Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing of the Colors; TCP Consul Election...

Ari Zanareth

A
ckaqn36.png
XA FEL; GOVERNMENT HALL
[member="Renn Garrick"] [member="Custani Valcho"] [member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Chris Walker"] [member="Fireson V'Trechen"] [member="William Tacer"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Avery Regailis"]​
The time had come. She'd run the day to day affairs of the Government with impunity since the first election to Consul. If one could even call it that. What started out as a few Corporate Militants on a boat in space had grown to become a larger piece of the Galactic Puzzle.

Under her leadership she'd delivered them a safe harbor to rest, fortified defenses, and a War that would either make or break them. Despite all this, the Consul was feeling ground down. Long months of service had been rough on her body and mind. She had fallen away from her secret studies as a Sith and become closer to a Military Commander.

The Articles of the Protectorate had been signed and sealed in blood. It was time for election.

Ari from the rear of the Auditorium was getting herself prepped and ready. She reread her speech one last time, and then tore it to shreds. She adjusted her harness, and her flightsuit. She smoothed her hair and then nodded.

The curtains lifted, to show her a t podium, addressing a council of the highest figures of the TCP.

She decided to cut the common courtesies and address them directly.

"Esteemed colleagues, I had a speech for this, but that is no more helpful than a Jawa at this time. Here's the facts. We are at War with the CIC. We are still growing, albeit slowly. We've constructed several defenses on the worlds we've claimed and reorganized our Military. We've signed and sealed Articles into law."

She paused, and then continued.

"We are the precipice of a new dawn. It is time for me to hand over the Office, per the Articles via a Democratic vote. I have enjoyed my time as Consul, and I thank you all for your support. Superseding this I'll be taking a lesser role if so appointed. As a side-note the Second Office of Consul has been eliminated to reduce bloat. We shall now have only One."

She clasped her hands behind her back and nodded.

"Right then I present to you Candidates [member="Credius Nargath"] and [member="Savri Sal II"]."

After this, she stepped aside and let them enter....

With a courteous nod, Credius showed his appreciation towards Lady Zanareth, he then turned to the one who was supposed to be his adversary in this political race, but his partaking within this race for consul had a greater and different reason all together than actually becoming consul. The title was ofcourse a highly prestigious one, but it would have limited the Marquis' flexibility and would have hindered his own ambitions. So he took it upon himself to place his hand calm and gently upon his adversary's shoulders with a smile, silently saying a few words underneath his breath. "Perhaps it would be best if they heard me out first, I ensure you that you will want to hear this yourself."

Stepping forward, Credius cleared his thoat and greeted those responsible for making the vote. "Let me first say, that it has been an honor to serve you, Lady Zanareth and I hope your future endeavours may be just as bright and pleasant as you want them to be," Now with those pleasantries out of the way, the man straightened his back, placed his hands besides the revers of his overcoat and let out a long sigh. "On any other occasion, this most likely would've been an election filled with joy and festivities. Alas, dark days are upon us and tensions are rising all around us. A crushing defeat has been given to the Mandalorians, furthermore weakening the upcoming storm that is the Sith Empire. But just as tensions are rising afar, they also grow closeby, with many minor and major factions looking upon our beloved protectorate with envy and distrust."

Spreading out his arms and raising his chin a bit upwards, the marquis made quite the imposing figure. "The Core Imperial confederation desires the worlds we inhabit and control, they fear the strength in our arms, the power in our hearts and the wisdom of our minds. What we need is a consul who can face these threats head on, look the enemy in the eye and show no fear. What we need is a leader who can support the weight of all the souls we represent, all the while lifting the weight from the hearts of those very same souls," Suddenly Credius turned towards Savri Sal II with a smile on his face, reaching out with his hand towards the man. "Though I do not doubt my own abilities, I fear that my best place within this glorious protectorate is not as its leader, but as its humble servant. Therefore I abstain from my admission to the consulate and ask all of you, to unite yourselves for the sake of the protectorate, for the sake of those souls we represent. I ask you to accept the man standing there before you as your new consul and together with him, we shall survive, we shall endure...we shall built ourselves up to new heights. All in favor, say aye?"

Fireson went into the voting booth first. He did not know the two candidates well. [member="Credius Nargath"] was a esteemed colleague of his and Fireson would be honored to have him as a consul. Fireson has never seen or heard of [member="[/FONT][FONT='times new roman']Savri Sal II[/FONT][FONT='times new roman']"]. For him it was a clear choice in the matter. He pressed the button that had [member="Credius Nargath"] 's name and went ot join the others.

[member="Ari Zanareth"]

This was a shock. Savri was not exactly expecting [member="Credius Nargath"] to literally hand him the position. He was expecting political mud slinging. Something MCU more interesting than him just approaching the podium and accepting the position. No. But, it was good to have secured the position with little effort."Thank you" he stated bluntly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom