Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Collecting Stars

The Mother of All Psy-Pires
"Well obviously it was in jest..." Nine chuckled at Elise Ike Elise Ike as she asked if Nine had been joking. "At the very least, we don't have to through twenty minutes of exposition with the good Professor."

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok questioned how she knew of him and she smiled.

"Your Alliance War Crimes Report went viral. Very concerning stuff for someone like me, who is actively aiding a government run by a Darth by functioning as a weapons and technology expert in The Knights Obsidian."

When Sawa Ike Sawa Ike slinked up to her, it brought Nine back to the old days, when Sawa had been the cute prefect and she had been just a cute badass infiltrating an academy. Her Kelly Hu Expy-looks would never cease to rev Nine's engines, but it was Sawa's fiery, deadly passion that was the real draw. It had always been hidden in the Prefect but she had caught snippets of it even back then.

K1 whopped and spun in delight.

"Always good to see you, you murderous Automaton!" Nine chuckled. That droid had served as the partial inspiration for her Vera.

She quickly got to a seat next to Sawa.

"Castle got repaired after all that nastiness at Castagne. But we still lost good people. Most of my Morpheus Knights are dead and we are still training their replacements. All my side work was in the red for a while. On the other hand, Maple is now my Squire in The Knights Obsidian. Her...uh...

Nine leaned to Sawa and whispered in her ear.

"Her schizophrenia has gotten worse. I've been trying to figure out how to stop it but her version is said to be extremely pernicious. I've consulted with other doctors. They're shocked she hasn't completely cracked already. Best I can do for now is a stopgap measure but either way, it'll fail eventually. I'll need to consult with you later on it." She said in a hiss. Then she turned back, smelled all the food and drink she couldn't consume.

"Ah that's wonderful, those smells. So...you say you've figured a way around my diet issues, Sawa?" Nine asked, trying to relax and forget her arguments with her family.

Elise wondered how Ni Ne knew about Nimdock, from his own reaction it seemed as if the two were meeting for the first time. Then again with how their people had a claw in almost every part of the galaxy it probably wasn't to much of a stretch to seem Nimdok catch the eye of her. That unquie nature was part of the reason the two had bonded, she was always quite curious about the man beyond their shared employment.

Her internal questions being answered by the revelations about Nimdoks report. "Oh, is that so, perhaps I should read it sometime, always interesting to see self appointed benevolent nations with dirty hands". Some light reading for later tonight once they retire to bed, seemed this trip would be a tad more enjoyable then she had anticipated. The coming comment about the K1 droid rising a small chuckle from her. Only a family of vampires would keep murder bots around as personal assistants in their fortress castle.

"Well I suppose we should start the feast, I suspect Miri isn't the only one hungry and would be a shame to let any of this go to waste". She stated with a pleasant smile to the rest at the table.

Nine Lives Nine Lives Sawa Ike Sawa Ike Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

“Ah yes, the article,” Nimdok murmured. He had mixed feelings about the fallout from his publication. On one hand, he felt it only served to exacerbate tensions between the Galactic Alliance and other factions, sullying their reputation. On the other hand, given the nature of their war crimes, perhaps they deserved to have their name dragged through the mud. And the professor would be lying if he claimed he didn’t get a certain thrill from the explosive public reaction. All his research and hard work had paid off in a tangible way.

Nine’s comment about aiding a government run by a Sith made him blink. He quickly ran through a list of possible factions, quickly deducing that she meant the CIS even before she mentioned the Knights Obsidian. They were a highly insular faction, and yet his article had even reached them? Glorious. Er, not glorious, merely… intriguing.

The cherry on top was Elise’s interest, which made him feel funny in the best way possible. “I’ll read it to you tonight, if you like,” he said in a rather low voice.

Miri, her mouth full of food, made a face.

“Er, I’ve been told I have an excellent speaking voice,” he added, clearing his throat awkwardly. It would be a little odd to eroticize an essay about war crimes, after all. His face darkening slightly in a faint blush of embarrassment, he didn’t say anything more, focusing on serving himself food and tasting the various dishes. All of it was delicious, as to be expected from a royal house’s chef.

“Don’t get all lovey-dovey while I’m eating,” Miri said as soon as she could speak again. “You’re gonna make me hurl.”

Nimdok rolled his eyes. “I can’t wait for you to turn nine, maybe then you won’t complain as much.”

“Hey! Just for that I’ll never turn nine. I’ll be eight forever.”

“Do you really want to be eight years old forever?”

Miri paused, considering what this would mean. “... I get to be a kid forever? Sounds pretty good!”

“But then you’ll be in school forever.”

She made yet another face. “Oh. Never mind.”

Snorting, Nimdok shook his head. He was half-listening to Nine’s conversation with Sawa. He had heard of Maple during his interview with Laertia (which had already taken place at this point) and knew she had also been a student of Ursula Sandraven, now known as the Amalgam. Once her name was dropped, however, Nine reduced her voice to a whisper. Nimdok could have eavesdropped, but he chose not to.

Sawa Ike

The Dark Matriarch Darth Shōjō
Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Elise Ike Elise Ike Nine Lives Nine Lives

She listened to Nine as well as the others al,lowing the conversations around them to filter in and out but she dind't worry about it. her eyes looking at Ni-Ne more then anything as she spoke. "I have had time to think about a lot of things nd ensuring you are taken care of in every way is an important one." She raised a hand though while sitting there and touched a finger to her face... allowing thoughts to race across her mind and sensations.. the feelings.. the tastes... the nature of it all and she connected to transfer it... to share it as she thought about each part of the taste from the food and gave it.

SHe stayed there for a moment as her perceptions seemed to freeze the world around.. the sounds of the child wanting food... even Elise and Nimdok meant little to her where she was concerned and she could feel Maple there.. she allowed herself to think of a dozen ways to try and help her and there would be a means to it. Maybe not the one she thought it would be but there would be something if she could agree to it... Ni-Ne though was her main focus right now and she brought everything in her gaze to bare on her as she gave the sensation of tasting and eating the food. SHe let her silvery gaze become the focus and sent it through the force but also her hand in the energies.

"Be in me." Allowing the force to send it all along between the two of them. Her breathing stilled and the scents around them bringing her attention around to the food with each thought and memory something she could share and give to Ni-Ne. Until she was finished half a heartbeat later while looking at her and stopping for just a moment. "It won't be as beneficial but... there are always ways to handle and make good of a situation." She then listened to the little girl and smiled to herself but turned around and spoke turning her head just enough to show a small grin. "And what my dear if you could be a child forever... do you know the value of what you have right now?"

A small flush of red went to her face at the suggestion from nimdok, knowing full well what he was insinuating with that tone of voice. Elise giving I’m a playful push on the shoulder, chuckling a bit from the reaction Miri gave. “Trust me being a kid for a long time can get rather bothersome, more so when you so small and short”. Of course vampires matured at a similar rate to humans, reaching adult age at 20, but Miri didn’t know that.

It seemed their small joking conversation had caught the attention of grandmother, the words from her mouth sounding like a very legitimate offer. It wasn’t impossible for such to happen, ”while that does sound interesting I believe we are not in much need of that grandmother, I’m sure in time Miri will appreciate growing up and being able to reach the cookie jar”.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Sawa Ike Sawa Ike

The smile faded from Miri’s face as Sawa addressed her. She clutched a fork in her hand, her wrist resting on the table, but she had stopped eating, too shy and uncertain to answer the question.

Nimdok likewise frowned. He didn’t know what to make of Sawa’s behavior towards Miri thus far. She seemed to be handling her presence awkwardly. Granted, no one had told her up until their arrival that they would be bringing Miri along, so it may have disrupted some plans of hers. Or perhaps the Great Lady disliked children? After all, there were plenty of people who either didn’t know how to act when kids were around, or sought to avoid them at all costs, finding them repulsive and annoying. It may have been that she felt some obligation to interact with Miri, as she was technically also a new member of the family...

Elise was quick to come to the rescue, and he hoped that she had managed to diffuse the situation. Nimdok himself turned to Miri, speaking in a more serious but no less gentle tone. “You’re young enough that there’s a lot you don’t know.

“I’m smart,” the girl protested softly.

I mean in terms of experience, gelfling. It’s like… hm, what’s your current favorite dessert?”

“Buttermilk pie,” she replied, brightening. “With lots of whipped cream.”

“Do you remember before you had ever tried buttermilk pie? You didn’t know what it tasted like, so you never thought to yourself, ‘man, I really wish I had some pie right now’. It’s the same thing with growing up. You don’t know what you’re missing until you’ve had a chance to experience it.” It was an oversimplified metaphor, to be sure, but it was the best Nimdok could come up with on short notice.

“Yeah yeah, okay,” Miri muttered. She had gotten quiet, but at least she had resumed eating rather than just sitting there.

Nimdok found his attention drawn away from the feast. He watched the interactions between Sawa and Nine Lives. Once there was a break in their conversation, he spoke.

I’ve heard it’s considered impolite to ask a woman her age, but in your case, ladies, I can’t help but have an academic interest. How old are the two of you? How long have you walked these halls? What memories of times gone by lie in those lovely heads of yours?

Nine Lives's brain hummed in glee as she felt sensation Sawa Ike Sawa Ike sent her through the Force at eating.

For Nine, it was like some need she didn't know she had until the genuine sensation of eating again hit her. Her brain, having gone so long without it, could not get enough of it and Nine became lost in the sensation, and Sawa's presence. She didn't here much of the next exchange between Sawa, Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , and Elise Ike Elise Ike , so lost in enjoying Sawa's shared sensation.

In the early days, not being able to consume genuine food was pure psychological torture to Nine, who had to eat memory and thought for survival. She had learned to live it, but she knew she would kill to drink a genuine beer again.

Nimdok asked a question about how old she was.

"Technically, due to being trapped in a Stasis casket, I'm only a few hundred years old. I'm actually thousands. Same with Sawa. I used to be a Jedi Consular. I...I left." Nine answered, leaving it at that.

"As for memories? I remember the fall of a dynasty... about how all of Atrisia was not yet filled physics defying tech and it was just ancient curses, demons, and loot. Sweet loot."

Nine mentally blew Sawa a kiss for sharing the sensation. She had needed that...

Sawa Ike

Nine Lives Nine Lives Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Elise Ike Elise Ike

She listened to the young man and he was young in this case now once Ni-Ne spoke. She remained there with a nod of her head to confirm that they were older then most and still she knew there was a lot of history here from long before she was even born. "Compared to use though this fortress is.... much older and stranger going back to the Onyx empress of atrisia." There was much more history here but she sat there for a moment. "But talks like that can be lengthy and are better served in private."

She said it and there was an edge to her voice saying that it wasn't open for discussion. Then her eyes flicked forward towards the doors and she wated for a moment as they opened with two coming in followed by a third and her retinue of guards... the dark jade colored armored yovshin around the woman. "Ah Rava.... Akano... you return with my reclusive daughter. Tell me Aoi.... isn't it nice to get out of that fortress of yours at least to see your daughter." The woman stepped forward with one eye showing as it was silver with a scar down her face. Hair covering the other while dark furs wrapped around her shoulders into a cloak.

The two with her though bowed and went to their own area of a table as Aoi stood there with her hair bound in a tight braid behind her but there was still bangs over her eye. She wore an expression of annoyance more then anything but turned to observe Elise and then Nimdok nodding for the moment but she still didn't say anything going around the table to a seat.

Nimdok listened to Nine with rapt attention, sucked in by the bittersweet, almost nostalgic tones of her voice. A Jedi Consular thousands of years ago… the idea of it got the historian’s blood pumping, but he was smart enough to realize he needed to tread carefully. “I imagine you went on many adventures,” he said. It was the vaguest of prompts, inviting Nine to regale them with a tale from her youth, while also giving her plenty of opportunity to evade answering and change the subject.

Sawa made it quite clear she didn’t want to discuss the past, at least not here. She did mention the fortress and the Onyx Empress, a monumental figure in Atrisia’s ancient history. “I am marginally familiar with the Onyx Empress,” he remarked, quickly adding. “As a subject of scholarship, that is. I’m only a hundred and ninety years old myself—a spring chicken compared to you.

Chicken,” Miri giggled to herself.

Moments later, the doors opened. Two women entered, one dark-skinned, the other brown. Nimdok guessed by their style of clothing and the way in which Sawa addressed them that they were high-ranking servants or agents in her service. The pair were followed by a retinue of guards who marched in, surrounding a third woman in a barrier of armored bodies.

The third woman was tall and well-built, with a long dark braid of hair streaked with gray. She covered up one eye with her bangs in a way that hinted at a deformity she was trying to hide. Swathed in furs and finery, her clothing included padding that served as protection. Nimdok looked at her face and knew, based on the strong resemblance between her and Elise, that this had to be Aoi Ike. Sawa only confirmed her identity.

A pleasure to meet you, Lady Aoi,” Nimdok said, bowing his head. Aoi nodded to him, but didn’t say anything as she made her way to her seat.

Sawa mocked her for her reclusivity. Perhaps Aoi was paranoid, locking herself away in her fortress. Perhaps she had good reason to be paranoid, given her family and the company they kept. Still, such a cold, irritable reception was harsh. Nimdok turned to Elise, lightly laying his hand over hers.

Well, is the whole family here, or are there more coming?” he asked, his tone slightly joking. The Ike family tree was famously huge, going back dozens of generations and branching off in many directions.

Sawa Ike

Nine Lives Nine Lives Elise Ike Elise Ike Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Sawa sat there and she looked at all the ones who were assembled in some the hall.. It was large and packed sure but she had no others who should be showing up. Aoi seemed to mostly be looking but not talking as Sawa wanted to poke more at her but not the time... a tight lipped grin was on her face though while she leaned back in her seat listening to the one Elise brought asking questions. "No there shouldn't be anymore people showing up." She allowed more conversations and time to pass there was plenty to celebrate though as she grinned to herself. "But that is half the fun... we don't need more to come."

Her eyes turned to look upon the ones who were there and after the feasting there would have to be something special... hmmm her mind raced for a moment as some of the entertainment she understood wasn't going to be appreciated for now.... but she could do a lot more as the feast continued with more songs.. some re-enacting scenes of plays or other stories from Atrisian and galactic history with a bent in some ways that made it comical or to look more interesting. Overly dramatic and they used their own props and lights getting cheers from the others. Sawa clapped cheering when they got to recreating the speech that saw Atrisia's people expelling mythos and his offworlders from the planet.

Even though she was alive at the time her interactions with Nine had bee, quite limited, probably due to her own venture of running off to join the jedi. Seems that ran in the family somewhat now that she looked into it more. Herself remaining silent as the notion of the past came up, best keep that buried for the time being, quite a many things happened back then that she'd like to remain forgotten.

Attention changing Nine to Aoi as she and another entred. Elise returning a small nod to her as she had done to herself and Nimdok, certainly more people had arrived then expected, but in the long run it just meat lest running about, meeting their very extended family, somthing that would probably get more tedious as time went one. Still best not think about that now, her attention returning to the current festivities before them, getting into the retellings of her culture that she had missed during the last 800 years.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Sawa Ike Sawa Ike Nine Lives Nine Lives

"Oh...you could say I got into some...tussels and such, Nine admitted, greedily taken in more of the perception Sawa Ike Sawa Ike had of consuming food. Nine could taste the spices.

"I went on a fair amount of adventures, yes." Nine admitted, gobbling up a memory of pizza from the mind of Sawa Ike Sawa Ike , delighting in the closeness of sharing a meal with her. But this Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok character.

Nine would have to be wary. People like Nimdok dug deeper than was wise. Plus she sensed power about him. He wasn't some harmless archeologist.

In this, Nine understood one of Laertia's biggest continuing weaknesses: a blind spot for who she perceived as harmless, or a potential ally. A soft spot for those who had something she didn't.

In Errik Nimdok's case, what he had was normalcy He could move among the Civilian populace casually: Laertia could barely function among civilians.

It was a natural outgrowth of an entire life, an entire childhood being on the margins of society, of being on the outside, looking in. Nine suspected it was partial envy at what Nimdok had, what he was able to do with a society that she could not that had caused her to make such a tactical error as to contact him. Nine would never have been so incautious. Nine preferred working in the shadows. Preferred recruiting...well... people like Laertia, offering them the myriad advantages of a life as a rat between the walls of society. Cutting their own devil's bargains or living as a public face of the house of Li-Ves, whichever was best. Laertia had been all but born as one of those who preferred in-between the walls.

Sawa thankfully changed the subject. Nine's glowing eyes locked onto one re-enacted scene, that of herself, and her fight to destroy the Sacred Ancestor, an ancient Battlecruiser that had once threatened all of Atrisia with destruction.

No one remembered it was her. She certainly wasn't mentioned by name in the re-enactment. Only fragments of the truth had survived into the modern era. They still had her wearing blood red robes, still had a prefect from the destroyed academy as the love interest, but no names were given. In this era, the ancient Jedi apprentice that had destroyed the ancestor with the help of Sawa was barely more than a myth, and some of the actual order of events had been switched around.

Nine didn't mind. Some secrets were best left hidden, like her connection to Laertia...

Elise Ike Elise Ike

The introductions having concluded, Nimdok relaxed into the rhythm of the meal, enjoying the festivities. Performers soon entered the room, entertaining the guests with reenactments of historical events.

He recognized a blond figure clothed in inky black silk as Mythos, an infamous Sith Lord who had attacked some years ago, killing billions of Atrisians in the process. The planet was still recovering from his destructive excess and mourning their many, many fallen. But the fact that they were able to recover at all gave Nimdok hope for his own homeworld currently suffering under the occupation of the Maw.

Miri watched the brightly-colored players with wide eyes, taking it all in. To her it was all just a story, a grand and epic tale of adventure, romance, and the conflict between good and evil.

Another play depicted more ancient events. The destruction of a ship that had once threatened Atrisia by a red-clad woman. Nimdok noticed how Nine’s eerie gaze honed in on the scene with rapt attention. Perhaps she had known the people in the play, or lived to witness the battle?

The protagonist of this story seemed more a myth than a woman. Bestowed with superhuman powers, she vanquished hordes of foes without breaking a sweat. No hair ever fell out of place as she executed the carefully choreographed fighting-dance, her silvery prop katana gleaming as fake blood trickled from the blunted edge. Quite a realistic production, this play.

Nimdok turned to glance at Miri again, checking to see how she was handling the ultraviolence, and was startled to find her seat empty. He looked around, seeing no sign of her, then stretched out with the Force, channeling their familial bond. Perhaps she had gone to the ‘fresher without telling him, or wandered away to explore the fortress. Something simple and easy to forgive. But for whatever reason, he could not detect her presence. If her own father couldn’t sense her, none of the others could either.

His pulse spiked as he leaped up from his chair, grabbing the arm of a servant. “Have you seen my daughter—?

The servant blinked as Nimdok described the little girl to him, then shook his head, hurrying away. Others he tried to question had similar reactions, eager to return to their duties and too absorbed in their work to have noticed anything so innocuous as the disappearance of a child. The performers went on playing, their costumes seeming garish to Nimdok’s eyes now, but the professor was at least aware that he was making a scene of his own. People had turned to stare in alarm, some in annoyance, others with predatory gazes.

I apologize,” he said, looking between Sawa and Elise. “I can’t find Miri.

Perhaps he was overreacting, and there was no real danger… no, he dismissed that thought immediately. He was surrounded by vampires, and his little girl had just gone missing.

Sawa Ike

Nine Lives Nine Lives Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Elise Ike Elise Ike

Sawa was looking at them and she raised an eyebrow when out the corner she could see the professor making a scene.... it brought her attention around and she remained quiet until he spoke and then she looked towards where the little girl was or had been and tapped her fingers on the arm of the chair. One hand rising up as silence fell across the feast and the guests with a flex of energy to alert them to look up towards her. "Quiet." She said it to the crowd and finally rose looking at Aoi and then Nine and Elise for a moment allowing it to toss around. "The grounds are closed and watched, we shouldn't be able to leave and there is no danger here... violating my hospitality doesn't end well for many."

She said it and started to walk stopping at the seat and continuing around the room. "Chujo" She said it for the captain of the guard as her hand motioned out. "Have men posted at doors but also windows and other exits in the event she is more slippery then we expect. The village is controlled and kind but they are not aware of how special the girl is." She said it and continued to walk while the large guard started moving the others and finally she spoke motioning with a hand. "Come professor, we don't want her stumbling upon a larder filled with my handmaidens... it might be very difficult to explain." She meant it as a jest but it would be just their luck the girl got into one of the handmaiden chambers.

The first stop though was the main hallway outside of the feasting hall it had the amenities after all one might need and there were servants to help if it was needed. She wasn't likely to have just hidden in the bathroom... perhaps some of the smaller chambers had been opened. She entered one as the library gleamed.... shelfs filled with books that had been collected in paper and wood. Not just digital like many things... on display around the floor itself were dresses and kimono's in cases... jewelrry and Sawa looked around. "Child...." Her voice was low but it resonated... vibrations from the shaping she could use so her voice could be heard around the fortress. "Your father seeks you, come out or I'll unleash the hounds."

Mythos was probably one of the most strangest people she had the displeasure of learning about. A Sith Lord hell bent on taking over their home planet with some strange idea that he was the rightful leader. Each attempt to invade leading to many deaths and even further hatred of the man from the planets population, but time and time again the mans persisted, even bringing in loyal people of his own to pretend to be civilians and try to convince people he was the real leader of their planet.

It brought a small chuckle from her lips thinking about it, for peats sake she had more letimigant claim to than throne. Sadly her assmused expression didn't last long as Nimdok suddenly stood up at the apparent disappearance of Miri. Herself almost stumbling from her chair at the sudden revelation, having been too focused on the festivities. "Wh-? where why did she go"? Herself confused but also giving a wary glare towards Sawa just in case, though it seemed her grandmother was just as confused as her.

"I suppose this is the one thing about kids I forgot". Their tendency to run off, though she did not rule out the chance of one of the servants being grabby. "Do you have anything for which we could track her with"?

Nine Lives Nine Lives Sawa Ike Sawa Ike Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Nine was busy enjoying the festivities in her own way when Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok said he couldn't find Inanna Harth Inanna Harth .

Nine, wanting to help, stood up.

"I...have ways of sensing people's energy different from other Vampire's...I think I can find her if I look hard enough."

Nine went and crawled on the walls Gary Oldman style while following Sawa. She seemed to do it easily.

Sawa offered to help find her also. Nine face palmed as Sawa mentioned the Ladders.

"Nice one Sawa. Let 'em know where you keep the jewelry and the silverware too." Nine joked. "You don't actually keep them in Larders, do you?"

Nine wouldn't put it past her, to be honest. She had a whole dungeon aboard the Morpheus also.

"Miri? Miri?" Nine called out while crawling in the ceiling. She followed Sawa into the library.

When Sawa said she would unleash the hounds, Nine snorted, even as she sensed a ripple of psychic energy.

"Sawa that's no way to ease tension. Miri! You're missing the feast! You don't wanna miss the Ice Cream, do you? Or are you a candy bar sort? This place is bound to have massive loads of sugar drinks. Everyone still likes that stuff right?" Nine called out in her contralto.

*Wow I need to get out of the lab more often..." Nine thought, dropping down.

"I think I sense her...this way..." Nine said, seemingly gliding forward in the Library, past ancient times and scripts.

"Um...Sawa...not to play housekeeper...but these books wouldn't happen to be of the horribly dangerous kind would they. My money is on at least one of these items being cursed..." Nine thought as she strode through.

"Miri? Where are you?" Nine called out. "Your father is worried. It's not good to put him through that..."

Elise Ike Elise Ike

"Do you have anything for which we could track her with?"

Nimdok shook his head. “I already tried to sense her with the Force, but I came up blank.” Normally he would be completely against the idea, but in the stress of this situation he felt like a fool for not investing in some sort of tracking device for his daughter. If it would have made locating her any easier, this scenario alone would have justified it completely.

Nimdok’s urgent need to find his daughter prevented him from taking much issue at the methods used to locate her, no matter how absurd or frightening. Sawa commanded her guards to look for Miri, referring to the child with the sort of terminology one would expect to be used for an escaped prisoner. Meanwhile Lady Li-Ves assured him she had other methods of sensing the energy of living beings, then promptly commenced crawling along the walls of the fortress like a… well, like a vampire.

The vampiresses speculated amongst themselves as to where Miri might be. Sawa mentioned a larder full of handmaidens. Nimdok’s hawkish features briefly became more owlish as his eyes widened at the idea, only to narrow when Sawa threatened to unleash the hounds. “Unless the hounds are gentle rescue dogs in cute vests, kindly don’t.

Nimdok added his own deep baritone to the calls. “Miri! Miri! I know this place is fascinating, but it’s dangerous to wander off on your own. Not to mention rude to our host and upsetting to me.

He called her name a few more times, but received no answer. His concern doubling by the minute, he quickened his pace as soon as Lady Li-Ves said she thought she could sense Miri, half-running, half-jogging in the direction she indicated.

Cursed books…” he muttered, skidding to a sudden breathless stop. Miri loved books. Since early childhood, her weekly schedule had involved regular trips to the local library, and on her birthday or other gift-giving occasions, she always asked for more books. “... Son of a—!

A string of curses conveniently trailed off into muttering under his breath as he began stalking through the section of the library Lady Li-Ves had led them to. His hands itched to rifle through every single tome until he found one that would even give him a clue as to what had become of his daughter. But that would take too much time—better to ask for pointers.

Great Lady,” Nimdok said, addressing Sawa with stiff formality to hide his boiling emotions. “Are any of these books cursed? Particularly of the ‘attractive cover, but opening it will send the reader through a portal to another dimension’ variety?” It was the only explanation he could think of for her lack of a Force presence, yet with Lady Li-Ves still being able to detect her lingering psychic energies in this area.

sorry for the delay Sawa Ike Sawa Ike Elise Ike Elise Ike Nine Lives Nine Lives

Sawa Ike

Nine Lives Nine Lives Elise Ike Elise Ike Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

She was looking and listening as the library seemed to have attracted some attention... the words from the professor bringing an amused interest to her. "Yes but only in the area between fiction and non-fiction in the fantasy shelf." She said it and looked at hium and then at Ni-Ne for a moment. "I wouldn't have cursed as it were objects here." She said it with a look at him but wasn't angry or annoyed more she was moving and looked around. "Still if she likes books this would be the place for her... nothing is dangerous here... risque maybe, explaining it might take some time." She said it but was looking at the stacks around them and walking.

"Though she might have." She questioned how skilled this girl was at getting into and finding things while walking towards one of the shelves and ran a hand over the wood. "Is she good at finding secret passages?" Sawa said it and tapped one of the books letting the wall slide quietly to the side as she entered and looked with silvery eyes through the dark. The low light appearing in the distance before she stepped in. "This was before it was covered the way into the old chambers." Her voice going as she walked and tapped the wall to turn on lights that would allow them to see and follow her in and down the hallway that came out into a chamber.

The vaulted ceiling with kazue stone forming an octagon that was covered with dust and debris. They hadn't been in here in awhile but she looked around. "If she came this way the tunnels lead to other parts of the fortress that could be more dangerous one is the catacombs with all of the bodies and other things that are attracted to the dead." She continued to move and search feeling with the force for the girl as she watched Ni-Ne going along the walls and there was no need for that yet.. the main ways out were taken care of and there were the bears attracted to the exit of the catacombs in the forest so monsterous bears shouldn't attract the child.

Meanwhile Aoi hadn't followed the others she had just walked off quietly on her own. Quiet and moving with less purpose but she stayed to the sides of the main hall where one who was small could slip out of the area unnoticed. She continued to walk and looked out among the few who remained and hadn't joined the search.. they were largely milling about but the guards made sure they were clearing the room. Each one would be checked and handled to make sure the little girl didn't slip out into the village or countryside below. She waited until it was clear and spoke standing in the center of the chamber and closed her eyes. "YOu can come out now."

Secret passages. Though it had been a while since her last time here Elise remembered the many secret passages that dotted through the castle. It was actually though one of them that she had escaped during her futile attempt to seize power oh so long ago. "If she did indeed go into one of the many passages I wouldn't expect her to stay their for long, Miri isn't the best when it comes to 'scary' things, I am certain we would have heard a scream of sorts by now or watched her running from the catacombs in fear".

Considering the rumors that surfaced about vampires delving into an area where their ancestors had been buried would seem like offering yourself up on a silver platter for lunch. "I feel that we should search elsewhere, though how far a small child would be able to get shouldn't be to extensive". Surely one of the servants should have seen the girl at some point.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Sawa Ike Sawa Ike Nine Lives Nine Lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom