Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comics headed to Marvel

So its been confirmed today Dark Horse will loose the rights to publish SW comics and Marvel will take over in 2015. As someone who is a huge Dark Horse fan without any Marvel books on a pull list its a little bit upsetting. Most likely because I am biased due to my Marvel hatred(except Stan Lee, 'cause no one can hate that guy) but I think with Disney buying SW this was bound to happen.

I don't predict a smooth start though. Apparently everything is being rehashed, the books in production now will not continue over. What will happen to reprints? Even a friend of mine who is a Disney/Marvel fan made a comment about buying DH stuff now, as Disney rarely reprints their books.

Man that does really suck. I'm not that much of a Marvel fan, in terms of comics at least, but true I guess it was inevitable they would take the SW comics since Disney owns SW. Shame Dark Horse may be bought up too. They tend to make decent comics. And if that's true about Disney not reprinting books then it looks like we may have to kiss any SW comics goodbye. Real shame cause I liked a few of them.

Aela Kellov said:
Man that does really suck. I'm not that much of a Marvel fan, in terms of comics at least, but true I guess it was inevitable they would take the SW comics since Disney owns SW. Shame Dark Horse may be bought up too. They tend to make decent comics. And if that's true about Disney not reprinting books then it looks like we may have to kiss any SW comics goodbye. Real shame cause I liked a few of them.
I agree. Not to mention if Marvel doesnt pull over the awesome team of Jan Duursema and John Ostrander to continue their work on the Dawn of the Jedi line that has been hugely popular. Those two are like the Timothy Zahn of SW comic books to me.

People are debating about Dark Horse but they just relaunched that Halo series and the first issue of the Firefly series comes out this month, in addition to Alien making a comeback. I don't see them going under or being bought just yet but its certainly going to be difficult for the company.

Before any conclusions are jumped to, don't forget Dark Horse got the licensing rights to reprint all the old Marvel Star Wars comics from '77-'86, so things may not be as grim as you imagine.

EDIT: I have no idea where the attached picture came from, but it's got nothing to do with me.

Dorpo

D
Being a Nerd, I have read a few Marvel comics. I don't think there Superhero theme suits Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom