Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Children of Shiraya: The Passing of A Star

"You may not always feel strong, but you can always be brave."
- Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren to a young Briana.

How many years had passed since she last saw her mother and sister? Not since the night of her parents engagement over six years ago when she'd ran away with Brandyn. For months since the fall of Naboo, Briana had chosen not to make the journey to go and find what remained of her family, knowing full well that Blaire and her mother were staying with her aunt Eline on Hapes. The wasteful neglect was in no small part due to her own desperate attempt to come to terms with all that had happened. Even now, standing a few paces from her aunts estate... Briana struggled to move her feet and make those last few steps over the threshold to face them.

She knew what Blaire thought, and what their mother likely did as well. Blaire would blame her for Brandyn when she told them the news, and when the truth came out about why she wasn't there to help their family... they would hate her.

With a deep breath, she moved forward.

The estate on Hapes was much different from what she'd grown up with on Naboo, a long rectangular plot of ground with well hemmed hedges, trees, and flower beds. From above it looked like a tapestry of sorts, a more modern aesthetic with lakes and fountains that twisted and turned in every which direction. The garden crew was outside as she approached, in full swing for the coming summer season. Rows of planted flowers graced the edges of the path and even came through the cracks. It tried to look natural, but Briana had an eye for these things, knowing the difference from a wildly royal garden to a well-planned one. Everything was too perfect, too precise to be real.

"As I live and breath! Lady Briana Sal-Soren!? Why... the last time I saw you, you were just a wee little thing. Now look at you." A head popped up from the foliage, revealing the source of which the scratch old voice belonged. "Oh, your mother is going to be so pleased to see you alive and well! We heard what happened to your father my dear, Shiraya rest his soul. We're so very sorry, truly."

"Guinevere!" The surprise in Briana's voice was genuine, not expecting to see a familiar face so soon, then the apology for her fathers passing came and a sad smile touched her eyes. "Thank you...um, for the condolences. But, speaking of my mother... where is she?"

"Oh, she's out with Mistress Eline right now, but your sister Blaire is just up ahead... Mistress Eline reserved a place for her to practice on her projects, she's quite the little tinkerer."

Briana raised a brow and shook her head, saying her goodbyes before heading in the direction that Guinevere pointed her in. Seemed that some things never changed.

Last edited:

Ajinar Djo

A

nSIuTZm.png
TIME: Mid-Morning
TAGS: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Blaire Sal-Soren

Where Blaire was a tinkerer, he was an artist, and with his petites sœurs jumelles away at a preparatory boarding school as many Hapan women did, he only had the faces he created with the pencil and the paintbrush for company when his peers were in the midst of being educated and his cousin, Blaire, refused his presence. His tante was indisposed in discussing Ereneda only knows what with the Duch'a and Duch'ix - his most revered mother, and most esteemed father - and he was in the midst of selecting just the right colours, having had the idea to paint the garden crew at work, when the surprised voice of the head gardener floated a name in the air that drew his attention to a sharp point.

His fingers on the tubes of paint, having released them from his grip back into the drawers of his studio, Ajinar listened for a moment as he had been taught by his father to do, when first tasked with looking out for his siblings, years ago... but quickly abandoned this tactic to tiptoe through the corridors, bringing himself to the nearest doorway to get a visual and peeking around the edge of the threshold, only to be spotted by one of the crew whom he signalled to silence, to pretend they had seen nothing, with a faintly mischievous smile and one long finger against his lips. The crewer got back to work, and he turned his eyes to what appeared to be a young siren in the midst of the leaves. He could have looked through the walls, but that would not have revealed the depth of her physical beauty.

"Ah, time has blessed you well, chère Brianne..." he faintly bit his lower lip, "...as it should."

The concept of painting utterly forgotten - except, perhaps, if he could talk the eldest of his cousins into having a sit in the Seat of Muses - Ajinar went about surprising her, which she doubtless would be even without the sneaking around; a lot had changed in the handful of years since he had last seen her, their lives and themselves. Setting himself up behind a manicured hedge, he only rose above it just as she stepped past his position, and he addressed her somewhat indirectly:

"If I had known a goddess would walk my paths, this day..." he mused, folding his arms upon the short hedge, and tilting his head to the look on her from behind, the way her hair fell... "...I would have dressed as a prince, in the hopes of being blessed with her company, if only for a little while."

Were she to turn, the relaxed and warm smile of a young man she had last seen when he was only a boy, would greet her. Already the depth of his voice was perhaps unfamiliar to her ear.

"But even just a look would be enough..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaire Sal-Soren

B
"Clickity-Clackity, science's a tragedy"

The message over her loaned computer stared back at her, while she stared at it, and the endless page of coding underneath. She was tired of this, and that was saying a lot coming from her. She didn't want to look at a bolt, or a wrench. She didn't want to smell oil, and she certainly didn't want to stare at this damn screen a second longer. As such, she leaned back, sighing aloud in her room. Her eyes closed, as a light thumping began at the side of her head. She was working too hard. Why wasn't she sitting comfortably in her chair?

She looked down at her arms, and had to do a literal double-take, grasping her own bicep with the opposing arm and rubbing at the muscle. When the hell did she get so ripped anyway? She didn't think she had been building her body so much, but with her 20/20 hindsight, it struck her that someone had just mentioned her shirt seemed a little tight earlier in that day. She wasn't fatigued though. Perhaps she had just gotten addicted to it, the working out and all. Blame Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren . The woman's appetite for sparring was insatiable.

She didn't know why (yet)... She felt as though something terrible was looming in her future. That said, she couldn't see it... She couldn't... "DIVINE" it like her siblings had the ability too. Yet she felt terrible. Like something had been ripped away from her. It had been a few weeks now, her drive was just sapped. The things that excited her were mundane. Even now, typing her usual program codes felt more like a chore, than a hobby. What was wrong?

"Bee-Dee..."

There was a light booping sound in the corner as the BD-14 unit clicked on, carefully jumping from its charging station, and clicking over to her. She lowered her hand, and helped the droid up, resting it down on the table. The droid was gender neutral. She never found reason to code it with any specific persona. And the droid was hardly worried about it.

'Bloo, Bloop WooooooOoooo?'

It droned out in a series of low whistles and beeps.

"I'm not entirely sure. I feel like. I feel like I've been robbed, but I don't why. Like there's something hanging over my head. I wish Brandyn was here."

She paused... The BD unit's photoreceptor changing in circumference to observe her face and emotions.

'Bleeeuo, bloop, blueo bloop. weeeeouuu'

She almost blushed as the BD unit dragged a smile from her sulky disposition.

"Yes, Bee-Dee, I even miss Briana. As much as I hate her guts, she's still my sister. Nothing will change that."

She said, hearing the name clearly through her door, and leaning up with a start. The droid moved out of her way as she quickly stood to her feet and moved to put on a plain shirt, and pair of sweatpants. That done she moved to her door, peeking out first, then fully stepping out into the hallway, looking towards the entrance hall.

Well hell on wheels. Ask and you shall receive or something like that right?

How couldn't she grin at her sister. She didn't hate her for leaving them. It was always coming, with their gifts. She was surprised they hadn't left the family sooner.

Where was Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren ? now that she thought of it, eyes indeed showing solidarity and affection for Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren but undoubtedly looking behind her sister for her brother. Her rock, in many senses. In any case, undoubtedly, he was close behind.

"Bree!?"

She would shake her head, seemingly taken aback by her sisters sudden appearance. The first thing Briana would likely notice was that her little sister was noticeably more bulky than when she had last seen her. She had the figure of a soldier initiate, and yet hadn't lost an ounce of beauty.

"Its been... A long time sis."

She spoke, and smiled, though her eyes kept bouncing behind Briana... Looking for something, or someone. Though all she saw was her, cousin... He was her Cousin, right? It was hard to keep up with the bloodlines these days. In any case she offered a curt bow to Ajinar Djo, he was after all a prince in his own sovereignty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom