Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conclave of the Jedi Order (The Galactic Republic).

Ylva Alfrún

"Wolf Who Possess Hidden Knowledge"
Ylva listened to the Miraluka speak as she watched the Gamorrean enter the chamber at a waddle, the linens of his robes shifting to and fro with each step. His presence had been the most interesting development yet; she knew of the other Master although they had never met face-to-face. Finding Force Sensitive specimens amongst the Gamorrean people was extremely rare, and Ylva was curious to test his mind. Perhaps another time...Ylva told herself as she caught the tail end of Saran Drast's remarks on her own conduct. Ylva turned slightly in her seat to address the blind Knight that had decided it was her place to admonish the Jedi Master. "You may address me as Headmistress, not Miss Headmaster, my dear Knight. Your conflation of two contradictory engendered titles is an affront to spoken language." The old woman's tone was biting; she spared little patience for unnecessary deviations in discourse. "Knight Drast raises a grounded point, I believe," Ylva continued, decidedly focusing on the more pertinent portions of the Miraluka's contribution. "Though I would support the selection of our Battle Masters through the combative arts; violence is their speciality and conflict is the only objective measure of a Battle Master's merit. I would recommend a series of engagements testing various conflict disciplines over single confrontations, which ought to assuage any concerns of veracity of the selection methods."
At this point, Ylva looked more softly toward Veiere Arenais, the man who had called this most important meeting. "The Sword of the Jedi, however..." Ylva's voice, now soft where before it had been harsh, trailed off for a moment. She did not want to dissuade the younger Jedi; for all his ambition he was humble and sharp-minded. He would continue, Ylva believed, on a path to renown wisdom. "This is not a title one is bequeathed by their peers, or adopts." It was almost as if she were speaking only to Veiere. "It is something spiritual that is sacred to the community of Jedi of a given era. Jedi do not decide who shall be their Sword, Veiere. Rather, the Force inspires their discovery within each successive generation. Our Sword may not even be a Jedi; our generation may never even see the revelation of a Sword; perhaps it will see many; there may never again be a Sword of the Jedi." Ylva shrugged, the possibilities were truly endless. "One cannot truly know the future, but if you remain in tune with the Force, you may one day be inspired by its wisdom and discover a Sword amongst us." Ylva locked eyes with the experienced Jedi Knight, their mutual gaze sharing briefly a particular understanding of the Order's current plight. "And I certainly hope you do." Her voice was nearly a whisper and she seemed to be speaking to herself. The statement was oddly specific to Veiere, and for reasons Ylva could not explain (that she assumed was the work of the Force) she felt that he would be the one to discover his generation's Sword of the Jedi.

[member="Sochi Ru"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jordun Darko"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Senji Selah"] | [member="Jorvan Hatha"] | [member="Kras Tolem"] | [member="Travot Ravenna"]
[member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Cath Lorr"] | [member=Sheila] | [member="Cyril Grayson"] | [member=Zator Carr] | [member=Tugoro Taidarious]
[member=Matthias Draay] | [member=Saran Drast] | [member=Borris]

Battlemaster, Sword of the Jedi, Master Archivist, Master Artisan, Ace Commander, Ambassador of the Jedi...-These were all titles of formality that represented the responsibilities of the said Knights and Masters that had taken them up under the guidance or confidence of the Jedi Council. In Veiere's eyes they were second in nature to the purpose of this Conclave and in seeing the many Jedi around him, regardless of their position within the Order it was their faith and will to see it go on and flourish, that he was looking for out of the meeting. It had proven to him that they were still present in the Galaxy and not as remnants of a lost Order but willing to come together and through varied difference of opinion, collaborate for the continuance of the path.

Looking to [member="Ylva Alfrún"] who was addressing him personally, he listened yet knew not who among them would be such a thing. The Sword of the Jedi, it was not a common title used among such a small branch of Svivren so far from the center of the galaxy where they had once been established. None-the-less he waited until she was finished before standing and dipping his head to her in appreciation of her advice. Again it was uncomfortable being called into the middle yet several had seen his calling of the meeting to signify his ability to advise and help shift the direction of the Order, responsibility that was well beyond that of a Knight of such a formerly small and peaceful branch, long ago. Still, he could not continue to look to the past in comparison with what was to come of the future.

"Thank you for your words, everyone..." He slowed moved to walk into the center of the room once more so that he could look to them all in offer of his thanks and appreciation for their time, "I realize that this Conclave has come at an inconveniencing time for many of us. Conflict is on the border of the Galactic Republic's territories and we are needed; yet the help we can provide I felt was strongest under a united front and in seeing you all here, it's evident that that truly is the case...".

[member="Sheila"] and the old man, Grandmaster beside her were the first pair that Veiere would turn to, speaking to them first though loud enough for the others to hear. "The Discussion of who is to be on the Council could go around all day but I'm afraid there is much to be done and the longer we stand here, the more the need for our people elsewhere. The two of you were the only remaining image of the former Council before this conclave and I have not come to force upon anyone, the change or removal of permissions. It is my conclusion, after listening to the others, that if we are to learn from the past that has overshadowed the Jedi for so long, then we are in need of working together, the old and the new. I would have you remain in the Jedi Council".

[member="Dune Rhur"] and [member="Cyril Grayson"] were the next pair that Veiere would shift his attention to, "While the rank of Jedi Knight is the heart of the Jedi Order, the Rank of Jedi Master has always been given in response to ones faith and continued service to the force and to the Order, beyond that it represents the awareness and a significant level of experience gained throughout ones path and experience is what is needed for the Jedi Order to prevail. I would see you both seated upon the Council...-There is much, I feel, that you can both give to the Order".

Finally, he looked to [member="Ylva Alfrún"] and [member="Sochi Ru"] who had both offered their advice and had reiterated their experiences within the Jedi Order throughout the recent past. "A strong Jedi Council is not one that always comes together in agreement, but one that can discuss and work around a wide difference of opinion and experience. These two have given much for me to think about, yet beyond myself, I feel they can provide us with a needed balance within the Council, so that all things are considered openly and with the greater good at heart...".

Taking a slow and quiet breath, his gaze crossed all those within the room, studying their responses and questioning whether he would be met with argument or otherwise. He had of course neglected to mention himself yet as Ylva Alfrún had already suggested before, his advice was one that would always be on offer for the Jedi Council and the Jedi Order at large, need they only wish to ask of it.

"All other matters such as titles of formality or positions of prestige can be gauged and considered by the Jedi Council that presides at the head of the Order but this Conclave had been called for a purpose and I feel that it has succeeded in that purpose. If there is to be no further argument then I would have the members of the new Jedi Council to bring this meeting to a close. We have heard from many and we have each said our piece, right or wrong, we have sought a goal we all share and in the hopes of securing that objective, may we look to the future, to the training of our students and the defense of the Republic, knowing and seeing the weight of our discussions today".

[member="Sochi Ru"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jordun Darko."] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Senji Selah"] | [member="Jorvan Hatha"] | [member="Kras Tolem"] | [member="Travot Ravenna"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Cath Lorr"] | [member="Sheila"] | [member="Cyril Grayson"] | [member="Ylva Alfrún"] | [member="Borris"] | [member="Saran Drast"]

Dune remained silent as the other spoke around the table. Ylva's words could cut like a lightsaber if she so desired. One had to look beyond the words themselves. One had to understand the woman's meaning and intent.

Her words about Tugoro were a bit harsh. The Jedi he'd known hadn't been conventional. He hadn't been lazy either. Nar Shadda was a dangerous place for a Jedi to operate.

If they wished him to sit on the Council, he'd accept. It was an honour but it wasn't just vanity. He hoped to act as a moderate voice. That would require a certain amount of delicacy.

Sheila had been quiet... mostly because she was dumbfounded at the change in the definition of success as she remained on the grandmasters shoulders when they were heading out. The conclave seemed to be finished and... she was trying to figure out what was discussed that wasn't in the minutes from any of the other conclaves. She looked at the old man speaking in a low voice she could do with her size. "So I know I am three but I am certain the As-Aki and the humans have the same definition right?" She remained there watching some of them while trying to figure it out after they departs. "I mean the..." She felt a small roll of energy. "Hush for now, we'll discuss it in chambers. This has been interesting and we did learn new things in there. Never discount the mundane or the ambitions of others even in the jedi. It is what we learned in the past for the more political minded jedi. Even the proposal for a new army of light or using the enticement of advancement to stimulate activity. We have learned from these actions in the past and survived them." She looked at him with a small nod and stretched. "Well at least we have what we have that small trip to the other temples. Can meet some some of the other jedi." There was a small laugh while she went towards the hangers with the grandmaster.

She was nominated to be on the Jedi Council...unexpected. This was not her first nomination...before she was asked to take the place of a former master on the council, however she was freshly out of knighthood and was rejected by the masses. She agreed, not because she was a Knight, but because she had yet to fully discover her potential as a Jedi and her calling took her far from the duties of a council member. She felt she was needed in the academy, and she adopted the role of instructor presiding along with her fellow [member="Rasu Gan"] . However over time she came to sit on different councils...much were the same.

She nodded her head to [member="Veiere Arenais"] though she was disappointed in his decision to remain behind the scenes. There were few like him with the courage and wisdom to do what he has done. She looked amongst the others, as she hadn't said much and she felt this was turning into mere squabbling.

"You have what you need..." She said softly, "I will accept this nomination, I will lend my experience and I will also serve as liaison to the Silver Sanctum Coalition. However, my residence on this assembly will be temporary until things are back on track, then I'm afraid I must take my leave." She spoke her words, and lowered her head slowly as a sign of respect amongst those who had gathered.

Her head rose, "Much has been discussed, and much has been accomplished. I look forward to working with you all." She turned and slowly began to walk towards the door.

[member="Jordun Darko"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Senji Selah"] [member="Jorvan Hatha"] [member="Kras Tolem"] [member="Travot Ravenna"] [member="Cath Lorr"] [member="Sheila"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] @Ylva Alfrun [member="Borris"] [member="Saran Drast"]

Zator couldn’t believe his ears the wrinkled witch had the nerve to chastise him and his nomination for the council. How dare the wretched women? Since when had she shown a reason to be on the council besides her sharpened tongue? It was disgusting to the Tof and while the emotions didn’t show on his face they certainly radiated so in the force. The disappointment was obvious and what was happening left a sour taste in the jedi’s mouth. Such complacency in the face of what was happening. These jedi were a dying order and they could change that here and now. But what they wanted was to return to their chambers or homes?! IS THIS WHAT I WAS CALLED FOR?! NO! Zator thought as he began making his way to the door ahead of the other jedi.

He would not let any of them leave till a council and decisions had been made. The jedi always spent their time deliberating and meditating on decisions, that was not the correct way this time. Look at where it had landed them. A dying order in a floundering Republic, they needed to be more decisive in their actions and place them in effect. The worst part was the elderly Grandmaster that did nothing nor offered any true advice to the situation. What type of jedi was this to sit by and let the Republic flounder in such a way, to let the jedi continue to die. Zator saw several figures in the room that were a better fit for the position. Raising a meaty fist, the Tof would empower his body with the force and shielding his body with a barrier.

Slamming the fist into the walls of the chamber the Tof would destroy the walls surrounding the exit causing the entrance to crumble in on itself before his body began jerking and soon enough the Vong stomach he had implanted in himself as a youth did its job. From the mouth of Zator came a mixture of black and green liquids that was the Vong Spawn virus coating the rubble. “NO ONE IS LEAVING!”

“This is the problem with you jedi! You want to go and meditate on what you heard instead of making decisions! Look at you! We were called here for a reason and I will see it finished. NOW SIT DOWN!” Zator roared throwing up a barrier around himself and the wall before resting a hand on his greatsaber daring the jedi to attack.

[member="Sochi Ru"] [member="Sheila"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Ylva Alfrún"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRgH7HvmSiE​

Borris raised his thick brow slightly. His hum dropped deeply in tone and his large body hunched forward slowly in his meditative stance. Gasping for air and snorting couple times Borris wiped some drool from his toothy mouth. Metal footsteps sounds from behind letting the Gamorrean know his Protocol droid was now within the room, better late than never. The droid was silver in color with green photorecptors. With a frantic wave the droid began to greet those ahead followed by a scream. " Hello. Hello! Greetings young Tof! Oh my.. Ahhhhh!...Help.." The droid watched in horror as the Tof [member="Zator Carr"] punched the doors shut.

Borris squealed as he watched vomit cover the doorway. Tumbling to the side in a roll his thick brow fell in a V type shape showing his dissatisfaction of the situation. Standing up to his feet the Gamorrean began to sweat some. Looking around he began to speak aloud but all that came out was various sounds and snorts.

Tyberius Fel

Rightful Galactic Emperor
Vorian was thoroughly disgusted with how his 'fellow' Jedi so quickly attempted to rout from the council, with absolutely nothing solid decided, like chickens from a flaming coup. This was why untold trillions suffered. This is why the Republic had been transformed into a borderline vestigal entity. He felt sympathy for the Republic armed forces, as so many of them would die just so they could 'convene' and manage to pack so little meaning into so many words. It sickened him. Sickened him to know Arkania and the friends and family he had grown up with, had pledged to protect could very well perish due to the nearly Byzantine politics that occurred within this so-called conclave. Somewhere in the distance, a Gamorrean Jedi vomited and squealed incoherently.

Silvery hair shimmering behind him, the Arkanian stood up to his feet, beyond frustrated. "Cravens, the lot of you. I am ashamed to call myself a Jedi Knight upon this day." Uncharacteristically aggressive, Vorian whirled around and began to sulkily march towards the exit. He somewhat envied the Sith for surely they had far fewer such problems with one absolute tyrant in charge..

Paused for a moment, Vorian peered to the Jedi Master once known as Darth Mephirium thoughtfully, before strolling to the exit that was blockaded by the hulking stack of flesh and muscle he believed was known as Zator. "It is no use, friend. They would rather pat themselves on the back over the alleged 'much has been accomplished' rather than taking the necessary measures to end the threat." With a resigned sigh, the Arkanian attempted to squeeze past Zator out of the conclave.

As Zator swung his fist towards the wall, Saran moved. It was little more than a leap, but it landed her out of range of the falling rubble. As she did, the thought flashed through her mind that she wasn't angled right, and as she hit the ground, she felt herself roll. Managing to catch herself before she hit the stairs. "Ow" she muttered to no one in particular, sitting up and looking back over. What had once been the doorway was now a churning black mass. Lovely. Well, there was no way she was changing that.

Her arm hurt. Bad. Clutching it, she managed to pull herself into a chair. Resting it on her lap, she sighed again, the sound interrupted by a wince. "You know..." She said, not loud enough to really be addressing anyone, "As much as I don't agree with his methods, the man has a point." She sank backwards into the chair, and began probing her arm to see if she could tell what had happened. She could move it, just not without pain. So probably just a sprain. She'd fought with worse.

"Well then. Let's see what needs to be done, then, and who to do it."

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Senji Selah"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Zator Carr"] [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] [member="Sochi Ru"] [member="Matthias Draay"] [member="Ylva Alfrún"] [member="Jay Masaki"] [member="Cyril Grayson"]

[member="Zator Carr"]'s outburst was enough to draw Dune's full attention. His large eyes flicked to the hand on the hulk's weapon. His lips twitched into a frown and he had to stifle his annoyance. He raised a hand in a pacifying gesture.

"Peace, Jedi. Emotion, yet Peace," he reminded the towering figure.

"Still, Jedi Carr raises a strong point. We must actually do rather than just speak. Let's decide. If not this very hour, then let's set a date where it will be decided."

He looked back to Zator with a meaningful look. The Bith would attempt peace at first, but he wouldn't allow even one so big to break the sanctity of the Temple.

She stopped in her tracks, and the skin above her left eye scrunched up, as with humans this would signify a raising of the eyebrow. Not threatened at all but rather disappointed that such behavior was displayed, and the fact that she couldn't return to her duties at the sanctum as she had another assembly to stand before.

With a calm face, but a slight visible irritation she looked upon the one they called [member="Zator Carr"]

"This display of behavior is unnecessary..." Then she turned around to look upon the others, addressing a few and not everyone "This seems to be common, as we have some who degrade their fellows and the such...disappointing." she said fully turning her body around.

"You all have put forth your nominations, those people have stepped forward and accepted such. You have your leadership...you want change? Then trust in your leaders. I will not participate in the squabbling, and attempting to hold me hostage doesn't do you or anyone else any good."

She took a bit and lowered her head. Her eyes slowly closed.

"And what would you have us discuss? Our plans to rush into the fray of battle against the Sith? Judging by our current state we are in no position to step onto the front lines. You allow your anger to fester...but bring up no points for us to go over, instead you hover and claim we must do rather than speak. If you had heard...a council has been put in place, we have reiterated that we will remain a separate entity from the Republic, and have also decided that titles will be decided and rewarded by the council. Allow your council to convene, when it is called forth by your Grand Master...if you have any other arguments then put them forth, if not then I see not why I can't return to my other duties."

Then she turned to the one who barred the door, "You reach for your lightsaber...as the notion of using force against us runs through your mind, is this what we've become?"

[member="Jordun Darko"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Senji Selah"] [member="Jorvan Hatha"] [member="Kras Tolem"] [member="Travot Ravenna"] [member="Cath Lorr"] [member="Sheila"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] @Ylva Alfrun [member="Borris"] [member="Saran Drast"] [member="Vorian Adasca"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jay looked up from playing video games on his phone. Noting the new arrivals, the attempted announcement of a new Council, an ork punching a door, and maybe a little pig vomit too. Ugh. Shuan could forgive the vomiting part. Mostly.

"Mm."

He checked the time on his phone and nodded. Might still be able to make that movie. Just... Maybe. Should probably text Triss too. The Time Traveler remained seated and disgustedly bored. Switching from playing video games on his phone to tweeting new messages about their progress to his friends. Telling everybody on his long Jedi contact list just how the Conclave was going.

Which...

Let's be real. Not so great.

[member="Vorian Adasca"]'s departure was met with a quiet shake of Cyril's head. They were going to need to have a talk.

"Zator, your enthusiasm is appreciated, but your dramatics are...unneeded," Cyril bowed his head forward, "I'll acknowledge your skill. Until another rises to challenge you, I'd say your our greatest candidate for the order's blademaster." The shadow affixed his old friend with a smile, one meant to reassure as to censure.

"Now, I think we've all had enough of semantics and the like." He strolled over to one of the nearby seats and settled down, one leg folding over the other. "The council is a transient thing and will grow as the Order does. Myself, Sochi Ru, Dune Rhur, and any other capable masters will sit upon it until the Order has regained its numbers."

Cybernetic fingers rose as [member="Borris"] began to squeal. "Master Borris, no need to panic. Zator will remove the...vomit," Cyril gave Zator a level stare. "....So as to avoid any further chaos."

A sigh.

"There a number of ventures the order needs to take to before we start to think of ourselves in a healthy state. Holocrons need returning to the library, of which I've already scheduled a number of expeditions. Any who are willing may join me," he gestured toward Zator. "@Zator Karr is a capable warrior. He may be brash, but I trust him with my life, as should the rest of us," then came the smile again, "Zator, can we trust you with the honor of teaching our padawans how to properly hold a blade? Perhaps Master [member="Borris"] can help you?"

For a moment, his attentions passed over to [member="Jay Masaki"]. Was the boy texting? Cyril squinted to try and discern the stranger's actions, though trying to provide some sense of balance to the discussion quickly stole his attentions.

"Master [member="Dune Rhur"], you're a capable sort. We all know the Order is lacking for bodies. Perhaps you and [member="Sochi Ru"] could help solidify ties with our cousin organizations and find more force sensitives to build up our numbers?"

Then came [member="Ylva Alfrún"]. "My lady, your service to the order does you credit. Maintaining the enclave is an important role, and no one is better suited to teaching the younglings who pass through its halls."

He drew in a deep breath. "[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Saran Drast"], [member="Tugoro Taidarious"], starling knights with bright futures ahead of them all. I encourage the three of you to take students under your wing so that you might experience the joy of teaching. Not to mention our lack of leaders -- I believe you're all ready to stand up to the plate."

His gaze fell to [member="Senji Selah"], "You say your education was stunted for lack of a master, yet here you are. That dedication should not go unrewarded. Should you desire someone to finish your training, I would offer myself, as I'm sure any other master here would."

His dug his knuckles into his temples as a headache began to come on. Not even the force could save Cyril from his daily migraines. "[member="Matthias Draay"]," despite his distress, Cyril flashed his friend a lopsided grin, "Maybe you could look into the source of all these terrorist attacks and help us put a stop to it? You do the job right and we might even find you a proper office out of the slums."

With a crack of his knuckles and a pop of his back, Cyril rose up to his feet. "Our numbers must be replenished, our library restored, and our ties with our wayward cousins solidified. there is our purpose. We must protect the Republic, but before we can do that, we must protect ourselves."

The actions of the other jedi spoke magnitudes to why Zator’s actions had been needed. They hadn’t been expecting it they hadn’t even considered him a threat till this very moment. Anyone could be a threat when the galaxy was in turmoil the way it was. Yet they all sat here comfortable making pleasantries with each other not even willing to take action when someone had made a move against them and their ways. “Your peace has done nothing. The peace we seek cannot be attained by sitting in a council chamber and listening to a Grandmaster that is complacent in the ways of his dying order.” Zator said to the Bith looking down on him. If it came to blows Zator knew he could defeat the Bith not in the force but in pure saber skills with the vong implants he sported.

“And while I do not want to cut any of you down I will if you force my hand.” Zator said to the Togruta master. “I want you all to realize that this is not the way things should be and I will never answer to that being as a Grandmaster, he isn’t even worthy to lick the bottom of my boots.” For emphasis Zator stomped one of his legs shattering the tiles beneath him.

Then came the one who had invited the Tof to the meeting… Cyril. Zator held the Master in high regards but would he also stand against the Tof? Or would he see the reason that he brought to the forefront. Even the knight Vorian had realized the flaws of the few masters in the council. It was ironic how Cyril came forward issuing out directives better than the supposed Grandmaster did. It showed just how fitting this order was for him… That was not at all.

Spitting out some left over Vongspawn virus onto the floor Zator growled. “I have had my fill with your diplomacies and complacency and will take my fellow knights advice… I will form the Army of Light and there is nothing any of you can do to stop me. Join me if you wish and together we can bring about the change the jedi need to free the galaxy from the reigns of the Sith.” With nothing else left to say the Tof turned to the rubble and with another punch shattered it opening a hole for people to crawl out of.

[member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Sochi Ru"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Saran Drast"] [member="Vorian Adasca"] [member="Borris"] [member="Sheila"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Ylva Alfrún"]

Dune watched the hulking figure smash a hole through the wall before he left.

"I wonder if he's aware of the door four meters to his left," he mused. He sighed as he quickly estimated the repair costs. So dramatic. So unnecessary.

He grimaced at the Vong sputum on the floor. Vile stuff. He extended his right hand and mimed picking what he could up. With the Force he moved anything solid enough into the nearby dustbin.

"That's going to need a through disinfection. Vong biotechnology is remarkably resilient," he commented.

What he truly found discouraging was Vorian's leaving. His erstwhile student had never seemed truly satisfied. Dune had once though the Arkanian would find his way in the Order once Knighted. It would seem that wouldn't happen.

Logic told him that this would happen. You couldn't every please every being in a democracy. You could only do your best to please the majority. It bothered him to some degree despite everything.

He sighed and brought his mind to present matters.

"Is there anything else to be discussed, my friends, or shall we all make our leave through what remains of the wall?"

It seemed no matter the intentions, the Conclave could not be concluded without some form of conflict, arrogance or the complete disregard of one towards another. Veiere Arenais watched in silence, standing beside [member="Cyril Grayson"] while much to his disappointment, the first people to leave were the so called Grandmaster and the female upon his shoulder who had strongly suggested were the remaining member of the old Council and one that Veiere had put forward thinking that it might keep relations open between the old ways and the new. Evidently this was not the case and his good will towards her had been not only ignored by basically thrown back in his face as they both seemed to disregard and degrade the Conclave as a whole. How these two were expected to lead this Order beside the Republic when they offered nothing to these talks but stern and biased argument with no fruitful evidence to justify their dislike for all that had come together to try and support one another, this he did not know and affirmed the fact that he'd spoken wrongly in the case of keeping either of them in charge. While the head of the snake was blind, it was obvious that the body would not move further.

Turning to glance to Cyril briefly, he offered a disappointed nod in acknowledgement for what the situation was. Perhaps this was why the others left, that the semblance of power and authority was so great that it marred progress for complacency and inaction of leadership. Conflict was becoming a concern now, [member="Zator Carr"] had spoken of his disgust and had more or less yelled it across the room. Veiere felt no ill intent coming from the large goliath of a life form and yet the others took to protest before he would eventually bring down a portion of the wall before taking his leave too.

Perhaps it was the time; he questioned it whilst shifting his gaze to the floor in conflicted thought. Nothing good would further come of this and while the others were beginning to file out, there was no sense in making further decisions while others would only learn of them later and seek to argue it. He had been rather comforted by the many who had come to attend the conclave yet as it progressed, it had grown more and more tense, with less progress in what they sought to discuss and a greater focus around those that could not agree with one another. Unlike those of the past, Veiere thought there was no need to involve the Silver Sanctum or the other sects of the Jedi Order of the Galaxy as they were not a matter that warranted question, each were doing and living by their own mandate and his focus had been here on what could be done for the Republic; which honestly, as it turned out, he found to be waning under it's internal turmoil.

Looking across to [member="Dune Rhur"], he could completely understand the Biths final remark though better to be rhetorical than an open question perhaps. That the Bith was the one to take care of the Toff's mess left on the floor didn't surprise him, Veiere had noticed him as a humble and mutual presence, one that he did not expect would make a grand show of their opinions but rather speak quietly and act without complaint; he would make a good mentor for the students had he not already had one, in Veiere's opinion. "Yes, I do believe we have come to meet the Proverbial Wall" he answered in kind and somewhat quietly under his breath before turning to look about the occupants of the room in pause. "Regardless of what comes of all of this, I thank you all kindly for your company and attendance to this Conclave...-May the Force guide you all in the path" He bowed his head respectfully to the ones that remained before he would move to take his leave, his expression worn and the man in great need of some space so that he might center himself through meditation and seek further guidance from the Force.

(Departing thread)

[member="Sochi Ru"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jordun Darko."] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Senji Selah"] | [member="Jorvan Hatha"] | [member="Kras Tolem"] | [member="Travot Ravenna"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Cath Lorr"] | [member="Sheila"] | [member="Cyril Grayson"] | [member="Ylva Alfrún"] | [member="Borris"] | [member="Saran Drast"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Welp.

That went about as expected. Jay shrugged and stood up to dust himself off. Bits and pieces of the wall had splattered about the room and he was looking rather dusty about now. Though. Not all was for naught however. He had come to see for himself who was worthy of putting aside and prejudice in favor of the Jedi ideals today. And those individuals had shown through.

"Judge them by their actions, I do. Some among this congregation are yet worthy of blade and title indeed."

He nodded to those individuals who had shown patience and long-suffering. To those we inspired by their example and in their duty. To those who could forgive and compromise anew. Mmm. And he frowned at those who's pride and self interest kept them from participating maturely at all. True colors. All.

"Welp. Guess that means I've got a movie to attend, now doesn't it. All in days work, I suppose."

He sent out the last notification and text on his phone to Jedi all around the galaxy. Speaking well of those who did well. Speaking ill of those who choose poorly. Making of this Conclave, an interview and an application. A test. Whereby all those present had shown themselves for what they truly are. Inside.

He smiled and closed his phone. Breaking the fourth wall and looking the audiences of this thread right in the eye with the devil's own smile,

"Welp. See ya, space cowboy..."

*exit​

((Looks like I came right at the tail end conclave, but if anyone would like to speak to me as the Supreme Commander to coordinate on some joint activities between the Jedi and military, then I'll stick around. I'll be taking the names of the characters that were put up for nomination here to add to the others.))

While she was no Jedi, Suravi thought it had been a good idea to attend this Conclave as the acting Supreme Commander. Among the many items on her agenda, it was her desire to see the Republic and Jedi working together as one against a common foe. Specifically, she wished to speak with the Jedi about devising a comprehensive program for the Republic military on countering hostile force users. The Jedi could not be everywhere on the battlefield, while the Sith and their legions of hellspawn seemed to be.

The meeting seemed to start off well enough, but then the Grandmaster decided to voice his grudges. A poor decision on his part, as it set a sour tone for the rest of the gathering, culminating with a destructive outburst from one of the Jedi present. From either side, the closet Force User could feel her pair of Dragoon guards tense up at the threat of violence, while she
felt disgust emanating from the crowd of Jedi. (She wasn't quite sure if that was because of the current antics unfolding, or because of the foul stench of the Gammorean that assaulted their noses.)

She stood up from her seat in the back to take the floor, raising her hand behind her to halt her guards as they attempted to follow. As she came to the center of the chamber, she glanced over at the current members of the council, then at the wreckage the hulking Jedi Carr had left.

"Before you all leave, I would like to introduce myself. I am Suravi
Teigra, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces. On behalf of the Republic, I would like to express my gratitude for all your collective contributions in the fight against the Sith. I hope we can all appreciate that such contributions can take a variety of forms, as long as they're ultimately advancing the cause. I know a few of you have your differences, but I'd like to think that we could all rise above that for the greater good. People are left to suffer as we waste time bickering over formalities. For a moment, I could have confused this for a Senate hearing."

"I'll leave myself available for those remaining to take any questions from you all about the military, and the government in general. I understand that some of you have reservations about our Force Academy initiative."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom