Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Char Creation Questions

Hi there! I'm working on my first character and need some clarity.

What are FU ranks (rank titles)? I've read these are outdated and could atm be anything? My idea for Tyra is to start out as a potent but untrained Force-sensitive and improve ingame by training, experimenting and finding master(s). Is this possible/worthwhile, or should I just drop the plan and make her a full Force user?

I'm slow at creating my first character AND got stuck on something already: my ship
I understand you need a ship to be confirmed by a GM? How to do that? Could I check what abandoned/damaged ships are left behind by other players to salvage one? I want Tyra to have a corvette and already made an image and picked a 'music theme' for it, but not sure if I'm even allowed to have it and maybe reusing an older approved ship from someone else could make things easier.

How are battles between characters handled (wars, duels, death)? The map/faction war interests me but I fear the consequences of getting involved.

I plan my character to have a criminal/mandalorian heritage with Sith influence who with time builds a Mandalorian presence. She should start out as a freelance criminal & mercenary. Is there a proper way for her to start ingame her own mercenary band/fleet & Clan/House? The latter I assume would fall under faction system? (Which I don't get yet)

Any suggestions for what to do in the first few Rp missions? I already had an offer for a 'job' in my new member welcoming thread so I'm likely to do that first, but perhaps there are some traps or knowledge you could hint at.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tyra Zann said:
What are FU ranks (rank titles)?
User Settings --> Rank Titles. They can be whatever you want them to be.

Tyra Zann said:
Is this possible/worthwhile,
Yes. Select any Apprentice Rank and post a thread in the LFG Forum asking for a mentor(s). Easy as pie.

Tyra Zann said:
I understand you need a ship to be confirmed by a GM?
Nah. But you can build player ships of less than 400m in The Factory. See: The Factory, for more info.

Tyra Zann said:
How are battles between characters handled
See the Rules Section for Factions stuff like Invasions and such. As for duels, they are most commonly turn based slug matches where you swing or shoot and then let your partner describe the damage taken.

Tyra Zann said:
She should start out as a freelance criminal & mercenary. Is there a proper way for her to start ingame her own mercenary band/fleet & Clan/House?
Fleets require a faction or a corporation to field in different sizes, often measured in meters. I recommend you join a faction and watch them work.

Tyra Zann said:
Any suggestions for what to do in the first few Rp missions?
Roll with the punches, as questions, make mistakes, and be pro-active. You got this. :D

Whether or not to start as a full force user would depend on the story you plan to tell. Some prefer the tale of discovery while others want to jump right from the get go. There are no right or wrong answers, so it really depends on you.

While some prefer to design their ships, you could also select one from the existing market, meaning a ship made from one on pc player can be assumed to be in your possession as long as its rather common. There are literally hundreds of ships you could select from as well as any canon non unique ships.

Conflict of all sorts is usually discussed between writers. You make an action and the other writer reacts to it. Its give and take really. Sometimes in big events like an invasion, a third party would need to referee to ensure fair play, usually those are the Rp judges, who will weigh the actions being attempted to determine any effect.

Factions are like small groups of player writers who band together to achieve a goal. Their biggest impact is apparent on the galactic map, where they can expand influence and wage war with one another.

You could form your own little criminal group and call it whatever you want within reeason. Using Daxton as an example, he is head of a quasi legitimate import/export cartel called the Red Ravens with lots of ties to the criminal and underground network. Their ships draw little attention by working mostly shipping goods to the outer rim. The Red Ravens used to be a faction but interest pretty much died, and all the other members moved to other groups. I kept the name and placed him at the head of this organization.

My suggestion is to think on what stories you want to tell. Read some of the rps and reach out to other writers whose style you like. Float some ideas, you never know where the stories will lead. Alternately you could write a solo story on the private board so others can see a sample of what you can do.

I hope this helps and if you have more questions I will do my best to answer them. Cheers.

[member="Tyra Zann"]
It's a canon starship, so there's no real need to submit it to the factory. You're free to do so, however, and, to my knowledge, nobody has actually submitted the Crusader-class Corvette.

I think I will look into the 'factory' then. I might only make small changes but at same time it will add the standard Crusader to the factory database too, and I get to know how the factory works. Too bad there was no previously used Crusader ship, I would've preferred to somehow get my hands on a ship with ingame history.

I think Zambrado had a cruiser class ship, not really sure if he modified though. Try contacting [member="Darth Carnifex"]. Mind that I not 100% certain but it could never hurt to ask him.

Just try not to stray too near the exhibit, we are still trying to clear the mess from the last vic..inquisitive mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom