Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Codex Suggestions

LXsQx4A.png

What are some of the things you might want to see? Thought of something cool you might want to have added?

Post it up here!

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
To whom it may concern (I’m assuming Srina Talon Srina Talon ?),

For your consideration, I had a brainwave today. I was thinking about how lots of players have generic/Wookiepedia/mass production ships as their personal vessel and I was beginning to think of ways to flesh out ships that don’t necessarily need factory submissions, but just a sense of individuality. Like, how many of us have always wanted a standard YT-1300 that we can just bomb around in, but give it a name and history.

So I got busy and whipped up a quick first draft of a codex template for Individual Starships. The goal of this template is to give players a way to personalize or personify a common ship from the Wookiepedia, or the open market. Much like with Droid NPC submissions, a factory model/Wookiepedia link is still required for the codex submission, but this template allows the player to put some personality and individuality into their own ship without having to make a Unique Starship factory creation. I’ll leave this all up here in the hopes that the Codex staff will go over it, and consider this first draft as the starting point for the final workable version for player useage.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: [ State why you are making this submission and what purpose it will fulfill in RP. ]
  • Image Credit: [ Provide credit to the original artist of the images in your submission. Link to the web page where it can be found and state the name of the original artist if possible. Each image used must be credited. Use TinyEye, Google Image Search, or the Image Credit FAQ to help.]
  • Role: [ Is this your character’s go-to ship for visiting political figureheads? Is it the centre piece of an antique collection that you keep in your courtyard to impress your guests? Is it your getaway vehicle for when those foolish Jedis foil your evil plans once again? Explain the role that this ship will play. ]
  • Permissions: [Please link any Marketplace purchase or similar approvals to use other Writers' content as part of this submission.]
  • Links: [ Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, etc here. Canon or otherwise. Especially obscure references, or events important to the submission.]
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Service Life: [ How long has it been since the ship was first commissioned? If unknown, put Unknown ]
  • Force Affinity: [ Only applicable to living, Force-Sensitive ships, ships that have been imbued with Sith alchemy, or ships that have acquired Force nexus of some kind. Otherwise, for most ships, put N/A ]
  • Ship Model: [ If the ship model is uncommon or custom it should be linked to the correct Wookiepedia Article or the Factory Starship Sub. ]
  • Fluff tier modifications: [ any special modifications that don’t affect PVP stats of your ship goes here. Ie: the cargo hold has been converted into a beer-pong tournament room, or the ship’s computer has somehow become sentient ]
  • Contents/Cargo: [ Flesh out the contents of your cargo hold, gear lockers, or hangar bays here. note: this must adhere to listed hangar/cargo capacities on the Starship Factory Sub or Wookiepedia vessel that is being used. If those capacities are ambiguously ill-defined, please be reasonable and cooperate with the codex judges, as they can ask you to reduce cargo contents if they determine that this is being abused. ]
  • Appearance: [ list any special markings, paint schemes, hull numbers, or written names that would be seen on this ship by an observer. ]
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name of Vessel: [ Also worth including: nicknames, hull number, serial number, etc. ]
  • Affiliations: [ Faction affiliation? Is a personal vessel for a certain character? Is it the assigned command of a naval officer, or military commander? Is it a rogue vessel where the AI has killed its master and sought independence? Link any relevant characters, faction pages, or groups. ]
  • Previous Owners: [ If it has never belonged to anyone other than the currently listed Loyalties Affiliations, put N/A. Otherwise, has this ship ever belonged to another character, NPC, or PC? Was it purchased second-hand from a private/faction military organization? Link any relevant characters, faction pages, or groups. ]
  • Crew and Regular Passengers: [ Describe the general crew and passengers on this ship to an appropriate level, if the ship is large enough to host more than just the ship’s sole owner. Link NPCs, player characters, droids, NPC Combat Units, etc. as applicable. ]
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Nerfs: [ For a ship that is typically kept in tip-top combat readiness in afherance to the original design, put N/A. Otherwise, in this section, list any modifications/disrepairs that reduce the PVP capabilities of this model. For example: when the weapons have been stripped-off of a surplus lambda class shuttle for civilian use; or the starfighter hangar bay of a marauder class corvette has been converted into a lightsaber dojo; or the owner is typically lethargic in performing general maintenance. ]
  • Combat Function: [ Combat is difficult to avoid -- after all, this is Chaos. Should your starship wind up in combat, what would it be good at? How would they work alongside other ships, or would they be a liability? ]
  • Modular Hardpoint Configurations: [ If this ship has no modular hardpoints, put N/A. If this ship’s model is designed for interchangeable modular hardpoints, you can list the list the modules that are used here. If the tech used for modules are uncommon or custom, they should be linked to the correct Wookiepedia Article or the Factory Technology Submissions. Tech modules can be denied by a codex judge if they determine that they are being abused. ]
  • Force Abilities (for living Force sensitive ships, Force imbued alchemy ships, or ships that contain a Force Nexus Only): [ If your starship is a Force sensitive living ship, or contains a Force Nexus of some kind, please list its Force abilities, especially unusual or rare ones. Otherwise, for most submissions, put N/A.]
Strengths:
  • [ Provide, in list format, some strengths of this submission. 2 recommended. ]
Weaknesses:
  • [ Provide, in list format, some weaknesses of this submission. 2 recommended. ]
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
[ Include a description of the starship’s history here. ]

Code:
[B][COLOR=rgb(242, 215, 0)]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Intent[/B]: [ State why you are making this submission and what purpose it will fulfill in RP. ]
[*][B]Image Credit[/B]: [ Provide credit to the original artist of the images in your submission. Link to the web page where it can be found and state the name of the original artist if possible. Each image used must be credited. Use [URL='https://www.tineye.com/'][U]TinyEye[/U][/URL], [URL='https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/1325808?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en'][U]Google Image Search[/U][/URL], or the [URL='https://www.starwarsrp.net/ams/codex-rules.2912/?article_page=18'][U]Image Credit FAQ[/U][/URL] to help.]
[*][B]Role[/B]: [ Is this your character’s go-to ship for visiting political figureheads? Is it the centre piece of an antique collection that you keep in your courtyard to impress your guests? Is it your getaway vehicle for when those foolish Jedis foil your evil plans once again? Explain the role that this ship will play. ]
[*][B]Permissions: [/B][Please link any Marketplace purchase or similar approvals to use other Writers' content as part of this submission.]
[*][B]Links[/B]: [ Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, etc here. Canon or otherwise. Especially obscure references, or events important to the submission.]
[/LIST]
[B][COLOR=rgb(242, 215, 0)]PHYSICAL INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Service Life[/B]: [ How long has it been since the ship was first commissioned? If unknown, put [COLOR=rgb(214, 48, 49)]Unknown[/COLOR] ]
[*][B]Force Affinity[/B]: [ Only applicable to living, Force-Sensitive ships, ships that have been imbued with Sith alchemy, or ships that have acquired Force nexus of some kind. Otherwise, for most ships, put [COLOR=rgb(97, 189, 109)]N/A[/COLOR] ]
[*][B]Ship Model[/B]: [ If the ship model is uncommon or custom it should be linked to the correct Wookiepedia Article or the Factory Starship Sub. ]
[*][B]Fluff tier modifications[/B]: [ any special modifications that don’t affect PVP stats of your ship goes here. Ie: the cargo hold has been converted into a beer-pong tournament room, or the ship’s computer has somehow become sentient ]
[*][B]Contents/Cargo[/B]: [ Flesh out the contents of your cargo hold, gear lockers, or hangar bays here. [COLOR=rgb(214, 48, 49)]note: [/COLOR]this [U]must[/U] adhere to listed hangar/cargo capacities on the Starship Factory Sub or Wookiepedia vessel that is being used. If those capacities are ambiguously ill-defined, please be reasonable and cooperate with the codex judges, as they can ask you to reduce cargo contents if they determine that this is being abused. ]
[*][B]Appearance[/B]: [ list any special markings, paint schemes, hull numbers, or written names that would be seen on this ship by an observer. ]
[/LIST]
[B][COLOR=rgb(242, 215, 0)]SOCIAL INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Name of Vessel[/B]: [ Also worth including:  nicknames, hull number, serial number, etc. ]
[*][B]Affiliations[/B]: [ Faction affiliation? Is a personal vessel for a certain character? Is it the assigned command of a naval officer, or military commander? Is it a rogue vessel where the AI has killed its master and sought independence? Link any relevant characters, faction pages, or groups. ]
[*][B]Previous Owners[/B]: [ If it has never belonged to anyone other than the currently listed Loyalties Affiliations, put [COLOR=rgb(214, 48, 49)]N/A[/COLOR][B]. [/B]Otherwise, has this ship ever belonged to another character, NPC, or PC? Was it purchased second-hand from a private/faction military organization? Link any relevant characters, faction pages, or groups. ]
[*][B]Crew and Regular Passengers[/B]: [ Describe the general crew and passengers on this ship to an appropriate level, if the ship is large enough to host more than just the ship’s sole owner. Link NPCs, player characters, droids, NPC Combat Units, etc. as applicable. ]
[/LIST]
[B][COLOR=rgb(242, 215, 0)]COMBAT INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Nerfs[/B]: [ For a ship that is [I]typically[/I] kept in tip-top combat readiness in afherance to the original design, put [COLOR=rgb(214, 48, 49)]N/A[/COLOR]. Otherwise, in this section, list any modifications/disrepairs that reduce the PVP capabilities of this model. For example: when the weapons have been stripped-off of a surplus [URL='https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lambda-class_T-4a_shuttle/Legends?so=search']lambda class shuttle[/URL] for civilian use[I]; [/I]or the starfighter hangar bay of a [URL='https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Marauder-class_corvette']marauder class corvette[/URL] has been converted into a lightsaber dojo; or the owner is typically lethargic in performing general maintenance. ]
[*][B]Combat Function[/B]: [ Combat is difficult to avoid -- after all, this is Chaos.  Should your starship wind up in combat, what would it be good at?  How would they work alongside other ships, or would they be a liability? ]
[*][B]Modular Hardpoint Configurations[/B]: [ If this ship has no modular hardpoints, put [COLOR=rgb(97, 189, 109)]N/A[/COLOR]. If this ship’s model [B]is[/B] designed for interchangeable modular hardpoints, you can list the list the modules that are used here. If the tech used for modules are uncommon or custom, they should be linked to the correct Wookiepedia Article or the Factory Technology Submissions. Tech modules can be denied by a codex judge if they determine that they are being abused. ]
[*][B]Force Abilities (for living Force sensitive ships, Force imbued alchemy ships, or ships that contain a Force Nexus Only)[/B]: [ If your starship is a Force sensitive living ship, or contains a Force Nexus of some kind, please list its Force abilities, especially unusual or rare ones. Otherwise, for most submissions, put [COLOR=rgb(97, 189, 109)]N/A[/COLOR].]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#12e377][B]Strengths:[/B][/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*][ Provide, in list format, some strengths of this submission. [COLOR=#12e377]2[/COLOR] recommended. ]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#d91906]Weaknesses[/COLOR]:
[LIST]
[*][ Provide, in list format, some weaknesses of this submission. [COLOR=#d91906]2[/COLOR] recommended. ]
[/LIST]
[B][COLOR=rgb(242, 215, 0)]HISTORICAL INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[ Include a description of the starship’s  history here. ]

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: flesh out an office ship, which is used by the Dobson Logistical Consulting Firm.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Role: provide a mobile office facility for the Dobson Logistical Consulting Firm
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Service Life: Over 900 years
  • Force Affinity: N/A
  • Ship Model: modified Gozanti Class Cruiser
  • Fluff tier modifications: Interior has been overhauled and renovated for office spaces for various clerical departments.
  • Contents/Cargo:
    • Office supplies
    • Computers
    • Documents
  • Appearance:
    • Well maintained and painted grey
    • Dobson Logistical Consulting Firm logo painted on either side
    • The words Silent Profit painted on the bow in aurebesh
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name of Vessel: Silent Profit
  • Affiliations:
  • Previous Owners: The Old Republic
  • Crew/Common Passengers: Employees of the Dobson Logistical Consulting Firm.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Nerfs: Weapons have been stripped away to make space for more offices and computers.
  • Combat Function: unreliable in combat, the only martial purpose that the Silent Profit serves is to get the Dobson Logistical Consulting Firm employees to safely if an area becomes untenable.
  • Modular Hardpoint Configurations: N/A
  • Force Abilities (for living Force sensitive ships, Force imbued alchemy ships, or ships that contain a Force Nexus Only): N/A
Strengths:
  • Well armoured
  • Large enough for many offices
Weaknesses:
  • Unarmed
  • Slow
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Silent Prophet is an old surplus Gozanti Transport that has been refitted for office use for the Dobson Logistical Consulting Firm. Over the centuries, the Dobsons have kept it as their main base of operations, allowing them to leave whenever local governments get fed up with their corruption and backstabbing business practices. It has been passed on over the generations and is very well maintained, thanks to the Dobson family wealth.

Last edited:
So, first off, thank you Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch ! I'm happy to see suggestions anytime.

If I'm understanding this correctly (aside from the modified template) it looks like you're seeking a way to submit a ship fluff design to the Codex with a Canon Ship from the Wookie, right? If that's the case the good news is that you can already do that using this: Starship Location Template

You can always add fields to a template to personalize it more, but, this would allow you to use a standard YT-1300 or any other ship from Canon.

It's just got to follow this:

Starship Model: [ Provide a link to either a Factory Starship submission, a link to a canon star ship, or, if there is no special technology noted, a starship type. The Codex Location template is not a workaround for the Factory, and a ship with significant technological changes from a canon model will be directed there. ]

And you're a golden goose.

If that's not what you're thinking and I'm misreading please let me know.

Hi, for the application of a new organization, it states that you can include the members of the company on a blog post so that you can edit it any time as people join or leave since the codex entry cannot be edited. My company works within the GA and excludes exporting bacta to planets that oppose the GA (e.g. Sith or Enclave-owned) and this is something that continually changes. I was told that planets cannot be in the blog post, only members, and that if planets change the faction they are in or if certain planets no longer need the product (as they are self-reliant or seek business elsewhere), I would need to submit a request every time to change the application. I was hoping to collate a list of planets that do not have business with the company which is freely editable as map hexes are gained or lost or certain agreements are roleplayed in character. Would it be possible for this list to be allowed in the blog post rather than me adding it to the codex entry and continually requesting changes? Thanks! :)

Hi, for the application of a new organization, it states that you can include the members of the company on a blog post so that you can edit it any time as people join or leave since the codex entry cannot be edited. My company works within the GA and excludes exporting bacta to planets that oppose the GA (e.g. Sith or Enclave-owned) and this is something that continually changes. I was told that planets cannot be in the blog post, only members, and that if planets change the faction they are in or if certain planets no longer need the product (as they are self-reliant or seek business elsewhere), I would need to submit a request every time to change the application. I was hoping to collate a list of planets that do not have business with the company which is freely editable as map hexes are gained or lost or certain agreements are roleplayed in character. Would it be possible for this list to be allowed in the blog post rather than me adding it to the codex entry and continually requesting changes? Thanks! :)

Hi there,

The only thing we allow within blog posts (that relates to the Codex) are member lists for the sake of transparency, consistency, and organizational purposes. It may seem like a small request, however, per the Roleplay Rules:

8. The Codex and Factory are optional for your participation on this board. However, if you wish to codify non-canon content you must use the Codex or Factory to submit it for approval. Blogs and faction discussions are not to be used for this purpose.

If you are choosing to codify this list of planets regarding a Codex Submission it should be listed within the submission itself. That will allow members to see, at a glance, where the organization operates without having to click through other links to find out. Submission Modification reviews (especially within the Codex) don't typically take too long and the time it takes to request that is fairly minimal. If you have a submission request that hasn't been addressed in a few days you can certainly send me a note on Discord or a Board PM (I check these daily) and I'd be happy to move it along for you.

Once I get the tag that the submission has been updated I just go in and review it myself to eliminate the middleman as I'm usually the only one that handles them.

Now, this doesn't mean you can't mention where they do and don't operate in RP (even if the sub hasn't been updated yet) - You just can't codify something outside of the Codex. We made allotments for member rosters, however, that is the only one to keep things fair across the board. The requests start with a planet listing, then location listings, then ship listings...And it just spirals from there.

That's why we don't do it.

Let me know if you have questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom