Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Account Questions

I had a couple of new member sorts of questions for you guys if you don't mind. First off, I was a little confused when I first arrived here. I accidentally created an extra sub-account, because I had believed everyone needed a writer account and a sub-account just to play a single character.

Would it be acceptable for me to apply for a name change to my writer account, and use it to create a second character, or should I leave it the way things are right now? Thanks for the advice either way.

I was also wondering what the rules are regarding hybrid characters - I mean to say, if someone is half one species and half another, what are the rules regarding which species can genetically combine?

Thanks for everything!

[member="Torvas Vief"] Gherron is right - name changes can be requested through the thread he linked so you can get things organized the way you'd like. :)

In regards to your question on hybrids, your best resource is Google/Wookieepedia. The Wookiee is very thorough as to which species can combine. If you can't find anything (I'd be surprised) feel free to ask specifically what you're looking to create. Also please keep in mind if you're looking to combine more than two different canon species it is considered an entirely new species here on Chaos and will need to be submitted through the Codex.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

[member="Gherron Vael"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Wow, I hadn't expected a response so quickly. I'll have my account changed once I'm ready to create a secondary character ^^

I was asking about the hybridization mostly because at times information is ambiguous. I'm just throwing ideas out there, but I had an idea, for instance, for a character that was an outcast because of a strange combination of races.

Wookieepedia almost seems to suggest that it would be possible to combine a human or near human with a Jawa. I have no idea what this would look like, but were something outlandish like that allowed here?

Thanks again!

[member="Torvas Vief"]

Wookiepedia is good....but anyone with an account can add and subtract things from the text. I would say do a big search into this as well and use wookiepedia as your safeguard. Point in case....I went looking there for a specific power...found it...the next day went back to get the link and the whole description changed.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
[member="Torvas Vief"]

You can change your writer account name without having to request it in the name thread. Just go to your account settings. (You will have to request a change for your character accounts if you ever need to do so.)

Also, you can keep your writer account as an OOC-only account if you want. There are a lot of people (including me) who tend to do that. It's all a matter of preference. :)

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Thank you for the link to the rules, which clears up a lot for me! I might creature one or maybe just go with a regular character in the future.

[member="Darth Venefica"]

That's kind of a problem with all of the various Wiki sites strewn about the Interwebs :'/ Since anyone can edit that also means anyone can wreak havoc.

[member="Beowoof"]

Oh, I see the menu command now to change that up, thank you. I have a lot to think about now about if I want to play another character and have the time, but thanks for helping me so much ^^

[member="Torvas Vief"]

I know....and its unfortunate that's the only real source of information we have in regards to Star Wars. He can use it as a reference or you can use the Codex here and create your own species following the template. The choice is up to you.

[member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Beowoof"]

I'm thanking all of you guys so much! I went with my gut and decided to create an additional character and change the writer account name, that way I won't get confused at all and I can help someone else out who I promised a thread to with a different character a while back.

Thanks again; I really did appreciate everything here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom