Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Concordia-class Heavy Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
b8453501e81b5aa47d40e5ea93fc7443.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a heavy destroyer for Mandalorians.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Here, Skira-class
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Heavy Destroyer
  • Length: 1400 m
  • Width: 700 m
  • Height: 200 m
  • Armament: Very High (12x Triple heavy particle cannon turrets, 16x Heavy railgun turrets, 20x Varactyl dual heavy turbolaser turrets, 40x turbolasers, 40x dual laser PD turrets, 20x Flak coilguns)
  • Defenses: Very High (Ray shields, Particle shields, Ionic shields, Reinforced duraplast armor, Ablative armor, Missile jammers)
  • Hanger Space: Low: 4
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 3 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 1 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1
STANDARD FEATURES

• 4x Ion-jet engines
  • Advanced scanners
  • 12x Triple heavy particle cannon turrets
  • 16x Heavy railgun turrets
  • 20x Varactyl heavy turbolaser turrets
  • 40x turbolasers
  • 40x dual laser PD turrets
  • 20x Flak coilguns
  • Ray shields
  • Particle shields
  • Ionic shields
  • Reinforced duraplast armor
  • Ablative armor
  • Missile jammers
ADVANCED SYSTEMS

• Advanced targeting system: An advanced targeting system is used to allow for highly accurate targeting for the laser turrets, turbolaser turrets, and Varactyl turrets. This advanced system is based off the system found within Mon Calamari vessels, and allows the weapons tied to it to target and fire on strike craft more effectively. The Varactyl’s are still not the most accurate, but the volume of fire that they can lay pushed then engineers to add them to the system. The other weapons, however, serve as a powerful layer of defense.
  • Central A.I.: The central A.I. , taken from the Skira-class, is what keeps the vessel running so smoothly. With a mental capacity greater than that of a tactical droid, These A.I.s runs most of their star destroyer’s systems, and ensures that the vessel is always ready for combat. The A.I. is also capable of running the ships weapons, navigation, scanners, and shielding in an emergency, allowing the vessels to quickly react to threats. The A.I.s have been programmed to be loyal to their crews, and have the protects to keep anyone from hack them.
  • Ablative Armor
STRENGTHS

• Particle weapons fire explosive bolts, making them more difficult to fully defend against.
  • Heavy defenses and firepower.
  • Reinforced duraplast armor gives added ion/emp defense.
  • Jammers.
WEAKNESSES

• Slow and cumbersome.
  • Particle weapons can be affected by multiple shield types, thanks to being a sort of hybrid between mass drivers and energy weapons.
  • Ablative armor is limited.
  • Exposed engines and hangers.
DESCRIPTION
Built after the Battle of Kintan, it was made pretty obvious that the Skira-class vessels would need heavier support to allow them to remain operational, particularly with the Skira-class Concordia being beyond repair. With that, a new class of vessels were built. Named after the moon of Mandalore, and the ill fated Skira, the Concordia-class heavy destroyer is a heavily armed and armored start destroyer originally designed for
The Network, and meant to support fleets with heavy weapons fire. The vessel has been nicknamed a pocket-battlecruiser thanks to this focus, and it is well deserved. The main battery of the Concordia-class is its triple heavy particle cannons, designed to tear through molecular shielding while still having the advantages of energy weapons. Along with this, the ship possesses railguns and heavy turbolasers. Along with this, the ship has many point defense turrets and flak coilguns to protect it from fighter screens and missiles, assuming the missile jammers don't stop them first. These ships are also built with powerful shields and, originally, Beskar plate armor, leaving her as one of the most well protected ships in the CST arsenal. The vessels, like Skira-class star destroyers, also possess a central A.I.

While Concordia-classes are powerful, they have their downfalls. The vessels are slow and cumbersome, and their hangers and engines are fairly exposed. Along with this, the vessels prized main battery has the disadvantage that many other particle weapons have, and that is that multiple shield types can affected by both particle and ray shields, making them somewhat easier to stop at times. Her hangers also aren't the largest, meaning that the large ships can only bring so many fighters into the fray.

After years of service, the Concordia, the only existing vessel of the class, was refitted to match future plans of the class. The most drastic modification was stripping the vessel of it's Beskar plating, saving it for the creation of future Mandalorian armor after Mandalore was strip mined. Replacing the destroyer's armor was reinforced duraplast plating, which along with being tough adding more ion/emp protection to the heavy vessel.

Last edited:
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
John Locke John Locke

This is ready.
  • Changed the Beskar plating to Reinforced duraplast armor.
  • Removed Beskar from materials and changed it for Duraplast.
  • Added to description to give the IC reason for the plating swap.

Looks good, for the most part - and may I just say I wholeheartedly approve of self-regulating in regards to rare materials.​
  • Please add the Market Status field, per the current Starship Templates. In your case, it should presumably be "Closed-Market".​
  • You may have misunderstood the way in which Hangar Space is calculated at the moment; rather than go with the closest number, the numbers listed are when that number begins to be counted, e.g., a 1001 metre and 1499 metre ship with a Low rating would both have four Squadrons, but a 1500 metre ship with the same rating would have six. Please adjust the meterage or Hangar Space accordingly.​
  • The Central A.I. Special Feature mentions Cloaking Devices, which are not permitted at Minor Production; since these aren't mentioned anywhere else in the submission I assume it was less "intent to include" more "copy+pasted feature from a Unique/Semi-Unique submission".​
  • If possible, please link "the Network" in the description. They would be the ones that transitioned into the "Vegemite Jedi Order", no?​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom