Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coliseum - Planet of Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION

• Planet Name: Coliseum

• Demonym: Colossians

• Region: Wild Space.

• System Name: Obelisk

• System Features:

Sun: 1

• Moon: 1

• Asteroid Ring.

[*]
Coordinates: AM, 38.

[*]
Major Imports: (For The Refugees)

• ​Food.

• Basic Necessities.

• Tools.

• Building Material.

• Research Equipment.

[*]
Major Exports: (In System)

[*]
Ore:

• Carbonite

• Chanlon

• Durelium

• Hfredium

• Lommite

• Phrik

• Gold

• Agrocite

• Lignan

• Barab Ore

• Cortosis

• Void Heart

[*]
Hallucinogenic Plants.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

• Gravity: Twice Standard

• Climate: The planet is covered in an almost perpetual fog in the lower regions, excluding the mountains and oceans. This fog is intensely hallucinogenic, though the Titans and the wildlife that live there seem to be unaffected by it. This fog blocks out the sun, but does not prevent its nutrients from reaching the planet it covers. The fog is produced by the vast variety and density of huge hallucinogenic plants that covers almost every part of the planet except the mountains and ocean. Besides this, the weather is temperate.

• Primary Terrain: Mountains, Oceans, Forests, Tundra's, Wetlands. (All terrain is large compared to smaller races. Trees and forests, while normal for the biggest Titans, are almost the width of small towns at the base, and taller than four of the largest skyscrapers in the galaxy stacked on top of each other. Rocks, Trees, and Mountains are all sized in comparison to the Titans that live there.

• Atmosphere: While in fog: Type II. Mountains/Out of fog: Type I.

• Major Locations:

Bent Forest: The largest forest on the planet with the strongest concentration of hallucinogenic plant life. Like all the forests on this planet, the plants and trees are colossal. It's called the Bent Forest because it's fog is so strong that it causes sever hallucinations, temporary amnesia, altering of memories, insanity, and then death. Reports of people who have survived say that the first sign they saw that the fog was effecting them was the trees began to twist and bend before their eyes. The only creatures that live there are predators and animals that have adapted to the fog.

• Refugee City: A city of various races built over 5,000 miles up at the base of a mountain. the city is fortified and protected against animals and the fog and stands as a fortress. Open commerce takes place in this city as the refugees have carved out a suitable life here.

• Olympian Mountain Range: One of the many large mountain ranges on Coliseum. Its hundreds of caverns, valleys, crevices, and canyons also provide shelter and solitude to hundreds of Titan families and towns. This is also where one of the most notable Forges is kept.

• The Sea Of Visions: This is actually considered a lake by Titan standards. It is a very prominent body of water that is not safe from the fog, but being a body of water it creates its own fog as well that mixes and changes the hallucinogen to something else. Sometimes refugees would go out on the water to breath in the altered fog to clear their minds and temporarily stave off the regular fog. A Force user who goes out onto the water without protection may be exposed to intense dreams or visions from the force.

Force Nexus
N/A

POPULATION

• Native Species: Titans

• Immigrated Species: Refugees. Mixed races.

• Population: Sparsely Populated.

• Demographics: The planet is massive... And that is an understatement when even the plants and mountains are scaled to be so for mountain sized creatures. There are some refugee settlements on the planet of the smaller races that have managed to devise defenses against the planets fog. The Titans tolerate refugees and allow them to stay on their planet. While the refugees may catch enough sightings to fuel myth and legend, the Titans have never revealed themselves to the settlers and have been able to easily keep themselves and their families/cities hidden from any whom they do not wish to find them.

• Primary Languages: Basic. Sith. Shyriiwook. Dosh. Droid Binary. Mando'a. Ryl. Bothese. Catharese. Cheunh. Durese. Huttese. Yuuzhan Vong.

• Culture: The Titans are largely devoted to learning in every way shape and form. They use their advanced technology to learn even more than they already know, to study every aspect of the universe, even instruments that can measure and study the force. While Titans devote themselves to learning, they do not ignore the possibility of violence coming to their world and are prepared accordingly. A family of Titans is called a "Pantheon". Some Pantheons are especially skilled in different areas: Forge, Destruction, Knowledge, Chaos, Order, War, and Peace.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

• Government: Theocratic Monarchy

• Affiliation: Kuxtal

• Wealth: High: The planet they live on was created by Kuxtal through the force. The planet is a collection of rich resources of the galaxy fused into a planet by the sheer will of Kuxtal. The planet is so vast that even with orbital surveillance there is still huge portions of the planet unexplored or discovered by any civilization and is not in danger of running low on its resources.

• Stability: High: The Titans have very few rogues or criminals. No Titan is unable to defend themselves and usually have hidden abilities. For a Titan to attack another Titan that they do not know is almost as good as a death sentence. But crime is almost unheard of. The Titans serve Kuxtal and they acknowledge him as their god and the absolute authority above even the greatest of their collected powers. Under the rule of Kuxtal, the Titans live free lives, even though they are in service to him. While the Titan society is stable, there is disagreement among some Titans as to the role the Titans play in the galaxy, whether to conquer it or lead it peacefully into a new era.

• Freedom & Oppression: Under the rule of Kuxtal, all Titans are free, and each family is like a kingdom unto themselves with a father being the head over extensive families. Kuxtal is the ultimate authority on the whole planet and the Titans love and serve him as more than a king, but a fair and good father. He offers love and comfort to all his children and wisdom and learning in great measure.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Fortress World: The Titan military is powerful, organized and driven. The military does not possess any ships to travel space, but with their own abilities coupled with their technology, they can travel in space without ships and battle in space accordingly. The military is armed with weapons in scale with their own sizes. A Guerrero might carry a blaster the size and strength of a turbo laser, or a club or blade capable of smashing through armored ship hull.

• Technology: Titans have almost genius level intellects, and this has been the birth of many technological advances well beyond the current technology level of the galaxy. They have technology that can measure and study the force in great depth which they have used to marry both the force and technology together as one. The result is machines that most of the galaxy would consider magic or enchanted. They have created cities in the clouds, generators that can power a death star for a millennia, armor that can stop an orbital strike, planetary shields that are nearly impregnable, Cloaking devices that could cover the planet. They even have technology that enhances their already incredible strength and powers. Sometimes with the aid of their technology the Titans choose bizarre appearances. Animal head masks, multiple arms, wings, tails, and horns. Titans are a diverse culture of people and personalities. Thanks to their technology they can appear in almost any way they choose which sometimes lend to people calling them gods.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION:

As the Titans travel the stars, being exposed to and absorbing the solar and cosmic energies and vacuum of space. They follow their father wherever he leads, Traveling from star system to star system, stopping from time to time to rest on a planet before going on with their grand search for a home.

But when they stop in an unknown and uninhabited part of space with no planet nearby or waiting for them they stop confused, only a large asteroid field is present before them.
Then they see a portion of their fathers true power.
Kuxtal extends his hands, and slowly, with his power, focus, and will, The asteroid begins to move, crashing and smashing into each other, fusing and melting into one enormous shape.
Matter itself seems to come together to fuse and shape the desires of the Titan father.

The new home of the Titans is one that they can truly call their own.
It was a massive glowing ball of intense heat, even for a planet, one of giant proportions that can properly host and nourish the colossal space faring race.

Once the rock and ore cooled, Kuxtal willed plants to grow on it surface, plants that grew and grew to colossal sizes.
Before the planet could cool too much, Kuxtal then turned to another portion of space light years away and exerted his power again, and soon a massive sun glowed nearby at the perfect distance to keep the new planet alive.
He created the gasses and elements that were necessary for atmosphere and to sustain life.

Then the Titans descended on the planet and began their lives as a true race of the galaxy.

[member="Kuxtal"]

As this isn't a complete and ready-to-judge sub, I'm going to move it to Pre-Codex so you can work on getting it finished up. Let one of us know when you're ready for live judging and we'll get it moved back!

[member="Voph"]

I think I got most of it done except for the System features. I guess I'm just not really sure what all I should/could put there or what is required, or if it's fine as is.

[member="Kuxtal"]

So there are a few things that will need to be addressed before I will pass this up the food change:
  • In the title of the submission, you have it as Colisium but in the submission itself, you have it as Coliseum. Please fix this.
  • Under coordinates, you put the hex coordinates where it will be on the map (ie. AI-15)
  • If they have exports, why do they not have imports? Is there a reason for this?
  • In the atmosphere section, I would recommend a note that when in the fog, it would be more like a Type II atmosphere while up in the mountains it would be Type I
  • One of the major issues with the submission is somewhat mixed into the next few sections here, but it is this:

• Kuxtal said:
    Titans have almost genius level intellects, and this has been the birth of many technological advances well beyond the current technology level of the galaxy. They have technology that can measure and study the force in great depth which they have used to marry both the force and technology together as one. The result is machines that most of the galaxy would consider magic or enchanted. They have created cities in the clouds, generators that can power a death star for a millennia, armor that can stop an orbital strike, planetary shields that are nearly impregnable, Cloaking devices that could cover the planet. They even have technology that enhances their already incredible strength and powers. With their level of technology and power, it is not a stretch for them to consider themselves gods created to lead or destroy the galaxy.
  • As of right now, it would appear this planet and its people have technology on the scale of or even above that of the Celestials. This is a no go and it will have to be toned significantly across the submission
  • The above leads to the second major issue with the submission: Characters cannot be gods and create entire planets by themselves, as it appears your character, correct me if I am wrong on this, is the one who created the entire planet and star system. The historical information section needs to change to something more mundane because as is, it once again borders or surpasses the abilities of the Celestials or other banned things on the site.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
Name: Check.

Coordinates: I have no idea what went wrong there. but I think I fixed it.

Initially I made it so there are no imports because there is no incoming traffic to the planet. it is unknown and away from known space lanes and the people aren't really that attached to the rest of the galaxy. It's supposed to be pretty cut off from the rest of the galaxy.

Copy that on the atmosphere.

What if the technology level was just shy of the celestials level? Much of the wording I'm using is from the point of view of an outsider looking at these things with fresh eyes and in terms that best gets across what I'm trying to convey in simple concepts. in essence, the technology is powerful as it should be from a race of incredibly smart giants, but I don't really care if its level in actuality is on par or more powerful than the celestials, or even significantly weaker. their technology is designed to make them "Seem" like gods, but the actuality is supposed to be less impressive.

When I made it so that one character can make a planet with the ability to sustain life, my intent is for it to be the antithesis of a sith emperors ability to destroy a planet and all life on it with the force. While many characters make it seem easy to reach this level of power, the power to destroy, I thought it would be good to outline the power that the force also has to rebuild or create. I may be grasping at straws with this, but when people can use the force to fuse their lightsaber components together on a microscopic level, I figure it's not that much of a stretch to expand that to a grander scale of actually forming a large celestial body with the force.
I can change it to where he fuses an asteroid field together to form the shape and size of the planet, would that lessen the power sufficiently?

[member="Kuxtal"]

Apologies for the delay, been a tad under the weather and wanted some time to mull this over.

So, if a planet is sending out exports to the galaxy, especially raw ores and metals that most any corporation or government in the galaxy would desire, it can't really be unknown to people. Shipments of goods are one of the easiest things to track, and most planets import something or other because not every planet has absolutely everything.

As for the major issues, these aren't things I'm going to be budging on. The technology can't be anywhere close to that of Celestials, so that will have to be downplayed to a much more reasonable level. While the intention is to merely seem like gods, what is described does not make this a semantics issue but most definitely a substantive issue. And I notice you added some parts to the technology section that were not previously there.

As for the creation of the planet, no. Even fusing asteroids together is far far far too much, not to mention it still would not lessen the fact he creates life or a star on the planet. This will need to be dropped completely and the creation/finding of the world redone.

That said, you are free to second chance this, but unless edits are made, this can't be accepted as is.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Okay. I can definitely redo the technology for the Titans.

I'm going to make the Titans a nomadic space faring race. This was actually my original plan, but I wanted to see if I could go the full yard with a planet.

If you have any suggestions for how I should word/design Titan technology, I am more than open to ideas.

In fact, originally I wanted the Titans to be a completely unique race with only one member, inspired by the Thanos, Darkseid, Apokolypse, and Galactus characters from the marvel and DC universes. But since I was required to go the extra mile and make a race for them, I wanted to at least try and flesh them out better than a single character entry.

I guess that means I'm scrapping Coliseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom