Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Warnings!

I stopped using the method after we tested it on Daella and Sarge, it's pretty barbaric and cruel.

So technically, it's not an option, but I like to think there's someone out there who'll need a good miserablin' so I keep the method available.

Thessa Kai said:
[member="Tefka"]

What is a shadowban!?

o_O

It sounds like the next new faction name ;)
A shadowban is when you're banned but you can still post and function as normal, but none of your posts appear and you won't get PMs. The idea is that you have no idea you're banned.

Basically, I set the entire community on ignore towards you.

Darth Ferus said:
Really I'm just curious on how those work here on Chaos, and how other people view them. On my WoW Private Server Coth there was a misconception about Character Warnings in that if you denied them, your character was invincible. Example of what I mean.

Hostage finds himself tied down in a chair with no way out. He has no tools, no tricks. But backup is on the way. The people who have him left Guard behind, a big burly man with an even bigger gun on his hip. Hostage decides to Harass Guard to be a badass. Guard pulls his gun out, pointing it at Hostages face. Hostage continues to taunt the Guard.

Guard's player sends an OOC warning that if Hostage keeps taunting Guard, Guard will shoot him in the face. Hostage's player deny's the character warning and continues to use Hostage to taunt Guard ICly.

Now I'm not sure how character warnings go here on Chaos, or even if they have them, but clearly above isn't right. Character warnings aren't something that can be denied, but more of something you avoid. If Hostage doesn't want to be shot in the face he should probably stop taunting the guard, right?

So yeah, does Chaos have a CW system?
I don't support unilaterally killing a character, and what Tef posted would be the most likely staff action toward those complaining about this situation.

Here's my overall suggestion to the situation:

Most likely, if a character is taken hostage, then the Writer of the Hostage has given permission for their character to be in that situation. Naturally, the Writer of the hostage taking character would assume that the hostage would play nice.

Yet, everyone has a different opinion on how a hostage acts. For some people, they think a hostage talking back to their guard is normal for certain reasons. I agree that there are situations where talking back to a guard seems logical - even if we have to adopt a character's logic rather than what we normally think.

But, if one is not having fun with how the hostage character is handling the situation, I suggest bringing the situation to the moment before the guard attempts to kill the hostage and then bring a deus ex machina to come and save the hostage.

From that point on, just don't role-play with the Writer of the hostage in the same or similar situation ever again. If one tries to do so, then there won't be much sympathy from anyone.

I.. Wo O o Alright. Just got back from work.

Okay. A CW is just a friendly warning you give to someone that if they continue action x they're putting themselves in a situation that could get them killed. It's not an OOC complaint like with reports and such, just a friendly warning that your character could die/get maimed for x action O o

[member="Tefka"] Shadowban sounds really cruel....

tumblr_mn6951JBLV1r41unfo1_250.gif
I approve.​
Miserabled is something they have on another forum site I am on, but it is called 'discourage'. One of the Admins showed us a screen shot of some of the commands he can do, and we noticed that one of the buttons under an account was 'discourage' which does what you described. The site had serious Lag problems for awhile, to the point it has become a running gag, so... yea... was funny. Lots of bad jokes. Lots of laughs. Good times.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Darth Ferus said:
Hostage finds himself tied down in a chair with no way out. He has no tools, no tricks. But backup is on the way. The people who have him left Guard behind, a big burly man with an even bigger gun on his hip. Hostage decides to Harass Guard to be a badass. Guard pulls his gun out, pointing it at Hostages face. Hostage continues to taunt the Guard.
Darth Ferus said:
Guard's player sends an OOC warning that if Hostage keeps taunting Guard, Guard will shoot him in the face. Hostage's player deny's the character warning and continues to use Hostage to taunt Guard ICly.
Guard shoots Hostage in the face.

There's a PK rule, so "Hostage" will probably live on unless they're glassed or something, but they will have a pretty new hole to breathe out of for the rest of their life to remember "Guard" by. :3

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Oh, Shorn already put it perfectly accurate. xD

And [member="Darth Ferus"]:
PK - Player-Kill (or Player-Character Kill)

ROLE PLAY RULES

• Posting Out-of-Character (OOC) messages in a role-play thread should be kept to an absolute minimum.
  • Cross-Over Role-play is not allowed.
  • You may not portray rape, pedophilia, etc. in any form.
  • Show respect to everyone in the role-play.
  • You may not kill another character without that character's permission.
^That.

It's my understanding that if two players found themselves in that situation, they both are likely to know the IC stakes. One way to take all of the controversy out of a headshot is to end it at the headshot. If you say "Guard shot Prisoner in the face and ended his dumb life", it could somehow surprise somebody who somehow did not notice a PM. If it ended at "Guard fired a shot at Prisoner's face." , not only do you avoid any and all technical god moding on the thread, but it would get almost the same point across to Prisoner, IC and OOC, to stop insulting Guard's mommy.

o.0 That got wordy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom