Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Warnings!

Really I'm just curious on how those work here on Chaos, and how other people view them. On my WoW Private Server Coth there was a misconception about Character Warnings in that if you denied them, your character was invincible. Example of what I mean.

Hostage finds himself tied down in a chair with no way out. He has no tools, no tricks. But backup is on the way. The people who have him left Guard behind, a big burly man with an even bigger gun on his hip. Hostage decides to Harass Guard to be a badass. Guard pulls his gun out, pointing it at Hostages face. Hostage continues to taunt the Guard.

Guard's player sends an OOC warning that if Hostage keeps taunting Guard, Guard will shoot him in the face. Hostage's player deny's the character warning and continues to use Hostage to taunt Guard ICly.

Now I'm not sure how character warnings go here on Chaos, or even if they have them, but clearly above isn't right. Character warnings aren't something that can be denied, but more of something you avoid. If Hostage doesn't want to be shot in the face he should probably stop taunting the guard, right?

So yeah, does Chaos have a CW system?

Iris Tyrad

A man with no friends, only live for revenge
I'm sorry but I would find this hilarious, some person is having fun RPing, taunting the guard as a joke. Then gets shot in the face...

I tried getting another writer to stop writing that their characters hated mine - I may have been a bit at points trollish but I did apologize and tell them again that I felt they weren't treating me and my character nicely... I ended up leaving cause it only got worse.

I may have been "taking it too personally" but I don't care! Why did they keep it up when I told them to please stop?

Same reason people keep it up with me whenever I ask them to nicely stop. They enjoy getting acknowledged, and will do anything they can to get you to acknowledge them.

[member="Elvira Congelo"]

There was a person who "wasn't like that" on my last forum. They were singlehandedly responsible for getting my character kicked from the NJO, all because I typed "Force Lightning" instead of "Electric Judgement." The end results of that entire storyline were her forced fall to the Dark Side, the destruction of the Imperial Knights as retaliation for their persecution, and her particularly gruesome death due to OOC betrayal. A permanent death, unfortunately.

People can be assholes. Once you accept that as their nature, you can ignore them.

[member="Elvira Congelo"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Darth Ferus"]

There is no system like this. Players are encouraged to cooperate in any way they see fit to during a thread together. Disagreements are handled via PM and you just talk it out. If no agreement can be reached then you walk away from that thread and ignore that other writer. If you simply must have the thread continue, then you have the option of contacting a Roleplay Judge or Administrator to moderate the decision. (Ex: Invasions.)

That said, the edit button is your friend. *wink*

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Darth Ferus said:
Really I'm just curious on how those work here on Chaos, and how other people view them. On my WoW Private Server Coth there was a misconception about Character Warnings in that if you denied them, your character was invincible. Example of what I mean.

Hostage finds himself tied down in a chair with no way out. He has no tools, no tricks. But backup is on the way. The people who have him left Guard behind, a big burly man with an even bigger gun on his hip. Hostage decides to Harass Guard to be a badass. Guard pulls his gun out, pointing it at Hostages face. Hostage continues to taunt the Guard.

Guard's player sends an OOC warning that if Hostage keeps taunting Guard, Guard will shoot him in the face. Hostage's player deny's the character warning and continues to use Hostage to taunt Guard ICly.

Now I'm not sure how character warnings go here on Chaos, or even if they have them, but clearly above isn't right. Character warnings aren't something that can be denied, but more of something you avoid. If Hostage doesn't want to be shot in the face he should probably stop taunting the guard, right?

So yeah, does Chaos have a CW system?
And this, is where i would just shoot the char in the knees, the elbows, and then the spine and then bash his face in. Because you cant kill without permission but ill sure as hell mess up his body if i cant kill him.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Sam Jhovna said:
[member="Darth Ferus"]

There is no system like this. Players are encouraged to cooperate in any way they see fit to during a thread together. Disagreements are handled via PM and you just talk it out. If no agreement can be reached then you walk away from that thread and ignore that other writer. If you simply must have the thread continue, then you have the option of contacting a Roleplay Judge or Administrator to moderate the decision. (Ex: Invasions.)

That said, the edit button is your friend. *wink*
^ All of this. All of it. You hit a snag, you talk with the writer. You can't come to an agreement? Be the bigger person and remove yourself politely. They won't let you or you can't do so for whatever reason? After speaking with the individual(s) and no agreement is reached, then contact an RPJ or Admin to help out.

Lord Ghoul

L
Darth Ferus said:
If Hostage doesn't want to be shot in the face he should probably stop taunting the guard, right?
Hostage keeps smack talking?

"The guard drew out his blaster, leveled it at the hostage's head, and pulled the trigger."

That will make them whine. OOC

"The guard pointed his blaster at the hostage's kneecap and pulled the trigger."

That will make them shut up.

No. Character Warnings do not exist. Players can say what they think will happen, but this is the reality.

>Player reports player.
>RPJ volunteers/gets chosen for report.
>RPJ hands out decision.
>Problem persists.
>RPJ defers to Admin.
>Admin PMs the parties involved, players will be told to act mature and respectful.
>Failure to do so will warrant disciplinary action.

Disciplinary Action Possibilities, in order of most common.
>Temporary Ban.
>Factory Ban.
>Shadowban.
>Miserabled (Bandwidth throttled, random disconnects, random redirects.)
>Permaban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom