed their heads to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun . Having contacts outside of Hutt Space was a good thing, especially given the turmoil that ensued elsewhere in the Galaxy. At least here things were a bit more predictable.

"Yes, that is all that we have for you today. Thank you."

"We will send word the moment anything comes up."

"And with Broka's decision as well."

"Safe journey home."

They nodded to their guards to allow Heath and his own to leave. The twins had done their part in regards to having their attachment secure. Now they just needed to speak with Broka and let him be made aware of what the future held for all of them.

And of course there was profits to be made.

It was concluded. Heath rose, returning the bow to the girls and signaling for his droid to return to the ship. As he walked to it he pressed a few buttons on his communicator, finding the nearest Elysium signal. He rose the communicator to his mouth and gave the order: Tell my heir to announce our trade agreement with Broka the Hutt. I'll give more details later, but I'd like to begin the trade immediately. I'll be home soon, thank you."

The future was uncertain, but Heath now had a faint light to guide him through the darkness. As soon as he returned he needed to oversee recruitment efforts....there was a promising mercenary....a Var-Sulis.....that could potentially become a leader of Elysium troops. Meanwhile the Navy needed to be briefed on the situation with Sularen. The secret was becoming more and more difficult to hide from the citizen fleet.

Just the thought of everything coming up made Heath tired. At least he had one more relaxing ride home before the chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom