Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Collected Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
XDgQkVw.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sasori Research
  • Affiliation: Company Name: Sasori
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: AI
  • Modularity: Made for ships, vehicles and facilities
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    • Inth
    • Crystal Lattice
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Advanced Organic AI that creates a construct within the facility, ship or vehicle for both security purposes and interaction.
STRENGTHS
  • All Knowing: The AI is for lack of a better term.. all knowing within their ship/facility or vehicle... THey can control it and function like holocron style gatekeepers for security purposes.
WEAKNESSES
  • Limited scope: While powerful within its own constructs... the AI doesn't hold sway outside of it and is generally confined to whatever knowledge is in the ships databanks.
  • Speech: A random defect in how the AI operates as it doesn't view things in a linier time instead speaking of things in past, presence and future tense or referencing things that happened in different orders.
DESCRIPTION
Created as part experiment and part idea. Incorporating the idea of a holocron gatekeeper to become an interactive security interface for ships and facilities. The engineers and workers at Sasori developed many of the things for it but most importantly was how it connected and from the research station they were able to make a shipwide prototype that could be used. The box that is added to the ships connects the AI to a shipwide neural net that is superimposed. Allowing the AI to have a presence on the ship itself in ways that other AI's can't fully have. It gives it a level of control over systems that can be managed and that are connected aside from just the computer as it is able to run its droids and biots.

tInNIqt.gif

Last edited:
Matsu Ike Matsu Ike MANIAC MANIAC

I'm pulling this submission due to some concerns I have with it.

Primarily, where does the force play into this? Is this a submission that uses the force? Or is it just an AI?

Advanced Organic AI that creates a construct within the facility, ship or vehicle for both security purposes and interaction.

What is this construct you're speaking of?

Speech: A random defect in how the AI operates as it doesn't view things in a linier time instead speaking of things in past, presence and future tense or referencing things that happened in different orders.

Does the AI have knowledge of the past and future? Or is it just unable to use the proper tenses?

John Locke John Locke

What is this construct you're speaking of?

THe construct is generally a sort of figure, like a gatekeeper for a holocron you can interact with... but it isn't entirely physical it would just be there and you can talk to it.

Primarily, where does the force play into this? Is this a submission that uses the force? Or is it just an AI?
THe force plays into it mostly how it plays into a holocron the crystalline lattice used to create the holocron channels force energy and collects it but it doesn't use the force. It just pulls at the cosmic which bled into the living.

Does the AI have knowledge of the past and future? Or is it just unable to use the proper tenses?
Mostly in how it speaks to people. It can't predict the future but it would be able to use records and knowledge in databases

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

So, the construct is a hologram? A form to interact with?

I still don't understand how the force is involved in this submission. Looking at the article on holocrons it appears that they just sense if a user has force sensitivity, though that appears to be the in the electronics and not the crystal itself.

When the Force was correctly used to open a Holocron, it would physically manipulate its various mechanical parts to grant the user access to its data.[SUP][15][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP] Each of these individual parts was imbued with the power of the Force, and could provide some functionality even if they were removed from the Holocron, such as being able to remotely manipulate the data of another Holocron or track down the location of certain Force-sensitive individuals.

Can you please explain what you mean by the cosmic bleeding into the living and how you intend the AI to be affected by the force? It seems that the gatekeeper is just a holographic AI interface without access to the force.

John Locke John Locke

ALright so as I try to find the clip the cosmic force is the underlying force it permeates the universe. The living force is part of it for a time taking some of it to make life and when something passes it returns to the cosmic force bringing its experiences and is renewed. The stars essentially act like the priestesses did a quasi conduit that collects some of the cosmic force without making life so that a jedi spirit canm act like a gatekeeper albeit a little different. Since they can control what they are connected with.

Generation tech did a decent one explaining it but I will keep looking for the clone wars clip at least that can be heard.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

So, is this an AI or is it the spirit of an ancient Jedi controlling a ship or base? Cause these are two vastly different things. If it's just an AI then there's no issue with that at all. However, if it's a force spirit then that's completely different.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

I've reviewed what you've provided and feel that it's taking what was canon, and stretching it a little too far. The priestesses and their training did allow Jedi to maintain their identity in the force, and even appear to the living for a short while. They were even able to influence the world, like Yoda blowing up the Sacred Texts. But a force ghost is meant to be just that, a force ghost, a temporary manifestation of a force spirit before they return to the force.

The only place, I'm aware of, where a force spirit is able to maintain it's identity for prolonged periods is in a force nexus, such as Exar Kun on Tavin 4. And as you know, a mobile force nexus is not going to happen.

So, for this sub, I'm perfectly happy for the AI's to be modelled after ancient force spirits, they could even be summoned up and use Mecha Deru to imprint copies of their minds on a Neural Net that will function as a normal AI, as if it were a holocron, however, it can't be the actual force spirit controlling a station, ship or base since that's effectively creating a force nexus.

If that's a satisfactory adjustment for you then please make the necessary changes to tag me back If you have another idea to adjust then then please tag me back and let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom