Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex - Experiment Template

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
So I was curious from time to time people have their chars undergo some kind of self or forced experimentation or even an animal. I have one such char myself has gone through it and I was looking to sub the changes and felt that an entire spieces sub doesn't fit so well. So I wanted to ask would a template that falls under experiments be something people would be interested in?

That's a really good idea. The only mechanisms for modification so far have been biotech subs (blood mods, muscle mods, etc.) or doing a whole new species sub. A modification template, maybe handled through the Species section, could see a ton of use.

Adron Malvern said:
[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

I like this idea, but after too much augmentation or change , you basically become a new species. So it would make this slightly unnecessary.
The flipside is that:
  • If a judge thinks it's significant enough to be a new species, they can request it be subbed as that.
  • A subbed modification like Sanya's proposing could be used by a variety of species without needing to submit a new species for each one.

[member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

Yea, I think I understand what she's going for. A good medium between standard biotech subs and a new species all together. I just think in the end most can fall in one category or another. Not knocking the idea though, it could certainly be useful.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Changes to your character such as this would just need to go into your character profile. This falls too close to the Species submission template and would be repetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom