Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Chillin on Hosnian Prime (Not Temple Edition)

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

What was on Hosnian Prime? Who knows. Or at least, that was Jonyna's logic upon traveling there on the Reaper. The cityscape before her reminded her of Coruscant, though it was...different. The hanging gardens were at least a nice sight, and where Jonyna had headed first upon arrival. The smell of nature kept the cathar at ease, and despite her massive blue coat, Jonyna had kept a low profile in the city. Maybe it was habit at this point. She wasn't looking for a fight, or any sort of massive, life-changing event today. She just wanted to relax. Explore the galaxy she had been denied in her old life.

What would come next? That was to be seen.

Hanging-Gardens.jpg

Hosnian Prime
Hanging Gardens

- Jonyna Si Jonyna Si -
Alicio was no gardener. But he couldn't deny the beauty of a garden.

He was a cold, calm presence in his little corner of Hosnian Prime. He'd just escaped a long meeting with the local dignitaries and politicians; as was the case of any planetary city, there were far too many bureaucrats. He'd done a great deal of talking, debating the need to expand the Alliance's refugee support network, so much so that his throat had begun to scratch, like a feline forced to do something it would rather not.

He'd practically fled to the gardens, waving his guards away, finding a little corner where he could escape the politics. The Count, dressed in black with shocks of Organa blue, was staring past a beautiful leafy creeper, hidden thoughts swimming behind dull grey eyes, finger gently tapping the lightsaber concealed under his cape. The vines had reclaimed the wall, nature taking back a small section of the city.

How long would it be before everything crumbled?

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Denik-Cathar seemed to be enjoying the smells and sounds of the garden when she came across Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , the jedi smiling at the sight of company. She grabbed a small flower from the garden, slipping it over her ear, before walking over. "I take it you're here to get away from the noise of the city too?"

Given how he was dressed, she could only figure that was the case. The city was a hellscape where little bits of life like this went to die. Places like this? They made for natural reprieves from the chaos.

"The noise of the city, I like," he said, not moving his eyes, though he let loose a winning half-smile. Sure, he was a rather serious person these days. But just like any politican worth their salt, he liked being contrarian every now and again. "It's the noises of people that get me, sometimes."

He finally turned his eyes towards the Cathar, pleasantly surprised by the sea-salt tastes of the Force around her. "I'm Alicio. I hope I didn't disturb your peace too much, Master Jedi," the Count guessed, reaching out a gloved hand to shake. He tried his best to exude warmth, but he couldn't quite shake the cold.

He had far too much on his mind.

- Jonyna Si Jonyna Si -

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Cathar gave him a curious wave off, before taking his hand. "Oh, don't worry about that. Unlike you, I like people. When they're kind, at least. Grew up on Cathar, can't help it." She chuckled at her own joke, rolling her eyes. "Just came to admire the planet. Spend too much time cooped up in the jedi temple on coruscant, I'd go crazy. What about you? You look like you got something on your mind. I got big ears, tell me your woes, oh Alicio."

The Cathar had gained a reputation for being 'violent' as of late. Maybe that was true in the outer rim, but the reality was, she only sought to right the wrongs of the galaxy. Here? There were no wrongs. And she hadn't lied. she loved people. She loved the kindness of a family, of a community. So many were quick to write off sentient life as wicked and cruel, but fail to see the good done. To see communities come together to help a single person. To see random acts of kindness, and heroes born in the heat of the moment. Because deep down, we're all good. We're all kind and just.

Or at least, that's what the cathar believed.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"I like people too. Usually."

The Count's smile warmed alongside Jonyna, returning his gaze to the greenery around them, folding his hands behind his back to hide them in his cape. He understood the need to escape Coruscant. Most of his time was spent there, too. Edifice was his natural habitat, sure, but he was Alderaanian. Coruscant didn't exactly have a balance with nature like the world he represented had. There was an unmistakable tiredness to his movements as he looked back. Not in his limbs. He was just... tired.

"What about you? You look like you got something on your mind. I got big ears, tell me your woes, oh Alicio."

"I don't usually make it a habit to unload my issues on perfect strangers. But if you're offering..." His light, difficult smile returned. "I'm... here to help refugees. To convince local leaders to donate to a fund. But they are... resistant. I think they're under the impression that it's not their problem."

He sighed, eyes darting down. "I used to be more than ready to tackle this particular challenge. But now, with war on our front steps, and finding blank face after blank face... I'm losing faith. In people."

- Jonyna Si Jonyna Si -

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I used to be more than ready to tackle this particular challenge. But now, with war on our front steps, and finding blank face after blank face... I'm losing faith. In people."

Jonyna frowned slightly at the thought. "I've never been one for politics. Back on Cathar, leaders would solve problems themselves rather than voting on how to make someone else do it. Maybe you should show them how it effects them. Take the senators on a field trip and show them the people they're voting for. That's what I would do. Get them out of their comfort zone."

She paused, looking to the flowers around her. "To be a leader, one needs to know what you're fighting for. My people back on Cathar have decided I'm the new Sage and...I don't know if I can do that. Being the tribal leader, representing my people on a larger stage." She waved a hand, causing a small cloud to form above the plants, before it let out a soft rain.

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"I'd love nothing more than to convince a bunch of uppity politicians to visit a refugee camp." Despite his flashed smile, there was something sadder behind it. And unspoken blue tint behind his words. "I doubt they'd agree. After all, they're incentivized to support their constituents over anything, anyone else."

Calling it frustrating would be putting it kindly.

It seemed this mystery Jedi had new responsibilities of her own. A bit more warmth added itself to Alicio's countenance. Now that was something he understood. "You... you never feel like you're ready, you know." He had his own history of accepting leadership positions he felt vastly underqualified for. "When I first became a Senator, I felt like I was drowning. Every day, just barely treading water." His eyes turned down. "It's still difficult sometimes. Obviously. But I grew to fit my station, with the help of people around me. And I'd wager you can too, Master Jedi."

- Jonyna Si Jonyna Si -

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I guess you'll have to figure out an incentive then." She figured. She smirked as a thought passed her head. She had the credits. Maybe it was her old friend Kraden talking, but she knew how to play the game by now. "I got quite a bit of credits if you wanna use that as an incentive. I'd be willing to donate to a fund if it'll get the senators to get out of their cozy homes and into the places they need to go to make the right calls. Or...maybe they'd be willing to speak with a jedi who's got some experience with that. I've seen the refuge crisis firsthand. An eyewitness might sway their vote."

She didn't like throwing her credits around, but this was important. Politics was a dirty game, so she'd play dirty if it meant getting help to those who needed it."It's Jonyna, by the way. Only my padawan calls me Master."

tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Last edited:

"Well, I don't know about you, but I actively try to avoid bribery when I can," Alicio said, with a friendly raised eyebrow. Despite all he'd been through, all he'd done, there were some lines he wouldn't cross. Speaking to a Jedi might sway them, the Count supposed. Most people in the galaxy couldn't look a Keeper of the Peace in the eyes and refuse aid to those who needed it. "I'd rather your credits go to a good cause, rather than a Hosnian's pocket."

"Besides, I... I've seen my fair share of pain, too. First-hand accounts do not work."
The blue hues returned.

Finally, the Jedi introduced herself. Alicio nodded to her. "Then, it's good to meet you, Jonyna." He left her gaze again, once more looking at the creeper on the wall. "Maybe you've met my wife, Amani Serys? Jedi Councillor, big fan of gardens?" He tenderly touched a leaf with a stray finger. "She'd like this place too, I think. She's covered half the Coruscant Temple's medical wing with greenery."

- Jonyna Si Jonyna Si -

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Fair point." Jonyna let out a sigh "Was worth a thought though. Like I said, politics aren't my thing. I see a problem, I solve it. Whether that be throwing money at the problem or cutting it in half, doesn't matter. I don't have the patience to wait till a bunch of bureaucrats to tell me how they want to solve it."

The mention of Amani Serys Amani Serys caused the Cathar to light up though. "Oh yeah! She taught me how to read." The jedi spoke as if that was a normal thing to say at her age. "Still getting the finer details on that part. Wookie is a strange language. Yeah, I've spent some time in the medical wing, really pretty. You're her husband? How'd that happen?" Her tone was casual and inquisitive, sounding as a girl wanting the latest gossip rather than a great warrior who once fought the Empire. Her tail flicked at the thought. A senator and a jedi council member? How scandalous!

tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Last edited:

"If only every problem could be solved with a credit chit or a lightsaber." He smirked. "That would make my job much easier."

"Oh yeah! She taught me how to read."

Alicio's thought process, of understanding, then slight confusion, then a moment of pondering, followed by understanding once more, played out clearly on his face. Jonyna must have been new to the Order. Or, at least, hadn't grown up in the Temple. "Well, I don't know how to read Wookiee either, so you have me there." His smile only sweetened when the Jedi asked him about his favorite subject.

"Well, I'm not as good at telling this story as Amani is..." he started. "It was after the Battle of Tython. I'd collaborated with Valery Noble and the Alliance to set up a refugee camp on the planet. A Sith had attacked the camp not a few days before, so... I took a more active hand in helping out. When there's work to be done, I can't... sit still." That had never changed about Alicio Organa.

"So one night, I brought a shipment of bacta to the healer tents. And I found someone... as stressed as I was feeling. So we helped each other out. I invited her to a festival on Alderaan..." He sighed, remembering fond experiences. "And now... We're married, with twins.

"Why she chose me, of all people... I really couldn't say. All I know is I'm the luckiest man in the galaxy."

- Jonyna Si Jonyna Si -

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Cathar flashed a toothy grin "Congrats! I've always wanted kids. Right now I just have a pair of paddies who keep me up at night." She let out a laugh, "I'm trying my best to train them, but it's hard, ya know? My first one just went blind the other day because of a mission. Stresses me all the way across my fur."

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom