Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Colony of the Vladimir Zemlya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Politiker

Ambassador of Corporate Security Alliance
Name: Colony of Vladimir Zemlya (Vla-ad-e-mirror Ze-m-lee-a)

Region: Expansion/Nearing the edge of what it could be classified as its galaxy.
System: Wild space
Suns: Red dwarf; a single sun.
Orbital Position: Third planet from the star.
Moons: A single man-made moon, collecting space dust over centuries- unless observed at the core, it appears exactly like a natural moon. The central core of this Moon being metal, merely used for a reflection of the Star's light. Over time it gathered dust- to put it simply, the core it unnatural matter, but the glaze is. The moon has a one thousand three hundred diameter, ((For those who do not know, just a bit more than half of the Earth's)). Despite being man-built, there are no entry points nor defenses; merely a sphere of reflective metal in the sky.
Coordinates: ((16, T))
Rotational Period: Approximately twenty hours.
Orbital Period: Fifty days, along with nights.

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 7,321 miles (12,104 km)
Atmosphere: Type one
Climate: The northern and southern poles are Frozen, but the Northern section of the planet is the most populous. Small towns, along with cities, are scattered in the far south and north. The equator reaching mid-eighties (F) in crop growing season which takes up about one hundred days of the two hundred and thirty.
Gravity: Lesser of what we describe earth and greater than the moon. The gradational force of Mars, if you will.
Primary Terrain: Tundras (Poles/Further away from the equator) and temperate forests (equator)

Native species: A bear-like creature, large and powerful. Abundant, as they outnumber humans twenty to one. They originate from the core and rarely travel far away from it. An adaption of this animal- is a white coat, giant- elephant sized-, bear. Small squirre- like creatures, feeding off of bugs and insects of the planet. Various other fish entities remain in the few lakes.
Immigrated species: Domesticated golden retriever(Called a Goldie)/ German Shepard (Called a Ger)
World known languages: Basic and Rutin are the greatest majority; Basic being known for interstellar trade.(Ra-tin)
Government: Parliamentary Republic.
Population: Two hundred and fifty million.
Demonym: The politically correct term would be 'Zemlies.' (ze-m-lee)
Major cities: Mas and Stal.
Major imports: Equipment for machinery, fruit- occasionally a rarity when it's not in season-, and certain meats.
Major exports: Vodka- along with any general alcohol-, fur, and weaponry.
Affiliation: Corporate Security Alliance

Culture: Vodka, wrestling bears, and being badass! What else can a Russian do?...They're a cultured people. Fishing and hunting becoming a way of life, as there was only a small group of farmers who sold food, as most fed themselves. Poker always influenced the world, gambling becoming a pass time as people grew older.
Technology: This single planet is about as advanced as any other nation. Possibly a bit behind in the Luxury items, keeping modern with space travel and most battle technology.
History: A long, long, time ago. In a galaxy far, far, away...-Skips the rest of the intro.- The UNA- the united nation association- took millions of their own country men. Each sending them to separate worlds, in hope to prosper and maybe save the slowly melting down world. Thousands of years later, the UNA stopped the contact between every colony they sent out. Nearly a fifty thousand years later, they were all dead. All but one, the Ger and Rus(h) joint colony. The Rus(h) population outnumbered the Ger's were quite a bit, twelve to one, and of course it caused trouble within the first few centuries but they moved on from the petty, former nationalism. They were all they had, all they could rely on- until they encountered aliens and their space exhibitions began once more. Sending out soldiers for both democratic and violent means every year. As their lack of records served them, their history faded away. They slowly forgot the past and focused on the future, the future of this planet.
Notable PC's: None other than myself, currently.

Intent: The goal? Simple, to be known as the strongest planet in their system- Their galaxy- as they once thought themselves to be. Whether it requires a few stolen ships to advance their own technology; they will get it.

OK, since no one has posted here I will make a preliminary statement.

First of all good work on the idea of the presentation. As I alluded to in my PM, Star Wars is a separate universe to Earth. Thus, any and all links or direct contact between the two is impossible outside of non-canon threads.

Thus, please remove all references to Earth based history, culture, countries etc.

However, this is very easy to convert. There's no reason why an icy world a bit milder than Hoth couldn't develop a civilisation with very SIMILAR cultural traits. You could even keep many Russian names (forgoing the obvious Christian referenced ones) as part of your civilisation.

Please make these changes and I see no reason why it can't be accepted.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I apologize for taking so long to respond to this.

I thoroughly respect your world-building, and (apart from the 'English' and 'Russian', which will have to go as per Tegaea; in Star Wars, 'English' is 'Basic'), that's the area on which I intend to focus.

• Martian gravity is roughly 1/3 of Earth, or a little higher. It's widely believed that a large and powerful bear-like species which is native to such a world would be extremely weak. The same is true for bears the size of elephants. While lower gravity could allow such animals to grow larger, they would do so with lower density of bone and muscle, and would be comparable in strength to a considerable smaller creature native to another world. (I'm also unsure how this meshes with the moon being man-made, if the moon has a native species.)
  • A red dwarf star is extremely small, and its habitable zone is extremely small and close to the star. A planet orbiting a red dwarf could conceivably support life if it had an orbit as small as Mercury, but that would be the upper limit. Such a planet would have a year of around 60 standard days and would have a very high chance of being tidally locked or simple having 40-standard-day days and nights.
  • You mention that the moon is man-made, but it has accumulated centuries of space dust. What effects, textures, depths, densities and such do you attribute to the space dust, and why is space dust so prevalent there?
  • What do you mean by 'view from the core'? Could you describe this view?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Wonderful work. My final requirement is one that Phylis originally required: Once you remove references to 'English' and 'Russian,' this submission will be nearly ready for approval.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
My last real question involves the artificial moon. My assumption here is that it was created by pulling together a bunch of rocks and planetoids from the red dwarf's orbit, in order to make a habitable sphere. Is this what you were going for? If so, please clarify these details in the original post. Thanks. :D

Leon Politiker

Ambassador of Corporate Security Alliance
By man-made I mean an artificial moon sent into the planet's orbit; as there was no moon beforehand. Making the planet much easier to colonize.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I think we'll need some more detail on the moon. How big is it? I get that it might make colonization easier (escape velocities and gravity wells and such), but artificial, mobile moons are, well...Death Stars. Very expensive, very tough to build.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I'm still not sure why you need an artificial moon, but Phylis and I have talked it over and we agree that it's not hurting anything. Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom