Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Confession to the Cardinal

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

Objective: Share some news
Tags: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici

The Prime Minister strolled confidently down the halls of the government complex on Ession towards she waved away an aide who needed her to sign off on an arms contract. Archangel weren't expecting that paperwork for three days, it could wait for an hour. She looked down at the data pad she was carrying. Full documentation on her business dealings with the foundation, compete with audits. Isla's confidence in her true loyalty and her attention to detail made her less nervous about this than she otherwise would be.

She tapped on the door, Demici was expecting her today, she had arranged this meeting formally to ensure everything was completely above board.

If anything she was excited, excited to finally tell her lord and yes, a friend, about something that was making her exceptionally happy. Her professional dealings with Kobitana Foundation we already completely open, she was proud of the good she was accomplishing. But today was specifically about the realtionship between her and Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix . She was about to go public within the Galactic Alliance, and their was no way she was allowing Pietro to find out on the holonet, or worse, from the Golden Veil.

She opened door and walked in. "Good morning Pietro, it I'd wonderful to see you, thank you for seeing me to discuss this personal matter."

5m5qOKV.png

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

kP1KTsJ.png

Pietro sat silently at his desk, awaiting the arrival of the Grand Admiral. She had recently reached out to him concerning a matter of personal importance, though she had been rather vague on the details. A matter that required discretion, perhaps, something she wished for only the Cardinal to hear. With that in mind, Pietro had asked the pair of Veilbearers that usually guarded him to remain outside, standing diligently next to the door, but out of earshot. The Golden Veil wouldn't spy on him, but Pietro wanted to make sure that his friend felt comfortable enough to speak freely. Though they were able to do so, appearances always needed to be kept within the public eye of the Crusade.

As the door opened, Pietro offered her a seat across from him at the desk. It was apparent that the intended comfort was present, as she referred to him by his first name rather than his rank, a good start to a conversation meant to be between friends, rather than caolleagues.

"Of course, Isla. I'm always happy to lend in ear to a friend."

In truth, there were few that Pietro truly considered close friends. It wasn't that he disliked the other crusaders, but a man of his station had to keep his guard up, even among comrades. Even within the ranks of the Crusade, there were those that weren't exactly warm toward the Cardinal's fiery tendencies, something that he chalked up to the burden of leadership. In his eyes, only Ashla could truly judge him, and as long as he kept her will in sight, he had little need for friendship. Nevertheless, Isla had been a true, trustworthy friend through and through, and had become one of the very few to fully gain his confidence.

"How goes the dealings with Kobitana? I hear that your work on that front has been impressive, as always."

Pietro always liked to prod others when attempting to get information, but when it came to Isla, he wished her the freedom to discuss things at whatever pace she saw fit.

5m5qOKV.png

Isla smiled and sat down, glad for the warm welcome and that her informal stance had been reciprocated. She adjusted her outfit. She gestured politely at the hot tea that sat to the side of her "may I?" with permission she took her cup and sat.

She almost flinched when he immediately asked her about her dealings with Kobitana, she had not directly mentioned her in the arrangements for this meeting, or since she walked in. This could have been a polite query over a matter close to Isla's heart, or did her already know? He was an intelligent, resourceful and well connected man, the very qualities that mad her respect him meant he likely at least has some suspicions. Isla had spent a disproportionate amount of time with a specific diplomat, including entertaining at her home. He didn't come out and say it, so either it was the former, or he was giving her the courtesy of coming to her own statement. She had practised exactly how she would word it a dozen times, but now, she just spoke.

"The Kobitana partnership is bearing many fruits, analaysts put a conservative estimate of lives directly saved in the sixteen to eighteen million range, and quality of life years measurements are ten times that. That is just the tangible work, the word of the Crusade as a force for good is continuing to spread and we gain allies in peace across the galaxy." soft power, very important to the perception of a lightsided faction, if they only ever waged war, they could be labelled extremists, if they also waged peace, then they could be labelled saviours.

"And Senator Kobitana... she is fantastic. Intelligent, strong spirited, compassionate to a fault, i have accomplished much through my humanitarian aims, and a huge part is down to her, she, she is perfect.." between her tone and her kind words, if Pietro didn't suspect something, he would now. There was no going back.

She looked directly at him, no hiding it any more, and a show of nerves would only give him the belief that Isla doubted herself. No, this required confidence.

"and therein lies the true reason for my visit.

Not long after we started working together, we found we shared a lot in common, and we bonded quickly as friends, and now, now we are lovers. She is my girlfriend, we are absolutely in love, she has even discussed converting to Ashla, but her beliefs are more than compatible with our already.

However, that doesnt change the fact that she is a Senator of the Galactic Alliance, I undertand the feeling that many Ashlans have toward that chamber, but her tenure began after the Senate was formed and has only ever fulfilled her role in good faith to her people."
She took a long drag on her tea and watched for reaction, as if suddenly she would become force sensitive and be able to predict his mood.

"Before you ask, I am not here to tender my resignation, it has not, and will not affect my ability to do my job. I come here because before it becomes public, you, as my friend, mentor and commander have a right to know. I dread to imagine the idea of the Veil reporting something like this back to you once we go public in the alliance."

So there it was, out in the open, she felt a wave of relief, she could handle what he threw at her, if his confidence in her was knocked, it would break her heart, but she would accept whatever was best for the crusade, and if sent back into a fleet role, she would ensure she regained his faith and would soon be back at his table.
5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

kP1KTsJ.png

"Please do," Pietro said as he motioned toward the tea. As the Grand Admiral made herself comfortable, Pietro noticed the slightest of shift in the air when he mentioned the dealings with Kobitana. Isla was good at maintaining composure, so much so that the Cardinal may not have noticed anything had he not been graced with his abilities through the Force. Yet, even the subtle shift in the empyrean told him that he may have been on the right track.

"I'm glad to hear it. Though the elimination of the Bogan remains our top priority, we cannot forget what comes after. The destruction of the darkness is only a step in the further healing of the galaxy. Many tend to forget that about us."

Admittedly, even Pietro had a tendency to forget about that part of their work. His mind was often distracted by the Crusade's constant struggle against the denizens of the darkness, perhaps too often. It made him thankful to have someone like Isla in the fold, keeping the Crusade's more fiery members focused on their long term goal.

Her next words, admittedly, caught him off-guard, though Pietro wouldn't show any sign of such things. Instead, he offered a smile in return.

"I am happy for you Isla, truly. It is a rare thing to find such a connection."

His smile slowly faded for a moment, his face becoming more serious.

"I do not doubt your loyalty, Isla. You have certainly proven yourself a thousand times over. And I will not judge her for being a senator, no matter how I feel about the government she represents."

It was no secret that many within Ashlan ranks viewed the Galactic Alliance as an illegitimate government, and Pietro was certainly one among their number. He had worked to maintain positive relations with the Alliance, however, for the sake of security within the galaxy. Nevertheless, those thoughts remained.

"It was the right decision, telling me yourself. Not that I would question you if I had heard it from another source, but it certainly reinforces my already present trust in you."

He leaned back in his seat, patiently awaiting her reply.

5m5qOKV.png

"Thank you, it is refreshing to know I can acknowledge the relationship publicly now. I had full faith that you would see things for what they are, rather than looking for the tawdry stories of what they might be."

She was relieved to be in the open and the fact that Pietro had not doubted her over it gave her validation. She visibly eased into her chair.

"I met her on Alderaan, its funny, I thought i would end up with a nobleman, give my parents some grand parents and that would be me, turns out Ashla had different plans" she let out a grateful chuckle as she thought about the change in her whole life plans Tiresh had wrought. She was a gift to Isla that she cherished.

"I suppose one day I will be coming to you asking you to perform our wedding ceremony, I do feel like this is the direction of our love." It would honor her a lot if Pietro would bless them one day.

"May I be so bold, do you think about your own family much? The pride they must have in you for what you have accomplished in the name of the light." she regarded him fondly, the way someone might look at an old friend, she hoped she hadn't overstepped the line.
5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

kP1KTsJ.png

"Of course. You are one of my most trusted friends, Isla. Perhaps one of the few I can even truly call a friend."

Pietro wasn't much for personal relationships when it came to his own life. His experience in politics had left an awful taste in his mouth in that regard. It always seemed that people had ulterior motives, looking to get something out of an interaction. It didn't bother the Cardinal, as his faith was more than enough. It certainly didn't make him a lot of friends though.

He responded with a laugh of his own as Isla spoke of Ashla's plans.

"Yes, Ashla's will can be quite elusive at times. I've dedicated my life to interpreting her plan, and I still find myself surprised at times."

Leaning back in his chair, the Cardinal pondered on the idea of officiating the wedding. He hadn't performed marriage rites in quite some time, as his duties in the Crusade often kept him rather busy. Despite that, there were days when he missed the simple duties of being a holy man.

"I would be happy to, should that time come."

He grew quiet for a moment at the mention of his family. It was no secret that he was a husband and a father, though the nature of his relationship with his family was not often discussed. As he brought himself out of a moment of deep thought, the Cardinal cleared his throat.

"My family aren't exactly as proud as you may think. The duties of my office drove a wedge between us years ago. I tried to avoid it, for a time... I did my best to live both lives. In the end, I simply could not. My wife understands, but it doesn't keep her from holding a grudge. As for my son, well... he isn't exactly a model Ashlan."

That was an understatement, but the Cardinal wasn't going to open that can of worms unless pressed for it.

"In truth though, I do think of them often. There were even times where I entertained the idea of leaving all of this behind to rejoin them. But that can't happen until I see our people to their final victory over the Bogan."

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom