Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private City of Saving Lives

Faith quietly stood on what would be the new site of the hospital for the Refugees of the Galaxy. The funding that had been raised was able to help with relocating families to worlds where they had other family, food, clothes, whatever was needed. Those funds were kept separate from the funds that the Alderaani raised through the sale of phrik and other artisan products on Alderaan.

There were other things to do, the hospital for starters and housing, communications, space port and probably 10 other things that Faith hadn't considered yet. After the last fund raiser and how she had lost her temper with the Severson man she felt she had compromised herself and worst the project. What could she do to redeem herself she didn't know but she thought to invite Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix and Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana back to Alderaan to have them see the City show them what Alderaan was doing, and where the funding generously given had gone.

There were refugees coming in from the South to Alderaan. Slowly in small groups but they were coming and it would be through them that they would get an idea of what the conditions were and where help was needed.

And now she would also have Alicio Organa Alicio Organa on hand to show them the progress, this was his project and he knew best the status of everything.

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Tiresh stepped over some raw materials on the construction site, her gaze surveying the promised hospital as well as the refugee city beyond. Behind her stood four of her guardian detail, not terribly close but still present. By her side was Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana . The two had met the day before their shared appointment with Queen Organa in order to catch up and have some much needed personal time together.

“This will be a wonderful asset for the refugees of the galaxy. We must talk with Faith Organa Faith Organa about how we can better integrate with her work here!” Tiresh was beaming. This was what she loved… and seeing such like hearts as the Queen, Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , and of coarse, Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana … She couldn’t contain her excitement. It was such a breath of fresh air from the immense challenges she was facing within the Senate.

As they approached the Queen, she had a smile spread across her face. Faith! So good to see you! I’m terribly sorry for my demeanor during your fundraiser. It seems that the disturbance we experienced did not have much effect at all on the financing of your intended project… fabulous!” She was in such a good mood that she went in for a polite hug from the queen.

Last edited:

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

Objective: Visit the hospital
Tags: Faith Organa Faith Organa Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

Wearing: this suit

Isla was so happy to see Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix again and they had had a wonderful day exploring a few of the sights of Alderaan the day prior to their meeting with Faith Organa Faith Organa . She called Tiresh a lot and they spoke at length about their business ventures and other aspects of their life, but seeing her in person and having that physical connection was amazing. Isla had taken the decision to rent out the same hotel room they had spent their first night together in as a suprise for Tiresh which she had loved. The Senator had of course booked her own suite, their relationship was still very private so only the two women and their respective security details knew that one of the rooms had been left empty over night. Isla suspected Tiresh had not wanted to repeat the panic she had given her bodyguard on their first night together so had been forced to tell them, but political personal bodyguard were accustomed to knowing secrets above their pay grade so it wasn't a problem.

The two women were now at what looked like a building site, Isla smiled as she saw sand and brick dust now decorated the trousers of her suit, this was what she got for being hands on. Actions not just words. She heard Tiresh over the construction noise "I agree, the Queen has made excellent progress here, hasn't she? Is suspect this is likely to be an important hub, do you think she would approve a Foundation local office here?"

Tiresh didn't get chance to reply before she spotted the queen, they could talk about those things later. The spring in her step made Isla very happy, Tiresh seemed like she was in a great mood, Isla was too, a day with her new love, followed by getting to work on something for the betterment of the galaxy, the perfect combination.

"Queen Organa" Isla bowed gently, still not feeling appropriate to call the queen by her first name as Tiresh had "It is an honor to have been invited here, iI am excited to see the work you have accomplished already. So, I am fascinated..." Isla shut her eyes for a moment and looked around. "...take me a few months into the future, where are we standing right now? If I reach out my hand, who shakes it?" and she reached out her hand to shake that of the doctor, nurse or refugee who would not even arrive for months.​

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:
"Tiresh, and Grand Admiral Draellix, welcome ladies back to Alderaan, I am so pleased you came and that you have this opportunity to see what we are doing here on the Sanctuary Coast in building a city dedicated to helping the Refugees of the galaxy." She looked over to where her own guard stood shifting side to side watching. The last time they were on duty Faith had been captured by a rogue group of Raiders. "Please call me Faith.

If it had not been for the diligence of Jax Thio Jax Thio who knows what would have happened, but still the guards suffered internally at the failure to protect her. She didn't know how to get them post it

"This project is under the watchful eye of Alicio Organa Alicio Organa you might remember him from our last meeting" Faith took a visible breath, "And before we continue I must apologize for my outburst and for the contradiction I presented when I dealt with the situation with the other guests. It was an action I regret I'm normally a bit more controlled but that day for a reason I choose not to mention I could not" The thing she didn't wish to mention is how she felt that the Severson man was attacking Mandalorians by his comment about Loreena's company...such a long story and she was certain not all of the fall out had finished from that.

"I'm sure he will be along, but let me say that yes this will be a hospital for everyone. We just need staff who will honor their oaths, perhaps you know some you can point our way."

Tags: Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix | Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

SANCTUARY CITY, CONSTRUCTION SITE

Stepping gingerly, the slight form of Alicio Organa disembarked his speeder, and turned to look at the construction site. The building's skeleton could be clearly seen, hinting to it's full scope upon it's completion. The young man took a moment to steel himself before walking away from his ride, and towards his cousin and her company.

It was weird to think that he was the one to sign off on this project. He hadn't organized it, the new hospital had been in the works for months before his appointment as 'Liason to the Royal House for Refugee Matters'. A bit of a mouthful of a title, but one Alicio bore with pride.

But he still felt some kind of attachment to the hospital. He'd contributed, even if it was only in signing contracts.

Alicio walked up to the group of Faith Organa Faith Organa , Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix , and Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , tucking his datapad into the crook of his arm, and tossing his dark locks with a stray hand. Alicio planted himself at Faith's right side, catching the end of Faith's plea for staffing.

"That is our main concern," he echoed, naturally joining the conversation. "Well, that, and capacity. Sanctuary City as a whole can host many displaced people, but there will always be more demand for doctors and beds."

Alicio sent a half-smile to his cousin. "It's good to see you, Faith." He turned his storm-grey eyes to Alderaan's guests, bowing his head reverently. "Senator Kobitana, Prime Minister Draellix, it's my honor to welcome you both to Sanctuary City."

She loved Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana ’s idea of setting up a localized foundation office here, and as Faith Organa Faith Organa and Alicio Organa Alicio Organa shed light on some of their pressing needs, it seemed like a perfect fit.

“No need for apologies! I felt like you handled the situation rather gracefully… far more gracefully than I would have I’m embarrassed to admit.” She smiled warmly as Alicio Organa Alicio Organa joined them, giving a slight bow. “Of coarse! Alicio! Pleasure to see you again! I must say that your work here is quite impressive.”

She looked towards Isla and gave her a confirming nod that she agreed with her proposal regarding the Foundation office. She then turned back to the Organa’s.

“The Kobitana Foundation has thousands of volunteers throughout the Alliance territories who have been properly vetted. The Grand Admiral was just entertaining the possibility of us setting up a localized office here within Sanctuary City. This would allow for greater synergy between the Foundation and the wonderful work you are doing here, as well as help for us to provide the needed staff for your venture. We have a wide gambit of skillsets as well, including doctors, nurses, and administrators. Would such a proposal be of interest to the Organas?”

Tiresh then turned to once again take in the scope of Sanctuary City, breathing in deeply before letting it out again with a sense of awe,

“I would like to share as well regarding how much I personally resonate with the work you two are doing here in Sanctuary City. This is a true achievement of what can be possible, and you both are surely pioneers who are working diligently to build a better tomorrow for all of us.”

Tags: Faith Organa Faith Organa Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

"Whats a few bruised feeling between friends and politicians. You made enough credits for the your cause and nobody managed to get into a fist fight" she smiled at Faith Organa Faith Organa s apology "So I would certainly chalk that up as a victory. Although for my part I will apologise if I at all acted inappropriately. Sometimes the sailor in me likes to rear her head."

She listened to both Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix speak, and thought in her head about the difficulties her own people were having with recruiting. "As Senator Kobitana has suggested, her foundation has a large number of excellent and very capable staff. My own nation would like to contribute but is currently undergoing its own staffing issues, due to the liberation of several populous worlds and providing much needed medical assistance to those worlds. I hope that one day the Ashlan efforts will mean less refugees have to make the perilous journey from their homes and we may be able to return displaced people to safe homes very soon." she thought about their current actions, the Stygeran Caldera was now in Ashlan hands and they were about to breach the northern limits of Bryn expansion, so soon vast tracks of space would be safe for their precious residents to return to.

"As a token, we have brought several thousand tonnes of construction material and hardware along, as suggested by your procurement officer, we may not have the biggest population, but we have a lot of barren rocks that are easy to mine."

Isla slid the data of the supplies provided by the Ashlan Crusade onto Alicio Organa Alicio Organa datapad, it was primarily preformed building components, with the specs lifted from what would essentially be a contractors shopping list for for next stage of construction.
5m5qOKV.png
[/Justify]

" Alicio Organa Alicio Organa I am glad your scheduled allowed you time to come, I know how busy you are with things here in the City. I agree there will always be a need for beds and doctors. It seems many of the refugees come are experiencing injury, illness, or just suffering from a lack of care. Sanctuary City will we hope aide with that"

She listened as Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix spoke, well she was certainly being kind Faith felt she knew better, her behavior had been not ideal. Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana spoke of the situation, "Politicians indeed. We are a fickle bunch at times. But yes we did raise the funds to help those across the galaxy, most of the funds for Sanctuary City are from the families on Alderaan. I could not risk how it could look we take in funds and then Alderaan benefits with a new hospital." She smiled though knowing that everyone would understand.

A foundation to continue the work of helping, wasn't that just wonderful!
"Well my goodness, first by all means any foundation that focuses on the well-being of others is more than welcome on Alderaan and your brought supplies you are compelled by the goddess for certain, Thank you. " She looked over to Alicio, "What do you think of the suggestion for Kobitana to have offices here in the City Alicio? This is after all under your guidance?" She wanted to be sure to include him in the conversation give choices not commands. She could be such a strong-willed person and control freak that it was a constant reminder that her thoughts were not always the best.

Alicio smiled at Faith Organa Faith Organa as she thanked him for his time, not expecting the show of gratitude. "Thank you for entrusting me with the opportunity, despite the workload." Then, to Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix , "And thank you for the compliment. I'll be sure to pass it along to the builders and the non-profits as well."

There were plenty of good people that deserved the praise more than him.

It was true that the young nobleman didn't have much time to himself these days. His mornings were taken up by meetings, afternoons of observations, and evenings of correspondence and plucking away at his datapad. But he much preferred the busy schedule to doing nothing at all.

He felt like he was making a difference, even if it wasn't to the same scale as the women he was in conversation with.

Alicio skewed a smile Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana 's way as she talked about donations. "Oh, you... You know you don't have to apologize for your situation. Consolidation is tricky. That being said, Sanctuary City will take all of the building supplies we can, so thank you very much!"

The Count returned his gaze to Tiresh. "I think it'd be a blessing to have your organization here, Senator. I've read up on what the Kobitana Foundation has done on multiple Alliance worlds, with far less infrastructure to assist than Alderaan. It could only help if you had a presence here."

"I'll find you a good place to set up shop. Maybe around Thranta Street. It has a lovely view of the coast."

With backers like these, perhaps they wouldn't have need for beds or doctors after all.

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Faith Organa Faith Organa Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"Perfect! I know we can accomplish much good together!" Tiresh bowed with a genuine smile still etched across her face. She pulled back some stray hair behind her ear, "You know, with so much uncertainty within the Senate these days, and with the Corporations taking over the south unhindered, I fear that we will need more of these cities throughout the Alliance territories. The Maw are showing no signs of slowing down, and our relationship with the NIO is shaky at best. I would be interested to pick your brains on the lessons you've learned through constructing Sanctuary City, and possibly begin construction on a sister city on Lujio. I fear that such expansion will be needed at the pace this galaxy is going." Her smile faded as she spoke. She hoped she wasn't bringing down the mood, but it was terribly difficult for her to not be constantly surveying the future… and she feared that, if they were not proactive, there would be millions of people who could suffer in the coming years.

She let out a forced laugh, resting a hand on Alicio's shoulder, "If you weren't doing such good work here, I would be tempted to try to convince you to run for Senator of Metellos, their election is approaching and we could really use another senator who could help us stand against the status quo." She turned again, surveying the city, "I believe we can all make a difference, in our own strengths and avenues. Sorry to go political on this lovely day, I just… find my heart heavy as of late." She shrugged, looking back at Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana and giving her an apologetic expression. "Hopefully the Ashlan Crusade does not carry as many concerns as the Alliance these days!"

Isla smiled back at Alicio Organa Alicio Organa it was good that he understood, one day the Ashlan Crusade would become a wonderful and stable nation, but right now things were still developing. At least under her and Demici's guidance things qere progressing Well.

"I think I would like one day to reciprocate the hospitality you Faith Organa Faith Organa and your people have shown me here, I have been to Alderaan four times in as many months but have yet to entertain you at my home on Lur, so I feel I should rectify that."

As Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix looked back at her apologetically for her heavy heart, Isla knew exactly what she meant. She knew the woman cared deeply about the people and the problems her alliance faced troubled her. Isla reached up and put her hand on her own chest as she replied, gently stroking her thumb at the outline of her necklace underneath her top, a subtle signal and reminder that Isla was there for her.

"Oh, absolutely, we are half way through liberating the old Sith shrine worlds and are up to our knees in the fallout from their old empire, but other than that. Well I suppose our.. er" and she paused thinking of the right words "government model, does make things a bit smoother when it comes to getting things done." she laughed slightly nervously, realising she was preaching the values of a semi-authoritarian state to very democratically minded people. "but one day, who knows, maybe people like me and Cardinal Demici can retire and hand our nation over to a new generation of politicians" It genuinely was her wish, one day that the Ashlans would be a modern democracy.

Something shone on the ground and she picked it up, an old coin, worn flat on one side from the earthworks that had churned it up, so impossible to date , but early from a time long before any of the people present were alive. "wouldn't it be nice if people remembered us for the good we did one day?"

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:
The relationship with Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix and Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana was bearing fruit the refugees would have more help and Alicio Organa Alicio Organa would have more friends. He was a resourceful young man and deserved all the opportunity to show his talents. Sanctuary City was just the beginning for him. Already Faith could see his ability to be a diplomat or politician. Ahh "No stealing away my cousin for another world quite yet Tiresh. Alderaan and I need him here for now. "

And then what happened so often when 2 or more politicians gathered together politics came up. "Perhaps Alicio would like to travel to Lujo to explore setting up a sister city that could take in refugees as our capabilities here overflow. But I leave that to him if he wants to travel."

Faith smiled at Isla, "I'm sure the Ashlan Crusade will become a shining beacon for all to look to. I would love to come to Lur and I'm sure Alicio would enjoy the trip as well" She stopped and chuckled, "Sorry Alicio I forget sometimes to ask rather than just respond, would you like to go to Lur?"

She watched as Isla picked up a coin admiring it, or perhaps admiring the image, wishful for a moment, "It would be good to be remembered even if it was just a passing moment of remembrance. But today you can see the appreciation in their eyes when we hand them a key to a few rooms where they can stay, or we find a family member they thought long gone, a hot meal after a long journey. They might not remember a 100 years from now but they remember today and tomorrow, maybe that's enough." She smiled.

The expression on Alicio's face when Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix off-handedly mentioned him running for Senate was priceless. A mix of surprised, flattered, and incredibly scandalized feelings warmed his face, and made him look away in embarrassment. He smiled as Faith Organa Faith Organa jokingly denied the Senator from Lujo, and he echoed her sentiments. "Thank you for the offer, but I'm nowhere near ready to represent a planet in the Senate."

Still, it felt nice to be considered, even if it was only for laughs

"But I would be happy to share what I've learned with you, Senator." The Count adjusted his gloves, focusing his eyes on Tiresh. "It would be nice to visit Lujo, and I'm sure I could help with city-planning." It had been the only subject on his mind for months now. "Although I'm awful at christening important structures, so I leave the dreadful job of naming things to you."

Turning his attention to Faith and Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Alicio chuckled a little at his cousin. "No need to apologize. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from as many places as I can. I would be honored to be a guest on Lur, Admiral."

Then, there was the question of legacy. Alicio listened to his cousin's thoughts, and nodded, letting her words stew in his thoughts. Did he care about how people thought of him? Did he even want to be remembered?

He wasn't sure.

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Faith Organa Faith Organa Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Tiresh shared a look of gratitude at Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana 's signal of affection and comfort towards her. She closed her eyes and nodded subtly at her comment about the uniqueness of their governmental model. It was true… democracy had some unique hurdles that often felt unsurpassable. But while it had its weaknesses, it also carried with it less… risk. As long as you had the right people at the helm of a theocracy, it could produce a lot of good. But good people were hard to come by.

At Isla's comment about being remembered, Tiresh blinked and seemed to drift off into her own thoughts for a moment. She had no idea how she would be remembered in the grand story of future generations. The truth was, the past would be remembered by whoever wrote the history books. She could just as easily be written as a villain as she could a hero… it all depended on who controlled the narrative. It was a scary thought.

Tiresh snapped back to the moment as Faith Organa Faith Organa playfully rebuked her for her notion of recruiting Alicio Organa Alicio Organa to the Senate. She laughed lightly, nodding knowingly. As the Queen suggested the idea of Alicio coming to visit her on Lujo to further discuss the sister city, the smile returned to her face as well as a nod of agreement. As the Organa's suggested visiting Isla's homework of Lur, she chuckled softly, resting her hand against Isla's arm, "Just make sure you both pack something warm!" She teased.

As Faith commented again in response to Isla's remark of remembrance, she nodded slowly. A smirk flashed across her face as she found an opportunity to poke fun at herself for their amusement, "Perhaps that's why I keep putting my name on everything I touch? Am I truly that conceded as to believe that I will have a legacy that will carry on after I'm gone? Just saying it out loud make me embarrassed to admit." She blushed slightly, putting a hand on her cheek and shaking her head in disbelief. "Perhaps that is what truly lies at the center of us all… a desire to make a difference when it is all said and done. Some of us choose to leave our mark though destruction and terror, and some choose to leave it through rebuilding and washing the galaxy clean from their destruction."

She wasn't sure why she was being so deeply philosophical. Perhaps it had to do with how much deep thinking she had been doing these past few months. She found herself continuing in the same vein of thought,

"Perhaps, at the center of all of us, is deep self-centeredness that craves to leave a mark on the galaxy in some way…"

She blushed bright red as her eyes shot around at the others, suddenly letting out a forced laugh as she shook her head and diverted the conversation slightly,

"Haha! It's probably not that simple! And if it is, I hope the next generation remembers this…" She waved her hand towards Sanctuary City, "… instead of the terrors of those who threw the galaxy into endless wars."

She smiled and nodded knowingly at Alicio's response regarding her offer to him of senatorial responsibility. Her smile spread wider at his desire to take her up on her offer by assisting Lujo in building a sister city, bowing her head subtly in a sign of honor and appreciation.

"You can always follow my lead if you like by throwing your name on everything..." She laughed and slightly cringed at the truth of her statement. Oh force, perhaps she was incredibly self-interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom