Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conclave of the Dominion

Capture_zpslrjs9lo2.png

Eol Sha,​
Corva Sector, Cauldron Nebula.
[member="Darius Sedaire"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Seraya Whisperwind"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | @Jedi | [member="Dominion"] Allies​
There was a time once where Cyril Grayson had returned to the Galactic Republic and found a seat within a Conclave that a much younger and far more optimistic Jedi Knight had called for them and all those claiming to support the Jedi Order under it's banner. There had been numerous hands raised for the notion of a traditional Order, something that resembled the Jedi of the past, days that for all intents and purposes seemed to have been forgotten then, just as Veiere recognized it was today. The Galaxy was in turmoil, chaos reigned supreme and where the Jedi would usually stand as beacon's of light and hope for those that had little, now they seemed to march to the same drums of war that soldiers and empires raised arms to.

Overhead the Stardestroyer could scarcely be seen against the thick smog that filled the sky and clouded out the sun, the far off mountain of fire alight with life and spilling its guts to the wind; the terrain was barren and hard, plant life almost non-existent and the heat was a stark difference from that of Ession's cool nights. Still, Eol Sha had been chosen by the one that would lead this new venture, this second hope for those that had witnessed the dramatic decline against the first so long ago. Since then, many battles had been waged, the Republic had fallen and millions had been killed. The Jedi had attacked Atrisia, they had resulted in the loss of Veiere's pride for the path he had walked, his faith broken and for months he walked knowing not where he belonged and wasting the time of others he genuinely cared for because of that loss.

Cyril's holocron had brought about a great change, it had forced him into a position of great political strength and had given him the power to be able to change a world...-No, worlds. There had been a calling for the re-establishment of an enclave, there were force practitioners among them though they were few, even more evident were those sensitive to it and yet found no path to set off into training. Though Veiere had wished for this chance years ago, he had not thought it possible until Darius Sedaire had called for it. Those within the senate of Ession had even backed the idea much to Veiere's surprise. The Dominion held no prejudice between the Light and the Darkside; since sharing in Kay's company, Veiere had been forced to become acquainted with many who one upon a time would have looked upon one another as the enemy, yet it had given him the sight and open mind to seek to maintain a balance of peace between them under the cover of the Dominion. The joke on Veiere, as he had once told Cyril before his untimely death, that such things were simply impossible, that the galaxy was at odds with itself far too much for such a thing to come into being...-And yet here he was, standing with Darius beside him awaiting those that might seek to join them in support of this new Order.

Those they had called, Lords and figureheads of the Dominion, encouraging them to bring too, any they thought would be up to the challenge of creating a new Order. One to breath light into such a dark world.

The Dominion was home to followers of all paths. Those that called themselves Jedi and others that called themselves Sith worked hand in hand here. Tensions were still rather high, but the possibilities for cooperation were proving to be rather endless. As it turned out, when you stopped trying to constantly murder one another things became quite a bit easier. Darius couldn't help but snicker at the prospect as his shuttle touched down upon the ash caked surface of Eol Sha.

Their place of meeting hung just over the caldera; a forgotten castle that had once belonged to a particularly powerful ruler. Now it was little more than a ruin, though a ruin truly suited this meeting. It was a place of a forgotten past, and a place of new beginnings. It was here that the myriad disciples of the force had been called together to make a decision. Many called themselves Jedi, though that title had lost its meaning in recent years. The same could be said of the Sith that had come, of which they were the particular minority. These errant lords had been gifted Krayiss 2 as their new seat of power. The ruin of Eol Sha was to belong to the remnants of the Jedi. That all being said, neither was restricted from one another's meetings. Their cooperation had brought about a certain level of trust that was rather unprecedented in the current galaxy.

To say that Darius had called them with a bit of an exaggeration. He had simply suggested that a meeting of sorts would help even things out, and that message had carried beyond his sphere of influence. Now the errant knight stood in a gathering of men and women of every creed. He was clad in the dark leather of his old coat, and found himself rather thankful for the hastily installed air conditioning within the ruined temple. The room was not entirely silent; individuals from all sides debated over issues or made small talk. Darius lingered over the holocomm that served as the centerpiece of the room, his arms folded about his chest.

Green eyes flickered to [member="Veiere Arenais"], the Archlord and a stranger in almost every light. He knew of the man's title and his deeds, but the words spoken between them had been very few.

"Good evening everyone. I'm Darius Sedaire, and I was trained within the New Jedi Order of the Galactic Alliance. I defected from the alliance after I saw what they were doing," Darius swallowed hard. "I think we should all start with introductions."

I am no Jedi.

I am not a being that was born of the light, nor was I reforged in it's presence. I am a being of Darkness, and always will be. However, it was still a good idea to show my support of the creation of this Enclave. Why would a being of destruction. Why would a Monster, why would a demon come to the planet of lava, to support the Jedi?

Because I hated who I am. I hated who I was. I wanted to become better, but knew I would never be able to do that. I would never be someone who walked in the Light of the Force. Either way, I came to support those who I believed could change. Those who I hoped could become better through my mistakes.

My change would be small, but the smallest of differences, could mean the difference for a Jedi to survive on the field, and bring forth a new hope for those who fought against the Darkness. Not as though the Darkness was death, but that all things should come in moderation. I hoped to aid in bringing a new change to the galaxy.

As I have stated before, I am the sum of my actions. I needed to become better with those. I needed to do it for myself, as well as for [member="Lady Kay"] as she and I were aiding one another to get past our falls, and failures.

Maybe others would come as well. I just hoped that they didn't toss me out for wanting a better future for others.

[member="Darius Sedaire"], [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay came on her own. She had wanted to bring Brad, but it was too soon. Now was not the time for her adopted son to take part in such ventures. He wasn't mature enough, nor did he have much control over his anger to be able to hold himself back should there be any arguments. She vaguely recalled what happened during the Republic era, her memory still full of holes that were gradually being replaced.

She spotted [member="Veiere Arenais"] straight away, though she gave him some space. They were to take things one day at a time, and she didn't want to overcrowd him. Had she not been invited, Kay probably would have stayed away. She had changed. Lengthy torture and captivity had brought some of the worst out of her and there was no putting that genie back in the bottle. She had to face it instead, no matter how much she just wanted to run and hide.

[member="Atheus"] was spotted next. The two were similar, yet different. He was helping her in ways that Veiere could not. Atheus had experienced what she had, so he knew how to cope with it. She was grateful for his aid and his trust.

[member="Darius Sedaire"] spoke up. Kay had never come across the man before, nor did she recall having any dealings with the Galactic Alliance, so that was probably why she didn't know him. He seemed to have left them, however, just as her Doctor had left them to work for her. How many more would come?

She cleared her throat after the call for introductions was made. "I am Lady Kay, Queen of Commenor, which is a colony world for the Dominion. We have various temples on our soil, and the concecration for a new one, a promise to new beginnings and a better future is always welcomed. You have our support." For reasons that were her own, she maintained the secrecy of her Force sensitivity.

Ra had been hired by the people putting this gathering on to cater cargo to this location and had invited her to stay after she delivered the goods. She wore her hair braided and pulled back like normal with the little spiked ball at the end. She had quickly learned not to be without it when she went out. She had not been told to not carry weapons, so her knives were all in place on her arms and in her boots. Her pants were black and tucked into her boots, instead of a black shirt, Ra wore a white one. Loose enough in the sleeves to hide her knives and her dark purple cloak over everything.

She stopped to listen to the people speaking, some were chatting quietly to others nearby, more were silent as [member="Darius Sedaire"] started speaking. He introduced himself, where he came from and why. Others around the room turned their attention to him and started introducing themselves. Even a queen was present. To be in such high company, Ra felt inadequate to even think of an introduction of herself.

Thinking about her place in the world and the galaxy, Ra was a speck of dust, barely registering anywhere. A simple merchant plying her business with those that would pay her. Nothing was wrong with it, of course, but there was no way she could stand next to royalty and not feel out of place. Oh to be something more than mere dust. Ra let out a small sigh and wondered where this meeting was going and what purpose she served being here.

Jessica was a little late, but Eol Sha was on the way home from Trian, which she intended to go there only as a technical stop to get the AT-AT barge refuelled so that she could return home with the Hijarna stones salvaged from Mygeeto in tow. Eol Sha was quite different from both Trian and Mygeeto, the latter being pretty similar to Glyss. She hoped the Conclave was quick, because there were a lot of things to do back home, both with the Hijarna stones and little Ziana. Nearly all the faces present in the conclave were unfamiliar to her: [member="Maulkat"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Atheus"], [member="Darius Sedaire"] or even [member="Veiere Arenais"]. She readily accepted that the Dominion was open to Force-users of all denominations (much like the Mandalorian Clans back in the day), Jedi (dark or not), and Sith (yes, even Light Sith, even though she knew that life as a Light Sith required more thought and planning than the other three in the theological grid and that might be why Light Sith seem to be the least common in it), for a while, she questioned her Jedi-hood until her actions were vindicated by later events. She could also sense that this very place was used at some point to kill a Light Sith Lord (Darth Maladon), but she puts off trying to find his body to learn more about him. But she didn't miss that much at this stage of the conclave: they were just getting to the phase of getting introduced to each other.

"I'm Jessica Med-Beq, Princess Consort of Glyss"

"My name is Veiere Arenais...-I am the Archlord of the Dominion, yet I came here today with aspirations I held since long before I gained this title...".

Veiere spoke up in a moment of quiet, Darius Sedaire having invited all to introduce themselves, Veiere himself not knowing how many would recognize him here yet all knew of the Dominion as a rising power within the Galaxy, a new formed coalition of peoples bringing together a place of security and peace for those that sought refuge from the flames of war reigning chaos down upon all else. "From the age of five, I was inducted into the Jedi Order and taught the ways of the Force. As I grew older, my eyes were opened to the reality of the galaxy. As my experiences grew, so it seemed did the violence of our society; not just in the north quadrants but spanning right across the galactic chart...That conflict, that aggression has fractured the Order and marred the lines of virtue that were once so clear to us..." his moral code had been formed within the traditional ways of the Jedi Order, just as his confidence had been left shaken with the harsh realities that were thrown at him as he gazed upon Atrisia's horizon and saw the very same people laying siege to a peaceful world.

"I have come to make it known that the Dominion will readily support the reformation of a Force Enclave here, should..." He turned to glance to Darius, extending a hand in gesture to the man, "..-our aid be needed. I personally will seek to be involved in it's establishment where possible, outside of my priorities to Ession and the Dominion's expansive reach to other worlds; and under our banner, I extend welcome to all of you who have come here to show your support, in whatever form that might be" Veiere bowed his head respectfully to those before him and Darius, to be shown such formal acknowledgement may have been beneath others within his position but Veiere had no troubles showing appreciation where it was truly warranted.

[member="Darius Sedaire"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Maulkat"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
Rather than stand at the forefront of this new congregation of lightsiders and Jedi, Arken had kept his claim to fame to himself. The boy clad in a dark green tunic and flanked by a tall assassin droid merely stood in the shadow of his master, [member="Darius Sedaire"]. The two of them hadn't been together that long but he was already starting to warm up to the man. There was quite a lot of wisdom behind that easy-going smile, and it turned out that Arken could actually be a little social as well. Years and years of conversing with his companion and gamers over the HoloNet hadn't done him much good in that department, so it was nice to finally talk to someone who treated him like a grown man - or well, almost a grown man.

However, when everyone else had began to give a little information about themselves to the others, he could feel their eyes burning into him. The growing silence was just a silent preamble as Arken nervously shifted his gait, exhaling sharply.

"I'm Arken," he started, "Pretty new to this whole Force thing. Hope to get along with all of you and learn everything I can." Then he jammed a thumb in Jarvis's direction with a wry grin, "And this is Jarvis. Don't worry, he doesn't bite."

"Confirmation: I am not physically capable. You organics are safe." The droid responded. "For now."

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Maulkat"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Atheus"]

Darius Sedaire snorted.

"Well, it seems we've a gathering of royal blood here then. Unfortunately, I'm little more than a peasant." The knight flashed the group his characteristic smile, nodding to each of them as they spoke. They were a gathering of misfits, truly: a myriad of strangers coming together for an ideal that had died many years ago. Even still, the lot of them had either been stubborn or desperate enough to attend. None of these people had ever held the title of Jedi, save for Master Arenais and perhaps the Med-Beq lass, but that did not matter. Anyone whom was willing could learn and reforge what had been so savagely shattered long ago.

"I know that some of you will hold from the title of Jedi, but...I guess I'll get to the point," Darius drew in a deep breath and stood a bit straighter. "Most of us know what happened on Atrisia. Most of us know what happened to the Republic. Most of us know that our order has been shattered into a few thousand pieces across the stars."

Green flickered to his padawan. Arken was the only student Darius had ever taken, and the boy's training was most certainly a learning experience for the young knight. Opening himself to more might prove to be tiresome, but this had been shown to be the path required of him.

"In years past, the Jedi Order served as the guardians of the Galactic Republic. That Republic has since fallen beneath the boots of despots and tyrants. The Jedi that roam the galaxy today do not hold to the ideals of the old order. Our leaders said that we needed change to cope with an evolving galaxy, and so we did. What did that change buy us? A generation of overzealous warriors willing to burn a world to wipe out a handful of Sith? A sect of Jedi Knights that acts as the judge, jury, and executioners across a vast swathe of the galaxy without anything by way of accountability?"

Darius' nose twitched. "I know that most of you are not Jedi. Some of your are masters of the force in your own right, though you follow no creed save for your own. Others are curious strangers with a latent connection to the force with dreams of serving something greater than yourself, and others still simply want to learn. Though I know him little, I believe Master Arenais and I are in agreement. The Jedi Order must be reforged here, in the fires of Eol Sha."

Another deep breath.

"I do not ask that you swear yourselves to anything. I do not ask that you change your life. I and the handful of other Jedi within the Dominion will begin teaching here in this shattered academy once it has been restored to living conditions. Any of you may stay and learn. If you wish to learn without joining our cause, then that is fine as well. This enclave will serve as a center of learning for all within the Dominion, Jedi or not," Darius paused, "But the order must be restored. The Jedi code reaffirmed by the ancient Grandmaster Skywalker shall be our creed, and together we can show the galaxy that the title of Jedi is one of service, not one of dogma and zealotry."

Green eyes passed over all those gathered, particularly over [member="Lady Kay"] and her follower [member="Atheus"]. The former, he had high hopes for. The latter felt like something was lost to him, and Darius found his heart hasten to help him. Then to [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], a welcomed stranger though a stranger nonetheless. They followed to Ra ( [member="Maulkat"] ) and Darius' lips parted into a smile. Then, finally, to [member="Arken Lussk"], his student and the future of what he wished to build.

"I am no Jedi Master, barely a knight honestly. My training was rushed and I had to learn most of all I know on my own, but," he looked up, "I have faith that together, we can forge something great here."

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Alyson arrived late to the meeting due to a combination of other duties and technical difficulties with the aging, barely functioning, shuttlecraft, but despite this she only arrived a few minutes late, which was rather strange, seeing that she was sure she would be much later to this meeting, but she obviously was only a few minutes late as [member="Veiere Arenais"] was just giving his introductory statements.

Alyson was still struggling to understand her newfound force sensitivity, before it had just manifested as faster reaction times and somewhat enhanced skills, but she had never been conscious of it, it had always just came naturally. Her first direct encounter with her force sensitivity was when the spirit of The Lord himself contacted her shortly after she had come across a map in a siege, she did not understand it at first, but nobody else could see the ghost except for her.

Her force sensitivity was confirmed on the long quest to become empress, and she had been struggling to cope with it ever sense. Now she was here trying to find answers for herself and to help this enclave be set up in any way she could. She knew little of the ways of "The Jedi" or what they did, but she hoped to find answers as The Lord's ghost mentioned that he was one himself. She hoped to find answers of her peoples past and to find her place in the galaxy, hopefully the Jedi could help do that.

She heard [member="Darius Sedaire"] speak words she did not fully understand, much of the terminology was lost on her but she was sure she could learn, many of the names made no sense but she would probably find an archive one day and just start reading about the history of the galaxy, but that was something for later, now she would sit here and listen to the heads of this organization speak, she would speak when she was ready.

[member="Arken Lussk"]
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
[member="Maulkat"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Atheus"]

Ra knew nothing of Jedi or the teachings. Just word of mouth passed to her through gossip. She listened as more people introduced themselves and she almost felt like she should crawl into the shadows and disappear. What place did she have here? She could tell these people were starting something up, a rebellion, new community? She really had no clue. [member="Darius Sedaire"] spoke of the past and what the current Jedi had become. He welcomed all of them to Eol Sha, to grow together-to teach and learn from each other.

She watched as he looked around and his eyes settled on her for moment and he smiled a little. So much for her disappearing now she had been seen. He admits he's little more than a peasant in this company of royalty so at least she's not alone in that.

Ra didn't let any of her confused thoughts show on her face and she maintained one that was neutral. Though she did nod when Darius looked at her.

Another woman joined them soon after he started speaking and looking around, though she also remained silent. Deciding it time, Ra positioned herself a little differently so she could be seen as well as heard by all of them. Having grown up in a loud and busy house, she knew how to project her voice and be heard.

Her silver hair gleaming in the light and her golden eyes catching the stray beam sparkled. Ra wore a tan shirt and black pants with brown boots and her purple cloak. She had added a small flower broach to her cloak and that held it together just below her neck, her hood down on her shoulders.

"I am Ra'a'mah Numare. Formerly a simple currier of goods, but recently discovered force user."

She looked at the ground a moment before continuing and back at the group around her.

"I'm still unsure of what I offer here or my place..."

Ra let her words trail off and fell silent, hoping she hadn't stepped too far out of line.

[member="Veiere Arenais"][member="Darius Sedaire"]@Atheus@Lady Kay[member="Jessica Med-Beq"][member="Arken Lussk"][member="Alyson Halle"]

It was time for Dune Rhur to return. Ever since the catastrophe of the Republic brought about by the Mandalorians. He'd gone into hiding after the briefest stints among other groups. Nothing ever compared to what he felt were the truest ideals of the Jedi Order.

Dune spent much time in seclusion in the ensuing months. He'd meditated on the Force and asked why he'd failed. As a species that never slept there'd been many hours to ask hard questions. Many times the Bith had considered giving up.

He could be some ordinary beings and forget his past life. But that wasn't the core of his being. Even his unconventional mentor wouldn't have given up. She would've encouraged him in her weird way to not give in.

So it was that Dune found himself at this gathering. He'd felt the familiar pull of the Force telling him that he needed to be somewhere at a certain time. Thus he joined this gathering albeit later. Clad in robes made shabby with dirt and wear he entered the chamber.

He looked from face to face and knew that few enough were Jedi. It didn't matter anymore. What [member="Darius Sedaire"] said was true. Or at least what he'd heard of it he'd agreed with.

"My name is Dune Rhur," he said by way of introduction "I have been a Jedi for virtually all of my life. I follow the Old Ways and seek to restore them. But above that I seek to restore unity and order to the galaxy. The Force has called me here because there's a chance to do so, regardless of our origins."

@Ra'a'mah @Alyson Halle [member="Arken Lussk"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"] @Atheus

Kay-Larr

Kay listened as everyone introduced themselves. She was very much out of place, given that she was hiding her Force Sensitivity from everyone. Only two individuals here knew about it, [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Atheus"] . And she planned on keeping it that way for as long as possible.

Her eyes were cast somewhere in the middle, not really looking at anyone in particular. Her brows were furrowed as she worked to maintain her focus. It probably wasn't wise for her to come here as it put herself and them in danger. The Sith had been spying on her, she knew that yet played along as though she didn't. Her work on trying to maintain her sanity as she dealt with her post traumatic stress could unravel should the pressures on her be too great.

That was the last thing that she had wanted.

Kay shifted her weight on her feet as she grew more uncomfortable with each passing moment, losing herself in her own thoughts. Being around non Force Users was easier and less stressful. What did she think about a new Order of Jedi being born? She wasn't sure. The numbers belonging to each side of the Force meant little to her, always had. Though her Master would think otherwise. He would want her to take advantage of being here and kill everyone in sight. But he wasn't here. He didn't know. Was he aware of what had been going on with her at all? Was he even her Master anymore?....No. Prazutis abandonded her after he released her. Perhaps all that he ever wanted was to torture her until she broke, seeing her as a challenge, which took four months, and then his fun was over. He went off to search for more prey.

She clenched her jaw, no longer hearing anyone else, their voices just whispers in the wind, background noise to her thoughts. Kay's body stiffened as she went through a speech in her mind, should she run into Prazutis again. Her decision was made. He was no longer her Master, no matter what he thought. That chain was broken and to make it more real for herself, she visualized the shackles and chains falling off of her and crumbling to dust when they hit the floor.

Her breath caught in her throat as she felt a weight lift from her shoulders. She was free. She was her own Master. Her future was in her own hands.

His gaze was pulled to [member="Lady Kay"], the connection they shared was intimate and strong within the Force, he could feel her anxiety though she had built up her mental facade well; this was the advantage of their force bond, that despite her wishing to shield her concerns from the eyes and ears of others, Veiere would still know when something was on her mind. It wasn't an intrusive search of her feelings but rather an instinctive one and as he watched her avert her gaze, looking to no one in particular, he found himself catching on to her concerns.

'There could be a great strength here, in the near future' his words were conveyed to her not vocally but through the transference of telepathic communication. Those around them would be none the wiser to the thoughts, yet she would hear and feel the source of these thoughts instantly, they came with the feelings of warmth and the desire to reassure her that she was in the right place in the current moment. 'You've seen what people can do when consumed in darkness, the benefit of knowing the path of one aligned within the lightside of the force has been stolen from you...', Kay would feel the encouragement that Veiere found in looking upon those that had come to join them, in those few seconds of letting her in with no constraints around what he might hide of himself, she would too understand that he had been in doubt whether or not this conclave could succeed, and though she did not remember it, she would feel the past weighing down on him from the collapse of the republic and the Order's failure there to cease the opportunity to grow. 'I understand you still wish to keep your sensitivity to the Force a secret, and I will not threaten that. Understand that here, however, this conclave could bring about a new establishment of people that might help you to find yourself again...-Your memories I can help you with, but your faith in the worlds around us and in the Force itself...-Like mine, it has suffered. I want for you to remember the good in people, in those that practice the force for the betterment of society, not to enforce their rule upon it...'.

The loss of the elders of Commenor still weighed upon Veiere's conscience, and he meant not for Kay to see it. It was the one thing that he would hope to conceal from her, the disappointment of the act that she had been responsible for. Though she knew not herself at the time, she had been manipulated into committing murder and part of Veiere's wish to remain as in denial of this as possible was also to protect her, to keep either of them from having to face the reality and should the truth come out or she choose to own up for it, the consequences of said treason against the very world she resided over with such integrity for so long before Prazutis had gotten his hands on her.

That man had much to be held accountable for...

Kay-Larr

Her eyes and her focus would turn to [member="Veiere Arenais"] as soon as she heard his voice in her mind, accompanied by the feelings that he wished to share, both of encouragement and of doubt. She didn't realize that he was paying such close attention to her, but the Force had a habit of doing things like that, bringing people and situations to her that proved a challenge to her in mind, body and spirit. Her connection with Veiere astounded her with it's capabilities. Just how far did it go? What was it's limits? She knew well enough that her captivity blocked it. But did he feel her or hear her at all during that time? She certainly didn't hear him. For the most part she was in solitude, though it was never quiet.

~There could be great strength here, yes. But I don't think that it includes me. I can trust you and [member="Atheus"] with my secret, as he has been helping me too, but I can't trust them. I don't know them. Maybe in time, but not now.~

There were things about her that she kept to herself, things that she had done. Veiere didn't need to know about them right now. He was burdened enough and so was she. Take it one day at a time, that was what he had said that they should do and that was what she was doing.

~I'll give my material support, as well as support for it's right to exist and the protection it needs, but that's it....For now. It's too risky for anything else from me right now.~ Kay didn't want to endanger herself any further than she needed to. Nor did she want to endanger Commenor. They might have the protection of the Dominion, but the Dominion's corner of the Galaxy was far from her own.

'Everything that I do includes you Kay, you are seldom far from my thoughts...This Conclave will see many new students trained, should the Order establish a foot-hold here. Our part together in this doesn't need to end there...' his words faded from his mind as he seemed to linger, his thoughts giving him doubt on how to express the feelings that were running through him. It was all a bit of a rush, excitement and pride that something might be built up again under the Dominion's banner, but more than that, he thought of their future together and the possibility of Kay being trained to hone her skills. Without saying the words, these thoughts gave form to images made up in his made, picturing the future and through their trance sharing that with her, as if it were the sharing of a memory.

Around them, the others were discussing the real reason why they were there, to gather support that the Order might be formed here on Eol Sha, yet the red glow of the descending sun overhead and the fires of the distant and deadened land seemed to bounce off of Kay's skin in an intoxicating way, as if the heat of the world echoed the passion between them; such a wealth of emotions that they rarely allowed to be seen in public. To the others, the two stood silent and observing of the scene before them, like many others who had yet to speak up.

As always however, there was the other side to this coin. That like the conclave of Yutan had taught him, not all things go to plan and should such a union fail then what would that mean for the Dominion. It would remain strong, it's strength wasn't founded by those of the Jedi Order but by a collaboration of peoples from across the northern territories, as well as Commenor of course. Veiere soon found himself wondering just how much he had let [member="Lady Kay"] pick up on, his mind having gone off on a tangent of its own, he'd stopped thinking about the connection he had established with her and had lost himself to his subconscious, that which influenced questions and fake collections of times not yet spent together, their future with or without those presently around them.

"We should get married" Veiere suddenly exclaimed to Kay, not in an alarming way at all but completely disregarding the current circumstance, he having forgotten to keep to the telepathic link between them, he looked back at Kay seemingly wholly focused on her despite the probably confusion in the eyes of those present. In all rights he probably looked a little mad to have come to this conclusion, to the others seemingly concocting it out of thin air, yet to Kay she might have seen it coming. Just...-Probably not in such a sudden and breath taking way.

Kay-Larr

[member="Veiere Arenais"] wanted more from her. She saw it, she could feel it, and she heard it in his words as he spoke in her mind. And then images came through their connection, not so much memories but....was he daydreaming? Kay raised a brow slightly, the faraway look in her eyes that she must of had was now in his. Was he even aware of what he was doing?

She didn't think so. The words that poured out of his mouth said as much. What Veiere had said was just as shocking to her as the fact that he had said it here, in this conclave meeting in front of mostly strangers. Was it the right time or place? No. But they were so wrapped up in eachother's thoughts that any sense of their current situation was lost in 'what ifs' and fantasy of a possible future.

Her breath was indeed taken away, as well as her voice. Her mind was so focused entirely on what Veiere had said and what it can mean, that her hold on her Force sensitivity was dropped. It almost billowed out of her, swirling around her in a torrent of mixed emotions as she stepped towards him as if she was hypnotized. As she neared him she stopped, looking up at him as she searched for her voice. All that came out was a whisper, "...You do realize that you said that out loud, don't you?...But yes, I will marry you. I couldn't think of anyone else that I would want to belong to." And that was the truth of it. She had been with no other since her late husband passed away and she never thought that she would ever come across another that she would care for so deeply.

Entirely unaware of the conversation going on between the [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"], Darius contented himself with listening to the words of those gathered. He was pleased to see that Master [member="Dune Rhur"] had opted to attend. The Jedi Master was one of few that still wandered the galaxy, and his presence would help to make this new order official.

"Then by this gathering and my authority as a knight of the Jedi Order," Darius cast his gaze over every individual gathered. "I declare the order reforged. Things will be slow to begin with, and those teachers we have should take students under their wing and spread their knowledge. With hard work and dedication, the Jedi Order can rise to its former heights." Darius found himself cracking a wide smile, his arms falling down to his sides as he regarded those gathered.

"Masters, if there are any students in need of teachings, please show them the way. Once this enclave is restored, the Jedi Order will truly be reborn. You are its future, and those of you that do not call yourself Jedi need not worry - you shall still find a home for yourself here."

With that, the knight stepped back. If anyone had anything particular to say, now was the time.

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Dune Rhur"], @Ra'a'mah, [member="Alyson Halle"], [member="Arken Lussk"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Atheus"], [member="Sochi Ru"]

The last time she even saw [member="Dune Rhur"], she was a neurotic woman, bristling with intellect to the point of even worrying about whether she was used as a computer in/by the Force at the time. Now that she knows that she is Force-sensitive and, not only that, capable of taking on a Padawan learner, Jessica is a different breed of Jedi. These days, Jedi seemed to be dominated by lightsaber jockeys, which she wasn't. She could also be a trainer for certain powers, like Force-comprehension, as well as the elemental triad, including pyro/cryokinesis and Electric Judgment. [member="Veiere Arenais"], however, was more of a lightsaber jockey (then again, she was more Force-intensive than the majority), and so was [member="Atheus"] from what little she knew about those people. Dune, on the other hand, was more Force-intensive. Oh and she was almost completely oblivious to Veiere or [member="Lady Kay"], and also [member="Sochi Ru"] seems to have kept quiet almost entirely. Yet she feels that there is one concern that needs to be brought to the table with the whole deal of taking apprentices.

"We need to make sure that each person capable of passing on their teachings knows what teachings they have the opportunity to actually pass on. The Order would be better served if we ensure that apprentices have a better fit with their prospective masters: otherwise they are more vulnerable to falling to the dark side. For instance, I would be a better fit for a Force-intensive padawan"

Dune nodded to [member="Darius Sedaire"]'s pronouncement.

"Let it be so, then, by the will of the Light," he added. [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] spoke up with some of her old spirit that he remembered. Precise as ever yet there was something different about her. More calm and self-assured now.

Off in the backdrop [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] carried on their own conversation. He was too preoccupied with the current conversation to notice what was being said. Certainly there was a strong outpouring of emotion but that didn't surprise him. This was a significant event for them all.

"I can offer teachings of the Force, of our history and philosophy. I can also teach the lightsaber to our students to come."

[member="Atheus"] [member="Sochi Ru"] [member="Arken Lussk"] @Allyson Halle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom