Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closer

A mutual understanding that neither could keep the other out of their respective aspects of battle and both knowing the potential dangers they faced happened. Their respective wounds would heal, but each had scars that remained and those would always be there. Nodding when he said he would want to learn barrier and tutaminis, he also expressed an interest in learning more how to be a shadow or assassin...the one she learned the skills from.

"Did you know you can also become almost invisible on the physical level? With those other skills you mentioned, even I wouldn't know a person is there. Watch."

Standing up, Jairdain actually moved as she used the Force. In the Force and in her mind, she more or less pictured a shield that covered her body. Not any sort of physical shield, but a mental one. Yuroic knew where she stood and if he looked, he would see a sort of shimmer to the light waves that were in the room. In the Force he would still feel and sense her, but unless he knew what to look for she would be invisible. She held it for a few moments and let it fall. Appearing again, she listened to what else he had to say.

Laughing slightly and her eyes held a small glimmer when he mentioned Brad hitting on her, she shook her head. Nodding when he mentioned he two padawans, she had already met and helped Asaraa learn how to use the Force to see. There was one other person she had taught that to, but wasn't in a position to take on a formal padawan.

"He has another woman he's been seeing, but I'm not entirely sure how serious that relationship is or how committed. Early on, Brad did ask me to go out on a date with him, but I declined.
"I do hope you take care ​of Asaraa and this other boy. But they do need to grow wings sometime and I think letting them go might be difficult."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic smirked as she mentioned that the prince had another woman that he was interested in, the slight pang of jealousy that another man was spending more time with her than he could faded back into the recesses of his mind. Watching as she faded from view, the ability to turn invisible not just physically but within the Force as well, to be able to deprive Jairdain ability to see him was something he was keen to learn as well. There were others who were blind physically but could see through the Force and see those who were physically hidden.

Listening to Jairdain, she informed him not to grow to attached to the Padawans. Yuroic nodded his head, "I know. I won't be too attached to them, I want them to succeed on their own." Yuroic stated as he moved closer to her. "So how does one do these things with the Force then love?" He smiled warmly as he was eager to learn.

[member="Jairdain"]

Feeling the little pang of jealousy, Jairdain reached out to touch Yuroic on the shoulder. She hoped it would give him a sense of security and he would know she wouldn't be taken away from him easily if it happened. Being seperated was hard on her as well, but she pretty much buried herself in her work. What free time she had, she would pass on what knowledge she had or spent it with him.

When she disappeared and then reappeared, Jairdain knew he was interested. Giving him a smile when he asked how one does these things, she also shook her head slightly. Putting her hand on her chin, she considered her options on how to teach him. There were some rather painful ways and ones that were more fun. Not in a location ideal for the ones that were painful and not wanting to hurt him, she opted for the fun ones.

"I had to learn on the fly with Lykos when he taught me. Animals that could sense the Force were used. Until I learned how to hide from them. Then he himself hunted me down until I could hide well enough from him in the visual sense. So since I can't see you, we may need to employ the use of one of your padawans? In the Force though, I can sense you. We can work on that first if you want."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He felt reassured with her gentle touch, they were both struggling with the distance but they were both determined to make it work. Too much had been shared between them for Yuroic to give up his dream of growing old with Jairdain, he too had been focused on work and making sure that the Order were growing stronger than before. He was also testing the waters by going into the Order's more political side, knowing that if he was to be a Master and be involved with the council then he had to deal with the politics that came with that. No matter frustrating he thought they were.

When he listened to her describe the training she endured by the Sith, Yuroic felt the anger within him. "Chit! I should have tried hard to find you before something like that happened. You shouldn't have to endure such brutal training, it's demonic and savage." Yuroic commented as he shook his head and took her hands in his own. "I'm good for the second option. But we could use remotes instead of one of my Padawans to detect my visible presence. Means we don't have to go searching for where they are. Asaraa tends to enjoy exploring, especially off world."

[member="Jairdain"]

Not having any idea Yuroic had been looking into the political matters of the Order, she had no idea how many suggestions she could have shared with him on behavior and how to act. Having spent her time with the Prince who also found these things annoying, she knew what it was like to try and guide one. He would either learn on his own or eventually admit defeat and not worry about it. No matter his choice, even if Jairdain didn't know about it, she would support him as he supported her in her work.

When she told how she had learned how to stealth and felt the anger from Yuroic, she gave him arm a squeeze since her hand was still there.

"You got stranded yourself in that search for me. Nothing you could have done in that instance, Yuroic. It is also the sith way to train people with more brutal methods. Learn or get hurt. He also grew up on a harsh world. Not that I'm condoning what they do, it's not how I would, but it is what is."

He suggested an alternative to using his padawans and she smiled with a nod.

"That sounds good. Gives us a chance to be just us. When do you want to begin the hide and seek?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Jairdain's attempt at comforting him helped a lot. He still felt very guilty about not being able to protect her from the harm she suffered when she was captured. Even though at the time he was just a Padawan with little experience and ended up trapped on an uninhabited world. His love for her just meant that he wanted to keep her safe as best as he could. It was ridiculous but then Yuroic justified it by believing love never was a sensible thing, otherwise Jairdain would know she could much better than a scruffy Jedi like himself.

"I understand. They seek to only let the strong survive, believing the weak must die. It's unnecessarily cruel and flawed thinking, we all start off as weak, only experience makes us strong." Yuroic replied, no one was born as strong as they become, life and mentoring built a person, gives character. What a Sith might consider a weak person, Yuroic saw a chance for someone to grow and defy expectations. It was what he did.

He smiled warmly at her suggestion of spending more time alone together. Yuroic always enjoyed their all too little, fleeting moments. Wishing that they could spend more time with one another like their days in his Padawan training. Life had a different plan however, so he took what he got. "Well I'm ready if you are, just explain how I hide myself or my Force Presence first. Gotta get my head around that."

[member="Jairdain"]

When Yuroic spoke of the views of the sith, she nodded and agreed. However, in a way Jairdain did see how the sith way worked because in a fundamental way, it was like life itself.

"While I do not agree with their methods fully they were molded after reality. I'm sure you noticed it when you were stranded. The strong animals would kill those weaker than them. Of course, that life is different than the sith, but I think you know what I mean."

Moving on from that, he asked for her to explain how to go about doing it.

"Watch through the Force and I'll do it slower."

She also explained what she felt she did which was place a non-physical barrier around herself in the Force. If he looked at the bubble around her signature, it wasn't clear. A very neutral color, much like her own alignment in Force. Something that looked grey.

Once he understood the theory behind it, Jairdain waited and watched as he made his first few attempts sitting next to her. When he was ready, she smiled and stood up to hold a hand out to him.

"Care for a game of hide and seek?"

Giving Yuroic a large grin, Jairdain disappeared again. Both physically and in the Force. Tagging him, she ran away. His own sense of her was keen, probably because she wasn't hiding her emotions and as time passed through the day, he got better at keeping himself hidden from her. The next day, she introduced him on how to hide through the light illusion she used. Since she couldn't see if it worked, all he could really do was practice with the droids or his padawans over the course of time.

In the time they had together though before her own duty called her back to Commenor, they spent their nights and days together. He still needed to work on being able to maintain that block on his Force signature and do other things, but he had gotten good enough at it that when it was all he focused on, she could not find him easily. The day arrived when she needed to go back to work and they walked together to her ship.

"I look forward to the time when this won't happen again, Yuroic. The days when we are together and not have to worry about taking the time off just to see each other. Someday I hope that happens. Not for a while yet though. I love you."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom