Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Aging - How Do You Go About It?

I started out writing Thurion as a seven-year-old. As his story and training progressed I aged him up to late teens, then once knighted I made him a young adult. He's since gotten married, has three children of whom two are adults, and fought in more battles than I can remember so right now I RP him in his late fourties. All of this in the span of almost 5 years on the site.

I just go with what feels logical to his personal story. If I'd gone strictly with the Chaos timeline he'd only be in his twenties by now.

I do try not to state his exact age as I like to give people (writers and characters alike) who may not know him that well figure that out on their own. When you look at a person you usually can't tell their exact age.

The best way is probably based on how much your character goes through and how much skill/influence they accrue -it shouldn't be a problem if you keep some sense of reality. Started writing here in earnest about one year ago, and I've had my titular character age about two years in that time. She's gone through so much since then.

And she's learned absolutely nothing!

Every hour your character gets older. So in 3 days we shall have your funeral.

I'm kidding, we are all immortal and Frozen in the peak of our prime.

Still joking lol.

Pretty much what everyone above has stated. Just do what feels right for you. Flow with the stories you create and respect yourself and your character.

Also, I highly recommend sky diving without a parachute, while riding your best friend, and whipping his butt with an authentic Isley Verd mask ... That is eerily similar to a Bob Marley mask.

Does wonders for your health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom