Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Come and Take It

Vaux leaned on the stick of the Tal'galaar as the fighter and the cargo frigate it was protecting would exit hyperspace above Kashyyyk. Jedi central.... Honestly Vaux almost prefered dealing with the Wookies. Wasn't that the Jedi were bad folks or anything, it was just that the Mandalorian pilot never seemed to mesh to well with them. Yeah there was Travot Ravenna, and depending on who you counted as a Jedi her own brother, but most of the time (Basically outside a battlefield) she didn't feel as comfortable around them. Right now though, she'd just get this shipment of parts delivered and hopefully be able to do it smoothly.

Soon enough, Vaux was landing, and climbed out of her cockpit. Her weapons were clipped to her belt as usually. Trayc'kal, disruptor pistol, an electro-whip, and a lightsaber that she never really took the time to use. It wasn't that she didn't think it was good weapon, she was just more comfortable with all her other options. As she stretched she walked over to the side of the landing pad to wait for the cargo to be off loaded. Maybe someone here would want to have a talk or something.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla scribbled her signature on the paper, accepting the delivery of the "Fat Cat" transport ship, admittedly a little confused, but also not necessarily opting to argue with a gift. Of course, she would have it rechecked by the Shadows, or perhaps the Antaran Rangers. Just in case, she had only heard of Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch in passing and was honestly curious how he knew of her. Undoubtedly Hayde Torve had something to do with it. All the same, she had been gifted her second ship, and it felt good. After signing off for it, she was handed a control key, she imagined it was how she would register herself as the owner of the ship.

Aayla for now however stood with her arms folded, wearing her Prototype armor, simply absent the hood and mask. Her white hair tied into two long pony-tails that hung at her back. Her own sabers were clipped on magnetic clips on either side of her body. but other than that she was unarmed. As she observed the ship, she felt the slightest tug of... Darkness to her left, and glanced in the direction to see nothing out of the ordinary. It was like a wisp, but she had been trained in how to detect these things. She wasn't insane... There was some Sith natured... Something, in the area. Whether it be an artifact or a weapon she couldn't say, but she knew for a fact she hadn't sensed it before.

Aayla briefly forgot about the ship, taking a few steps across the durasteel grating at the spaceport and looking at the small crowd of people. Where was it...

Ultimately, her eyes fell on Vaux Gred Vaux Gred , narrowing slightly when she noted it right there in plain sight. The combined Force signature and the position of her head sort of making it all too obvious for her. She canted her head curiously and moved to walk around, getting on the same walkway with the woman and putting her hands behind her back as she walked up. There were snarky ways to do things, and there were good ways. She was going to try the latter.

"That, is a beautiful ship..."

She looked at the pilot then, more importantly the patches over her breast.

"Squad Leader Gred... That na-.. Are you related to Mig?"

She asked curiously, wanting to make sure she didn't overstep her bounds, but also not about to just let the woman walk around with a weapon that made her a target. Better to at least warn her.

2FS8YbB.png

Vaux looked over as she noticed someone walking up. Fancy armor. Lightsaber. The Mandalorian was pretty sure she was some Jedi fighter of some kind, but she wasn't sure what. She looked over when the Jedi compliment the Tal'galaar. She smiled under her helmet, unlatching the backup oxygen tube before pulling her helmet off. Wasn't sure if it would the Jedi more or less jumpy, but hey, they'd see her face.

"Thanks. Custom GF-2B TwinTail, with a custom scheme." The she was asked if she was related to Mig. Vaux sighed ever so lightly and nodded.

"Not always the best way to tell, but yeah. He my tat... sorry, brother. Not how I got a command though if that's what you were thinking." While some annoyance could be heard, it seemed to be mostly a joke for her at this point, and it was. By now she'd proven she earned her place as a squad leader, but it was an old joke from her early days in the cockpit, so it hung around. Vaux then extended a hand, partially trying be nice and not get a Jedi mad at her. "I'm Vaux Gred. I'm guessing you've got a name too, jetii?" The fighter's astromech would finally start to lower as well, seeming to be checking some last things before disembarking.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

"Thanks. Custom GF-2B TwinTail, with a custom scheme."

Her Silver eyes would blink at the statement in honest surprise, although she was being underhanded, not telling the other the honest reason for her being there. Though at this distance, there was no mistaking it. That saber belonged to a Sith, and she highly doubted this woman fit that bill. Especially not if she was Mig's sister. His reputation spoke for itself.

"Not always the best way to tell, but yeah. He my tat... sorry, brother. Not how I got a command though if that's what you were thinking."

She was still looking at the ship, and would smile over to the woman as she said that, offering a light smirk.

"I wouldn't dare think it..."

Aayla responded, hands running along the ship briefly. This thing looked like it could turn on a dime. Probably not as quickly as her own Interceptor, but the differences between ship class made up for that. She had no doubt this woman could fly circles around her if it came to it. Their pilots were some of the best in the galaxy.

"I'm Vaux Gred. I'm guessing you've got a name too, jetii?"

"Aayla Shan, I work in Intelligence. Previously Jedi Knight. I switched fields."

She offered, eyes sinking to the saber again, but nodding to it this time.

"Strange weapon for a pilot..."

Aayla said, eyes moving from the weapon to lock on Vaux's eyes.

2FS8YbB.png

Vaux looked at the Jedi as she ran her hand over the Tal'galaar. Looked like she knew a good ship when she saw one. Then she said her name, not one Vaux recognized. Aayla Shan. She then said she had switched from being a Jedi Knight in intelligence? That was definitely an interesting switch, and it made Vaux wonder if this talk was entirely just to meet someone. Then Vaux saw it.

Aayla's eyes moving to the saber she kept on her belt, and the note that it was a strange weapon for a pilot. Vaux crossed her arms seeming to have a hint of suspicion in her eyes. She slowly unclipped the saber from her belt to show the somewhat ornate lightsaber better.

"First time I worked with the Silvers was rescuing some poor Padawan who got in over her head from some.... culty dar'jetii.... Sith. Managed to get one with a flechette canaster, and took this. Never been much for close range fighting, and even then I'm better wing my whip or Trayc'kal, but figured if I ever meet a Sith again it might be useful. Mostly though, it's a trophy."

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

She listened to the other carefully, eyes still fixated on their own. Even when those arms crossed, and her eyes showed suspicion Aayla maintained her cool gaze on the other. Then she began to unclip the weapon, and Aayla would look at what she was doing curiously. Hardly expecting the woman to actually try anything with it. Beyond that, more than confident in her ability to simply... Take it, if she wished. Though it wasn't that simple to her. Just taking it would only raise more questions that needed, and leave the woman with the impression that the Jedi were one-sided. They weren't. Though, the Shadows had their moments.

"Well done, the Sith are particularly rabid dogs. I like to think every one put down is a life saved from their diabolic machinations."

Aayla said, not even making the slightest motion to reach for the weapon or take it from the other. Though, she wasn't done speaking.

"Still, I should remind you that the Force is not to be trifled with by those untrained. The weapon you hold is much like this one."

Aayla said, raising her hand out to the other, and drawing her own newer saber to her hand. Activating the blade and inhaling a little as the Force seemed to pool around her form. The brilliant yellow blade held in hand, she flourished the blade skillfully, letting it slide through her hands as easily as one might move a finger, almost like an extension of herself.

Ultimately, she held it up and in front of her, the collapsed the blade with her eyes still locked on the other.

"They carry the trace intents of their true owners. Which is why I already knew you had taken it from a Sith from over there..."

She nodded to the Fat-Cat, allowing the other to note the distance she had sensed the weapon from.

"Now, its far removed from me to demand you relinquish it; I would only suggest you treat it like a trophy. Put it in a box... Put it on your mantle. Preferably though? You should destroy it... Sith artifacts, and the like have been known to corrupt in the past. I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that."

Aayla said, about to offer to destroy it for her, but would first see how she reacted to what Aayla had said so far.

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

2FS8YbB.png

Vaux nodded at the idea that taking out Sith was important, especially with what so many did. She then watched as Aayla would demonstrate her own skill with a lightsaber. Vaux had to admit, it was always a sight to watch those who used them regularly give a show. Then an explanation, discussing the dangers of a Sith weapon. That Sith artifacts had been known to corrupt in the past. Vaux looked, starting to lower the weapon to begin to reclip it.

"Look, Mig may be my brother, but I don't share his talents. I can't sense anything around here like you, and I've kept this blade just in case for years. I'm not sure how much sway a Sith lightsaber can have on someone with a connection to the Force." It was pretty clear Vaux was skeptical, and waiting for an answer. She did look down though, taking a breath.

"If it was ever an... issue. Anything that could be done about it?" Vaux had to remember they were just trying to help. This wasn't the days of the UCM. So she figured she'd at least appease a little by asking about some idea.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla did not expect that answer and looked away in thought. She felt that. Being Mig's brother was one thing, but she was her own person. Years she said. Aayla thought about that as well. A few beats would pass, Aayla even turning fully away from the woman, looking into the direction of the Shadowlands. She thought on her question, and wondered on it deeply, eventually her eyes perked up, glancing first, then turning back to Vaux.

"It is... Possible to cleanse these weapons. Though those arts are beyond me, you would need a Master Jedi certainly. If you wish, I can ask around. I would feel safer it the weapon was cleansed of its dark taint. And trust me most Jedi would appreciate the notion."

Aayla offered, smiling in response. This woman wasn't an enemy, and she didn't want her to feel that way. She just wanted to help.

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

2FS8YbB.png

Vaux nodded a little, reclipping the weapon to her belt. A Master, hm? That was good to know if anything happened. She seemed to ease up a bit when it was clear Aayla wasn't going to try anything, which Vaux had wondered about when she mentioned the Sith saber. Still though, it was good to know what to do if it somehow ever did go out of control. She then looked at Aayla again, smiling a bit.

"I'll take you up on that offer, and keep a closer eye in this. Maybe learn to use it a bit better." She then realized something. "Oh, and fair warning to your intel friends if they ever show up at the Artemis. One of the CST engineers has a cybernetic with a hint of Force weirdness done to it. Not exactly sure what, but apparently it helps with something." She'd then look at the cargo frigate as it continued to offload, then sighed a bit.

"And if you're ever around Taanab, don't be scared to check around the Gred settlement there." She chuckled a little. They probably wouldn't be scared. Then again who knew.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom