Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Changwai Autocannons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
pe_289_guardian_superheavy_phaser_emplacement_by_duskie_06_db14py2-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Autocannon Blaster
  • Size: Extremely Large
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Ship/vehicle/facility power
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Very High
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Overwhelming Force: Designed as one of the strongest weapons in the Atrisian military. The superheavy autocannon is meant to be fired into the central mass of a ship or planetside for maximum damage.
STRENGTHS
  • Hellfire: Designed like most autocannons as a powerful attack. The cannons pack a much higher destructive force then most of the guns on the ships.
  • Sleg - Quintessence Power Source: A heavier battery designed to give off high levels of heat and energy. The sleg makes the guns highly explosive if they don't have an advanced heat sink installed.
  • One two three punch: Designed as a massive blow attack wise. With a combination design utilizing different aspects of strong defensive guns. The cannons rotate quickly making for sustained fire and countering recoil, they use different attacks to target shields, armor and weakening both.
  • Kyber Enhancement: Using methods of the first orders finalizer kyber crystals to enhance the energy output of the ships cannons to increase the damage and attack strength being delivered. For agrocite designs it is used in place of the crystal.
  • Synthetic Tobal Lens: An advanced heat sink, designed to convert heat at high efficiency into extra energy. For the train to gain increased levels of speed and use its advanced systems that have been installed and built into it.
WEAKNESSES
  • Build up: Spinning up the cannon takes time and recharging it several minutes.
  • Single Shot: Not designed to rapid fire but linked between the three cannons to turn each shot into the strongest.
  • No Tracking: The linked cannons are designed as super heavy cannons. Slow to fire, slower to move and adjust aim wise and without advanced tracking or homing requiring the shots to be spot on so not to waste the shots.
  • Bracing: The shots when fired have heavy recoil that can bend the superstructure of ships or vehicles if they are not properly reinforced.
  • Sleg: A powerful energy enhancer, the sleg absorbs and channels the excessive heat generated by the weapons to cool and power the shots. Making them maintain a stronger level of power but also increases the chances that they could explode exponentially turning each gun into a heavy warhead that could tear apart the sections of the ship/vehicle/facility they are installed on..
  • Kyber crystals: Using the design of the finalizer and enhancing the power of the weapons with crystals gives the guns a secondary effect as the larger crystals used for weapons can be explosive if cracked.
  • Cryo: Harvesting and pulling in vacuum energy creates a dangerous cryo like effect. Turning virtually the power cell into something dangerous to touch or if containment for it is broken almost making it like a cold snap before it explodes.
  • Weight: The turbolasers are made to be super heavy and for most ships that can hold a turbolaser. For vehicles and facilities it is generally required to have the ability to hold the weight of it all.
  • Turn the keys: More a threat then promise. Using the cannons requires twin data cylinders for authorization to fire them.
DESCRIPTION
Designed as more of an ultimatum weapon, the Autocannons are impressive in terms of their destructive capabilities. The Atrisian commonwealth put in safeguards to keep them from being used easily. It is the closest they could get to fashioning a hell projector as a means to devastate enemy forces adhering to an Atrisian ideal about if you have to attack then win and or grievously harm so much there can't be retribution. The superheavy design of the cannons added a third barrel of the cannon and removing a massive shell that was wrapped in energy to smash it is more a powerful laser that can penetrate the surface of a planet or hull of a ship. The weight of the cannons is the same as what else they have created with Saotome... almost unable to be used on small ships that haven't been reinforced and specifically set up with designs to survie the recoil of the cannons that bends the superstructure of the ships. Several more safety measures were designed for it as a means to protect from slicers and while it was an impressive cannon they wanted to see if it was possible to up the power output of the weapons.

Last edited:
Hey there! Only question I have is the same as I had over in the Jihoon Turbolaser thread.

Hey, so this looks like a well thought out and written submission. I only have one question.

How exactly is the company getting their hands on enough kyber crystals to produce these weapons at the Mass-Produced level? My understanding is that Kyber crystals are somewhat rare in the galaxy. It's not really a make or break issue for me, I just wanted to see what your reasoning is before I approve this.

Thanks!

Junko Ike Junko Ike

If you can give me a reasonable rationale, either here or there then I'm happy to proceed in approving this. Thanks!

Junko Ike Junko Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom