Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commenor Survives: Rebel Rising

Lori watched and listened ehile everyone took their turns to speak. She was smart enough to know that this was a learning experience, a bit of training for a possible future. Though her big brothers [member="Bradshaw Ku"] and [member="Caedyn Arenais"] were in line before her. But who knows? The monarchy could be gone soon, depending on what the Sith do to her Mom. It made her worry that her Mom would be executed. Hopefully they wouldn't do that.

She stood nearly perfectly still, her thoughts all over the place while she tried to remain focused. But in truth she was visualizing everything that they were saying, trying to picture it all.

And then [member="Jake Awaud"] came in. He looked after her for a time, sent by [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] to sort of...babysit her. Not that she needed it!! Her mouth dropped open as she heard of Jaster dying during the siege. She took a step forward, trying to speak, but the words wouldn't really come out when she wanted to. Lori had never had anyone so close die before. "Jaster....Jaster's gone?.." The last time that she had seen him, she was angry. They had an argument about rank as he put her in her place. She had left Jaster in a huff and walked off to go and explore on her own. And now Jaster was gone...She didn't get to say goodbye or thank you or anything.

Lori swallowed a lump in her throat and stepped back so that she was in line with [member="Veiere Arenais"] . A couple of tears slid down her cheeks, but she didn't give into that yet. She'll do so later on her own time, when she was by herself.

Right now it was about saving as many Commenori as they could, and most importantly her Mom.

Asaraa slumped down in her seat, staring at her hands as she slowly wiggled her fingers, clenching and unclenching her fingers before she looked up to offer him a wry smile, “Forgiven but not forgotten huh? I think…your actions make you who you are, both the good ones and the bad ones. It would be so nice to be able to blank them away, to coverup or forget the bad parts of life, that we’ve done, but then what can we learn? If you forgot all the bad moments in life, all the mistakes and the stumbles then you wouldn’t be the same person, you’d be like a child again. If your dad, if anyone can accept his mistakes and own their past while not being chained and bound to it then I guess that’s the best scenario any of us can really hope for.”

The girl fell silent as she let her mind drift back, remembering blood and slaughter for a moment before she shuddered and looked up at Caedyn, a wry smile tugging up her lips. “I guess we all have skeletons in our closet that we’re trying to run away from. I guess that’s what your dad’s trying to do all that much more impressive. He’s not hiding from his past but is trying to do better. Not everyone is that brave but me,” A silvery laugh slipped from her lips as she settled herself more comfortably in her seat nodding at the door to the hangar, at the myriad of stars which she knew dusted the space around them. “I’d want to pack up a ship and fly out there. There are so many places to see, so many wonders to experience. It’s a big galaxy and I’d love to spend my life just seeing what it contains but…” she held up a hand, her lightsaber drifting up off her belt, settling on her palm where it danced back and forth, slowly revolving in the air as it swayed back and forth. “The galaxy seems pretty focused on pulling us back, chaining us to this conflict. I shouldn’t complain, we’re whole and relatively unhurt, and it’s the job of those with power to protect those who can’t. I want to help them, but it’s tough sometimes, putting yourself out there when the people around you react with scorn, with fear. I guess if you don’t understand something it breeds fear, and a person who doesn’t live this might not understand the difference between Jedi and Sith, just see people fighting for their high ideals while they get caught in the middle.”

As she spoke Asaraa’s voice caught a moment before she hook her head and continued, “Yeah, no-ones going to be safe until we’ve seen this through to the end.” She could hear the anger and resentment in her friend’s voice, reaching up to rest her hand on his shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze, a reflection of the scene back on Commenor as he breathed out, trying to remember her training and not let the same emotions fill her with the anger and hate she could feel dancing at hte enge of her mind. “And how many more people will see their families torn apart, how many more tears will be shed before this is done…but the alternative is worse. A galaxy ruled by the Sith, by the Dark Lord who doesn’t value life except as a tool to get his way? That’s not a fate that I’m willing to befall my worst enemy. We’ll stop him, we’ll protect everyone we can. I’m not going to let anyone else get hurt if I can stop it but…I’m afraid that the war consumes us so much that some people loose track of what they’re fighting for in the first place.”

[member="Caedyn Arenais"]

Live in Light, Surf Master
“You still have a planet. A real one with an atmosphere and people on it. Have you seen Ession, lately? The entire population dead and, what is it now? An imperial construction yard? We’re going to avenge your people and we’re going to get Commenor back. And with all of us working it, we can be smart. That way, there’ll be a Commenor left which isn’t made of glass.”

I didn’t know why the news of this [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]’s death means enough to shake the room, but [member="Loreena Arenais"]’ grief hits hard enough to smack the pale colour from my cheeks. It’s hard in times when others require comfort. These humans and others, they scream and shout without their voices. Every muscle twitch and facial tick is worth a volume. I’ve long since learned to ignore most of it, to do nothing without being asked. It’s made me complicit, but now there’s a girl, who reminds me of my daughter, [member="Chiara Viren"]. A little princess being so strong in the face of it.

"How do you plan on getting to the Zambranos? Got anyone willing to go on the inside? If not... I may know somebody." If [member="Baiko no Kaho"] hadn’t died on Sabarene, if Carnifex hadn’t shot down two of my ships, I never would have bothered. As the Mandalorian left, I flicked two of my fingers. A slim metal tag flew unobtrusively into his belt, set to buzz at a frequency I know for a fact would trigger on his Buy’ce. It had to. Yasha gave me the frequency. The message won’t trigger for a bit, I have to hope it gets through. Once that was done, I kept to the back and listened. So far none of them have taken me up on the massive amount of intel I have on Carnifex’s military and naval methods. . . or on Sabarene. That’s okay. There’s still more to this and I’ll do what I can.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

"I'm keeping fine,"

AD-8 replied to [member='ultimatum']'s query,

"And I see you aren't rusting away either."

AD-8 heard some turbolift doors open and looked over to see [member='WD-334'] exiting it. He turned to face him as he walked over and then listened to what he had been told upstairs.

"Divided we do not have enough resources, yes, but if we funnel all of our resources and manpower into one of our companies then they could turn out cruisers very quickly,"

AD responded to WDs worries about the losses and costs involved.

"We will need to make sure we do not get drawn into open and fair combat, we will need to use unconventional methods to stop this tide of darkness sweeping the galaxy"

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Lori looked over to [member="Kaine Australis"] as he left the room. She'll go to him later. There were things that she wanted to ask him and things that she wanted his help with. Hopefully she'd get to him before his ship left the Resolute.

Her eyes were then drawn to [member="Manu Xextos"] as he spoke. He was right of course, they still had a planet that was habitable. Why they didn't destroy it all like they did to Munto City, she didn't know. The inner politics between the two governments was something that she didn't understand. Neither her nor her twin brother hung around for that stuff. The two were encouraged to go their own ways.

She took a step forward, again indicating that she wanted to say something. "Who do you know? Is it Sebastian? If it is, you can't trust him. He tried to get me caught..." Betrayal was something new to Lori. And right now all that she wanted was to punch [member="Sebastian Thel"] in the face and make him think twice about sending Sith Imperials after her again.

Her attention went to [member="Narses"] as the bearded man approached. He seemed a strong sort, his presence carrying that kind of aura about him. She gave the man a tiny nod. Why did everyone have to be so tall? Hopefully she'd have a growth spurt soon.

Caedyn Arenais

C
He couldn't imagine forgetting what started the fight for he and his Sister, [member="Loreena Arenais"]. The capture and destruction of Commenor's former beauty was the stuff of nightmares, true horrors that would not leave him. Or it felt that way to Caedyn, at the least. "I know the Jedi and the Sith have been fighting for years, longer than I've been alive but in the Je'daii Order we were taught that both Jedi and Sith were once of the same people, the Je'daii" Caedyn announced thoughtfully, a quiet and educated voice in the aftermath of such mindless violence. "The Je'daii were people who studied and idolized both Ashla and Bogan, the light and the dark which were seen in the moons of their homeland. My Master taught me the history and before I joined, she told my Dad all about it. The ones who studied the Darkside made the followers of Ashla worried that they were becoming too dangerous and so they told them to leave...".

"But that was their home...-And both sides started to argue and that turned into a Civil War. The first between Force Users...-That's where the Lightside and the Darkside all began, the Jedi and the Sith" fighting for years was an understatement, their war had been going on for mass generations and had seen so many worlds and lives swallowed up in their feud. "I don't know how many people actually know how it all started. My Master helped to rebuild the Je'daii Order and bring back it's traditions and teachings so that people could learn these things, but we were never the kind of people to force it on others so they only really learn if they choose to come to tython and visit the Tho Yor...".

"In some twisted way, Commenor's a fatality of this same War just like so many others have been. The Galactic Empire and the Republic, the Jedi and the Sith Empire. Politics got involved and the lines blurred but it all came from people that were ones friends, brothers and sisters of the same Order and faith in the one Force".

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

It seemed the the meeting was meant for those that had the ability to assist the situation. He only looked at the room, to see one of Jasters Students within the room. The little Princess [member="Loreena Arenais"] and the prince [member="Caedyn Arenais"], their families connection to Jaster was the reason for his death.

He had nothing to add to this converstion and decided to leave the room without a word. Warmaster [member="Kaine Australis"] seemed to have the same idea and Jake walked after him. "Hold Alor Australis." Jake walked into the lift with the warrior. "Warmaster, Jaster gave his life for this cause and seeing you here only adds more cause to their struggle," He paused, "Forgive me for asking, but why are we giving so much to these rebels when it could cause a war with the Empire?"

There were a fair number of individuals present that Veiere would need to hold a conversation in private to further ascertain their motives and backgrounds with regards to the war effort against the Sith Empire. Some had come simply to support Commenor while others saw beyond the needs of the one world, knowing full well the lives and freedoms lost, taken from many others the Sith had conquered before the siege.

[member="Kaine Australis"] it seemed had taken motive to leave and upon saying his fine piece was offered a respectable nod from Veiere followed by a "We'll talk in the near future" passed on via telepathy. [member="Silfe Sosuri"] had previously offered her support and Veiere recognized her instantly as one of the former Senators and long time supporters of [member="Lady Kay"], if Veiere wasn't mistaken, she was listed as a member of government for the Systems Alliance. Or had been. "Thank you Lady Sosuri, your support is appreciated as always..." though her calling him King was unexpected and quite frankly a little surprising given what had come to pass before the atrocities of the Dark Lord.

The one by the name of Jal Shahori ([member="Narses"]) took his turn to represent his people within the Rebel Alliance, to which Veiere offered another firm nod of acknowledgement, going so far as to bow in thanks, maintaining eye contact. "For those of you in the Rebel Alliance, you all have my thanks for coming here in answering my call for assistance. Resistance and rebellion is precisely what I have in mind for Commenor, but the fighting will not stop there. I hope for all our sakes we will be able to help one another in the times ahead...".

Manu Xextos had questions in regards to Veiere's plan, of which he didn't yet have anything concrete though numbers were certainly a good start. "Knowing our friends, our Allances and who are willing to fight was my first step in recovering from the Siege. Presently, I'd not considered placing someone inside the Empire as an agent and spy. Their ways are mindlessly brutal, merciless...-The risks would be vast. Whomever you would send, I'd ask that they be a voluntary placement, knowing full well that their lives might be lost for the Cause".

[member="Drystan Marakos"] | [member="Narses"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Errreembuhr"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Adele Crawford"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="WD-334"] | [member="Aten Ramses"] | [member="Simona Campos"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"]

Asaraa stared at her hands as Caedyn talked, not seeing her clenching fists as she imagined the world he described, the history underpinning the war that had consumed both of their lives. “I never knew that,” she admitted, “back at the temple I grew up in they taught us about the history of the Jedi, but I guess they never went back that far. We learned about the famous Jedi of the past about battle and the politics of the galaxy.” She fell silent as she looked up at the boy thoughtfully. “You know, I never even thought about why it all started, what it was that started off the fight in the first place. I’d always imagined it was something like out of a holonovel, the hero and villain drawn to one another as if by destiny.” The girl shook her head, wry amusement at herself dancing in her blue eyes, “I mean, to a 5 year old that’s what the world looks like. But the reality, it was about the same thing that it always is. Power, who controls what.”

Asaraa took a deep breath before continuing, “but you know, I’ve found that most conflicts are between people who should know better, friends, family, or those who should be able to understand one another. Leading any group of people is hard enough, the only people who can really understand the burden are other leaders. Whenever we go into a fight with the rangers I’m always terrified that I’ll do something wrong, screw up and they’ll all end up dead because of me. How much worse would that be if you weren’t dealing with 20 people but were dealing with hundreds of thousands, of millions of people depending on you. People like your dad and mum, even the Mandalorians and Darth Carnifex, I might not agree with their decisions but that’s an insane pressure. But you’d think faced with that it’d be easier to empathise with people, instead people seem to be more focused on eking out every last advantage, even if it means treading on people and making others sacrifice everything.”

Sitting up, Asaraa scrubbed a hand over her face, “You know, just once I’d like to get in a fight that politics didn’t end up blurring the lines in. Where you knew exactly who was on your side, and who the bad guys were...and we could all wear coloured vest and hit one another with foam noodles and then all go get a treat afterwards. You know being a kid wasn’t all bad. I have no idea why we were all in such a big rush to grow up.”

"Indeed I am not." The droid gave a laugh. He probably appeared quite strange, no longer in the old body of his previous self. "But time has done its work."

As WD approached, Ultimatum bowed in greeting and listened as the larger unit spoke of the decision that lay ahead. He was surprised that none of the lords were here... Then it dawned on him that these may be the last remaining active ones and that thought put a dark cloud in the droid's mind. He did not necessarily miss the old power for its own sake. He did miss the people, or at least what little he could remember of them. He saved a mental note to speak to Sarah about the Metal Lords and his interactions with their hierarchy.

Putting his mind to the current dilemma, Ultimatum spoke, "These are our allies correct? We cannot turn our back on them simply because it is a high-risk maneuver. We must honor our decisions in who we make friends with. I would suggest we help them with all that we can. How else can we prove ourselves to be above the scheming enemy, if we prove loyal in the hard times?"

[member="WD-334"] [member="AD-8"]

Live in Light, Surf Master
“Mindless? Brutal I’ll grant you. Merciless, too.” I tilt my head to the side, a near aghast expression dressing tight cheeks and wincing eyes. “The acts against Commenor were far from mindless, [member="Veiere Arenais"]. There are too many mindful Sith in that Empire, maneuvering through events. Do not forget it was Taeli Raaf, who betrayed the Galactic Alliance, and brought their downfall, at the insistence of her true Master. If even the Jedi Master could be a false image, could we consider anything less from the Sith here? I don’t envy you. Taking Commenor back from Zambrano is going to be hard won, but the harder victory will be ensuring you have a people at the end of it.

And a wife. The person I have in mind is… utterly aware of the intricacies of this situation. If there’s a way to turn the tide, they will push the seas of your agonies aside, without any being aware of their fist.”

The lives of double agents were woefully shorter when dealing with Sith, but these people need a stop gap and an inner lead. Without it, all this talk would come to the silence of misfiring guns in the hands of corpses. [member="Kaine Australis"] was stopped by this [member="Jake Awaud"] and for a moment my eyes pause on the pair's departure.

“Any rebellious act will come down on [member="Lady Kay"]’s head. Her last words to the Infernal, were to keep your children as far away from Commenor as possible. They are welcome on Sabarene, as are you. I will fight beside you, for as much as my paltry contribution is worth. When you’re ready to talk tactics and incite the first thrown stone, let me know.” Pushing away from my spot on the wall, I affix my white hood over my head and bow, one former King to another.

“May the Force be with you.”

WD-334 listened to the both of them. And they seemed to be bent on aiding. It would be costly. And WD-334 cared about the Metal Lords over allies, but they were valuable allies. It would help in the future to aid them now. "We spend all we have, and we have no defense. What if the Sith strike out? It is just as the rebels I had been programmed to fight. You strike, they strike an undefended point. We must defend all points." They needed to hold their home as well as help.

"I propose we organize a force of some of our forces combined. But not all. We will be without a shield." For certain, the war droid would not be expending all it had. Only some. A few ships and ground forces should do fine. "Shall we propose our aid to the one in charge?"

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="AD-8"]

Caedyn Arenais

C
"It does feel like there's no end to it all, sometimes" Caedyn admitted on the concept of War and conflict within the Galaxy at large; "I suppose people get so used to fighting or do it so long that they don't see anything else or any other way around it. Right now, my Family is being threatened and millions of people on Commenor have been killed, injured or otherwise forced under Sith leadership...-I hate to know what that looks like" he paused for a moment to consider how things back home were looking at the moment for the Civilians and people that were brought to heel under their new overlords; "But what happens after we take it back. Will the Sith just let it go? If not, how will it look like in the future with Commenor taking a part in a war. Will we always be open to attacks, and will we ever reach a point where the fighting will stop? Killing someone just angers someone else doesn't it?".

It was a valid and pivotal point that held relevance across all the Galaxy, though Caedyn didn't understand the weight of it as of yet, hence his questioning. Taking a life would surely only justify others to take up arms and return the favor, to his mind and it was true in the over-all scheme of things. Sure they might take back Commenor but how many people would suffer for them all to succeed and have their home back safely under the care of the Royal Family. What possible damage and further hostilities would come about from those whom would defend from his fathers attack in order to retake Commenor and how justified were they all to continue a cycle of endless death and despair when it all truly came down to 'an eye for an eye'. His Master, [member="Asha Hex"] might have been proud of him for questioning and being aware of such things though the reality was that this was their life now and like so many others, violence would consume their future days.

"It makes me wonder what the point of all of this is, sometimes...-I mean we're fighting for the benefit and protection of others, right?" He glanced back at Asaraa somewhat warily, wondering if he shared his doubts in their path and days ahead. Hell, even the mantra and ideals of the Jedi and the Je'daii came into play with such circumstance; "That's to say if there is a right reason to fight someone...-My Dad once told me that in peoples own eyes, there will always be a justification for the things that they do. Each side...-Each Army going to fight one another will have their own reasons why and believe that they are in the right...".

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

“Your dad’s a smart man,” Asaraa noted with a smile as she glanced up at the ceiling, reaching up with one hand to point at the vast plane of metal that stretched away above them. “Honestly, I don’t think it’ll ever end. I mean look where we are. Commenor was one of the most peaceful places I’ve visited, I know enough about galactic history to know how hard your mother tried to keep it that way, but when someone sees something they want they try to take it. They may try to buy it, they may ask you to give it to them, but in the end it all comes down to this.” The girl’s finger brushed against the cool metal skin of the chassis. “It comes down to power, and if you have it you get to do what you want. The Sith saw something they wanted, if it was Commenor itself or just the ability to have your mother submit to them. But look what it did, we’re in the middle of a fight now where that peace has gone, all that’s left is the war that’ll continue one way or the other, through one medium or the other.”

The girl’s lightsaber floated up into the air above them, the silver blade thrumming to life, casting shifting shadows over the cockpit. “I think you’re right, everyone has their own reasons to fight. The Sith might even justify destroying a city as a way to prevent the destruction of others, but people still die. That’s a tool it’s neither good nor evil, what depends is how it’s used. Intent is important I guess, but with the best of reasons those two armies can pile into one another, destroying one another and everyone else around them. Or we can use it to block someone’s attacks, but then they’ll just keep attacking.” A sad smile pulled at the girl’s lips as her lightsaber shut off, her head nodding in the direction of the bridge. “If you went up there right now how many people up there do you think are here to protect the people? And how many do you think are here to hurt the Sith? Protecting people is hard, you can only be in so many places, stop so many blasters, and the people you’re protecting aren’t always going to thank you. They’re gonna ask why you couldn’t have been a little faster, why you couldn’t have stopped one more blaster bolt, why you couldn’t have stopped them all. Attacking someone, now that’s easier, less complicated.”

Perhaps this was how wars were perpetuated down the generations, the justification that if we stop the attacker and kill them all then no-one else need die. Asaraa knew she was guilty of that as much as anyone, she wanted to save as many people as she could but that often drove her into conflict. The force seemed to pull people in there, and while she was sure people had been saved, the deaths she’d seen and participated dragged on her conscience in the depths of the night. “If everyone thinks they’re doing the right thing then how do you know what the right is? I can't imagine anyone agreeing the Sith are in the right, but I’m sure they feel that and people would agree with them. And that just leaves us with more of a mess than we started off with, but at the same time, that can’t stop us. I don’t know if there’s such a thing as a right reason to fight someone, they may all be bad reasons, but if there’s one person alive today because we fought, doesn’t that make it worth it?”

Manu Xextos spoke well, words of truth especially those regarding Veiere's wife [member="Lady Kay"] and the probable dangers she would be placed in should their Resistance strike in full force before her freedom had been ushered from the hands of the Sith Empire. Nodding, Veiere agreed with the man's concerns and too with his suggestion to see what could be found from this nameless informant of his. "Do what you can, though tell no one their name. Such things are better left unsaid, least they become compromised by lose tongues..." Veiere offered his advice, given this meeting was of their first and those around them, including Veiere himself had yet to prove anything to their peers and fellow freedom-fighters.

Many of the others had either fallen silent or quietly taken their leave, though there still remained a good number of them that gave the former King pause. These gatherings were never straight forward though he was relieved to see that this one had not come to vocal argument; still, if there was more to be said, he would like to hear of any further thoughts before bringing it all to a conclusion and allowing them to make for rest aboard the Resolute, should they require it.

"There is much yet to be done..." Veiere spoke up reluctantly in the absence of the other voices, deciding to propose a pause in their arrangements, "The Resolute will not be due to leave this sector for some twenty-four hours yet. Those of you whom wish to remain and see what comes of our efforts here aboard this vessel are welcome to stay. To all others, make use of the crewman, refresh yourselves and your ships, our services are on offer to you all" Veiere lowered his head in a respectful bow before them all, giving his thanks in gesture for their arrival and hearing of what he'd had to say, finally concluding with an open invitation.

"For now, we shall allow time for those of you to come to your own terms and decisions. None shall be blamed for choosing not to be involved in this affair, however should any of you wish to speak to me or the Admiral, you merely have but to ask".

[member="Drystan Marakos"] | [member="Narses"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Errreembuhr"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Adele Crawford"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="WD-334"] | [member="Aten Ramses"] | [member="Simona Campos"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"]

Caedyn Arenais

C
The words of [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] were certainly thought provoking and even tugged at his heart strings as Caedyn sat there upon the bench of the crew deck of his new Gunship staring across at the wall opposite him and questioning what the point of it all was. "...but if there’s one person alive today because we fought, doesn’t that make it worth it?” It was also a good question though Caedyn wondered the price for saving such a fortunate person. "I guess it depends on how many people you kill trying to save them, huh?" he countered her, though not argumentatively but rather out of frustration for their circumstance and the fact that at their age, these were even things that they had to be dealing with. The ethical boundaries of living their lives as Force Users and Members of certain social circles such as the Silver Jedi Order and Caedyn's personal place within the Royal Family of Commenor, the House Arenais.

"I used to believe that my Dad was part of the Jedi, doing these amazing things to keep people safe and fighting away the bad guys, the sorta stuff that young kids get told to believe..." Caedyn smiled a little out of embarrassment as he spoke upon his memories, now with some insight that he didn't hold back then in those days; "The Galaxy always painted the Jedi out to be this perfect picture, the hero's of war that stood in front of the innocent to keep them from getting hurt...". It had always been a pleasant dream, a way to justify not being angry at his father for putting himself in danger time in and time out throughout his and his sisters lives; "None of which is obviously true of course. I'm starting to see that it's not about what's right or wrong, but maybe just about how you live with yourself after seeing the things we saw on Commenor. After doing the things that people have to do in those situations...".

[member="Veiere Arenais"] was a born leader. At least that was how Lori saw it. She kept by his side as he made his speech, although she kept silent herself. There wasn't anything for her to add anyways. Not that people would listen. She was far too young to be taken seriously. Right now she didn't mind that so much.

She gave her Dad a sideways hug. "I'm going to catch up to Kaine and then get something to eat.
I'm STARVING."
Lori was sure that she wasn't needed right now. It wasn't as though she played some vital part in all of this. Her best option was not to get caught by their enemies. And that was relatively easy in her mind.

Lori then took her leave in a bid to catch up with [member="Kaine Australis"] . There was a few things that she wanted to ask him.

The girl shook her head, her teeth biting into the soft flesh of her lower lip as her blue eyes sought out Caedyn’s. “I think maybe you’re swinging too far the other way maybe,” she allowed softly. “You’re right, the Jedi certainly aren’t the pure paragons of light. If you’d seen some of the things that I had, then there is no way you can keep that pure image of the Jedi. But…I think that they try their best. They, we, no-one here may be perfect, but at least we’re trying to do what’s right. You’re not wrong, a lot of life seems to be all about living with the consequences of your actions. But don’t you think maybe we should be trying for something more?”

The girl scrubbed at her face, pulling her fingers through her hair as she glanced over at him. “Seems that in the end the real world out here isn’t really as…easy as we thought it would be when we were growing up huh? What I wouldn’t give for a world of easy to spot knights and villains, a world where the good guys don’t have to worry about who they hurt trying to do the right thing. It makes it hard to see what the right thing is to do. I mean, you’re right it’s about how many people you end up hurting and how you live with that. But, how can you get what needs to be done if you’re not willing to put your all into it?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom