Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chaos Pokemon Draft League: Season 2

As some of you may remember, I put out an interest check for a Pokemon draft league for Chaos members, by Chaos members a little while back. The response was very positive and we kicked off the league with ten teams, and although a few people dropped out early on they were all quickly replaced by others, and the first season went by much smoother than I dared to hope for (Shoutout to all the players, you're all amazing).

Now that season 1 is behind us however, it is time to throw out another LFG thread. We're looking to expand the league to include even more players than the ten present right now, and everyone is invited! We have a mix of veterans, new players, and everything inbetween, and since it is a league for SWRP: Chaos members chances are you know at least a few of them. The league is organized and run by myself and [member='Taeli Raaf'].

In order to clarify what the league is about exactly, here is a summary:

- A draft league has 8 or more players, or coaches, that participate. First a draft will be held, much like an NBA draft, where at the end of things everyone will have eleven different Pokemon. Everyone builds a team of six Pokemon and plays a match against another coach once a week, and everyone plays each other once. The top cut of players will then advance to the playoffs, and the winner of the final will be crowned the champion!

- You can also trade Pokemon with other coaches and pick up Pokemon from the pool of free agents, but that and more is explained in the document that keeps the rules. They may seem daunting to some, but from seeing people take the plunge in the first season people immediately get the hang of it the moment they just give it a shot.

- There is this nifty website called Pokemon Showdown, which is a fantastic Pokemon battle simulator that runs in your web browser and even works on your phone. All matches in the vast majority of draft leagues are played on here, with only a select few playing on the latest games. It's completely free, too! If you can access Chaos, you can play on Showdown.

- If you haven't kept up with all the shiny new Pokemon and are thinking "Well, I only know the original 151 and would get completely lost," do not fear! The creators of Pokemon Showdown have also created their very own version of the Pokedex where you can look up their stats, what moves they can have, and even examples of good movesets. In addition, I have also created a document which will neatly show which Pokemon are good and which aren't, so you will have all the info you need to get yourself a strong roster. Taeli and I are also happy to lend people a hand with anything you may run into. We won't bite, promise.

If you are interested in joining, or even just want to spectate the battles, we have a Discord server (PM me for it, random people from Google have been joining the server thinking it was any other league) where all of the magic happens. You're more than welcome to hop in and either join us or just let out your inner Pokemon nerd with us. We hope to see you there!

Join up and get rekt by the Adumari Aggrons!!​
tumblr_ma3olvKeWX1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Anyone else think that this would be a good idea for RP? I know that this is a place of Star Wars and not Pokemon, however having a thread where the writer describes their pokemon and their attacks, based around how fights went off in the show rather than the game, such as the use of the environment and more frequent dodging, etc, just sounds like a cool idea. Not to mention it would be much needed practice in writing for actual duels on the board for those who need it.

Ahh, if only...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom