Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clash of the Titans

2824f06c67b8752c8784b1b4807847cf.jpg

It had certainly been an interesting day to say the least. Shran still had much that he wanted to discuss with [member="Cedric Grayson"], which is why he was glad to get word that the new Imperator had requested his presence in his office within the senate building. Despite his contempt for the current state of affairs, Shran was glad that the culmination of events had allowed him to make a graceful return to Coruscant. It was the most clear personification he could fathom of the age old saying; You never know what you have until it's gone. During his time as minister of defense, Shran usually despised the city planet and would long for the assignments that would allow him to dust off his star destroyer and go out in the field. However, the fall of the Imperial Confederation forced Shran to flee to the Unknown Regions. As much as he felt like a prisoner in his office, he flet like even more of a prisoner in the middle of nowhere. So to finally be back on-world, was certainly a positive in his book.

As he walked through the halls of the Senate building, he couldn't help but think of all the history that this building had seen all the way back from the old republic, through the days of the first Imperial senate and up to this very day. To be fair, several renovations and modifications have been made in the centuries that the building stood but for the most part, the main infrastructure remained in tact. While it was clear that Grayson intended to put a stronger emphasis on things like democracy and mob rule, Shran couldn't help but wonder how often Cedric actually intended to utilize the Imperial palace. It was a historic irony that Palpatine had turned a once great symbol of Jedi power into the seat of his new anti-Jedi empire. One that Shran had admired. However, it was also an equally ironic twist that a Jedi now sat on the throne of that Empire. Literally and figuratively. With all that said, Grayson wanted a new democratic era and making use of one of the most iconic structures in terms if intergalactic democracy would certainly help that image, far more than setting in to bed every night in a palace built by the very empire he sought to tear down.

Shran approached the Imprerator's office finally and gave polite knock on the door, waiting for an answer before he entered.

Cedric's closest advisers had asked that the Jedi Master be wary of High Lord Shran. Cedric needed no such advice - he was already quite aware of the Chiss. It was no secret that certain elements of the imperial remnant had not taken kindly to the new leadership. They saw a Jedi on the throne and thought it heresy. Cedric understood their worries, but then he also knew how to appeal to them. His family had been imperial for more than a little while.

So it was that he had invited Shran to meet with him in his office within the senate hall.

Night had fallen hours ago, and Cedric had found himself content to simply watch the traffic outside fly by. When the knock came at the door, he was relaxed, composed.

"Welcome High Lord Shran," Cedric greeted as the door slid upon with a slight gesture of telekinetic skill. "I have been meaning to speak with you."

@Shran

"I've been hoping to get a moment with you as well. We have much to discuss." Shran said as he entered, gazing around the room that was ornate in nature. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't hoped that this office might have been his one day. But for the time being, it was Grayson's chance to play leader. And Shran was willing, albeit begrudgingly, to allow him to fill that role until such a time that it stopped being a mutually beneficial arrangement.

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

"Indeed," he offered Shran a warm smile. The Jedi Master exuded it, though whether it was genuine or not was something of entirely different note. He sought to befriend the Chiss. From what Cedric knew of Shran, the Chiss was a rather capable leader. That was something the Jedi respected - a kindred spirit in a realm that no other Jedi could truly relate to. The mantle of governorship was one that few understood, least alone Cedric's kin.

"I know you're not happy with how things have progressed. I can sense the animosity coming off of you in waves," he said plainly, waving a hand about. "But I understand it. Were I in your position, I would already be plotting my downfall."

@Shran

"Rest assured, master Jedi, any such plans are only in the initial stages for right now. You'll have plenty of years to rule your imperium before needing to worry about me." Shran offered a smile in return, his words came off as a joking remark but Shran was sure both men knew there was an ounce of truth to it. He took a seat across from Cedric and made himself comfortable. "So, where would you like to begin?"

Truth or not, Cedric snickered at the Chiss's remark. There was much to be said about humor. If the Chiss could enjoy such frivolities, then perhaps the two of them might have common ground to build up from.

"I would hope so. A plan rushed is a plan ruined," Cedric mused, "I wanted to ask about your ambitions and initial plans for the remnant."

@Shran

"Well. Seeing as how the Remnant is all that remains of the old Empire, our short term goal was to regroup, rebuild. Long term, obviously I had hoped to rebuild to our former strength. Unlike others before me, I am not obsessed with intergalactic domination. An empire that grows too far too fast is doomed to fail. However, clearly that plan has been derail. So for now the Empire will adapt, as it always has, to now thrive under the watchful eye of your Imperium."

Cedric raised a brow.

"An intelligent response." He paused a moment, gaze narrowing as he stared at the Chiss, almost as if he were searching for something.

"You've a mind like mine, whether you might think so or not. We are politicians by nature, Shran, the guiding hand that ensures the people prosper. It is our calling. I wish to make that known - when you deal with me, you are dealing with a monarch, not a Jedi. I hope you will not expect the same things of me that you may of my erstwhile kin. I cast them aside for their heresy long ago."

"With that in mind, I wish for you to speak freely. Whatever your grievances with my changes in policy and such, voice them now. There will be no judgement. I wish to have the opinions of all who will keep my counsel, lest I make uninformed decisions."

@Shran

Shran nodded slowly as he processed Grayson's words. In all fairness, Cedric had proven to be different from Jedi he had encountered in the past. He did not share their same holier than thou mentality. Granted, Cedric did carry himself in a way that was... superior. Or at least gave the impression that that's how he saw himself. After all, why wouldn't he feel that way? Power has a way of getting to one's mind.

"You are a smart man for sure, Cedric. That being said, if you want honesty I will give you nothing but the truth. First, It's not the Jedi order as an entity that I do not like. It is force users in general that I loathe. Both the Sith and the Jedi are untrustworthy and only seek to use their powers for their own benefit to the detriment of others.

If it were up to me, I'd happily give the order to have every last force user cleansed from the galaxy. Next, and on a similar note, non humanoid species bring nothing but crime, hunger and all manner of bad things to civilized society. There is a reason why the Empire has stood the test of time far better than her counterparts such as the Republic. I've seen first hand what those beasts are capable of and if you have any sense at all, you would decriminalize the enslavement of lesser species.

That brings me to my last point. The abolishment of the class system that has served the Empire since time immemorial will eventually lead to class warfare and a recession, the likes of which the Galaxy hasn't seen since the great depression following the terrorist attack that destroyed the DS-1 orbital battle station."

The Imperator was silent as Shran spoke. His gaze never left the Chiss, seemingly enthralled in the High Lord's words. When Shran finished giving his opinions, Cedric sat up a little straighter, a thin smile upon his scarred visage.

"I understand your disdain for force users. Most are immature and incapable, especially those of this age. Indeed, those you've likely met are the result of botched training, heretical teachings, and sheer incompetence. That has been my experience," he paused, "In that, I share your disdain. It is why I am here, and not sitting on the Silver Council right now." Another pause. "That being said, I intend to reforge the Jedi Order. They will be servants of the people and of order. Trained with the discipline of soldiers, and the ethics of saints. I do hope they will be able to change your opinion on Force Sensitives as a whole. The best of us are far overshadowed by the worst."

Then came the matter of the alien. Truthfully, Cedric bore no racial bias, save for his love for his own strand of humanity, the Essonians. The Jedi was ever the politician however, "I also understand your misgivings on the other races. While I respectfully disagree that all alien races are problem children, there are some that are predisposed toward..." his brow furrowed as he searched for the word. "Malcontent."

"That being said, I have seen even the most horrid of Sith Lords redeem themselves, and the same can be said for such races. Ethically, I am a Jedi Knight, and it is my belief that all races deserve the opportunity to prove themselves. From a purely economic standpoint, I feel lowering these races would only breed chaos. There are far more of them than one might think, and the Imperium cannot afford to spend the resources required to put down uprisings. They would make better use with education and skills that can truly benefit our empire. Slave work is better left to droids, why waste complex organic hardware on menial tasks?" He lofted a brow.

"I have already set in motion a plan to guide these peoples. You may have seen the priests cajoling the crowds during my coronation? Those are followers of the Ashla. Non-force sensitive Essonians that worship the Light of the Force as a benevolent god. They have already begun to spread their teachings through the under levels. We will unite our discontents through the power of religion: a religion that teaches them to be kind, courteous, and useful members of society. That religion will, of course, not be state mandated or required of the people, but it will unite many of the outcasts beneath our banner."

The last was the class system. Cedric spoke.

"As to the former class systems, I will explain my reasoning. Once again, ethically speaking, I believe all beings have the right to better themselves. Restricting beings solely because of their birth denies us prodigies. The greatest innovations are brought about by the most unlikely of candidates," he paused, "And again, economically speaking, I intend to heavily industrialize the core. Our economy is planned until we have reached heights of influence and stability that allow it to grow without our oversight. I however do not see denying workers as a way to avoid a recession, but that it would rather encourage such. Those that are not content with the raising of the masses will turn a blind eye once the credits come pouring in, and those that were once oppressed will be our most loyal citizens."

The Jedi exhaled a deep breath. "That is my reasoning for what I do. I hope you can understand my logic."

@Shran

Shran ran his tongue over the front of his teeth as he listened to Cedric speak. He knew that absolutely nothing he proposed was going to make an ounce of an impact on the Jedi. He claims to be different than the others, and in some ways he is, but in many ways he is just as predictable as the rest of them. Stubborn, set in his ways and.... benevolent. Scoff. He cared too deeply about the lesser races and it was going to be a problem for him in the future. Why a human would refuse his rightful place in the natural order of things was beyond Shran but it was how the Imperator wanted things done and so he would carry out Cedric's vision of the Imperium.

"Very well, my Lord. Obviously I do not agree with explanations but I've made my point clear as you have made yours clear as well. That said; what you say goes."

"It is alright that we have our differences. Rather, it is a good thing. If we agreed on things, then our perspectives would not be valuable to one another. That is why I elected to help you retain your power." He paused, eyes narrowing for a moment. Shran could very well prove to be an obstacle at some point, though Cedric suspected the Chiss knew the value of loyalty. As things were, it would be very unwise of Shran to work against the Imperator's wishes. He simply didn't have the resources.

That did bring the another matter to the fore...

"Before we adjourn," he held up a hand. "I have heard tell of this other 'emperor', one that supposedly has claim to the throne. What do you know of him?"

@Shran

Shran offered a neutral shrug before answering, "He's a private man. On a personal level, I know little about him other than that he is a wealthy man. I also know he has been trained in the ways of the dark side. The only reason he has been able to usurp the throne from me... well, at least before you snatched it from either of us, was because of his abilities with the force. I simply could not challenge him."

Shran paused for a second, pondering the notion of pitting Cedric and Vakel against each other. He himself could not defeat the Sith but Cedric most certainly could.

"That being said, if you wish to remove him from your path, I will not interfere. Of that, you have my word."

Cedric lofted a brow. "It seems the two of you might not have the best of relationships. This one, Vakel, he is not so much a threat to our preeminence as he is a nuisance. That being said, even the smallest of thorns can cut deeply should it remain unremoved."

The Jedi's brow furrowed as he delved into his thoughts. "He is as much a threat to you as he is to me. I think it's about time he found himself removed from his modicum of power. Would he respond to hails from you? If you can draw him in, claim that you intend to assassinate me, we can catch him out in the open. From there, force powers or not, I have little doubt that I can deal with him in whatever manner suits our purposes best."

He paused, "What say you?"

@Shran

A devilish smile split across Shran's face as he leaned forward in his seat. Allowing Cedric to remove Vakel from his path would be a great weight off his shoulders. It also has the added bonus of potentially leaving Cedric in a weakened state following any potential battle. It wouldn't be enough of an opening to make a move this early but it would be enough to asses just how much this Jedi could really handle, which would be important information to have in the future.

"I say that great minds think alike, my lord. Just give me a time and location. From there I shall lure him into your waiting arms. Oh and one other thing; try not to fail. That would put me in a really awkward position. And would most likely put me in a dead position as well."

"It will be done," Cedric felt the pleasure ebbing off of Shran in waves, like that of a hungering predator sighting his prey. The Jedi Master understood such - this was a prime opportunity for Shran to remove a rival without having to do much more than speak a few words.

The Jedi almost envied the Chiss's position.

"I will contact you about that soon. Maintain contact with Vakel, we'll make short work of this," Cedric nodded.

"Now, if you would, I need some time to meditate on this. The Force may show me the outcomes ahead. I'd like to be certain of the path we're choosing to take."

@Shran

Shran stood and saluted. "Thank you, Lord Imperator." With that, Shran turned and left the office. He wasn't comfortable with his superior talking about Jedi magic and nonsense but all of that was immaterial as long as Grayson was willing to do this favor for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom