Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Character of the Month - May 2026 - Winner!

Hey all!

So, in a very close race, that had a lot of back and forth. I am happy to announce that our winner for May 2026 is....

Just Being Nosy!!

...Wait... Hold on. I am getting a live update.

Oh? Sorry I completely misread that poll...

Okay.

CONGRATULATIONS Varin Mortifer Varin Mortifer !!!

Our first ever unchallenged Character of the Month! Hopefully you enjoy the flair, and seat!!

qW1GXLL.gif


Here are the questions from all your nominations:
​
Question: Does your characters inner voice have a positive or negative outlook on your character and what do they most often speak to you?

Question: On an average day, what does Varin look forward to the most?

Question: If you had to pick another species for your character, which one would be hilariously wrong?

Question: what is one mundane activity that your character enjoys that would surprise others to learn?

Question: What is your character's favorite/best childhood memory?

Question: What's one thing your character believes about themselves that isn't actually true?

My question: What's the worst take your character has but would die on a hill for?

Question: Name a character (Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, Imperial or other) that you would like to have a rivalry with?

My question would be, when Varin finally hits his peak, what key powers do you think are his signatures? Is it Pyrokinesis?

Also the duality of the demon within him, do you see it coming to a head eventually?


Hope everyone is having a fantastic June! See you all in a couple of weeks for June's COTM!! Hoping to be better with these now that I am working on a staple border/flair design.
 
Congrats Varin Mortifer Varin Mortifer ! Gentle reminder that if you do not answer the questions within 24 hours, you forfeit your kneecaps and every left shoe you own.
Jokes on you, I only wear the right side on both feet. Also they took my shins in the war.

I am gonna make a quick post here, but I will be answering questions after I am off work :) easier to reply to them on my pc than my phone lol.

I want to thank everyone for the votes and the nominations. I will be honest when Revna Marr Revna Marr first convinced me to join I did not expect me to keep up with it this long. But since I had joined not only have I had a blast developing Varin's story and character but meeting all the awesome people that have not only written with me but pushed me to keep writing and improve. There is no shortage of interesting and awesome characters on this site. Before I had joined my social life was basically nonexistent and this community has helped me a lot with that, so on a personal level I also thank you all. You are all awesome and lovely people.
 
Last edited:
Some of these answers may be a bit lackluster and I apologize for that, all were really damn good questions and some definitely took more time to think on.

Question: Does your characters inner voice have a positive or negative outlook on your character and what do they most often speak to you?
Varin's personal inner voice actually struggles to make itself known as Ignati has him imprisoned within his own mind forcing him to relive the memory of losing his home. His own inner voice is a bit unknown to him, but what takes over, Ignati's voice, theres almost an even split of care and aggression. However the care that he shows Varin is more for personal gain since Varin's body protects Ignati and Ignati feeds Varin power for it.
Question: On an average day, what does Varin look forward to the most?
As much as he LOVES wearing armor, his favorite part is removing it at the end of the day and just letting the weight fall off of him. Its one of the few refreshing things he consistently gets to enjoy and Bogan forbid if anyone interrupts his zen moment.
Question: If you had to pick another species for your character, which one would be hilariously wrong?
Kowakian monkey-lizard. I always liked them when I was a kid and I just think it would be hilarious to see Varin fling flaming poo. It also is probably the perfect polar opposite of Varin's very being, hyperactive energetic thing all the time where Varin usually is...not that way unless he is fighting or just being a nuisance.
Question: what is one mundane activity that your character enjoys that would surprise others to learn?
Varin actually loves calligraphy. His mother had him learn different styles of writing to help with the dexterity and control of his wrists in hopes to translate that to saber fighting, which usually when he fights he is very much in your face but when on the defensive he is surprisingly dexterous.
Question: What is your character's favorite/best childhood memory?
Getting into shenanigans with his sister while they were growing up. This varies from messing with local cattle or breaking into small shops late at night to get a shiny gift for his sister.
Question: What's one thing your character believes about themselves that isn't actually true?
This a very tough one I'm not gonna lie, I have been thinking on this one constantly and I think my most accurate answer is he does not believe he is built to be a gentle person or someone who can give sympathy. Usually when he does display that he believes he is passing down personal wisdom, but he has shown time and again that he is indeed an emotional person and a very caring person to people he holds close.
My question: What's the worst take your character has but would die on a hill for?
This is an interesting one to me because when I write Varin he is very open to learning new ideas and points of view. That being said I think his worst take is that his Father was never wrong. And because of that he constantly lives in his father's shadow when numerous times his father had messed up or abused Varin and disguised it as "training" but if you tried to point it out to him he would either ignore it or get violent depending on how you tell him.
Question: Name a character (Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, Imperial or other) that you would like to have a rivalry with?
I do have a bit of a rivalry going on with Veradun Sharr Veradun Sharr still cooking up some plots, but if I had to choose a new rivalry it would probably be Acier Moonbound Acier Moonbound for reasons that I dare not list here OOC, I will say I just think the dynamic of his character would mesh well against Varin's as a rival.
My question would be, when Varin finally hits his peak, what key powers do you think are his signatures? Is it Pyrokinesis?

Also the duality of the demon within him, do you see it coming to a head eventually?
Definitely Pyrokinesis, but I think he will also master more earth based force abilities and eventually radiation based abilities if that is a thing. Essentially controlling the very energy of the Sun.

I don't think Ignati will come to a head not any worse than how he has been like stealing control of Varin's body, but Ignati will play a very pivotal role in something major coming to a head between him and He who shall not be named.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom