Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Highlights May/June

January/February
March/April

Codex is back with our Highlights for May and June (if a week late). As we move this forward and continue to bring attention to subs we find particularly excellent, I would like to invite the Chaos membership to contribute nominations for future Highlight Posts. Notice a Codex sub you like a lot? Send me a PM with the link and a little blurb as to what you like about the piece to nominate it for the next Highlights post! Some of these month's highlights were nominated by Codex staff and some by regular members, so we'd love to hear from you!

Thank you to everyone, highlighted or not, for your submissions to Codex. May and June saw a plethora of particularly good Lore subs, so this highlight is heavy on them! We look forward to future highlights and seeing the heights of your creativity and work! Without further ado....

Planets:
Tygeria by [member="Myra"]
Well fleshed out planet with good flavor. I liked how well the submitter and judges worked together to take an already good submission and make it a great submission.

Species:
Tygerii by [member="Myra"]
The Tyerii submission stands out among the rest of the Tygeria related submissions, all of which are great. The amount of thoughtfulness and creativity put into this species breathes a kind of life that rides on the imagination yet feels tangible at the same time, making it hard to believe that this is a newly created species. We're looking forward to seeing both NPCs and PCs of these species in various threads!

Locations:
The Raggedy Edge by [member="Kingsley"]
Excellent set piece. From name to the gritty details, this is a location that I can see getting a lot of use for people who know it's there and waiting! Written up with just enough humor to be fun, it's a good read in addition to being a fine spot to grab a beer.

Kolene- Hope of Socorros Belt by [member="Lisza Starseeker"]
Love when submissions harken back to board events and history. Nice little sub that sets a scene but gives lots of room for people enjoying the area to work with.

The Hadean Athenaeum by [member="Arcanus Sunstrider"]
A personal favorite from the Netherworld Contest. Map or no, this will be a great location for exploration and threads in the future. Good details while leaving some mystery as yet to discover.

NPCs:
Crew of Bildog's Beard by [member="Darth Voracitos"]
With the fleshed out species showing up last highlight, I was delighted to see more of these quirky aquatic folks, this time running (swimming?) around on a ship just for them. Hope to see them in some RPs!

Lore:
Alpha Protocol by [member="Melody"]
Rogue AI and criminal underworld? Sign me up. Just enough info to get the ball rolling with a huge potential for RP. Great use of the Organization template.

Bryn'adûl | Draelvasier Artefact by [member="Tathra Khaeus"]
The inclusion of the written Draevlasier language is a neat touch to this submission. Interesting slice of lore for a species that as we have seen it thus far is more interested in war than history.

The Great Stag by [member="Triaan Makt"]
So far the majority of uses of the new Religion template have been good, but this one is particularly excellent. The duality is well done, and the details of the sacred are well fleshed out.

Halcyon Operations by [member="Lisza Starseeker"]
Good use of the Army template. The idea is clearly about the flavor and placing building blocks for other things, rather than 'who has the biggest army'. Good fluff and a fine framework for future submissions.

The Republican Guard is the Strongest by [member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]
I have a particular soft spot for IC propaganda, and even better when it is entirely over the top. This one is such a great fluff piece and even comes in verse!

The Holocron of Coton Sar'andor by [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]
A path of history leads to any moment in the present. The information and background of this holocron exhibits that clearly, while also pointing down the road to the future.

Making it on the codex highlights with my first-ever codex sub?

OMG-OMG-OMG_c74c0.gif

Myra

M
Thank you so much! It's great to see that people appreciate my lore :D

The Stag religion and the Tygeria/Tygerii did take quite a bit of time for me to develop but they were tons of fun to write.

It may have not gotten onto the new map, but I am looking forward to seeing what stories and adventures folks will have in the Library of the Dead.

You honour me with this highlight [member="Neri Rashal"], and have my eternal gratitude. :)

[member="Neri Rashal"]

The Republican Guard appreciates your support for its noble struggle of national liberation. Soon the Starbird flag will be raised over all cities of Tephrike and the reactionary Jedi and Vaderite oppressors will be ground into dust.

(Thanks!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom