Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Commonality Lies Therein

At times I cannot wrap my head around it. Nearly every person that I come across outside of New Cov are Force Wizards. I had a special ring developed that can detect such people around me. However my lack of the ability to see color does not allow me to see the ring to it's truest potential. I have not quite put it to practic to know for certain of which shade represents what.

Regardless of this, I have found myself at a real disadvantage on the intergalactic stage. And it is not just me, but the Covie as well. There are not many among the Covie that are Force Wizards. However I am aware of a Jedi Temple hidden within the jungles. I know two of the Jedi that visit there and they are a lovely couple. But that is besides the point. They are among the nearly countless Force Wizards in the Galaxy. And it is Force Wizards that have been at the forefront of the dozens of wars that the Galaxy has seen.

More often than not they are the sole cause. And innocent people are caught in the middle, even so much as to be used as cannon fodder or at worse; to be made as slaves to the Force Wizards. Worlds have been devastated because of them.

I must elevate the Covie above the Force Wizards some how.

A search on the holonet had taken a slightly darker turn than one would normally expect from me. Whether or not it can prove fruitful is still up in the air. Still, I reached out in hopes of gaining a foothold and perhaps even finding a solution to this daunting issue. Now I can only wait for a response.

Tag: Micheal Nox Micheal Nox

divider.png

This was a surprise. And a welcome one. The Way of the Open Hand, it was a long forgotten religion. The belief that the Force should not be used by any was such a foreign concept in a galaxy where the Sith and Jedi lead galactic wars practically every month. They were a small group, but in time they'd grow. He just needed to be more patient. And less.. Obvious. Micheal wasn't going to just let himself be obvious in his desire for revenge against all Force using scum.

Not if he wanted to actually complete his goal.

So a message from a likeminded individual? A serum to neuter the Force? He chuckled as he sent his reply. Short and sweet.

<We have much to discuss. Name a time and place.>

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Where should I meet this one? It will have to be discreet. I can only have so many meetings in Ilic City before suspicions are raised. So I consider an alternative. My family has an apartment in one of the other domed cities. It is a bit of a retreat and should suffice.

I reply to the message with co-ordinates, passcodes for the biodome's pipes and with a time to meet set to 5 days from now in the morning. That should be enough for my incoming guest to find his way to New Cov.

And when that time arrives, I will be there waiting for my guest.

divider.png

It wasn't long of a wait. Curiosity, a desire to finally move forward with his plans, there was no reason for him to delay. Much to the exasperation of his head priests. He was the most influential member, the face. Having him just wander around was certainly going to make problems if he, in turn, caused problems. Especially any more than he already had. But he wasn't here to make problems, and more importantly, he wanted to make allies.

No middleman would be good for that.

Dressed in the flowing white robe of the Path, he knocked on the door of the building of which the co-ordinates sent him. All with a calm, warm smile on his face. It was time for the next steps.

The knock comes about when I expect it to. For as soon as his ship used the passcode that I had given, I was notified.

I press down any creases in my dress and open my door. What I see is not what I expect. However in some ways one could say that he looks exactly as I expect. He is wearing a robe and lacks hair on his head.

I offer a smile in greeting as I dip my head. "Welcome to New Cov. I am Miss Terallo. I hope that your trip was well. I have some refreshments inside. Shall we?"

I step back and allow him entry. It is to the sitting room that I take him and refreshments are indeed prepared at a side table. I take a seat on one of the cushioned chairs, keeping my posture poised and straight. "I am not quite certain of where to begin. As I expand my interactions outside of New Cov, I cannot help but find myself surrounded by Force Wizards. I am quite certain that it will become a problem for me down the road."

divider.png

Without a word he found his seat. His eyes shifted, scanning their surroundings. He was missing an arm, but his warrior instincts hadn't faded in the slightest. Just a precaution, in case there was trouble. There didn't seem to be any, so his gaze shifted back to the woman who'd invited him and he smiled. The same friendly, calm smile he had at the door.

"You've realized what few people seem to. Those who can use the Force are problems for all. They can enforce their will upon you and you've little ways to stop them. So we start there. What are you prepared to do to stop them from having that kind of power over so many?"

"It has put me at quite the disadvantage, yes. Most especially when it comes to the political arena." I do not lean back in my chair as one typically would. Instead I interlock my fingers and rest them at the center of my lap. "There are some that say that I can use a creature which creates a bubble of sorts which prevents them from using their Magic. But I do not believe that there are enough of those creatures in the Galaxy to be if any help in that regard. So I must do something more."

I pause briefly as I weigh some of the pros and cons of my idea. "I have an idea that some could say is unethical. But if it works, it could sliw down the war machines ravaging the Galaxy on a near constant basis."

divider.png

"Ysalimir, yes. We've a couple in our camp, just in case we're ever attacked for our beliefs. Jedi of course won't do so unless they can prove we're a threat, but there are dozens upon hundreds of other organizations that won't hesitate." An exaggeration, for certain, but with how the galaxy politics were it certainly felt that way. Especially to him, and those who believed as he did. There were too many would be gods.

"Unethical? .. Unethical are the Jedi who wave their hands and demand us to feel a certain way for 'our own good'." He very much made the air quotes before he settled back in his seat. "Unethical are the Sith who slaughter billions. Unethical are the Ashlan's who create their 'academies' to control and enslave our children. Unethical are all the things countless Force orders have done under their guise of 'greater good.' Whatever you're thinking of, I doubt it's as wrong as they've done."

Everyone is a threat, depending on the point of view. In political circles one must always rember to not put in too much trust or faith in someone for they can always turn on you for nothing more than a little extra credits in their pockets.

The words of the countless unethical acts that the Force Wizards had done surely hit the nail on the head in bringing up one of my greatest fears. And that is to be controlled and enslaved. Perhaps it is due to my lavish and privledged upbringing, but I would not bode well in such a circumstance. I am ever thankful that the jungles outside of the domes protect us from invaders that could try to enslave the Covie.

"From my limited understanding of Force Magic; am I correct in assuming that it is acting on their emotions that causes them to use their Magic? What if I knew of a way to prevent that? What if I knew of a way to elevate us above the Force Wizards and to make them the workers that they were probably intended to be?"

divider.png

"From what I've heard, the Sith certainly do. But I'm not sure about the others. .. But you think you have a path to.. Stop them from using their powers? Without the need of Ysalimir or the like?" Well that was fascinating. Beyond fascinating. It was a path forward, and one that would certainly help all who suffered under the untamed abuse of those who could use the Force.

"My only question would be what do you need to test it out?"

I nod to his first series of questions. But how much to reveal to any given person is something that I must strategize. For the longest that I can hide all of this, the better. And it is for the better of the Covie and others just like me. As well as for the Galaxy as a whole. There have been far too many wars in recent years.

"I need the latest high tech equipment for a lab in biochemistry. I cannot have it tied to me, but I will be at the forefront for it. There are some empty warehouses in one of the nearby cities that can be purchased and utilized for this. I will also need some help in securing the test subjects within. Are there some kind of cages or cell structures that can keep them from using their magic?"

divider.png

"It's not easy to hold them, especially the powerful ones. But we have a couple ways that could help. We don't have many, but some Ysalimir can be put into the facility to keep them cut off. And, of course, we can help protect the facilities as needed. And, if we can get our hands on enough, a cell of Void Stone would ensure it." He paused for a moment. This was ideal in his opinion. A place to work with the backing of a worlds leader no less, no one would question it. But did she really understand what she was asking?

Micheal leaned forward, folding his hands together as he leaned his chin atop them. Watched her.

"Are you truly okay with imprisoning people? Locking them up for experimentation. They are people. While they have a power no one should, and I do believe it's necessary, are you prepared to harden your heart for what must be done?"

"Where would one find a Void Stone cell? Are they only on the underground market?" I can certainly try to get my hands on one. Not all of my connections are on the up and up, afterall.

The questions that he raises after my own are of things that I have asked myself before taking the steps to undertake this self-imposed mission. "I understand. And it is not as though I will be torturing them. Nor will they be locked up for long. The only thing that could make hestitate would be if those that are brought in are ones that I know. But I will still take what steps that I need to help them."

In some respects I know that I will not entirely be sure of how I will react if I see someone be brought in that I know and recognize. I may need to pretend to be someone else during my visits to the facility.

divider.png

"Not tortured? Not locked up for long?"

Micheal hummed for a moment, now actively rubbing his chin as he watched her. And, then he frowned.

"We will be helping them. But they won't see it as such. We're talking about taking away what makes them special. Locking them up? Trying to find the right recipe, things will go wrong. Experimentation will always have it's ups and it's downs. People will be hurt. People might even die. And you want to just.. Let them go shortly after? So they can tell their people what happened? The Sith, the Jedi, they alone won't stand for something like this. They will come to destroy it if they find out. What you want to do, it will not be clean work."

He truthfully didn't care if it was clean or not. He'd avoid killing if it was distasteful for her, but he'd kill without hesitation otherwise.

"But in the years to come, when people like Kyrel; who used his power to devour Panatha; no longer exist, the Galaxy will thank you." He paused, then cleared his throat and brought the smile back.

"My daughter died because of these Force Wizards and their unregulated power. I apologize if I'm intense, but this is a mission I truly believe in completing. Myself, and all of the Open Hand."

I listen intently as he widens the scope of what I plan on undertaking. In my mind, when the Force Wizards are no longer capable of their Magic, they will not run and expose us. But instead they will be the obediant soldiers and workers that they are meant to be.

I get a sense of foreboding when he tells me that others would come to destroy what I plan to create. But is not everything worth while just a little bit frightening at first? And the way that I see it, only if one or two escape will the secrecy be broken.

"I am deeply sorry for the loss of your daughter. I cannot imagine what that would be like. This is all not for vengeance but to regain our place in the Galaxy. I understand that there may be some loss. However if it can be prevented then all the better. I will do my best to set my emotions aside when they need to be, in order for our efforts to be successful."

divider.png

"It started as revenge for me, I will not deny that. But over time, I did find myself thinking the same as you do. I will do everything I can to ensure there are no problems on my end, and if there are, I will endeavor to make sure it is not a problem that grows." And, well, he wouldn't care if he killed a couple Force Users along the way.

"I look forward to meeting your scientists who will bring this reality about. This is a step the Galaxy has long needed to make."

There is no doubt in my mind that this had all started for him through revenge. For me it is quite different. One may call it an insecurity, but is it really that bad to strive to be above those that use magic to claim superiority over the Galaxy? I think not.

"Once the facilities are ready, I will have you meet the team assinged to work in them. Test subjects will be brought here soon enough. I have that particular part of the process currently under way. How many of your people will be staying here?" He had mentioned guards protecting the facilities. I hope that his remain inside while my own remain on the outside. It is best not to have anything looking suspicious, and if his people dress and appear as he does; well they will surely stick out amongst everyone else.

divider.png

"Three of my bishops, and a handful of priests. Not many, but they are trained to resist the Force and generally take on those who utilize it. They won't be able to resist something like a Sith Lord, but they'll be capable enough to guard any subjects you bring. They'll stay where needed." Out of sight would be best for his people, too, it seemed. The Open Hand was far from a military power, and he doubted they'd ever get to that level.

But they were skilled enough to survive in a galaxy like this.

"Just let me know when we begin."

I dip my head in acknowledgement as he replies to my question. He further adds a question of his own.

"It should not be long. A few weeks at best is how long I imagine it will take for the facility to be ready. I think that it might be best fir your Bishops and Priests to already be here in attendance when the first subjects arrive. It will allow them a chance to get familiarized with the building. The Covie are not as technically advanced as many other civilizations, but we do all right for ourselves."

I pause for a moment, thinking about the overall secrecy of it all and the need of not having any of this tied up with a series of red tape. "I do hope that you are comfortable with us just having a verbal contract on this. The least amount of papertrail that there is to follow, the better."

divider.png

"Then we shall be here, ready and waiting." It wouldn't take long at all for them to get ready and on world, once the word was given. They always had to be ready to move, considering their beliefs. The Jedi had tried to destroy the Open Hand once before. They wouldn't allow a second purge.

"Of course. I can't help but agree. These things must be secret for the time being. But once how it helps is revealed, the Galaxy will thank us. And we won't have to hide."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom